232 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatfig.com/
- Phone: (843) 805-5900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar Opens Monday - Saturday at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Mike Lata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from FIG
Upscale Neighborhood Bistro serving a daily changing menu with seasonal, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
FIG reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (182)special occasion (123)neighborhood gem (87)hot spot (87)romantic (77)notable wine list (64)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (9)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A wonderful evening to celebrate our anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2014Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable of the products. We appreciated the attention to detail and the fantastic suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good; but not greatLoveDiningOutDined on 11/20/2014Excellent, well-sourced, largely seasonal ingredients. Very well prepared; one or two dishes were excellent; most very good. Nothing outstanding. Great service, but the ambiance was just so-so ... not a particularly charming or lovely restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative yet traditionalSteveVIPDined on 11/17/2014Similar to other leading edge eateries we have tried in Charleston, Fig is putting their own twist on traditional dishes. We had a 6pm reservation, and we seated immediately. There is a small bar with some search ing where people seemed to be sampling dishes. The interior is contemporary with well spaced tables. Service was fuss free, and the server knew the dishes well. My smoked amberjack app. was outstanding; the fish was strong, reminiscent of Lake Superior smoked trout, with pepper and salt in abundance, balanced by a creamy slaw and fish roe topping. One of the best dishes I have had this week, but not for the faint of palate. I had the grouper for my main course, not as flavorful as the smoked fish, but competently done. My wife had the amberjack main dish and enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014First time there and our waitress ( I am so sorry I don't remember her name) made the food sound so amazing it was really hard to choose from the menu. Everyone was fantastic and would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noizyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014In general food was good, but we were very desapointed with the Truffle apetizer at 35 $, the truffle did not seems to be fresh, lack of taste. It is also very noizy at least too much for a cozy dinner. We made a mistake with our reservation, we entered the wrong date, but they accomadate us. In resumé, good plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor was amazing!PageDined on 11/6/2014The hanger steak and spinach was fabulous! Bay scallop appetizer flavor was also very good but hard to find the scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Is GreatFatguyDined on 11/5/2014I think FIG stands for "Fresh Is Good" but it should stand forFood Is Great. Amazing dinner after a concert. Wait staff is highly skilled and friendly. Awesome wine. As Tony the Tiger says "Their Great"! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group DinnerJJStevensDined on 11/5/2014We walked right in and were seated for our reservation, which made us somewhat rock star like for those who were waiting. Our server made honest suggestions, the chicken liver pate was the highlight of the meal, and we were checked in on just enough to not be intrusive. Great time!Special Features:
- RuchmonddocRichmonddocDined on 11/3/2014Remarkable service! All of the staff were exceptionally happy and appeared to enjoy working at the restaurant and serving their guests. Food was outstanding; great recommendations on beer and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ReservationsHurrahDined on 10/30/2014Upon arriving at the restaurant we found our reservations by Open Table had been made for a month later. Fig was nice enough to sit us at a community table. I ordered the whole flounder and got a small piece of thick fish (probably grouper). The waitress claimed this was a whole flounder. It was cooked well but I left the restaurant hungry. I will not go back nor use Open Table.Special Features:
- Food is great!ClaudiaDined on 10/29/2014We had a wonderful meal at fig.. The gnocchi appetizer was wonderful. Flounder and truffle dishes were perfect.... Enjoyed the whole scene. Had to wait a bit for our table, with a reservation, but was well worth it! Will return on our next trip to Charleston.Special Features:
- Get the schnitzel!Mingo13VIPDined on 10/29/2014My dining companion is all about Germany. Been there, ate many German foods. But said the pork schnitzel we had at FIG was the best he's ever had anywhere! The rest of our meal was equally delicious. One of the best dining experiences in Charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMarygrumbleDined on 10/29/2014This was the best meals we have had all year. Server was knowledgeable and very attentive. The food was seasoned perfectly and was delicious. The portion sizes were perfect as well. Save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome date night spoteem82889Dined on 10/18/2014The food at FIG was excellent, only to be topped by the service. Our server was very informative and attentive and made great recommendations. The menu changes almost daily, which is cool because you know your meal will be innovative based on what happens to be fresh that day.Special Features:
- Food Is Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Great dinner at FIG. We were really looking forward to FIG, and it didn't disappoint. Both food and wait staff were terrific. Can't wait to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- F.I.G. cares about food allergies.wheezygirlDined on 10/16/2014One of the people at our table had a severe food allergy and the staff and chef went above and beyond to offer a delicious alternative in the preparation of the special he wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Incredible restaurant. Food was absolutely delicious. Creative, flavorful, just the right portion size. Service was also top notch. Sat us right down as we walked in, server was incredibly knowledgeable and gave good recommendations. Top restaurant in Charleston.Special Features:
- 1st time @ FIGrevu2uDined on 10/14/2014Food is indeed divine at FIG. The freshness of ingredients and layers of flavor were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip up to charlestonLowlyWormDined on 10/14/2014We were staying in edisto and took a trip up to FIG for dinner. We were greeted as soon as we walked in the door then the wonderful meal began. We did start with the white truffle ricotta gnocchi, a special that evening. Have to say it was amazing. The chef came out and shaved the truffle over the gnocchi Devine. The rest of our meal was just as great. If I was in the charleston area I would make sure I got back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F.I.G. FOOD IS GOODSandyDined on 10/14/2014WE HAD A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE AT F.I.G. THE SERVICE WAS GREAT AND THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. OUR WAITER WAS SO KNOWLEDGEABLE.Special Features:
- Mostly GreatDrBobDined on 10/10/2014We started with the Tomato Tarte. Really delicious. Amberjack was outstanding with a great sauce accompanying it. Seafood "stew", actually a bouillabaisse, was really nice. Desserts were a little disappointing. The chocolate crepes were a little doughy. All in all, a nice evening. Great service.Special Features:
- Caring service, balanced dishesIKnowCharlestonDined on 10/10/2014We were 20 minutes late for our reservation for 2 due to a late plane. I screened the call and our table was given away, but upon arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful. They first sat us at a nice waiting bar for a drink and were seated at the bar in a timely fashion (also given the option for a table for a longer wait). Our cocktail waitress and bartender were equally amazing. The dishes followed suit. Everything was perfectly balanced and delicious. We tried 2 gin cocktails that were strong and smooth and switched to some recommended red and were even more satisfied. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ana523Dined on 10/8/2014I heard so much about it that I was really excited to go. The service was excellent but half if my flounder dish was not cooked at all. Took my apetite away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshestchickchickDined on 10/8/2014Food is best when fresh and FIG never disappoints from the 9 vegetable salad, seasonally FRESH, to the FRESH caught flounder. They really know what to do with these fresh ingredients. Lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So loud it's hard for conversationalwaysthere1VIPDined on 10/7/2014Very fresh ingredients and innovative cooking make Fig an energetic dining scene, but almost possible to have a quiet conversationSpecial Features:
- robustnc1Dined on 10/7/2014Great food and terrific knowledgeable service. Very enjoyable experieinceSpecial Features:
- What a great placekr312Dined on 10/7/2014We never in Charleston but rarely venture across the bridge for dinner. Fig was well worth the trip. The food was amazing, the service (Kate was our server) was flawless and my husband is still raving about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Night in CharlestonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014On my recent trip to Charleston, this was the restaurant that i was most excited to eat at. I also hear this is the hardest restaurant in Charleston to get into, so i was happy that on my last night i could dine there. Me and my girlfriend are both pretty big foodies, we go out to eat a lot. This place did not disappoint. The food was all fantastic, and the wine by the glass was all amazing. The service at one point felt like we were forgotten, but i noticed that our server was in the weeds pretty hard so i didn't put it against her. Also the manager came over and made sure we felt welcome, which i always enjoy. Over all great last night, dinner, in a town that has a lot of great food. I would recommend this to anybody visiting Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted something newLetsEatDined on 10/4/2014I was set on trying something new on my trip to Charleston. To be honest I said I wanted to try something "weird". Skate Wing was on the menu and it was awesome! I never ever thought I would eat sting ray, but I did and it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying some place newcassieDined on 10/3/2014We've been wanting to try Fig for years. Kind of hard to get a decent time without reserving weeks in advance. Food very nicely prepared. Service friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favorite in CharlestonMichelleDined on 10/2/2014The first time we ate at Fig was on a whim. We have yet to be disappointed since. The servers are incredible and you can tell they know what they're talking about when it comes to good food and wine. The tomato tarte appetizer is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What! I can't hear myself think!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Great food. Great service. The noise level was unbearable.Special Features:
- Fabuloustable4twoDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I live in Charleston, but not downtown. In an effort to go downtown, we try one really good restaurant every 3 or so weeks. We've gone to so many, I can't remember. This is one of our top 3 places! You have to try the tomato tarte tatin. It is simply hands down the BEST dish I've had in Charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as usualalwayshungryVIPDined on 9/27/2014We are never disappointed when we go to FIG. We are always amazed at the fantastic combination of flavors. This is a MUST for anyone visiting Charleston!Special Features:
- SaraDined on 9/26/2014The waitress was friendly, patient, thorough, and obviously takes pride in what she serves. I ordered the most amazing pegoy dish, my husband a deliscious pig confit. We both left happy and full (though not over stuffed). We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedHermosabeachVIPDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is absolutely noisy! The restaurant is more like a bar scene, with lots of young singles at the entrance bar area. My husband and I both ordered suckling pig, which was a cube of fatty, salty blob. My father in law was happy with his grouper fish. We had crepe for dessert, and it was just ok. We also ordered a bottle of wine ($99) which the waiter put away after the first pouring and didn't refill our glasses until I requested. It was definitely a night of over priced, overrated dining at the Fig.Special Features:
- Great food terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food is consistently amazing at FIG. Unfortunately, rude attitudes are as well. Hosting staff is arrogant and difficult, creating for a poor first impression upon walking in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food IS GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014We had a very good meal at Fig. Our server , Lindsay was a great source of information on some previously untried dish items and helping me to determine which of their - unique specialty drinks I would like. She was attentive and and friendly.My favorite dish was the spaghetti,crab with bottarga appetizer? The restaurant is contemporary in design, dimly lit and would be considered noisy by most due to the lack of carpeting but we still enjoyed our meal. Would love to go back again.
- Delicious, beautiful.DiningCharlestonVIPDined on 9/24/2014The suckling pig confit with sweet potatoes and broccolini was delicious. With a generous smear of whole grain mustard enhanced jus, the dish in its entirety reminds one of southern style pulled pork BBQ seen through a very sophisticated lens. Overall, a very smart menu, mindfully plated, from apps to dessert. Greeted by a server who already knew it was my birthday and had champagne ready, and given a special seat as per our online request, this is also a restaurant that cares about attention to detail in the realm of FOH service. Wonderful modern upscale decor and art makes the patron feel almost as if they are in someone's home or at an art gallery, and not just at 'another restaurant.' Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelin stars get taken awayKulgarDined on 9/22/2014Once you win a James Beard award, it's forever. Michelin stars, not so much. One meal does not a restaurant make but the pacing went bad when we waited 30 minutes from appetizer clearing to entre arriving with not so much as a "hello" from anyone except to get another glass of wine. And someone went nuts with the "finishing" salt and my porgy was nearly inedible, certainly tasted more like salt cod than a pricey fresh fish. I know people who smoke and drink mixed drinks before dinner have to have overly salted food to taste anything but an award winning restaurant should not spend more on salt than on all other spices combined. They offfered to remake but the pacing was off before that, would have killed the meal to do that.Special Features: