Fig & Olive - Newport Beach
151 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Fig & Olive - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: 9498773005x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Saturday: 11:00AM – 4:00PM
Mid Day Menu:
Sunday – Saturday: 4:00PM – 5:00PM
Sunday - Monday: 5:00PM – 9:30PM
Tuesday: 5:00PM – 10:00PM
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00PM – 11:00PM
Friday: 5:00PM – 12:00AM
Thursday - Saturday: 1:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: FIG & OLIVE is coming to you!
Our Customized Catering Menu features many of FIG & OLIVE’S favorite dishes along with many other new and exciting options.
Our Full Service Special Events Team handles every detail – from intimate dinners in your own home to extravagant galas.
Our experienced team of chefs and planners will bring exceptional cuisine and impeccable service every time.
Consider FIG & OLIVE Catering for your next event.
Please inquire for a customized quote: email@example.com
- Entertainment: Aperitivo Happy Hour: Everyday from 4PM to 6PM at the Bar & Lounge
- Special Events: FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is located along the Coast of Orange County in one of the premier shopping destinations, ”Fashion Island”. Guests will be transported into a 12,000 square foot French Riviera Oasis, accommodating up to 330 guests.
This location is surrounded by olive trees, gardens and offers a variety of seating options; both indoor and outdoor.
The welcoming open design offers guests to take full advantage of the California Riviera weather. The various dining spaces at FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach create a range of personalized experiences for its diners, from casual get-togethers to intimate private dinners.
For more information about Special Events at FIG & OLIVE MELROSE PLACE we invite you to check our website and for a customized quote please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Fig & Olive - Newport Beach
FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is located along the Coast of Orange County in one of the premier shopping destinations,”Fashion Island”. Guests will be transported into a 12,000 square foot French Riviera Oasis, accommodating up to 330 guests. This location is surrounded by olive trees, gardens and offers a variety of seating options; both indoor and outdoor. The welcoming open design offers guests to take full advantage of the California Riviera weather. The various dining spaces at FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach create a range of personalized experiences for its diners, from casual get-togethers to intimate private dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Fig & Olive - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Fig & Olive - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
569 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (314)special occasion (299)vibrant bar scene (258)hot spot (256)great for outdoor dining (240)great for lunch (203)good for groups (194)romantic (175)great for brunch (116)notable wine list (113)neighborhood gem (99)late-night find (75)scenic view (18)kid-friendly (18)Show More
- Newport Hotspot not fit for foodiesdoubledocDined on 10/26/2014Food didn't exactly meet expectations for a 4-5 star restaurant, more so since we were celebrating a special event. Although a request was placed in our reservation regarding our special event, no mention was made by hostess or server to acknowledge it or set aside special seating. Food is somewhat overpriced and portions small, but ambiance is good. Was slightly disappointed since I had high expectations. The desert was especially disappointing, since we ordered a chocolate souffle that had no volume or airiness and was as compact and flat as a chocolate pound cake, and pretty tasteless. However the truffle appetizer was truly amazing, probably the only highlight of the dinner.Special Features:
- GreatKathyVIPDined on 10/26/2014The food, service, and ambiance were all great. It was our first time, and we will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- CkoliciousDined on 10/25/2014Sooooo very disappointed. Food was adequate at best. SERVICE wasn't much better. Had to wait almost an hour even after I called and let them know we were running a few minutes late. I was told that that would be ok. Not so much. After we arrived, we waited 52 minutes-frustrating to say the least, especially since we were celebrating a birthday. Things didn't get much better than that...the lobster in the lobster salad was opaque, sent back and it seemed to be missing the lobster? So we paid 26$ for arugula?! Awesome! You live and you learn. Won't be paying them a visit for food anytime soon. Drinks with friends? Different story;). Cheers, and thank you!Special Features:
- Birthday for 98 year old MotherRayDDined on 10/25/2014The 3 of us had reservations for 5:45 we were seated right away in the patio, unfortunately, my Mom thought it was drafty and requested indoor seating which we got right away. The service is very attentive, the food is very good and the server had good wine & food recommendations. We did notice that by the time we left, 7:30 the noise level had picked up to the point it was almost deafening! So if you want quiet go early, if you like a noisy bar scene go late. You must have reservations for the weekend, but I saw people in the lounge areas, there is one outside and one inside and you can order food, not sure if the menu is limited there or not, go early if you want a seat in the lounge area otherwise its standing room only.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We went for a family birthday celebration. We were sat where we could see the open kitchen at work. The first thing I noticed was an overwhelming smell of fish, it was not pleasant and made me wonder about the freshness. It was bad enough, I almost left. Finally the smell blended in. Our waiter was pleasant and knowlegable about the menu and offered suggestions. The staff was attentive. Two of us had the lamb chops. They were very tasty and a serous 4 chops.. My brother had the salmon. We started off with appetizers of olives and a cheese plate. Both were very delicious. It was a busy Saturday night and it was an enjoyable experience overall. I would go there again.Special Features:
- Pretty but DisappointingLinnycDined on 10/24/2014Beautiful restaurant and good service but the food did not match and was very disappointing. Not very tasteful. Appetizer crostini a were good. Veal dry and over cooked. Special pasta tasteless and paella was fair and small portion. Would not rush back, but it is pretty!Special Features:
- A go to spotBongoVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is our fourth visit to Fig and each time the food, service and ambience have been excellent! It's a bit pricey, but worth it! We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2014The food, ambiance, service....we give it 5 stars +++. Outstanding!Special Features:
- Very Improved Service!!LovefoodVIPDined on 10/21/2014This restaurant had a lot of people complaining about the service when it first opened. And I had to agree, it needed to improve greatly. And, it has! They have done a great job. Our waitress was very friendly and even offered to de-bone my chicken dish. I love the food here and will happily go back time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a DiscoveryHankOVIPDined on 10/20/2014Highly recommend this restaurant and its wonderfully inventive and tasteful menu. The crostini was a great starter and the lobster risotto entrée was about the best I've ever had, but the truffle mushroom croquettes were absolutely the highlight of our dinning experience with melt in your mouth flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for foodiesErthTrekkingFoodieDined on 10/20/2014An excellent environment with reasonably good service should have helped elevate the very mediocre and underwhelming menu offerings -- I'm afraid not. At the prices being charged there are much better choices in the area. Lots of potential, could be a gem, but kitchen menu and execution needs upgrading.Special Features:
- Diamond In The Rough at NPBpassion4foodDined on 10/20/2014What more do I need to say~ If you want to experience it, taste it, and feel like a Diamond, I strongly suggest that you be there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Highly recommend the Summer in Provence cocktailSpecial Features:
- Long wait & slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a reservation for 4 at 8:15 on Saturday night, we did not get seated until 9, and we didn't get our food until 10:15! The wait was too long, I understand a couple minutes but there were walk ins that were being seated and receiving out food before us. Music was too loud. Food was very good, bar scene was very good. The server was very friendly and knowledgeable. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding againFancyCatVIPDined on 10/18/2014From the crostini to the vegetable sides to the chateaubriand, the food was outstanding. The sea bass in papillote was delicious. The only disappointment was the branzino; it was bland and needed some kind of taste boost. Can'at see enough about the Fig & Olive salad. Large enough for 4 and a wonderful blend of flavors. The only reason we don't go here more often is the noise; it is just too noisy to enjoy conversation.Special Features:
- WoodyDined on 10/18/2014The music was so loud I could not hear the waitress or my wife talk. It might be lively but I will not return for dinner. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance!sktrnDined on 10/18/2014I heard wonderful things about this place so we went here on a Saturday night to celebrate my birthday with my friends. We were seated right away since I had made reservations through Open Table. Our waiter Shane, was wonderful. He did not rush us like some of the other comments posted. Cocktails Cucumber Cosmo - was ok. Cane Raspberry Mojito - very good. Nice hint of mint to add to the drink. Appetizers Truffle Mushroom Croquette (6pcs) - Yummy! Lite and delicate. I could have eaten more. Entree I ordered the Riviera Salmon - was good. My friends ordered the Paella Del Mar and the Truffle Risotto with Chicken. They enjoyed it and could have licked the plate clean. Will definitely come back for date night with my husband.Special Features:
- More Hot Spot Than Prem.RestaurantOCKenDined on 10/17/2014Advance reservations still netted my party a table nearest the kitchen door in the outdoor covered patio, and next to a service bar that became a congregating area for stand-up partyers hovering noisily around our table ruining the already minimal dining ambience. Food was just OK.Special Features:
- Fabulous!MichelleloveDined on 10/17/2014Highly recommend. Great ambiance, good quality food, class clientle and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageChristinaA1214VIPDined on 10/17/2014I've been to Fig and Oliver 4x's. The first 3 visits the service was terrible, food was OK and drinks were terrific along w/atmosphere. Sitting at the bar, each time, it took over 10min for a bartender to notice me and ask if I was interested in a drink. This last time I was there for a birthday the service was excellent but I thought the food was average. It's a great fun environment if you're going for drinks w/friends but I'm not sure I would recommend dinner given the service is so spotty and food is average.Special Features:
- Above and beyond service and foodDreaVIPDined on 10/16/2014Hands down the BEST appetizer i have ever had- the truffle mushroom croquette. Words cannot even describe how amazing it was! The flavors were absolutely unreal. You must try it!! also the service was amazing. All around great experience and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceCertifiedGoGetterVIPDined on 10/15/2014Once again, Fig & Olive never ceases to amaze me. I had the most wonderful time on Wednesday night. Thank you Kassandra for the impecible service. Rest assure, I will return soon. --SarahSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 10/13/2014I stopped coming here after the last few disappointments but thought I would give it another chance. The riviera shrimp and salmon was very very salty. Told the waitress. It came back with almost no dressing. The salad was poorly prepared hence there was a lack of taste.
- Great scene but average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Loved the scene and ambiance at this restaurant. I had heard so much about it & was very excited to go. The food honestly was not that great.....especially given that you are paying "full price". We shared several starters.....none of which I would order again and my entree was "okay". The desserts were actually terrible (and we shared 3). I would definitely go back is you're not hungry and want a good bar scene....or maybe it was just an off night in the kitchen as it was a Sunday.Special Features:
- BlandanabananaDined on 10/12/2014I was disappointed with my entree. My pasta dish was bland. I kept looking around for the salt shaker, but it was nowhere to be found. I was too embarrassed to ask for it because the ambience is so upscale. Our sangria was delicious. Crustini appetizer was amazing! And then the bill came, wow, it was steep and having had a disappointing dinner made my experience painful. Doubtful my girlfriends and I will be back unless we share drinks and apps.Special Features:
- Julie PorterPorter8515Dined on 10/12/2014Four of us enjoyed the Sunday brunch. Service was excellent. However, after we left and were headed out of the area we thought we were overcharged.The menu said the brunch was $28 per person (or about $120). We had two additional Mimosas besides the ones included on the menu and two cups of coffee. We split the bill 3 ways and each share was $73 (plus tip) which would be about $ 220. Still can't quite see how it added up. We should have gone back and asked for an explanation.Special Features:
- SoleilVIPDined on 10/12/2014I went for brunch on a Sunday with a friend and everything was superb, from the ambiance and the service to the food and drinks. Cannot wait to return next weekend!Special Features:
- Best new OC RestaurantTigerVIPDined on 10/11/2014highly recommend Truffle mushroom croquettes and Fig Gorgonzola tarlett. We ate there in NY and loved it. When we found out they were opening in OC we had to go back. The food and service was perfect. The bar is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyPamelatjVIPDined on 10/11/2014and delicious. Lunch was exceptional, Attentive and caring servers.Special Features:
- Outstanding venueBlondieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful place for all meals!!! Great food great ambiance perfect!!!!Special Features:
- PatsyOutToDineDined on 10/10/2014Great atmosphere, delicious food, wonderful menu selections, fantastic wine list, excellent waiter and service. What a great dining experience - it was really special!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service OutstandingPCHgalDined on 10/10/2014I went with a friend and, when I say the food and service could not have been better, I truly mean it! Jason our waiter, was as good a waiter as I have every had. His suggestions and menu/selection knowledge added so much to our wonderful dining experience. I chose the tasting menu and my dining partner ordered the butter leaf salad and penne. It was better than delicious. I have dined here several times but will always look forward to coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Noise.KitchenDined on 10/10/2014Our waiter was professional, polite, and knowledgeable. The food was fresh. The music volume, at 7:20 pm was unbearable. Our ears were ringing for the next several hours. We asked a manager about the volume of the music; he told us that they wanted the restaurant to have energy. Okay, but we were having a nice dinner - not looking to hook up in the bar. Too too loud for conversation. Too too loud for comfort. And, it was 7:20, the early seating - - - not a disco/night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceJohnVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have visited twice and each time has been a delight! The fixed price lunch is a special treat!Special Features:
- sophisticatedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014The ambience, the staff, the food were all very sophisticated and upbeat. This restaurant feels like you're in San Francisco. Light, airy, comfortable with a great menu. Excellent place for a drink and small plates or a romantic dinner date.Special Features:
- Disappointed with the tableCaligurlDined on 10/9/2014Came for a friends birthday dinner- requested a good table on the reservation and also when we got there. The table we got was not at all what I was looking for. You bring someone here for the "scene"- so getting a table at the back of the bar where you can't see anything is not ideal. Also the Restetaunt was not even that busy!! There were plenty of tables in the dining room and other areas. I was so disappointed by this experience I WON'T be coming here for special occasions again. It's ok for a regular lunch or dinner but there are plenty of other restersunts in OC/ LA that make an effort when you request a good table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Newport's Best SpotsTravelerVIPDined on 10/8/2014As always, perfect service and a waiter who is extremely knowledgeable about the food and its preparation. Quiet on a Weds. night, but it's hopping on weekends. Succulent lamb chops, delicious desserts, crispy-skin fish. This is one of my favorite "special" restaurants in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatFoodie4lifeDined on 10/8/2014The restaurant is beautiful & has that "I want to eat there" ambience. We had the pre fixe menu the appetizers were really good. We had the zucchini carpaccio (loved this), the crab & heirloom tomato. The entrees we had we're the Seared Tuna & Filet both were just ok. The steak was crispy on the outside & rare on inside. The tuna didn't really taste like much. Dessert was ok the pot de cream was really good but the Berry tart was not good at all it has a paper thin crust that has no texture.Special Features:
- Poor Servicecjc0922VIPDined on 10/7/2014Made reservation at 11:00 with Friend for lunch. Did not get sitted until 11:20 since they were doing new fall food taste with the waiters and watresses. Why take 11:00 if you cannot sit people until 11:20. Once we got sitted we had to ask someone to take orders since the waiter and waitress was busy tasting the food and never bother to come and take the order. Poor service level.
- Ky girlBeachgirlDined on 10/6/2014Had a wonderful lunch at Fig and Olive. The food, service, and location were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.