FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach
151 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: (949) 877-3005
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Saturday: 11:00AM – 4:00PM
Mid Day Menu:
Sunday – Saturday: 4:00PM – 5:00PM
Sunday - Monday: 5:00PM – 9:30PM
Tuesday: 5:00PM – 10:00PM
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00PM – 11:00PM
Friday: 5:00PM – 12:00AM
Thursday - Saturday: 1:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: FIG & OLIVE is coming to you!
Our Customized Catering Menu features many of FIG & OLIVE’S favorite dishes along with many other new and exciting options.
Our Full Service Special Events Team handles every detail – from intimate dinners in your own home to extravagant galas.
Our experienced team of chefs and planners will bring exceptional cuisine and impeccable service every time.
Consider FIG & OLIVE Catering for your next event.
Please inquire for a customized quote: email@example.com
- Entertainment: Aperitivo Happy Hour: Everyday from 4PM to 6PM at the Bar & Lounge
- Special Events: FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is located along the Coast of Orange County in one of the premier shopping destinations, ”Fashion Island”. Guests will be transported into a 12,000 square foot French Riviera Oasis, accommodating up to 330 guests.
This location is surrounded by olive trees, gardens and offers a variety of seating options; both indoor and outdoor.
The welcoming open design offers guests to take full advantage of the California Riviera weather. The various dining spaces at FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach create a range of personalized experiences for its diners, from casual get-togethers to intimate private dinners.
For more information about Special Events at FIG & OLIVE MELROSE PLACE we invite you to check our website and for a customized quote please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach
FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is located along the Coast of Orange County in one of the premier shopping destinations,”Fashion Island”. Guests will be transported into a 12,000 square foot French Riviera Oasis, accommodating up to 330 guests. This location is surrounded by olive trees, gardens and offers a variety of seating options; both indoor and outdoor. The welcoming open design offers guests to take full advantage of the California Riviera weather. The various dining spaces at FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach create a range of personalized experiences for its diners, from casual get-togethers to intimate private dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
505 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (297)special occasion (270)hot spot (240)vibrant bar scene (224)great for outdoor dining (201)good for groups (171)great for lunch (168)romantic (149)great for brunch (103)notable wine list (100)neighborhood gem (85)late-night find (57)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (11)Show More
- Good lunch experienceFoodie24Dined on 11/24/2014I was looking forward to trying out the Fig and Olive for quite some time, and was glad we had the occasion of a birthday celebration. Four of us ladies dined there for lunch, and we were welcomed with a fresh and outdoorsy atmosphere. The high ceilings and bright, light atmosphere made us feel comfortable and the noise level was not high at all, even with the tile floors. We started with the sample of olive oils to sample with the rosemary bread--a nice touch. I had the Fig & Olive salad with grilled chicken. The different cheeses and figs made for an interesting and refreshing taste treat. One friend had the shrimp and salmon on a bed of arugula with thin slices of fennel. She liked the salad and said it was interesting blend of flavors. The other two guests had the chicken panini, one with salad, and the other with skinny fries (delicious!). We finished off sharing a warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream--big portion, plenty to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding with one glitchpattiDined on 11/23/2014The overall experience was excellent and we would return. However, we will not order the roast chicken. It was dry and severely lacked flavor. We sent the dish back with no issues from the staff. Best entree at our table was the filet mignon. We appreciated the high level of professionalism from the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30's Night SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I have been here for lunch which was nice & quiet with very good food; so thought I would meet some friends there for dinner. The food was excellent. Our party had the whole fish and chateaubriand for dinner as well as quinoa and olives for an appetizer. The gin martinis were generous. The crowd appeared to be late 20s to early 40s with quite a bar scene. While it is quiet during the day, at night it is pretty noisy so I wouldn't pick an evening at the restaurant for a business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, noisy, but hip! Good scene.kcrowDined on 11/22/2014Food was good, service was fantastic, ambiance was energetic not a place to go and catch up - noise level. Very hip scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food, Vibrant SceneSethVIPDined on 11/22/2014Everything on the menu is awesome...restaurant is a little bit of a "scene", but it lives up to the hype.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!OtodocVIPDined on 11/22/2014Some meals are great but some are memorable. Our dinner date here was the latter. The location and seating on the enclosed patio was very nice, but they also have casual couch seating so make your desires known. We started with the octopus & the fig gorgonzola tart, both were exceptional and servings easily appropriate for sharing. We also ordered the olives, and a 3 dip olive oil tasting came complimentary. The menu is extensive, with a full page of starters and another of entrees. It was tough to select anything but the whole Branzino, served with a choice of 2 sides (brussel sprouts & potatoes). The sommelier recommended the Krug Sauvignon Blanc which paired nicely with the entire meal. The chocolate soufflé dessert was the perfect finish. Service was excellent & the bill for 2 came to $228 with the wine. The fish wS grilled in olive oil & herbs, served at the table & was the finest I have ever eaten! This is a great date, special occasion location and well worth a trip back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodieVIPDined on 11/22/2014Place is nice. Food was good, too. Our waiter was attentive, too but just forgot to introduce himself to us. I wish Pre-fixe menu is changed from time to time to give variety. Hostesses need to be more friendly as guests go in & out of the restaurant so we feel appreciated patronizing your restaurant.Special Features:
- Very goodHkanakuboDined on 11/21/2014The atmosphere was good, they took our family to a quiet area in the corner and it was very comfortable. The server was very knowledgeable about the food and took all the orders by heart and served very accurately. The appetizers were all very good. And accompanying vegetables were excellent and went very well with what we asked for as a main dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PommiePDined on 11/21/2014Waiters need at least basic training before they serve wineSpecial Features:
- open, light and bright. one of Newport's best.civleeDined on 11/21/2014From start to finish, perfection. Easy to get in and out. Super valet, lots of staff to greet and quickly seat us, wait staff attentive and knowledgeable, food (my favorite is the filet mignon salad at lunch), was fresh, and tasty. Perfect for a special meal with friends or clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014the wine list is very good but terribly over prized. the crab cakes are not made with lump crab meat and with too much filler. i enjoyed the olive oils and most of the food and ambience but there are many restaurants of equal quality for a lot less money.
- An amazing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The service was excellent and the food was incredible. Go here if you want to be able to die happy. It was our first time here and the server helped with our order. Every recommendation was on point. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming serviceLM2LVDined on 11/15/2014The food was great and my friends and I had a wonderful time, but the service was not impressive. Our waiter messed up orders (or maybe the kitchen couldn't keep up), he could never remember our drink orders, AND, the special birthday cake that I ordered beforehand (the day before) never came. When we asked about it, the waiter said he was never given instructions about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful diningBeekeeVIPDined on 11/15/2014Beautiful atmosphere, varied menu options, very high priced yet average service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cj4foodDined on 11/15/2014Nice ambiance in the patio or in the bar. Fun for a ladies lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent time at brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014We had a great time at Saturday brunch as our first visit. The crowd was light in the early afternoon we were there. The food was excellent and the service first class. Our waiter JC was great with his suggestions and his sense of humor was a great addition. We will definilty return for other occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Written Review after A Few VisitsTinaTheFoodieDined on 11/15/2014Food was alright. About 3.5 stars out of 5 since I have dined at many similar restaurants like this before. It's a nice, fun place but expect some awkward moments when you see middle-aged white men staring at you for a good minute then their trophy wives/gold digger girlfriends roll their eyes at you as you come in with a group of good looking girlfriends. I've been here a few times for both lunch and dinner, and it's the same every time. Besides all of that awkwardness, it's a vibrant place to be. Robert, our server was friendly, helpful, knowledgable of the menus. He was spontaneous so making our dining experience enjoyable and went smoothly. Thanks for the apple tart accommodation as a little something you came up with for the the birthday girl (a good friend of mine). You made our get together a bit more special even with just a little something like a cherry on top! Would come back again, and also will spread the words to request for you, Rob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunch spotCMH926Dined on 11/15/2014Fig and Olive is absolutely beautiful- the restaurant is stunning and makes you feel like you really are in the Mediterranean. The service was top notch, our server Jason was very knowledgeable and had great recommendations. My friends and I went there for brunch and it was excellent. The food was light and savory, the sangria was unique and refreshing and it was an overall lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the pricemykicksDined on 11/13/2014my wife and i never have a problem paying a premium price for a premium meal, however we both felt that the fig & olive was way too expensive. the person that recommended the fig and olive to me said it was good but quite expensive. i figured he just wasn't accustomed to large dining tabs. boy, was i wrong. we will probably never go back to the fig & olive and will certainly warn our friends what to expect when the bill arrives.
- Great tastingWilliesParadiseDined on 11/11/2014My wife and I enjoyed our dining experience at Fig&Olive. The Chicken Tajine was especially the table favorite (we shared our meals). This dish is bursting with strong flavors and spices (not spicy hot but spicy flavor). The presentation is excellent and the side of couscous complemented the dish perfectly. We also had the Branzino (bass fish). As a comparison to the Chicken Tajine, the Branzino dish flavors were very mild, almost understated with the delicate fish flavors dominating this dish. Both great dishes with contrasting flavors!Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014We were celebrating a sister birthday at lunchtime. The three of us had never eaten here previously, so it was a new experience. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. There first was a small olive oil tasting with fresh, yummy bread. We opted for an assortment of crostinis to share, all of which were different and some great flavor combinations. It was a wonderful way to start out our meal, before enjoying our lunch entrees. Mine was fabulous salmon(cooked just to my liking) on a bed of asparagus. For dessert, they brought out a warm, molten chocolate cake with ice cream - we dived right it. The coffee was piping hot. Our server was helpful and attentive, without being intrusive. I give it a very enthusiastic two thumbs up and am looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New NB Restaurant for UsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2014Had a very lovely first-time dinner here. Food was exceptional and very friendly staff who the birthday a special event!Special Features:
- OPTIMAL EVENING!!!fussydinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Service and cuisine were spot-on: Very gracious and accommodating host, Hugo, and outstanding service and great recommendations by server Peter. Quinoa salad with salmon and ahi tuna entree were terrific, seasoning was ideal. This restaurant is consistently admirable; prices are right for dishes that include the best ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service! So disappointed!JarangoVIPDined on 11/8/2014Such a fun vibrant place, unfortunately the dinner service was so slow, everyone around us waited almost 1 hour between app and dinner. When our dinner finally came, they forgot our sides. I would go back but only for small plates at bar. Never again for dinner, unfortunately. I had the Chilean sea bass, which wasn't that great, it was cold and it was dry. My husband has the Dover sole, filleted table side, it was good but for $58.00 it should be. i hope they make changes and rectify the problem, because I would like to give them another try. I heard from many past diners that this is the usual for Fig and Olive, and a big deterrent for repeat customers. 😢Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014We were so excited to try his restaurant we had heard so many wonderful things about. The restaurant has beautiful decor, great music and a fun energy. However the service was lack luster at best. We waited over 30 minutes for a cocktail and 15 minutes before our server made his way to our table. Throughout the night we kept having to ask other servers for items it was an hour before we ordered our meal . When our food finally did come me it was ice cold. I was very disappointed in the food quality and the service. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceLoRoVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is such a great place, finally made it over here to try out their menu. Love the different choices, the patio seating near fireplace was a real treat! Definitely first of many more visits in the future.Special Features:
- Classy but over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014This is a very classy, modern restaurant. The outdoor area is lovely. Great bar. The food is good, but overpriced and when the minimum price for a glass of wine is $12-14 dollars- well, there are tons of other restaurants that are also very nice with great food and ambiance that won't break the bank. I thought our waiter was a bit condescending and snobbish. Guess he didn't realize that a group of 60 year old women are the ones with the $$$.Special Features:
- Surpassed last visiteatmorefoodiefoodDined on 11/2/2014Went with friends. Was pleasantly surprised. The food exceeded last visit/ our expectations. The service was not bad. And the ambience was stellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not as good, service awful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Had dinner last Saturday evening with a party of 4 at Fig and Olive. Dinner was fine, nothing outstanding. The service was horrible. We practically had to beg our waiter for everything. When we finally spoke to a manager she did absolutely nothing except say that now he would try to be more attentive. Not what I would expect for a restaurant of this price level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still impressed!DiningduoVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was our second visit to Fig & Olive and we continue to be impressed. Beef carpaccio is amazing! Lamb chops delicious. Wasn't impressed with the chicken pumpkin ravioli but that's the only thing we haven't enjoyed. Love the flavor combinations of the unique starters and small plates. Very good meal. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YelloweenHoneybunnyDined on 10/31/2014I think the concept was wonderful…my only critique is that maybe they should have added a dance area and it definitely would have been busier and more lively.Special Features:
- John the waiterElevinVIPDined on 10/31/2014There for business lunch on Friday. John recognized the situation and allowed us the space and time for our business discussion. Excellent recommendations, pacing, and service. John was great.Special Features:
- Crostini luv...SynergyVIPDined on 10/30/2014The restaurant has a high energy (read very noisy) vibe, but if you want to enjoy talking to your guests, the patio is perfect. Nice to have that choice. I have dined there half a dozen times and it has never failed to impress me or my friends. Ask the waiter to pick 6 crostini for a shared appetizer, you'll love them...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2014Nothing bad - but the food was just ok. I was expecting more given the hype and the priceSpecial Features:
- Wish for better food consistency.MaiziesMomDined on 10/29/2014This was the third time for lunch. The first, service, food and ambiance were fantastic. The last two lunches were less than impressive. Olive oil tasting never appeared on the second lunch. Caesar salad was 1/2 the size from the first to the third lunch. A bit of an attitude on the wait staff.....
- Newport Hotspot not fit for foodiesdoubledocDined on 10/26/2014Food didn't exactly meet expectations for a 4-5 star restaurant, more so since we were celebrating a special event. Although a request was placed in our reservation regarding our special event, no mention was made by hostess or server to acknowledge it or set aside special seating. Food is somewhat overpriced and portions small, but ambiance is good. Was slightly disappointed since I had high expectations. The desert was especially disappointing, since we ordered a chocolate souffle that had no volume or airiness and was as compact and flat as a chocolate pound cake, and pretty tasteless. However the truffle appetizer was truly amazing, probably the only highlight of the dinner.Special Features:
- GreatKathyVIPDined on 10/26/2014The food, service, and ambiance were all great. It was our first time, and we will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Poor Service, Not Worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Our anticipation to eat at Fig & Olive with friends from out of town was dashed by the poor service we experienced. Highlights of the poor service included: two of our party of four were served salads/starters before the other two were even asked for their choices, no napkin until requested, one glass of white wine was mistakenly brought to us before we had ordered our bottle of red. We hoped the food would make up for the poor service, but it was just ok. Nothing amazing. Plus, the noise was so loud (live deejay on weekend nights renders table conversation moot) we had to shout to hear each other. Obviously a current hot spot in Newport Beach, the noise level and lack of service seem to cater to a young crowd while the prices seem to cater to an older crowd. We will not go back.Special Features:
- CkoliciousDined on 10/25/2014Sooooo very disappointed. Food was adequate at best. SERVICE wasn't much better. Had to wait almost an hour even after I called and let them know we were running a few minutes late. I was told that that would be ok. Not so much. After we arrived, we waited 52 minutes-frustrating to say the least, especially since we were celebrating a birthday. Things didn't get much better than that...the lobster in the lobster salad was opaque, sent back and it seemed to be missing the lobster? So we paid 26$ for arugula?! Awesome! You live and you learn. Won't be paying them a visit for food anytime soon. Drinks with friends? Different story;). Cheers, and thank you!Special Features:
- Birthday for 98 year old MotherRayDDined on 10/25/2014The 3 of us had reservations for 5:45 we were seated right away in the patio, unfortunately, my Mom thought it was drafty and requested indoor seating which we got right away. The service is very attentive, the food is very good and the server had good wine & food recommendations. We did notice that by the time we left, 7:30 the noise level had picked up to the point it was almost deafening! So if you want quiet go early, if you like a noisy bar scene go late. You must have reservations for the weekend, but I saw people in the lounge areas, there is one outside and one inside and you can order food, not sure if the menu is limited there or not, go early if you want a seat in the lounge area otherwise its standing room only.Special Features: