Fig & Olive - Newport Beach
151 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Fig & Olive - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: 9498773005x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Saturday: 11:00AM – 4:00PM
Mid Day Menu:
Sunday – Saturday: 4:00PM – 5:00PM
Sunday - Monday: 5:00PM – 9:30PM
Tuesday: 5:00PM – 10:00PM
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00PM – 11:00PM
Friday: 5:00PM – 12:00AM
Thursday - Saturday: 1:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: FIG & OLIVE is coming to you!
Our Customized Catering Menu features many of FIG & OLIVE’S favorite dishes along with many other new and exciting options.
Our Full Service Special Events Team handles every detail – from intimate dinners in your own home to extravagant galas.
Our experienced team of chefs and planners will bring exceptional cuisine and impeccable service every time.
Consider FIG & OLIVE Catering for your next event.
Please inquire for a customized quote: email@example.com
- Entertainment: Aperitivo Happy Hour: Everyday from 4PM to 6PM at the Bar & Lounge
- Special Events: FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is located along the Coast of Orange County in one of the premier shopping destinations, ”Fashion Island”. Guests will be transported into a 12,000 square foot French Riviera Oasis, accommodating up to 330 guests.
This location is surrounded by olive trees, gardens and offers a variety of seating options; both indoor and outdoor.
The welcoming open design offers guests to take full advantage of the California Riviera weather. The various dining spaces at FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach create a range of personalized experiences for its diners, from casual get-togethers to intimate private dinners.
For more information about Special Events at FIG & OLIVE MELROSE PLACE we invite you to check our website and for a customized quote please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Fig & Olive - Newport Beach
FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is located along the Coast of Orange County in one of the premier shopping destinations,”Fashion Island”. Guests will be transported into a 12,000 square foot French Riviera Oasis, accommodating up to 330 guests. This location is surrounded by olive trees, gardens and offers a variety of seating options; both indoor and outdoor. The welcoming open design offers guests to take full advantage of the California Riviera weather. The various dining spaces at FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach create a range of personalized experiences for its diners, from casual get-togethers to intimate private dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Fig & Olive - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Fig & Olive - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
584 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (317)special occasion (311)vibrant bar scene (266)hot spot (254)great for outdoor dining (236)great for lunch (208)good for groups (189)romantic (180)great for brunch (122)notable wine list (116)neighborhood gem (98)late-night find (80)kid-friendly (20)scenic view (19)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Highly recommend the Summer in Provence cocktailSpecial Features:
- Long wait & slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a reservation for 4 at 8:15 on Saturday night, we did not get seated until 9, and we didn't get our food until 10:15! The wait was too long, I understand a couple minutes but there were walk ins that were being seated and receiving out food before us. Music was too loud. Food was very good, bar scene was very good. The server was very friendly and knowledgeable. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding againFancyCatVIPDined on 10/18/2014From the crostini to the vegetable sides to the chateaubriand, the food was outstanding. The sea bass in papillote was delicious. The only disappointment was the branzino; it was bland and needed some kind of taste boost. Can'at see enough about the Fig & Olive salad. Large enough for 4 and a wonderful blend of flavors. The only reason we don't go here more often is the noise; it is just too noisy to enjoy conversation.Special Features:
- WoodyDined on 10/18/2014The music was so loud I could not hear the waitress or my wife talk. It might be lively but I will not return for dinner. The food was very good.Special Features:
- More Hot Spot Than Prem.RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Advance reservations still netted my party a table nearest the kitchen door in the outdoor covered patio, and next to a service bar that became a congregating area for stand-up partyers hovering noisily around our table ruining the already minimal dining ambience. Food was just OK.Special Features:
- Fabulous!MichelleloveDined on 10/17/2014Highly recommend. Great ambiance, good quality food, class clientle and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCertifiedGoGetterVIPDined on 10/15/2014Once again, Fig & Olive never ceases to amaze me. I had the most wonderful time on Wednesday night. Thank you Kassandra for the impecible service. Rest assure, I will return soon. --SarahSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 10/13/2014I stopped coming here after the last few disappointments but thought I would give it another chance. The riviera shrimp and salmon was very very salty. Told the waitress. It came back with almost no dressing. The salad was poorly prepared hence there was a lack of taste.
- Great scene but average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Loved the scene and ambiance at this restaurant. I had heard so much about it & was very excited to go. The food honestly was not that great.....especially given that you are paying "full price". We shared several starters.....none of which I would order again and my entree was "okay". The desserts were actually terrible (and we shared 3). I would definitely go back is you're not hungry and want a good bar scene....or maybe it was just an off night in the kitchen as it was a Sunday.Special Features:
- BlandanabananaDined on 10/12/2014I was disappointed with my entree. My pasta dish was bland. I kept looking around for the salt shaker, but it was nowhere to be found. I was too embarrassed to ask for it because the ambience is so upscale. Our sangria was delicious. Crustini appetizer was amazing! And then the bill came, wow, it was steep and having had a disappointing dinner made my experience painful. Doubtful my girlfriends and I will be back unless we share drinks and apps.Special Features:
- Julie PorterPorter8515Dined on 10/12/2014Four of us enjoyed the Sunday brunch. Service was excellent. However, after we left and were headed out of the area we thought we were overcharged.The menu said the brunch was $28 per person (or about $120). We had two additional Mimosas besides the ones included on the menu and two cups of coffee. We split the bill 3 ways and each share was $73 (plus tip) which would be about $ 220. Still can't quite see how it added up. We should have gone back and asked for an explanation.Special Features:
- SoleilVIPDined on 10/12/2014I went for brunch on a Sunday with a friend and everything was superb, from the ambiance and the service to the food and drinks. Cannot wait to return next weekend!Special Features:
- Best new OC RestaurantTigerVIPDined on 10/11/2014highly recommend Truffle mushroom croquettes and Fig Gorgonzola tarlett. We ate there in NY and loved it. When we found out they were opening in OC we had to go back. The food and service was perfect. The bar is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyPamelatjVIPDined on 10/11/2014and delicious. Lunch was exceptional, Attentive and caring servers.Special Features:
- Outstanding venueBlondieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful place for all meals!!! Great food great ambiance perfect!!!!Special Features:
- PatsyOutToDineDined on 10/10/2014Great atmosphere, delicious food, wonderful menu selections, fantastic wine list, excellent waiter and service. What a great dining experience - it was really special!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service OutstandingPCHgalDined on 10/10/2014I went with a friend and, when I say the food and service could not have been better, I truly mean it! Jason our waiter, was as good a waiter as I have every had. His suggestions and menu/selection knowledge added so much to our wonderful dining experience. I chose the tasting menu and my dining partner ordered the butter leaf salad and penne. It was better than delicious. I have dined here several times but will always look forward to coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Noise.KitchenDined on 10/10/2014Our waiter was professional, polite, and knowledgeable. The food was fresh. The music volume, at 7:20 pm was unbearable. Our ears were ringing for the next several hours. We asked a manager about the volume of the music; he told us that they wanted the restaurant to have energy. Okay, but we were having a nice dinner - not looking to hook up in the bar. Too too loud for conversation. Too too loud for comfort. And, it was 7:20, the early seating - - - not a disco/night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceJohnVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have visited twice and each time has been a delight! The fixed price lunch is a special treat!Special Features:
- sophisticatedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014The ambience, the staff, the food were all very sophisticated and upbeat. This restaurant feels like you're in San Francisco. Light, airy, comfortable with a great menu. Excellent place for a drink and small plates or a romantic dinner date.Special Features:
- Disappointed with the tableCaligurlDined on 10/9/2014Came for a friends birthday dinner- requested a good table on the reservation and also when we got there. The table we got was not at all what I was looking for. You bring someone here for the "scene"- so getting a table at the back of the bar where you can't see anything is not ideal. Also the Restetaunt was not even that busy!! There were plenty of tables in the dining room and other areas. I was so disappointed by this experience I WON'T be coming here for special occasions again. It's ok for a regular lunch or dinner but there are plenty of other restersunts in OC/ LA that make an effort when you request a good table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Newport's Best SpotsTravelerVIPDined on 10/8/2014As always, perfect service and a waiter who is extremely knowledgeable about the food and its preparation. Quiet on a Weds. night, but it's hopping on weekends. Succulent lamb chops, delicious desserts, crispy-skin fish. This is one of my favorite "special" restaurants in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatFoodie4lifeDined on 10/8/2014The restaurant is beautiful & has that "I want to eat there" ambience. We had the pre fixe menu the appetizers were really good. We had the zucchini carpaccio (loved this), the crab & heirloom tomato. The entrees we had we're the Seared Tuna & Filet both were just ok. The steak was crispy on the outside & rare on inside. The tuna didn't really taste like much. Dessert was ok the pot de cream was really good but the Berry tart was not good at all it has a paper thin crust that has no texture.Special Features:
- Poor Servicecjc0922VIPDined on 10/7/2014Made reservation at 11:00 with Friend for lunch. Did not get sitted until 11:20 since they were doing new fall food taste with the waiters and watresses. Why take 11:00 if you cannot sit people until 11:20. Once we got sitted we had to ask someone to take orders since the waiter and waitress was busy tasting the food and never bother to come and take the order. Poor service level.
- Ky girlBeachgirlDined on 10/6/2014Had a wonderful lunch at Fig and Olive. The food, service, and location were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food,diverse menusocalgirlVIPDined on 10/5/2014Dinner was excellent and unlike some places there was enough variety we would be able to return and not have to order the same thing. We had two different crudités - both delicious, two of had the branzino - excellent, one had the moroccan chicken tajine -- enjoyed and my husband had veal milanese that he loved, The addition of figs to many dishes and unique olive oils was very tasty. Also, they cook with NO BUTTER which also important. We would definitely go back. If the swingles scene is not your bag, go on Sunday night. IT's supposed to be packed on Friday and Saturday nights. It was not too noisy and we were able to have a lively conversation without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a new favoritejonesDined on 10/5/2014Maybe added to our favorite restaurant rotation. Thrilled to have a new place to go..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service, and not just us!AuntieJoyDined on 10/4/2014It must have been a sign that a well-dressed, quiet older couple was already complaining when we got there. We were led to our table by a hostess, only to return to the lobby because it wasn't clean. The waitress was so busy doing service recovery on the next table, she said that the kitchen was busy and that it would be to our benefit to put our entire order in early. Great. We ordered a series of light and heavy appetizers and a fabulously overpriced bottle of wine. Before our wine arrives, the salad and hot appetizer come out, followed shortly thereafter by the remaining three plates. The waitress shows up with the bottle of wine, and seems very unsure about opening it, stating "Wow! It's like a buffet!" but worse. Food is cold. Subpar.Special Features:
- Slow and innattentiveFoodjunkiesVIPDined on 10/4/2014We ordered and were promptly served our appetizers which were good. We then waited an hour for our main courses to arrive. We noticed a couple seated near us also waited over an hour. There were several managers wandering around doing nothing although after 40 minutes or so our waiter did say our food should be right out and he didn't know what was wrong with the kitchen tonight. When served, my meal was warm, like it had been sitting waiting far to long. However it tasted good and we ordered coffee and desert. The pastry we ordered had the consistency of leather and we ate less than half of the small dessert we were sharing. To top it off our coffee was not hot. Too many good restaurants in the area to give this one a second try.
- DisappointedspankyDined on 10/3/2014It was very noisy. You couldn't carry on a conversation without yelling. Seated a 1/2 hour after our reservation. The waiter gave us dirty plates and took away a clean knife and left me with a dirty one. It is too bad as the food was good , not exceptional but good.Special Features:
- Great energy! Great food!LexibearVIPDined on 10/3/2014It's like a quick trip to Europe! Great food and flavors. Enjoyable atmosphere and service. I've been several times with other couples and it a nice place toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FigtasticFoodismyfriendDined on 10/3/2014Nice night out. Food was great, even as leftovers.Special Features:
- Great Place!finefoodieDined on 10/3/2014Beautiful restaurant with beautiful food. Great menu with a lot of delicious options. Crotinis are a must especially the fig, manchego cheese and marcona almond one. SO good. They do not cook with butter only different olive oils which makes everything taste fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- Date experience at Fig & OliveEatGreatDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I recently got a sitter to watch the kids and we made a trip to Newport Beach for a little "day date", after her doctors appointment. The receptionist recommended we eat at Fig&Olive after we asked where the best place in Newport is to grab lunch. We took her advice and made a quick reservation for that afternoon. the cocktails were authentic(julep), waiter was knowledgable and friendly(Bobby). Overall ambiance was pretty exceptional(Patio). We appreciated the hospitality and thank the leadership of this restaurant for creating an environment where even a couple(not from Newport) driving through town could feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Evening dinnerTony21VIPDined on 10/2/2014Had reservation for 7:15, was finally seated at 7:50. What made the wait worse was that the bar was packed and there was no place to sit down...had to stand the entire time. Once seated, all went well. Will probably hesitate to return given the experience.Special Features:
- great ambiance. good music.mpribDined on 10/1/2014great ambiance. good music. food only mediocre-- enjoyed appetizers more than entrees. entree edible but would not eat again. pricey-- if food tasted better, wouldn't mind the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedMychoiceDined on 9/30/2014This is the fifth time I have been here. The service was not not good. Waiter not attentive,table attentant pored water on table, reached across you, tried to clear plates before all guests were done,etc. Food was exceptional and Resturant ambiance in best of class category. But poor service does not trump good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and delightfulsqrlytchrDined on 9/29/2014The food was fantastic. We enjoyed our experience from beginning to end. The cheese plate was delicious and adding the olive selection made it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbBdayDined on 9/28/2014Come here when you really want to treat yourself. I was drawn in when a visit to the LA location was the prize for a Hell's Kitchen contestant victor. It's everything you would expect after seeing that. service is speed of light. I've never had the skin on the salmon so nicely crisped atop a dash of cauliflower purée. the wine list is impressive. the Grenache blend is very nice. The complimentary olive oil tasting was a lovely surprise but the best part and biggest surprise was the complimentary and phenomenal chocolate caramel dessert which almost every table received as we were all celebrating a special occasion. be sure you are doing the same when you come :-)Special Features:
- WonderfulJudyVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were visiting from out of state. The restaurant was beautiful, the food was fantastic and the service was terrific. We were celebrating our anniversary and the acknowledged that as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.