Fig & Olive - Newport Beach
151 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Fig & Olive - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: 9498773005x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Saturday: 11:00AM – 4:00PM
Mid Day Menu:
Sunday – Saturday: 4:00PM – 5:00PM
Sunday - Monday: 5:00PM – 9:30PM
Tuesday: 5:00PM – 10:00PM
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00PM – 11:00PM
Friday: 5:00PM – 12:00AM
Thursday - Saturday: 1:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: FIG & OLIVE is coming to you!
Our Customized Catering Menu features many of FIG & OLIVE’S favorite dishes along with many other new and exciting options.
Our Full Service Special Events Team handles every detail – from intimate dinners in your own home to extravagant galas.
Our experienced team of chefs and planners will bring exceptional cuisine and impeccable service every time.
Consider FIG & OLIVE Catering for your next event.
Please inquire for a customized quote: email@example.com
- Entertainment: Aperitivo Happy Hour: Everyday from 4PM to 6PM at the Bar & Lounge
- Special Events: FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is located along the Coast of Orange County in one of the premier shopping destinations, ”Fashion Island”. Guests will be transported into a 12,000 square foot French Riviera Oasis, accommodating up to 330 guests.
This location is surrounded by olive trees, gardens and offers a variety of seating options; both indoor and outdoor.
The welcoming open design offers guests to take full advantage of the California Riviera weather. The various dining spaces at FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach create a range of personalized experiences for its diners, from casual get-togethers to intimate private dinners.
For more information about Special Events at FIG & OLIVE MELROSE PLACE we invite you to check our website and for a customized quote please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Fig & Olive - Newport Beach
FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is located along the Coast of Orange County in one of the premier shopping destinations,”Fashion Island”. Guests will be transported into a 12,000 square foot French Riviera Oasis, accommodating up to 330 guests. This location is surrounded by olive trees, gardens and offers a variety of seating options; both indoor and outdoor. The welcoming open design offers guests to take full advantage of the California Riviera weather. The various dining spaces at FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach create a range of personalized experiences for its diners, from casual get-togethers to intimate private dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fig & Olive - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Fig & Olive - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
615 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (346)fit for foodies (331)vibrant bar scene (294)hot spot (267)great for outdoor dining (260)great for lunch (215)good for groups (203)romantic (193)great for brunch (139)notable wine list (121)neighborhood gem (101)late-night find (91)scenic view (21)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2014We went for our anniversary tonight. We had a very great experience. Our server was Trey, he was really nice and gave us some recommendations. He also came and checked on us throughout the meal. A manager (I think ) was great too, she came and checked on us 3 times and then took my daughters to the kitchen to meet the chef, they were so excited. Great service here and everyone was great with my daughters who of course were well-mannered. All the food we ordered were great. Appetizer: Zucchini Carpaccio and 3 Crostini Cocktail: Summer i Provence Entree: Rosemary Lamb Chop and Mediterranean Branzino Dessert: Chocolate Souffle and Dessert Crostini Kids Meal: Chicken fingers and skinny friesSpecial Features:
- DisappointedJonesVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had geen there before for lunch and loved it. Suggested it to some friends so we met there. Not a chance of having a conversation as it was so noisy. We were screaming at each other across a table. Food was not great. Was disappointed in the quality. The best things was the crostini appetizer. Will not be returning any time soon.Special Features:
- Worth it!lbbonnieDined on 9/20/2014I was eager to try Fig and Olive. The place was a surprise...light and airy..very spacious, not what I expected at all. The food and service were also a pleasant surprise. I had heard it was noisy, but maybe because we ate early, it was not a problem. Our waitress was attentive and my beet and carrot appetizer was both unusual and wonderful. I would go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Not the primary server, but the young man that brought the food to the table seemed a bit inexperienced for a pricey restaurant. He just randomly placed food in front of wrong person, which I felt was in poor taste. The server also took my diet soda away and did not ask if I wanted refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip, Trendy & LOUDJGJLAWVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time at Fig & Olive, so my thoughts are quite limited. The restaurant is large and divided into several rooms, plus a good-sized outdoor dining patio. It is very energetic (noisy). The wait staff, which too is large, is attentive and knowledgable. My wife had the lobster risotto (the waiter's suggestion), and I had the seafood paella. Both were excellent. The artichoke appetizer was actually a large pile of marinated artichoke hearts, and was quite tasty. I would have liked to see a larger selection of mid-priced California wine selections (whites and reds), but most were European and expensive. Overall, I enjoyed Fig & Olive and recommend it.Special Features:
- tedgDined on 9/19/2014Excellent! We sat for hours and never felt rushed! The service was outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Both the service and food were excellent. It seems that the staff is really interested in the customers experience, making sure it is a good one.Special Features:
- Nice but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Great ambiance, but wow, the restaurant is loud during lunch. I actually expected it to be quiet during 1, but next time I'll schedule an appSpecial Features:
- Good for lunchMaureenDined on 9/17/2014I was there for lunch with a friend. Lunch choices are very good. However, it's expensive. I had a salad with wild salmon on it (wild salmon adds to cost of course), cafe gourmand and my portion was $50. I think that's high for a fairly simple lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantDinerDined on 9/15/2014Ok, visiting from Atlanta, and going to a restaurant by a mall, there are some questions on how good it will be. Fig and Olive exceeded all expectations. The ambiance is outstanding and so was the food. Great service. Pricey, but that was to be expected. And I guess if it is really, really good, you don't mind quite as much. Summary, one of our favorite restaurants we have eaten at. Go for a special occasion, and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice place to meet peopleJustlove2eatDined on 9/14/2014We were there with our families who came from Asia and Canada. Nice place to get together, the high ceiling dining hall was especially nice and cool. Food presentation was good, food quality was above average. Service was fair, guess it was off busy hours, some servers may be off duty? we were there at the 2.30 pm ish. The food came very slowly. We became a bit impatient at the end. One and half hour plus lunch is a bit too long for us. Wish to see some improvement when we go again in future.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!!Foodie123VIPDined on 9/14/2014I used to live in LA and went to their Melrose location on various times. I now moved to the OC and decided to hit up the Newport Beach location for the first time last Sunday. What a place!!! It is larger than Melrose, and I feel that the service, food, and ambiance is so much better. So, if you are in the Newport Beach/Fashion Island area, try this location. You will thank me for it later....Special Features:
- Bad food!OCREVIEW2Dined on 9/13/2014We had the steak tartar, Lamb and steak......I will not go there for dinner again. Steak tartar had no taste, I had to ask for seasoning to make it taste right. Lamb smelled really bad and the steak dinner was really dry. They really need a chef here that knows food. I will recommend fig & Olive for Brunch only.
- Less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is not conducive to what I consider fine dining. If you are into a high noise level, overpriced bar drinks and wine, less then good service Fig & Olive is the in place to go. I ordered two drinks from the bar while waiting for our table. After being seated at a table for two that was really only big enough for one, I had to remind our server that we had not received our drinks yet. Finally showed up. Sever was anxious to get our order while we had only just received our drinks. Relaxing is not your policy. Ordered food started coming and it was difficult to find room enough for all of the plates on the postage size table. To put it bluntly it was my second and last visit to Fig & Olive.
- Out of ControlNtoFoodDined on 9/13/2014F&O is a happening cool place that seems more focused on being a scene for the who want to see and be seen. Our reservation was at 7:45, we were seated at 8:45. The hostess staff was overwhelmed and not gracious in any way. We were paged for our table, then told it wasn't ready. Waited 15 more minutes standing by the hostess. Asked her again, and she said she "lost us". We were standing right in front of her! Waiter was very good, lamb and filet were good but overly salty. The paella was just bad. Beautiful place, lots of energy and noise. Maybe avoid Saturday night unless you are just coming for the night club.Special Features:
- PickyDined on 9/13/2014Very loud, expensive and just so-so food. The show, however, was fantastic as was the parade of autos upon entry.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationHotMamaJiaDined on 9/12/2014I had planned a birthday celebration for a friend. We had 10 people in our group and had a reservation for 3 weeks. Though we had to wait to be seated, the management team was very sorry and gave us complimentary appetizers and dessert. The service was superior. We never had a glass half empty, our napkins were folded if we left the table and we constantly were being checked on. This is a great place for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes you waitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014We had a 7:45pm reservation and were not seated until 8:10pm. When we were escorted to our table we passed a lot of tables for four unoccupied. Felt like they were just trying to keep us in the bar to collect revenue. When I have a reservation I expect to be seated not kept waiting 25 minutes with empty tables in the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had to wait although we had reservations. After we were seated the service was great.Special Features:
- krunn26Dined on 9/12/2014We were exceedingly happy with the service. The food was great, but pricey. Our table was fine until it became crowded. The wine list could have had a few less expensive wines including more California wines. Not all people know wines. The presentation was exceptional. We will go again, but only with very special people. The décor and set up was perfectly beautiful. It is typical Newport Beach chic. Our company was impressed. We will take out a loan next time. Ha haSpecial Features:
- TopsinRenoVIPDined on 9/12/2014Cowin and his staff were superb and offered very helpful input regarding pairings. Excellent and innovative food choices. Beautiful decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT good for KidsPoorDined on 9/10/2014The restaurant is very pretty but for me it stopped there. I brought a child and even though they have highchairs that is where it stopped at being kid friendly. We were not brought any food for over 30 minutes -offered drinks and we were brought those but the olive oil sampler came even 30+ after we had our drinks. Once we ordered my daughter scarfed the food (she was upset and even though I had snacks, I wanted her to eat protein) The waiter must've been to busy as he ignored us for a long time upon entering upon trying to order -not even a glance in our direction. The bussers were more attentive. For the price and what you actually get I would not go backSpecial Features:
- Fabulous !BongoVIPDined on 9/10/2014This was our second visit to Fig and Olive, met our close friends there and we all enjoyed our dining selections. We tried the strawberry red pepper cocktail, it was yummy! The olive oil tasting is a fun start. No room for dessert, maybe next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014The ambiance was very nice. I had the burger, which was average. I really think they should increase the quality of the meat.
- Best restaurant since Mastro's!scarlett67VIPDined on 9/9/2014A friend of mine/former client was in town from San Francisco. He's a Pescatarian so I needed a place that wasn't heavy on the meat. I love olive oils and this has to be one of my best restaurant picks if I say say so myself! What a beautiful restaurant! I had gotten there early so I was waiting in the lounge area. We ended up just having dinner there rather than moving over to our table. Service was great, food was just FANTASTIC! Highly recommend the raspberry Sangria! Best restaurant I've been to since Mastro's and that was 4 years ago. I'll need to leave a review on Yelp as well so that I can upload photos of the food!Special Features:
- Luv F&OluvritzDined on 9/9/2014I love Fig & Olive. What a great find. Everything about this restaurant screams "Tuscany". The food is outstanding as is the service. Servers are very knowledgeable on menu items as well as wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix-Fixe Lunch Special OccasionOceanviewDiningDined on 9/8/2014A friend and I visited Fig and Olive as a celebration of her birthday. We arrived at 11:30am with the intent of having a leisurely lunch and still make it back in time to pick up the kids from school. We were given a lovely table on the patio. We spent an hour and a half just enjoying some nice conversation, never feeling rushed. The Prix-Fixe Lunch Menu offered some wonderful choices. The service was very attentive and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed the food. I genuinely appreciate the staff helping me to spoil my good friend.Special Features:
- EnjoyableGlamgirl43Dined on 9/7/2014My family and I had a great time at F&O. The ambiance and the food are outstanding. The service can be better as it took a while for the waitress to initially take our order. Once our order was in, she was very attentive and friendly. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant. I've been there twice during the day, my next visit will be in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not that greatStefanieDined on 9/7/2014We went for the first time after the crowds stopped after the opening and there were mixed reviews from friends. We had the Crab Benedict both my husband and myself. The crab was dry hardly any sauce and the dish did not resemble much of Eggs Benedict which I have had all over Newport Beach. Trying to male a great dish look fancy and the result was terrible. Would not eat there again . May be a salad would be safe as it was a lovely place.Special Features:
- Ladies who lunchmini4deeDined on 9/7/2014Our birthday club enjoyed a wonderful meal. Salmon seafood salad portions were generous, pasta with fresh mushrooms delicious, the octopus appetizer was light, fresh and well seasoned, the cocktails Rossini and cucumber martini were well mixed and quite delicious. Because of the birthdays, we were treated to an apple tart, fresh berries in puff pastry, and a chocolate lava souffle, all We sat in the outdoor enclosed patio, it was a warm humid day, but still comfortable. Service outstanding. This makes for a good special occasion gathering. Definitely would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentrickaphonicDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service followed up with an excellent food experince.Special Features:
- great experienceStanDined on 9/6/2014took my mom for her bday and she really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Special occasion...1012CADined on 9/3/2014Our family chose this restaurant based on the experience of two individuals in the family who had enjoyed a wonderful dinner two weeks ago. We were beyond delighted with the warm welcome, soothing decor and excellent service from Tiffany. It was a birthday celebration we will treasure because of the outstanding food, ambiance and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArnieDined on 9/2/2014Our second time there.. Outside patio is great. Excellent service and plenty of food choices and drinks. We will be back.Special Features:
- Food is fabulousYumYumDined on 9/1/2014The food was absolutely delicious, cooked to perfection. I had the lobster risotto and my boyfriend had the filet minon. It was worth every cent. We also has the salmon sashimi which was fresh. The crosintinis were also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring ear plugsdanapointartDined on 8/31/2014Energy is one thing, but screeching babies are quite another. In the two times we dined there (7pm reservations) there were screeching babies with oblivious parents. While the staff continually apologized to us, they did nothing about asking the offending diners to leave. We will not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDreBabeDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed Fig & Olive. This was our first visit, as we don't live near a Fig & Olive. The food was great. The server took the time to tell us how things were prepared and what he recommended. The lamb chops were excellent. We started with Crostinis, which were all wonderful. We finished off with the apple tart, a great end to the meal. This really was a great restaurant. It was quite busy, and our server didn't seem to have a lot of time for us, and we had some delays ordering and paying. But other than that it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- main course to early.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Always serve the sale or soup first. Then clear table. Then main course. Never soup/sale and main course. Spearate the two courses don't stack. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful decor, noisyh82cookDined on 8/30/2014Our group ordered some of the specialty drinks and they were all delicious. We began our meal with the crostini and the artichoke. Artichoke was good, the crostini was excellent, especially the mushroom crostini and the manchego and fig. Our group ordered the whole Branzino (delicious), the Chilean sea bass (excellent), the chicken (moist and flavorful), and the lamb chops (the people who got them said they were the best they'd had). Shared the mixed berry tart for dessert, it was delicious and light. Our only complaint was the noise made it difficult to have a conversation and we were seated in the quieter wine room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!eatmorefoodiefoodDined on 8/30/2014Great atmosphere... Our experience was fantastic! Enjoyed the ambiance and service immensely. Our waiter was completely on it, without being overbearing. He was friendly, yet quite informed. I enjoyed everything about this restaurant, including really comfy seating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.