Fig & Olive - Melrose Place
8490 Melrose Place
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Fig & Olive - Melrose Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: 3103609100x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday –Friday 12pm – 3pm
Saturday 12pm – 3pm
Sunday 11am – 3pm
Monday 6pm to 10pm
Tuesday to Thursday 6pm-10:30pm
Friday to Saturday 5:30pm- 11pm
Bar & Lounge:
Sunday to Thursday 5:30pm-11pm
Friday- Saturday 5:30pm- 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: FIG & OLIVE is coming to you!
Our Customized Catering Menu features many of FIG & OLIVE’S favorite dishes along with many other new and exciting options.
Our Full Service Special Events Team handles every detail – from intimate dinners in your own home to extravagant galas.
Our experienced team of chefs and planners will bring exceptional cuisine and impeccable service every time.
Consider FIG & OLIVE Catering for your next event.
Please inquire for a customized quote: email@example.com
- Entertainment: Entertainment Live Dj - Wednesday - Friday- Saturday.
- Special Events: This spacious 8,000 square foot venue located in the heart of West Hollywood has become a favorite for media conferences, post-award ceremonies, political and corporate functions, hotel launches, bar and bat mitzvahs, weddings, fund raisers, birthdays and anniversaries.
FIG & OLIVE West Hollywood centers around its delicious authentic Mediterranean cuisine from the South of France, Spain and Italy.
This space enables you to host a variety of events including fully booking private events for up 200 to 800 guests.
For more information about Special Events at FIG & OLIVE MELROSE PLACE we invite you to check our website and for a customized quote please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Fig & Olive - Melrose Place
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the ambiance, coastal cuisine and flavors from the Riviera and Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy, and Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fig & Olive - Melrose Place - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Fig & Olive - Melrose Place reviews from OpenTable diners
536 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (347)special occasion (331)hot spot (234)romantic (227)good for groups (184)neighborhood gem (164)great for lunch (136)notable wine list (121)vibrant bar scene (108)great for brunch (87)great for outdoor dining (45)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (11)Show More
- always epicMrNomNom1Dined on 10/27/2014you know, if you haven't been go, then you'll know.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!NickVIPDined on 10/27/2014The food was outstanding and delicious all the way. When we served the incorrect food item, our waiter was excellent and responded immediately and corrected it. The cocktails were also well made. Definitely a treat for us!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulDavidVIPDined on 10/27/2014I am in my sixties and I have never had a worse experience in a restaurant in MY ENTIRE LIFE. In fact, after speaking to the manager, he said he would bring me his card and he never returned to the table. I was treated rudely and one of the servers refused to serve my party. The treatment I received from Fig and Olive was awful beyond words. Unless I am fully compensated, I will never come back to this restaurant and I will never recommend it to anybody. It's one thing to receive rude treatment from a server, but it's another thing when the General Manager is totally unhelpful and unavailable. Dr. Marc Shatz
- Fantastic!MitchVIPDined on 10/26/2014Been here quite a few times over the last year and our experience has been consistant both here and in their NY branch. Never had a bad dish here and anytime something wasn't quite right they've made amends and then some. We usually start off with the crostini's and then an appetizer(love the crab cakes and the truffle mushroom croquette is unique and a "must try!"). Next I had the Bouillabaisse which I thoroughly enjoyed. Not a traditional one but excellent nontheless. My spouse had the Chilean sea bass which she loved and we finished things off with the Tasting Plate for dessert. The food was, as I've said great, but our waiter John made this an experience to remember with his attentiveness and upbeat attitude. Go, you won't regret it!Special Features:
- Amazing Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014My girlfriend and I had a fantastic lunch here! Unfortunately we skipped the crostinis but will need to try next time as they had loads of tasty sounding toppings. We shared the roast chicken which was so moist and delicious plus the vegetables and beautiful mixed baby potatoes served with it had such great flavor. We paired that with the brussels sprouts and they were heavenly. The spice on it was so good, we asked our waitress about it and she went and spoke to the chef. Apparently they didn't even know, it was so secret. So she brought us a little bowl of it and we were sitting there dissecting it while finishing our delicious bottle of Hartford Chardonnay (which was only $65 and IMO a pretty decent price). Great service!Special Features:
- Love the booth seating in centerlike2dineoutDined on 10/25/2014This was a great place to go, Love the ambiance, The tree in the center of the dining room surrounded by booth seating is very comfy. Love the fresh pumpkin decorations. Everyone enjoyed their meal. My husband and I shared the whole fish served table side. It was cooked perfectly in a bed of fresh herbs with crispy skin, would order it again. My son had paella and enjoyed every bite. It had a yummy saffron rice with lots of fresh seafood. Everything about this place was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I eat at Fig & Olive in San Antonia and loved it. I was not disappointed with this one in LA!Special Features:
- Wine & DineFeastingDined on 10/23/2014The restaurant is beautiful with a very open space. The host are pleasant and welcoming. The bartender are okay. Our waiter was attentive and overwhelmed with so many tables. The food was amazing we had Branzino and the Tajine. Restaurant can be a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014The room is beautiful but the food was not edible.
- Always a lovely nightAsheroooooooVIPDined on 10/22/2014I just love Fig and Olive. I don't know why we don't come here more often. So gorgeous. Great menu. A+ service from all the employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow the tastebudsSnowstormVIPDined on 10/21/2014This place was terrific. We were seated promptly according to our reservation. The food was AMAZING - the the waitress gave fabulous recommendations. Every course we said wow when we took the first bite.. and then the next.. and the next... We requested that our desert come before the main course (as consuming milk products after eating meat is contrary to our religious practices), and the kitchen and waitress were very accommodating to this unusual request. All in all it was a truly magical experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gjthDined on 10/19/2014Great restaurant! Great food! Great service! Expensive.Special Features:
- No,worth the priceGourmetChefDined on 10/17/2014We ordered 2 appetizers which were great. The house bread came in 30 mins after seating and after requesting it 3 times. Beer wasn't cold enough. Service was poor. Main entree fish was dry. Chicken on the quinoa salad was dry. Overall having paid $120 for 2 people, not worth it.Special Features:
- Flavors!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/17/2014Every course had wonderful depth of flavors; form the Rossellini cocktail, the crostini, appetizers, entrees, and dessert. Full, fresh, and great combinations of flavor and texture. Bravo! Scene is quite lively and the service attentive. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerJustavisitorDined on 10/17/2014Loved it and they were so accommodating to a big surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/17/2014All of our courses were solid dishes. Standouts were the octopus and scallop appetizers. The lamb chops and sea bass entrees were also good. However, if you don't like your meat and accompaniments smoked, do not order the lamb chops, as they are served under a smoked-filled glass dome. The concept is nice and the smoky flavor was good. Portion size was also good. The sea bass was meaty with nice flavors. The portion appeared small, but it was filling. However, for $39 each, there are other restaurants on par with better value. The apple tart was good but a little burned. The chocolate souffle was very rich, but the molten center was undercooked. But, since we were celebrating, one of the desserts was comped, which was very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Home RunthenextmealDined on 10/12/2014We come here frequently as our "go-to" for an out-of-neighborhood, memorable dining experience. Fig & Olive Melrose Place knocks it out of the park every time. Our guests are always thrilled with the evening and most importantly, the food. The Cucumber Cosmo starts things off nicely, the tartines, zucchini carpacio, cheese board and olives are outstanding, and everything else to follow (if you have room) is delicious and best served with a follow up of the chocolate pot de creme. Let's make that "several" pot de cremes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placehckymarine4Dined on 10/12/2014We went for dinner on a Sunday, It was wonderful, the crostinis to die for all of them! My husband had the lobster bouillabaisse and I the paella they were both equally delish. Loved the couches at the bar nice to sit, cuddle and eat. We left comfortably full and happy, not stuffed but full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurantBARBARADined on 10/11/2014But very noisy probably cuz it was crowded. Would definitely go again, but probably not on a Saturday night, which is true of many restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it but a little noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014I love this restaurant. The food is excellent. We did sit upstairs this time and the noise level is very, very loud, so the next time I go, I may request downstairs seating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Outstanding Food & Service. The Space is open , inviting and unique for Los Angeles standardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchTerryVIPDined on 10/10/2014Took a friend who was in from Nashville. It was the perfect place to impress, catch up and have a wonderful meal. Looking forward to going back with some of my local peeps. Menu was amazing and all that we ordered was yummy. Had a wonderful afternoon with great service and wonderful food. Couldn't ask for anything better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014Thank you, F&O, for making my birthday VERY special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!NazyVIPDined on 10/7/2014Great food ! The manager was very nice ... He came to our table to cut our fish for us ( we ordered the branzino) he was very attentive to our requests. The waitress (can't remember her name but she was Romanian) very attentive and nice... And the food is always amazing so you won't lose out in anyway ! Win win dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times with delicious foodBestintheCityDined on 10/4/2014Everything was great! Tony our server was friendly, informative, funny and brought us out a free sampler desert. The only tip I'd recommend is get a bottle of wine if you plan on having more than 2 glasses...the pours are very small if you order by the glass. We had a great night and I'd go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High hopes....honestdining06Dined on 10/4/2014It was our anniversary and we were excited to dine here- but it was a bit disappointing. Portions are small, although everything we had was delicious. My husband felt like he hadn't had enough to eat when we left. Biggest shocker - $24(!) for a glass of Chandon Rose champagne, this was ridiculous. Best things we had- olives, olive oils (tasting), grilled lobster (in the lobster salad), branzino. Not sure we'd come back, not enough of a powerful experience, it takes a lot to get us to become repeat customers.Special Features:
- Food is a 4. Overall experience, 5.laduree11Dined on 10/3/2014If you're looking for a vibe-y LA restaurant without the young crowd, this is the place. Great bar scene without being obnoxious, great atmosphere, beautiful decor, and spot-on service. The food always seems to be a solid 4, with room for improvement in flavor development, but the overall experience is definitely a 5. The restaurant is always loud and energetic -- perfect for a Friday or Saturday night out.Special Features:
- Wonderful!AlexDined on 10/3/2014We knew fig & olive of meatpacking in new york, and this restaurant in LA is fantástico too. Great enviromental and highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Lovely Dinner!Kel18318Dined on 10/3/2014Fig & Olive has become one of my favorite restaurants since moving to LA. I have eaten there multiple times and taken a cooking class there with their head chef. It's a great, romantic spot with delicious food. The highlights of our most recent meal were the beef carpaccio, the filet mignon which was cooked perfectly rare, and the yellow fin tuna, seared and served over an eggplant and tomato tapenade with fingerlings. I am continually impressed by the quality of the service and the food. The olive oils are an added bonus- I bought two oils and a fig balsamic vinegar for my own home- cooking. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fig and OliveKatieDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed a nice evening at Fig and Olive. Had 3 crostini's (which were good), Seared scallops (favorite of the night), tuna crudo (lacked flavor/bland), lamb (excellent), filet (good). Service was good, our waitor was very nice and made recommendations, only service complaint was 1 course seemed to come out too quick, and they pulled our plates/silverware out from under us while we still had that food left from that course, luckily the food was on a shared plate in the center so we were able to still eat it, though we did feel rushed with that course. I think fig and olive is overpriced, there are many other LA restaurants we will visit before considering to return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodluvmywineanddineDined on 10/3/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. Sorry it took me so long to try it. We both had salmon which was delicious. We also had some vegetables to start, artichokes which were really good, brussel sprouts so amazing hard to describe and we had the beef carpaccio. That was a little bland and needed some seasoning or oil or something. We had wine a pinot noir, which was good but room temperature. Wish all good restaurants kept their reds at a lower temperature. The restaurant has a wonderful feel to it. Our table was a little close to the others, too close for my taste. The waitress was good, but then they over sat her and she was "eating the weeds" as they say in restaurant business. But she still did a rather good job. Pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Relise04Dined on 10/1/2014Definitely will be returning. Delicious food, ambiance was beautiful. Service was accommodating and amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spr81Dined on 10/1/2014i love this restaurant so much. everything about it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- karbi 3000Karbi3000Dined on 9/28/2014We had a pleasant evening with friends, the food was well presented and cooked, the atmosphere is stylishand & cozy, comfortable and not too formal, a bit too noisy for the target. Good idea and fully appreciated is the Mediterranean oil tasting but presented and served in an anonymous way, the overall quality of the bread is not correct for presentation quality & types, "smart" is the wine card but too much marketing-oriented, increase the average quality without raising the prices would be appreciated by many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This gem is a little tarnished.LaphilDined on 9/28/2014It was my girl friend's birthday and we made an 7pm res on a Sunday night. We were told our table was not ready for our reservation and invited to sit in the bar area. It took 10 minutes before someone came over to serve us and another 10 minutes to get our drinks. We were finally escorted to our table 1/2 hour after our reservation. Our waiter and the food were both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a most enjoyable afternooncurious1VIPDined on 9/25/2014My recent business lunch at Fig & Olive was outstanding. The service was impeccable and our waiter was knowledgeable without being overbearing. His suggestions from the menu made for a great meal and were much appreciated. The kitchen is turning out amazing food and the overall experience was wonderful. I also appreciated the fact that the service was constant but unobtrusive, something that is very hard to find in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- KylaDined on 9/24/2014Food was wonderful! One person in our group has a food allergy and they were very accommodating to his needs. Tables are close together though, so not very intimate or private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningyogifoodieDined on 9/21/2014I took three friends to Fig & Olive on a groupon. Our server was generous with her time and helped us figure out how to order per the groupon rules. Her suggestions were spot-on and the food was terrific. We were seated in the back room, next time will request the main dining room. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OCfoodie81Dined on 9/21/2014I went here based on a Groupon deal I'd found, and had a great experience. Rather than limit you to a few dishes, you had a nearly free reign on the menu to make your own 4 course meal. From both of my visits to this restaurant, their bruschetta's are amazing. Largely non-traditional variations, there is everything from prosciutto to mushrooms and seafood options. In addition to the food, they do a great job on their cocktails. I got a traditional martini which was very well balanced - not overly alcoholic or briny. For my main entree, I had the lamb chops which is brought to the table under a glass dome that's filled with the aromatic smoke of a smoldering rosemary branch.Special Features:
- 4-course dinner17IzzyDined on 9/21/2014Group of 5 and all of our tastebuds were satisfied!! Happy souls! All of the crostinis were good. Favorite appetizers: Fig Gorgonzola Tartlet and Fig and Olive Salad Favorite meal: Rosemary Lamb Chops and Yellowfin Tuna a la Provencale Desserts: Caramelized Apple Tart, Creme Brulee Cheesecake, and Andrew's Tasting and Sharing plate were all the cherry on top to our dinner! Great place! I look forward to visiting again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.