FIG & OLIVE Melrose Place
8490 Melrose Place
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
FIG & OLIVE Melrose Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: (310) 360-9100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday –Friday 12pm – 3pm
Saturday 12pm – 3pm
Sunday 11am – 3pm
Monday 6pm to 10pm
Tuesday to Thursday 6pm-10:30pm
Friday to Saturday 5:30pm- 11pm
Bar & Lounge:
Sunday to Thursday 5:30pm-11pm
Friday- Saturday 5:30pm- 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: FIG & OLIVE is coming to you!
Our Customized Catering Menu features many of FIG & OLIVE’S favorite dishes along with many other new and exciting options.
Our Full Service Special Events Team handles every detail – from intimate dinners in your own home to extravagant galas.
Our experienced team of chefs and planners will bring exceptional cuisine and impeccable service every time.
Consider FIG & OLIVE Catering for your next event.
Please inquire for a customized quote: email@example.com
- Entertainment: Entertainment Live Dj - Wednesday - Friday- Saturday.
- Special Events: This spacious 8,000 square foot venue located in the heart of West Hollywood has become a favorite for media conferences, post-award ceremonies, political and corporate functions, hotel launches, bar and bat mitzvahs, weddings, fund raisers, birthdays and anniversaries.
FIG & OLIVE West Hollywood centers around its delicious authentic Mediterranean cuisine from the South of France, Spain and Italy.
This space enables you to host a variety of events including fully booking private events for up 200 to 800 guests.
For more information about Special Events at FIG & OLIVE MELROSE PLACE we invite you to check our website and for a customized quote please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from FIG & OLIVE Melrose Place
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the ambiance, coastal cuisine and flavors from the Riviera and Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy, and Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
FIG & OLIVE Melrose Place - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
FIG & OLIVE Melrose Place reviews from OpenTable diners
449 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (300)special occasion (276)hot spot (200)romantic (189)good for groups (159)neighborhood gem (136)notable wine list (104)great for lunch (96)vibrant bar scene (83)great for brunch (59)great for outdoor dining (32)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (10)Show More
- I just love this placeAsheroooooooVIPDined on 11/19/2014I have never had a bad dish here. The mushroom croquettes are phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well treatedSteveVIPDined on 11/15/2014On this occasion, I was there on a date. The staff accommodated our need for a quiet table and was wonderfully polite in not interrupting conversation. More, the surrounding tables changed over twice during the long evening we spent there, and no one pushed up to clear the table. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBBTFBBBBTFBDined on 11/15/2014We always love this place. Food consistently great. Even though it tends to be noisy. But sit against the back wall, that's better. It is beautiful, especially during the day, when filled with light. Great private room too. Our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu poetryFeedMeDined on 11/15/2014Our wait person was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and options, narrating them in wonderfully descriptive detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Striving for MediocreDanielDined on 11/14/2014Food was mediocre at best. Thank God they have good service.
- Great food & good service, a little noisy..FoodieVIPDined on 11/14/2014We enjoyed an great bottle of Spanish wine, had mostly starters like assorted cheeses with fig jam & olives of different variations & preparations, octopus, sea scallops, truffle mushroom croquette that was to die for, beef tartar and traditional Jamon Iberico. Finished off with some excellent dessert wine and were a little too full for comfort ;) Amazing experience.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceNortherndinerDined on 11/13/2014The food was excellent. The server was very poor. Every course was extremely rushed and was brought to us before being finished the prior course. We were not told of any specials. After dessert he simply dropped of our bill and walked away. He didn't ask if we wanted another drink or coffee etc. My wife commented "It was like he didn't even want us here". I would have been less rushed at Taco Bell. Our reservation was for 7:30 and we were done by 8:30.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Our appetizers arrived way before our cocktails. None of the food dishes were timed correctly in arriving at the table. The waiter constantly had his 'favorites' in attempts to increase the size (cost) of the order. Plenty of other restaurants in the neighborhood.
- Food did not match price tagDeltaDined on 11/7/2014The ambiance and decor was great. Prefect for an afternoon lunch or brunch. The drinks were made well but could have used more alcohol. The food was not up to par with the price tag for the food. Portions were fair not so generous but fair for this style of restaurant. I would not come back due to the quality of the food for the price.Special Features:
- BAD SERVICE - GOOD FOODTBcdVIPDined on 11/6/2014Service was very inattentive most of the time except they get trying to clear our plates too many times before we had finished eating!
- Great Experience3xpl0itDined on 11/2/2014The atmosphere was perfect. The waiters were able to explain every dish that we had questions about. I will be back soon.Special Features:
- Ok at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014They seated us upstairs right next to another table very little privacy too close to others. The view wasn't good. I probably would have liked it better if we had been seated downstairs. Noise was loud hard to hear. Food was ok not bad but not wow. I just had a much higher expectation and it was a bit of a let down.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Was a really busy Saturday night - waiter was flustered and there were a few really big noisy groups. The food was ok but nothing spectacular. It was just too noisy ...Special Features:
- Busy restaurant but poor serviceKrug1979Dined on 11/1/2014There are many better restaurants in Los Angeles and I don't understand why Fig & Olive is so popular. It is a big restaurant and it was full on Saturday. The food is average and the service is poor. I saw a waitor yawn like a hippo while escorting a couple to their table. Our waitor was friendly but not very competent. We are never coming back.Special Features:
- Maybe it was an off night?xhristinaDined on 11/1/2014Service was slow & our dinner dragged out to about 4 hrs. It was only okay because the company was fun and the food was amazing, but it was not what I would expect at a restaurant of this caliber. The waiter also argued with us on a complaint we had (One friend ordered a drink and asked for tequila to be replaced by vodka...when the drink came, it was obviously tequila. When we asked the waiter, he would not believe that it was tequila, he kept arguing that he personally saw the bartender pour it and it was vodka. Anyone who tasted it could tell, it obviously was not. He ended up replacing the drink, but at an establishment like this, with what we paid for a nice dinner, we should not have had to argue with the waiter about this).Special Features:
- Tasty but overpricedMatthewDined on 10/30/2014Crostini, 6 for $21, was the best value for the price -- stupendous. The entree we had, truffle risotto, was tasty but not to the same extent; it did not come close to justifying a $26 price, particularly when the service was average at best.Special Features:
- AmazingdelautenVIPDined on 10/30/2014This was our first time to dine at Fig and Olive and it will not be our last. The menu is unique and everything we ordered was beautiful prepared and delicious. The service was spot-on as well. This is a restaurant with great energy and ambiance which makes for either a romantic night out or a great place with a large group of friends.Special Features:
- Overpriced Cheesecake FactorySoutherndinerDined on 10/30/2014Food is fine. It felt as though the chef heard about all of these different "techniques" and "flavor profiles" on The Food Network and tried to see if he could do them. He could not. Also, if you are going to tout that you only use olive oil in your restaurant and how great the olive oils are, then they should be good. All three olive oils brought out to our table had really off tasting in a bad way. Is the place horrible? No, but just don't expect much for a big portions and a big bill at the end.
- Amazing food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Julia was our server and she was amazing. She gave great recommendations. The food was so good.Special Features:
- Very disappointed in my 3rd visit !LovetoDineVIPDined on 10/29/2014The fish tasted odd and strangely chewy. It was inedible. Their solution was a free dessert.
- always epicMrNomNom1Dined on 10/27/2014you know, if you haven't been go, then you'll know.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!NickVIPDined on 10/27/2014The food was outstanding and delicious all the way. When we served the incorrect food item, our waiter was excellent and responded immediately and corrected it. The cocktails were also well made. Definitely a treat for us!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulDavidVIPDined on 10/27/2014I am in my sixties and I have never had a worse experience in a restaurant in MY ENTIRE LIFE. In fact, after speaking to the manager, he said he would bring me his card and he never returned to the table. I was treated rudely and one of the servers refused to serve my party. The treatment I received from Fig and Olive was awful beyond words. Unless I am fully compensated, I will never come back to this restaurant and I will never recommend it to anybody. It's one thing to receive rude treatment from a server, but it's another thing when the General Manager is totally unhelpful and unavailable. Dr. Marc Shatz
- Fantastic!MitchVIPDined on 10/26/2014Been here quite a few times over the last year and our experience has been consistant both here and in their NY branch. Never had a bad dish here and anytime something wasn't quite right they've made amends and then some. We usually start off with the crostini's and then an appetizer(love the crab cakes and the truffle mushroom croquette is unique and a "must try!"). Next I had the Bouillabaisse which I thoroughly enjoyed. Not a traditional one but excellent nontheless. My spouse had the Chilean sea bass which she loved and we finished things off with the Tasting Plate for dessert. The food was, as I've said great, but our waiter John made this an experience to remember with his attentiveness and upbeat attitude. Go, you won't regret it!Special Features:
- Amazing Lunch!lovestoeatDined on 10/26/2014My girlfriend and I had a fantastic lunch here! Unfortunately we skipped the crostinis but will need to try next time as they had loads of tasty sounding toppings. We shared the roast chicken which was so moist and delicious plus the vegetables and beautiful mixed baby potatoes served with it had such great flavor. We paired that with the brussels sprouts and they were heavenly. The spice on it was so good, we asked our waitress about it and she went and spoke to the chef. Apparently they didn't even know, it was so secret. So she brought us a little bowl of it and we were sitting there dissecting it while finishing our delicious bottle of Hartford Chardonnay (which was only $65 and IMO a pretty decent price). Great service!Special Features:
- Always Good/Go during the weekTerraFirmaDined on 10/25/2014I really like Fig and Olive. I usually go during the week and have a great time: food is delicious, menu varied and service superb. Chicken Tajine, Beef Carpaccio, Salmon - all great. The set menu for $45 is a great deal with dishes I love. The salads are large and can be split or have as a main dish like I did last Saturday. My only disappointment when we went Sat with our group of six was that it was packed - expected on a Sat - and it was so loud with people talking and laughing yet they felt compelled to turn the music way up. It was hard to have a conversation. It really does hamper the evening. You are eating this lovely meal and half the table can't hear what the other half is saying. Turn down the music and all is perfectSpecial Features:
- Love the booth seating in centerlike2dineoutDined on 10/25/2014This was a great place to go, Love the ambiance, The tree in the center of the dining room surrounded by booth seating is very comfy. Love the fresh pumpkin decorations. Everyone enjoyed their meal. My husband and I shared the whole fish served table side. It was cooked perfectly in a bed of fresh herbs with crispy skin, would order it again. My son had paella and enjoyed every bite. It had a yummy saffron rice with lots of fresh seafood. Everything about this place was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not disappointed!RoseladyDined on 10/24/2014I eat at Fig & Olive in San Antonia and loved it. I was not disappointed with this one in LA!Special Features:
- Wine & DineFeastingDined on 10/23/2014The restaurant is beautiful with a very open space. The host are pleasant and welcoming. The bartender are okay. Our waiter was attentive and overwhelmed with so many tables. The food was amazing we had Branzino and the Tajine. Restaurant can be a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014The room is beautiful but the food was not edible.
- Always a lovely nightAsheroooooooVIPDined on 10/22/2014I just love Fig and Olive. I don't know why we don't come here more often. So gorgeous. Great menu. A+ service from all the employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow the tastebudsSnowstormVIPDined on 10/21/2014This place was terrific. We were seated promptly according to our reservation. The food was AMAZING - the the waitress gave fabulous recommendations. Every course we said wow when we took the first bite.. and then the next.. and the next... We requested that our desert come before the main course (as consuming milk products after eating meat is contrary to our religious practices), and the kitchen and waitress were very accommodating to this unusual request. All in all it was a truly magical experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gjthDined on 10/19/2014Great restaurant! Great food! Great service! Expensive.Special Features:
- No,worth the priceGourmetChefDined on 10/17/2014We ordered 2 appetizers which were great. The house bread came in 30 mins after seating and after requesting it 3 times. Beer wasn't cold enough. Service was poor. Main entree fish was dry. Chicken on the quinoa salad was dry. Overall having paid $120 for 2 people, not worth it.Special Features:
- Flavors!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/17/2014Every course had wonderful depth of flavors; form the Rossellini cocktail, the crostini, appetizers, entrees, and dessert. Full, fresh, and great combinations of flavor and texture. Bravo! Scene is quite lively and the service attentive. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerJustavisitorDined on 10/17/2014Loved it and they were so accommodating to a big surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/17/2014All of our courses were solid dishes. Standouts were the octopus and scallop appetizers. The lamb chops and sea bass entrees were also good. However, if you don't like your meat and accompaniments smoked, do not order the lamb chops, as they are served under a smoked-filled glass dome. The concept is nice and the smoky flavor was good. Portion size was also good. The sea bass was meaty with nice flavors. The portion appeared small, but it was filling. However, for $39 each, there are other restaurants on par with better value. The apple tart was good but a little burned. The chocolate souffle was very rich, but the molten center was undercooked. But, since we were celebrating, one of the desserts was comped, which was very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Home RunthenextmealDined on 10/12/2014We come here frequently as our "go-to" for an out-of-neighborhood, memorable dining experience. Fig & Olive Melrose Place knocks it out of the park every time. Our guests are always thrilled with the evening and most importantly, the food. The Cucumber Cosmo starts things off nicely, the tartines, zucchini carpacio, cheese board and olives are outstanding, and everything else to follow (if you have room) is delicious and best served with a follow up of the chocolate pot de creme. Let's make that "several" pot de cremes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placehckymarine4Dined on 10/12/2014We went for dinner on a Sunday, It was wonderful, the crostinis to die for all of them! My husband had the lobster bouillabaisse and I the paella they were both equally delish. Loved the couches at the bar nice to sit, cuddle and eat. We left comfortably full and happy, not stuffed but full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurantBARBARADined on 10/11/2014But very noisy probably cuz it was crowded. Would definitely go again, but probably not on a Saturday night, which is true of many restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.