FIG & OLIVE Meatpacking
420 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
FIG & OLIVE Meatpacking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: (212) 924-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 12AM – 4PM
Sunday & Monday: 4PM – 10PM
Tuesday – Thursday: 4PM – 11PM
Friday & Saturday: 4PM – 11:30PM (Bar Open Till 1AM)
Saturday & Sunday: 11AM – 4PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: FIG & OLIVE is coming to you!
Our Customized Catering Menu features many of FIG & OLIVE’S favorite dishes along with many other new and exciting options.
Our Full Service Special Events Team handles every detail – from intimate dinners in your own home to extravagant galas.
Our experienced team of chefs and planners will bring exceptional cuisine and impeccable service every time.
Consider FIG & OLIVE Catering for your next event.
Please inquire for a customized quote: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Entertainment live Dj: Friday - Saturday
Aperitivo* : Everyday 5pm - 7pm
*In the Italian & south of France style, complimentary hors doeuvre/ crostini / tapenades are served with drinks on platters encouraging guests to eat small bites, drink, mingle and relax at the end of the day after work, before dinner.
- Special Events: Our 4,000 square foot MEATPACKING DISTRICT venue, has become a favorite space for all types of corporate events, Holiday Parties, and personal celebrations. FIG & OLIVE MEATPACKING truly stands out with its elegant and authentic design from the French and Italian Riviera. This space offers numerous possibilities to host a variety of events from 12 to 350 guests.
FIG & OLIVE Events team is at your disposal to assist you in planning your special event. Please inquire for a customized quote.
A word from FIG & OLIVE Meatpacking
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. It is a full service restaurant featuring lunch, brunch and dinner menus. The exceptional wine list includes over 30 wines offered by the glass or bottle from Italy, France and Spain. FIG & OLIVE MEATPACKING truly stands out with its elegant and authentic design from the French and Italian Riviera.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FIG & OLIVE Meatpacking reviews from OpenTable diners
504 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (281)special occasion (220)hot spot (210)good for groups (199)neighborhood gem (157)romantic (146)vibrant bar scene (130)notable wine list (103)great for lunch (102)great for brunch (86)great for outdoor dining (71)late-night find (52)scenic view (19)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great food, substandard serviceLisaDined on 11/23/2014Our brunch food was divine and the atmosphere lovely. Unfortunately, while there were many servers running about, we had to ask repeatedly for coffee refills and waited too long for portions of our order. The servers did lots of rushing about, but were oddly inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicepatBVIPDined on 11/22/2014Still the same there, the food is really good but the service is extremely poor, I had a poor experience 5 weeks ago and this time was not very different on the service side.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fond and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Were there with a party from work when we visited NYC. We all loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CROSTINI'S ARE THE BEST.lvsmallrestaurantsVIPDined on 11/19/2014The list of Crostini's we so interesting. We could not decide on which one to order. The Waiter suggest we let the Chef decide. He did and the selection was amazing. One of the best Bars to set at and enjoy Wine and great Crostini's....Waiters and Bar Tenders are amazing, friendly and always there when you need them...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere.LaclacDined on 11/18/2014Great drinks, nice menu. Good for large and small parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I finally got to have a glass of wine!MrsMarronVIPDined on 11/18/2014There is a Fig & Olive across the street from my office and I have eaten there a couple of times on special occassions. Every time I have eaten there, I think to myself that this dish would taste so good with a glass of wine. I finally had the opportunity to eat at Fig & Olive for dinner and a glass of wine with my meal! The chicken tajine is delicious. The prix fixe menu is good value, the wine list has a decent selection, the atmosphere is very appealing and the food is very well prepared. Try it sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dinnerEats53Dined on 11/17/2014First of all, it was a wet Monday night, so the whole area was pretty quiet. Not much passing trade and other restaurants seemed empty. We were situated near the front of the restaurant, whereas the buzz seemed to be at the back, but noticed this too late to ask to be re-seated. Food was actually very good - mushroom croquetas were melt in the mouth, and the paella was very good and had the full range of seafood you woould expect, and more.Special Features:
- Food coldCPWCDined on 11/16/2014We were a group of six women who met for brunch at the Fig and Olive. The restaurant was not busy yet the food came cold.
- GREAT FOOD BUT WAITING 30 MINUTES WITH RESERVATIONF123Dined on 11/15/2014I went to Fig&Olive on a saturday night, I had a reservation for 4 people. We arrived on time and we had to wait 30 minutes. It was very busy but I felt like no one is really acknowledging that we had a reservation meaning that we had to wait just like the people that just passed by without reservation. However the food was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is a gem!!!eatslikeadude94Dined on 11/15/2014Every time I go to Fig & Olive I am treated like a VIP. The service is spectacular. The food is amazing and the prices are very reasonable. In fact, I have been to many five star restaurants that could learn about excellent service from the staff at Fig & Olive. We were entertaining guests from out of town and they were so impressed by the service they thought for sure I knew the manager or chef personally...I do not. Fig & Olive is our go to place to impress out of towners with some NYC class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but WAY too noisy!skygrlDined on 11/15/2014Would have given it 5 stars all around except for the noise. food and service were great, but it was next to impossible to carry on a conversation at the table without yelling.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food overshadowed by bad experience.LESFoodloverVIPDined on 11/15/2014I have somewhat of a history with Fig and Olive. It was a "go to" place for me when friends came to town, a spot for a decadent lunch or a special occasion, a got spot for appetizers and drinks before going out, etc. So when a my boyfriend's 7 friends came to the city to celebrate one of their 30th birthdays, I make a reservation for 9 at Fig and Olive. The experience left me embarrassed. The service was insulting, the food was rushed. I wrote a review on Open Table and I was contacted personally by a manager, who apologized and asked if they could treat us to a "true" Fig and Olive experience. We accepted the invitation and went for dinner--we were treated like royalty--beautiful meal, amazing service, champagne! I was floored. I wrote the most highly complimentary review ever and then resumed my use of Fig and Olive as a "go to" place. So this year, for my 30th, my parents flew to the city to spend the weekend celebrating with me and I chose Fig and Olive for dinner. It was a total disappointment. Our server was rude in that (1) he rushed us to order: he literally told us we should order right away because a bigger group was coming in that was going to be taking a lot of his attention (2) he was totally unconcerned about allergies and even sent out food that had an allergen in it after we alerted him to the allergy (3) he did not acknowledge that we were there to celebrate a birthday until he brought out the dessert menu and cheapened the whole experience by talking about how I'd get my "free dessert." He was downright impatient. The staff was hovering around our table and kept rushing us to eat so that they could bring out the next course. By 8:30 the restaurant was so loud that I could not hear the person next to me speaking and we couldn't interact with each other. It felt like all that mattered was turnover. So by the time the entree came out it was irrelevant that the food was good. We came for the whole dining experience and it was simply bad.Special Features:
- Good spot for a nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We went on a Sunday night so it was not too busy. The staff were attentive and the food very good. Not a cheap place, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice restaurantBA2014Dined on 11/8/2014Good food and very good music! Perfect for a friends night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst OT experience so farOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/8/2014we got to the restaurant on time, waited for 30 minutes, and when we were told that we need to wait another 20 minutes we left. they dont care if you ordered in advance, you are simply waiting in line with walk ins. I am not sure that I will use open table again and I'm sure that i will never visit Fig & olive
- Trendy.....Iron8chefVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is my 3rd time at this restaurant, and it doesnt disappoint. Food is excellent, wine list awesome, and the service is outstanding. We were a party of six, and everything was spaced out perfectly. We were not rushed despite a wait to get in. Our waiter matthew was friendly, personable, and an excellent server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool but disappointingbonappetit1994VIPDined on 11/8/2014We arrived right on time with our guests for our reservation at 7:15. The hosts were an hour behind in seating us to our table! We were really disappointed. Then our server "suggested" we hurry up and order because they needed to accommodate other reservations!!!! Nice place and wonderful menu, but poorly managed!!!!Special Features:
- Always a Great Experience at F&OAlecMVIPDined on 11/8/2014I have been going to Fig and Olive for quite a few years now. Their food is outstanding, the service is great, drinks are the best. If you are looking for a guaranteed good experience, you can't go wrong at Fig & Olive. I would not recommend it for weekend night dinner just because of the noise. Usually, their atmosphere is very good but weekend night, they added a DJ and it is like having dinner at a very loud disco with people dancing and screaming around you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- back after restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014We went to Fig & Olive this spring during restaurant week so this was a return visit on a Friday night. Just as yummy, with amazing and unusual flavor combinations and perfectly cooked and seasoned dishes. Love this place, so glad it's nearby. In fact we had walnut juleps and they were so tasty I came back to the bar the next night with a friend since we were looking for a high end cocktail late night. There is a DJ on Saturday night with an uber hip and VERY pretty clientele hitting on each other amid the thumping bass beats; so if that's not your scene - skip it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Beautiful please, nice food, great service. I will defenitely come back and recomend this place. I had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!CtotheMoDined on 11/3/2014Best bouillabaisse I've ever had! Started with a cheese plate, which was fantastic. Had the dessert sampler (I think it's called something cooler), and it was beyond words good! This place is primo!Special Features:
- Keeps delivering the bestLuisVIPDined on 11/3/2014F&O-Meatpacking maintains its great food, service and ambiance. Been there a few times over the past few weeks, with colleagues and friends from out of town. We are always greeted with a smile, get to enjoy cocktails at the bar (you must try the Cucumber Cosmo or the Julep!) and then are seated for more pleasures to arrive. The menu has something for everyone - from lamb chops, to risotto, great pastas, great meats and great fish. Gluten free was no problem. The waiter was very helpful with our friend and helped he select great GF options. Tried the Verdejo wine - fantastic. Thanks F&O for the attention to detail and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muito bomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Ótima comida, serviço atencioso. Destaque para as entradas sensacionais! Só achei a música muito alta.Special Features:
- A must try in New York city!sydneyvisitorDined on 11/1/2014The best truffle croquette, lobster risotto I have ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014rice is Paella Del Mar was not cooked first and thewn we sent it back and asked for it to re-done it was salty. It does not have a repeat value.Special Features:
- High End Casualmseifried63Dined on 11/1/2014We were greeted immediately and were given a choice of a rectangle table or round table in the main dining room near the kitchen. Service was prompt to start - friendly girl from Australia. She took our drink orders and we were served quicky. She took time to walk us through the menu and made recommendations for a few who asked. We all had appetizers, but the 2 big hits were the TRUFFLE MUSHROOM CROQUETTE and the BEEF CARPACCIO. The big entree hits were Yellow Fin Tuna and the Rosemary Lamb Chops. As the restaurant became busier, our server went MIA. We wanted to order a bottle of wine and passed as it became too late. But overall we had a great dining experience and would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- DisappointingKakiDined on 11/1/2014My eyes loved this restaurant. It's a beautiful restaurant. Great space. Simple, elegant décor. It's an interior scenic view. Clean, well groomed staff. Tastefully presented dishes and beverages. Unfortunately my mouth had another opinion. The food was not great which made me feel like everything was outrageously overpriced. We had the branzino - somehow they managed to make it very oily and yet dry. It was just mediocre. Not worth the money. Kale salad was nothing special. My friend had the truffled eggs. He asked for the eggs to be well done and perhaps because of that request his eggs were ruined. He said it tasted like his 6 year old nephew made his eggs. Our server though nice was very stressed and intense.Special Features:
- greatdrsocratesDined on 10/31/2014Great place. Had the sea bass, which was magnificent. Music is loud, but good. Not a disturbance at all.Special Features:
- Very good but noisyoli2014Dined on 10/31/2014Delicious food and perfectly cooked fish. Too noisy however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Delicious food in nice atmosphere. Vibrant scene and good people watching. Their bruschetta's are incredibly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay but not worth a repeatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/30/2014I had the seasonal pumpkin ravioli. There were 5 on my plate (main course) for $22. That's $4.40 per ravioli. It was interesting, but not worth that. Service was lackluster: They forgot to bring a second glass of wine, brought 2 waters for a table of 3; charged a large amount a bowl of plain noodles with 1/8 cup of Parmesan shavings and didn't ask why almost none was eaten (it was cold and awful). Not awful, but their are better places in town.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2014While not in the same class as Valbella or Scarpetta, Fig & Olive - Meatpacking is always pleasing, for a drink, small plates or dinner, rarely pretentious. The Beef Carpaccio is required. There are nights when the bar is vibrant and energizing and worth stopping in...Special Features:
- Outstanding still fits...LuisVIPDined on 10/27/2014Visited again with an out-of-town colleague and staff. From drinks to food to table to service, everything was outstanding. All guests were happy with the ambiance and with their food selections. Our server made sure everyone know what they were ordering, so no surprises when all was served. Our whole party was delighted with the entire evening. Oh, there was a large party in the section next to us, and that just added to the energy level that evening. Certainly much fun... Will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Solid OptionAndrewVIPDined on 10/26/2014Excellent food, service, and ambience! 4.5 stars hands-down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightMikeVIPDined on 10/25/2014Crowded, loud, and we had to ask for bread 3 times, (it came once we finished our entrees) We were super rushed out, apps came within 5 mins of ordering and dinner came when we weren't even done with them. Very disappointing.
- Delicious occasionPw26Dined on 10/25/2014Great experience at this restaurant! The ambience is stunning and elegant. Hostess checked us in early for our appointment and found us at the bar when the table was ready. Our cute server Eric was friendly and professional. The food was very good and portioned well so you don't get too stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic SceneAMZWVIPDined on 10/25/2014This place is a find, I also dined at the location in Mid town. The food is fantastic in both locations. The atmosphere is warm and inviting.Special Features:
- Bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014Very overrated. We were 4 people and nothing was good. Got the Chilean seabass... Was a huge letdown
- Very NY scene meatpacking gemcares517VIPDined on 10/24/2014Four of us dined early on a Friday night and had a great time. The atmosphere is very New York and unlike a lot of West Village/Meatpacking spots there is a lot of elbow room. Service was prompt and cordial. The food is quite good. One hiccup: two of us ordered the rather pricey C'ote de Boeuf mediium rare but it came overcooked, way more medium than rare. Our waiter gave us free desserts for the gaffe which was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls weekend dining experience.TOfoodie74Dined on 10/23/2014Came from Toronto, Canada with friends and had a great dinner. Food was exceptional. Loved the option of a fixed price menu. The waiter was great and very friendly. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.