Fig & Olive - Meatpacking
420 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Fig & Olive - Meatpacking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: 2129241200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 12AM – 4PM
Sunday & Monday: 4PM – 10PM
Tuesday – Thursday: 4PM – 11PM
Friday & Saturday: 4PM – 11:30PM (Bar Open Till 1AM)
Saturday & Sunday: 11AM – 4PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: FIG & OLIVE is coming to you!
Our Customized Catering Menu features many of FIG & OLIVE’S favorite dishes along with many other new and exciting options.
Our Full Service Special Events Team handles every detail – from intimate dinners in your own home to extravagant galas.
Our experienced team of chefs and planners will bring exceptional cuisine and impeccable service every time.
Consider FIG & OLIVE Catering for your next event.
Please inquire for a customized quote: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Entertainment live Dj: Friday - Saturday
Aperitivo* : Everyday 5pm - 7pm
*In the Italian & south of France style, complimentary hors doeuvre/ crostini / tapenades are served with drinks on platters encouraging guests to eat small bites, drink, mingle and relax at the end of the day after work, before dinner.
- Special Events: Our 4,000 square foot MEATPACKING DISTRICT venue, has become a favorite space for all types of corporate events, Holiday Parties, and personal celebrations. FIG & OLIVE MEATPACKING truly stands out with its elegant and authentic design from the French and Italian Riviera. This space offers numerous possibilities to host a variety of events from 12 to 350 guests.
FIG & OLIVE Events team is at your disposal to assist you in planning your special event. Please inquire for a customized quote.
A word from Fig & Olive - Meatpacking
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. It is a full service restaurant featuring lunch, brunch and dinner menus. The exceptional wine list includes over 30 wines offered by the glass or bottle from Italy, France and Spain. FIG & OLIVE MEATPACKING truly stands out with its elegant and authentic design from the French and Italian Riviera.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fig & Olive - Meatpacking reviews from OpenTable diners
518 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (279)special occasion (226)hot spot (191)good for groups (186)romantic (166)neighborhood gem (159)vibrant bar scene (129)great for lunch (118)notable wine list (109)great for brunch (94)great for outdoor dining (92)late-night find (58)scenic view (23)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Empty yet pile everyone upOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/21/2014The restaurant was empty yet they piled us on top of the only other table. And they put us next to the kitchen. Why? Who the heck knows. We had blah service despite servers standing around doing nothing. This is a nano mole as we've had good service when it was crowded. Guess they work better under pressure.Special Features:
- Fantastic brunchLuisVIPDined on 10/19/2014Had not been back to F&O for brunch in a while. Well, decided to head over last Sunday. Wonderful decision. The menu selection was extremely varied; we actually had a hard time deciding what to choose. The chef keeps surprising and delivering... Drinks were perfect, as was service. Thank you again F&O team for a great Sunday afternoon!Special Features:
- A true gemFoodieDivaVIPDined on 10/19/2014I haven't been to F&O for almost a year but returned to find it just as wonderful as I left it. Our server, Eric, was attentive, personable and a true asset to the restaurant. We were a party of four and we all felt like honored guests. I had the appetizer of the octopus salad for the first time and trust me, it won't be the last time. It was refreshing and yummy. Everyone in my party was happy with the experience, especially the newbie of the group. Keep up the great teamwork, F&O! I'll be returning very, very soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful visitRalphDined on 10/18/2014It was our first time to Fig & Olive but it probably will not be our last. We arrived at 7:00 p.m. and were seated promptly at a corner table which was perfect. Our server greeted us and was very responsive with wine tastings and selection. We took our time as it was a special occasion and had three courses of the various appetizers. The food was outstanding - each in its own way was unique, tasty and beautifully presented. Our server was particularly wonderful with suggestions, conversation and very accommodating. Overall we left saying it was one of the nicest restaurant experiences of late. Many thanks to all at Fig & Olive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingScottDined on 10/18/2014Fig and Olive Meatpacking is our "Go To" restaurant for when people are in town. Always excellent!! Except this time. For my daughter's birthday, we went there for a early dinner. The waitress forgot 1 appetizer and one side, and the signature chateaubriand was not medium as ordered, but rare-medium rare. As well as the rest of dish were only slightly warm. I hope this was only just a 1 off event, because we really do enjoy this restaurant.
- GOOD FOOD AND GOOD SERVICEJOESKINNYDined on 10/17/2014I WENT TO THIS RESTAURANT FOR THE SECOND TIME WITH MY BOYS AND WE ENJOYED OURSELVES. THE DRINKS WERE MADE JUST RIGHT AND THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD.Special Features:
- Good food, too louddc31280VIPDined on 10/17/2014Good food and great service. The place sounds like a club as all new restaurants seem to these days which is an unwanted distraction. Turn down the volume and it could be 5 stars.Special Features:
- Best Steak EverluvfoodDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I shared the Cote de Beouf. It was the BEST steak ever--and we've been to all the great steakhouses around the country. Truly memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the trip!JayGVIPDined on 10/15/2014I was quite pleased with the dinner I had at Fig and Olive! Everything was awesome from the ambiance, to the service and, of course, the food. The wait staff was for attentive - especially Colby. The manager, Anzeou, stopped by several time to be sure I was happy with the food and the service. The wen list was good - especially the Oberon Cabernet that was suggested by Colby. She also recommended a Pinot Noir by Mateo and is was equally nice. In fact, I tried to find out where I can purchase it and found out it was a special wine that is only sold to establishments like Fig and Olive. The bottom line is this..... I had a great evening and would be more than happy to go back again and again!
- Keep coming back for more...LuisVIPDined on 10/13/2014Dined at F&O Meatpacking with 5 colleagues in town on a business trip. Everything was perfect, from drinks at the bar to service and food at the table. All guests were happy with the food options and everyone loved what they chose. Thank you for yet another fabulous culinary and social experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service with good foodWingDined on 10/13/2014Great online booking services. Great beef carpaccio in my life ! Yummy lobster soup too ! Sad no oysters during my stay in NY.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I just loved the restaurant. Service perfect, food a blast, wonderful ambience and decor. Super recommend !! (Eat the truffle croquetes !! )Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchRCostaVIPDined on 10/12/2014Went for an early Sunday brunch. Was a quiet and relaxing meal. Service was great and food was delicious !! The crostinis are amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday Dinner for 2SamRDined on 10/11/2014Fig and Olive is amazing! I took my boyfriend there for his birthday and it was first-class all the way. The restaurant is pricey, but with every penny! Our server, Clara, was great! She was personable, knowledgable, and quick. The food and drinks were pure perfection, especially the dessert! The only con I have is the host staff. We arrived a few minutes early, but they would not seat us until the exact minute of our reservation. Others who walked in after us got seated right away. The ladies were also not very friendly. Otherwise, I highly recommend this restaurant! I can't wait to try the other locations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LilMissGerlynDined on 10/11/2014My go to restaurant in Meatpacking area. I've been to many places to dine in Meatpacking, and This place is one of its kind. Between the food, their wine list, the ambiance, and the service, all it's A-list status. :)Special Features:
- Good but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Love fig and olive as usual. The food is divine, the drinks are amazing. Service was a little slow. Our waiter was all over the place and seemed swamped. The wait usually isn't bad, maybe it was just a busy night.Special Features:
- Great place! Great Food!marora22Dined on 10/11/2014My first time at this place..really good food..great ambiance..good service..food was done right..we told the server about a food allergy and he took special care..will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Just greatLoraceusDined on 10/11/2014wonderful evening where the service was fine. the food wonderful, and the wines great.Special Features:
- Usually great, but not last timeButchcjgVIPDined on 10/10/2014Usually, we love this place and have been several times this year. This past visit was a disappointment. The waiter never brought bread & olive oil :(and he was slow, talked way too much rather than listening, and then forgot about us mid-meal. For a starter, we ordered the fall vegetable sampler - the beets were supposed to have goat cheese, but did not. When we told the waiter, he acted like we were wrong - then looked at the menu, and said, fine, and brought a side of goat cheese. This is fine dining - we want the meal as prepared by the chef, not a wheel of goat cheese on the side. The lobster bisque came barely luke warm - not enjoyable. And my martini was half empty. Very disappointed this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs to be improvedCariceDined on 10/9/2014Fig and Olive is ine of my favorite restaurants. I love the food, ambience and the menu (i love it but, it may not be bad if they add a few new dishes for the frequenters). Service has never been the first best thing, but it was reasonably well. However during my last visit I was quite annoyed. I was with a fruend I have not seen for a long time, so we talked a lot and ate slowly. Somehow the waiters and waitresses tried to rush us all through. While working on my chicken provencal I was asked at least five times if I had finished. In the end I gave up and sent away half eaten plate . I also like the seremony of bringing different olive oils fir tasting. It was skipped. So unfortunate. My guest visiting New York could have enjoyed that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and service!Dot1Dined on 10/7/2014Our waitress Colby was very inattentive but not overbearing. She was very honest about which dishes were here favorite and made excellent recommendations for our appetizers and entrees. They comped our dessert since it was my friends birthday and didn't rush us out or made us feel like we had to leave even though we were there for nearly 3 hours. The ambiance feels special without being stuffy. Love this place.Special Features:
- Loved itms08Dined on 10/6/2014First time here, thoroughly enjoyable evening. All the dishes our table ordered were lovely, although some were a little too heavy on the oil. Service was very friendly and attentive, nice wine list and delicious food, will definitely be going back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014The food was all incredibly over salted, especially the sirloin steak with mushrooms on the side. The mushrooms were hard to eat. The jumbo lump crab and heirloom tomato salad was just a mash of crab and avocado placed carelessly on the plate. For a place that charges customers the way Fig & Olive does, I expect a lot more in the way of presentation. The wine list isn't great; we had to send back our first wine, which we weren't offered to taste first. The jamon Iberico was not worth the price at all. We never skip dessert, but this was a first. We decided to pass because we were so unimpressed with everything else we had ordered. This place seems to be just a name.Special Features:
- Innovative, LushLivesNearbyDined on 10/5/2014The appetizers we had were outstanding - the crostini, the fig and olive salad, the truffle croquettes - what a wonderful mix of lush flavors. My ravioli was pretty innovative, and my husband was more than satisfied with his paella (we went with the pre fixe on a Sunday night). Service was attentive. It's possible to see how the room could get loud and servers overwhelmed, but fortunately we had a great evening.Special Features:
- Great Brunch PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2014F&O has one of the best brunches in the city. Not your usual boring menu. A mixture of pure breakfast items done in exciting fashion together with lunch items as well. The ambience is great but the quality of the ingredients used as well as menu construction is what sets this place apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!FrankPVIPDined on 10/4/2014I've dined at Fig & Olive many times, each time I do, I am always impressed. The vibe, food & service are always exceptional, each visit is better than the next. The filet & lamb chops are divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placetheLJCDined on 10/3/2014We had a great time at fig & olive! Late night (9-10PM) is definitely the time to come. Food is great, ambiance cool, and close to hotels/clubs/etc in Meatpacking to go out with friends aftre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyMelGagliardiDined on 10/3/2014Simply lovely- wonderful food, wonderful ambience, definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidGadgetgirl101VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great service, enjoyable ambience and a kitchen that knows how to prepare a meal. Solid choice to kick back with friends for an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Great place; original menu. Very good service food was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Obsessed!lehungryotterDined on 9/28/2014I went for brunch with my friend. We both ordered the prix fixe, and it was definitely bang for the buck. Quality, beautiful food in a spacious, bright restaurant full of natural light. Great service as well. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Perfect birthdayLalallalalaDined on 9/27/2014Overall the food was good and it was brought quickly however the only minus is that we had to wait about 30 minutes for the table (and I had a reservation)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contrasted placepatBVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food is very good and very well prepared but the service sucks big time. Please do something about it.......
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Keep up the good work, everything was very good, creative and delicious food!Special Features:
- allmotor16vDined on 9/26/2014I have been here numerous times now and never a bad meal or disappointment. I highly recommend the place. My better half and I enjoy our date nights here and all the visiting friends and family I have brought here loved the restaurant. For a party of two I highly recommend the chateaubriand.Special Features:
- They redeem themselves!almin1204VIPDined on 9/26/2014I was happy to go back to Fig & Olive and have a wonderful night! They definitely redeemed themselves from last time I was there and there was a lack with the service. At this time, our waitress was very attentive, cordial and professional. Also, a special thanks to Manager Terence Schweitzer! The food is ALWAYS excellent and consistent! I will go back again in the near future.Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceeatslikeadude94Dined on 9/24/2014The food is great but the service is outstanding. Alex was our waiter and he was very attentive and friendly. He knew the menu very well and could make suggestions. The bartenders were also very attentive without being overbearing, which is a fine line. The food is wonderful. You definitely want to take your time to savor each bite. The atmosphere is open and welcoming. It is surprisingly not a loud environment given the open floor plan. You can hear the people you are dining with without a struggle. The Smith should take some pointers on how to accomplish that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fig & Olive - Never DisappointsRichRomanoVIPDined on 9/20/2014We went to the Fig & Olive for Brunch / lunch on Saturday in the Meat Packing District and yet again, they knock my socks off. We started with a selection of Crostini's and the Cheese Board, which was wonderful, then moved on to the vegetarian quiche and the poached eggs with prosciutto and mushrooms. We also had a side of the truffle and parmesan fries, which are to die for. On the way out, I got my normal olive oils for home as well. Everything is impeccable, from the restaurant, to the service, to the atmosphere, and of course the food. A must go to place in the city.Special Features:
- Pleasantly impressedJADSDined on 9/19/2014The service was awesome and the food was good -- a tad pricy but I guess that's expected with the cost of rent in Manhattan -- overall good spot and very vibrant -- would go back to this location againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Interior - Interesting menuKoopDined on 9/18/2014The restaurant was as described. Light and open interior. We had a glass outside before dinner. A nice and friendly waitress served us a bottle of Sancerre, perfectly chilled. The starters tasted very good, with interesting tastes of herbs from South France. The main course looked fantastic, but it was lacking taste. The desert was very good, but too little on the plate. The desert wine came too late, but it was well worth it. We had a nice evening, thanks.Special Features: