Fig and Olive - Chicago
104 East Oak Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Fig and Olive - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: 312 445 0060x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Wednesday 4pm – 11pm /Crostini Bar till 12am/Bar until 2am
Thurs – Saturday 4pm – 12am / Bar until 2am
Lunch (Monday-Friday) 11am – 4pm
(Lunch starts July 14th 2014)
Brunch (Saturday-Sunday) 11am – 4pm
(Brunch starts July 19th 2014)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Live DJ music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
A word from Fig and Olive - Chicago
FIG & OLIVE extends an olive branch to Chicago with its flagship city location, situated on Oak Street in the premier Gold Coast luxury retail shopping district. Laurent Halasz, the founder of FIG & OLIVE, envisioned an urban space embodying his origins from the South of France, and the 10,000 square foot dining destination features a variety of unique spaces that capture this essence of the French Riviera. With natural limestone and white stucco walls surrounding an open-exhibition kitchen, an expansive lounge and bar, a crostini station, and an open-air garden terrace, this location is perfect for an informal or elegant gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fig and Olive - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Fig and Olive - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
518 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (306)fit for foodies (305)special occasion (249)vibrant bar scene (211)neighborhood gem (177)great for outdoor dining (164)romantic (156)great for lunch (145)good for groups (140)notable wine list (98)great for brunch (78)scenic view (62)late-night find (49)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Fabulous Food, Great VibeLoveygourmetDined on 9/16/2014Saw early reviews and just had to visit when I came to Chicago. Made reservations a month in advance to get in. Quite the scene, very stylish, sleek decor. A few service/food kinks to be worked out. Lamb was too rare when asked for medium. A wine selection was out. Served espresso when asked for capuccino. However, menu was very creative, lots of plates to share, food served at right temperature and the flavor--delicious! Very loud and hard to hear so not the place for romance, but definitely for foodies and the in-crowd. Would love to go back and also visit other locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingChicagoFoodie22VIPDined on 9/16/2014Fresh, delicious and flavorful food but light not too heavy! It was a recommendation from a dear friend! The Crostinis definitely made me excited for my main course and my shrimp and funghi pasta with white truffle was out of this world! My only nit picky thing was we ordered the chocolate soufflé which tasted sinfully good but it was served warm not hot! I expect good soufflé to be hot! I didn't let it ruin a nearly flawless meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and experiencepammy7Dined on 9/16/2014To start, the restaurant is just beautiful inside. Chic and open. We ate on the first floor which was great because you could see that bar area and it felt pretty lively. Our server was helpful and attentive. The wine list is very well thought out with some terrific wines by the glass as well as a really good bottle list. We started with a sampling of crostinis which were all very good. They also give you a 3 olive oil sampler at no charge. None of the oils blew us away, but it's a nice touch. As for entrees - the Branzini filet and the PENNE FUNGHI TARTUFO were both outstanding. The salmon was good. The Chicken tagine was fall off the bone moist, but a little on the sweet side for my taste. All in all a great experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014The service was mediocre and disorganized. Moreover, the wait in the second floor is ridiculous. My friend and I waited 10' before being seated and we were in a hurry. For this reason I wouldn't recommend the place for lunch although the good is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs WorkSJandTheLDined on 9/15/2014I gave it two stars for service because the initial girl at the bar took forever to come around for a drink and there were about 6 people at the bar max. The other male bartender who was hustling noticed and took care of it after a good 10 minutes. Then we got our table and NOBODY came by for literally 30 minutes. Me and my friend haven't seen each other in awhile so we were just chatting away, but we had early morning meetings, starving, thirsty and time was dragging. Finally we saw the same male bartender walk by and got his attention -he took care of it quickly. He was great, but everyone else was clueless.Special Features:
- TrippVIPDined on 9/15/2014Really enjoyed the food. We'll be returning. Our server was one of the best we've had in a longtimeSpecial Features:
- Missed ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014I had heard such wonderful things that I was looking forward to a delicious meal (as were my local clients). Each of us was disappointed with the food and lack of a "wow" factor for any of the options we ordered. The presentation was always wonderful, but the food was steps behind. The rosemary dish sounded amazing and ended up tasting too smokey that none of the other flavors came through. The branzino wasn't terrible, but it too fell short of my expectations. The scallops in the risotto dish were one of the redeeming items from the evening, but the risotto didn't shine. Overall, the experience and dinner wasn't horrible, however I wouldn't recommend or return to this restaurant. For the price, there are far better options.
- The Fig & Olive - EXCELLENT!Evelock411Dined on 9/14/2014We dined at The Fig & Olive Sunday September 14th and thoroughly enjoyed every moment, every bite and every sip! The service was exceptional as well. After purchasing a bottle of olive oil, our server was kind enough to bring over a sample tasting of it. Delicious! We HIGHLY recommend this fabulous new restaurant.Special Features:
- Lack of service.......FoodsmythingVIPDined on 9/13/20148:45pm dinner reservations, after 4 trips to the hostess stand, and being told that "we are just waiting for a few tables to finish up" we were finally seated at 10pm!!!! Not ONCE were we approached by the management! We were brought appetizers to our table compliments of the waiter/restaurant. Honestly the entire meal should have been free. We ate here when the restaurant first opened and had a wonderful experience. Unfortunately this time it was not. Hard to compliment the food when you're finally eating at 10:30pm. Such a disappointment!!!Special Features:
- Great new place!cannejohnsonVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great new restaurant. Wide variety of items on the menu... all very good you could eat as heavy or light as you want. Lovely atmosphere. Decorated beautifully. We'll certainly be back.Special Features:
- Girls shopping trip.eatwellinchicagoDined on 9/12/2014Made reservations ahead of time. Paced our shopping on Michigan Ave. to be at Fig and Olive for lunch. It was a great experience for us and we are recommending to all our girlfriends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oak St. GemBittyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Beautiful look, beautiful people, great good; what more could you ask for? A little pricey but the food is delicious. I'll definitely be back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014Food is very fresh and excellent the crostini are outstanding manchego with almonds, truffle mushroom, shrimp avacado all delie cous and distinct tastes. The manager down to the wait staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. Love that they opened in chicago!!Special Features:
- MommVIPDined on 9/11/2014Service was very slow and somewhat unattentive. Food is good. Hot spotSpecial Features:
- Eating your GardenbummedDined on 9/9/2014I have dined many times at Fig& Olive and I have to say this was the first time I did not love it! My server was never to be found and my entree was just ok. I had the Lobster salad. The Lobster was good not great and the salad underneath was lacking flavor and I felt like they gave me the whole garden of arugula. I really thought there would be other greens in this salad. My Ice tea refill was cloudy that was strange. No one change it until I called over for some service. I have to say I was disappointed for the first time. I think I will give Fig and Olive a rest for a little while.Special Features:
- Hot listBonanaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Beautiful spot. Check in very comfortable couch seating. Waited 25 minutes for table although no beverage service offered beforehand. Very unorganized. No followup for manager visit as was suggested by hostess. Appetizer excellent. Lunch entree was less than stellar. Service short staffed so it was not possible to correct situation of unacceptable food.
- Lovely atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Great dining and bar area. Staff very warm and friendly. Yummy food options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentSFLADYVIPDined on 9/8/2014Very nice menu. I am a vegetarian - there were many interesting options for me. But if you are not a vegetarian, don't worry, there are even more wonderful dishes on the menu. We sat on the patio which is on the third floor which was wonderful - although the indoor area looked very nice too. The food was excellent. The service was nice. Will definitely go again next time I am in Chicago.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/7/2014Food was overrated. Mashed potatoes side dish was dry.
- PretentiousgbandccVIPDined on 9/7/2014General feeling was that the restaurant was 'cold'. Not particularly welcoming. Might be the Oak St address.. Didn't live up to it's hype for me. Food was good with some innovation. Wine by the glass very limited and not inspiring.Special Features:
- Excellent first visit.LainieDined on 9/7/2014First time to this place. Loved the location comfortable furniture to have a drink with a nice view, outstanding food choices but I will have to go back to try more wonderful things. I also want to go to the NYC location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedChiGuyVIPDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant came highly recommended, but fell short of all of our expectations. We had a reservation, yet we were seated in a table right across from the kitchen...a very heavy traffic area for servers and arriving customers. We waited 10 minutes before anyone waited on us, and only after I asked someone to please locate our server. The food was good, except for my white fish that was not cooked thoroughly and I had to send it back. The additional cooking worked, but really took away from the dish. So, needless-to-say we were disappointed with our visit to this restaurant....which by the way is not inexpensive!
- Anticipation did not meet realityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Upon walking into the restaurant, one is impressed with the decor and ambiance of the restaurant however that is where the highlights ended for my party. Our waiter extensively walked us through the menu, which was nice, but at no time asked us for our drink order. We had to ask him. A member of our party requested a dirty martini which was made incorrectly (one of the easiest drinks to make). Our food was mediocre at best, I had ordered the penne pasta with chicken. The chicken served on the penne was so dry, it was inedible and was akin to eating sawdust. Others food in our group was uninspiring and unexceptional as well. With so many great restaurants in Chicago, I would skip this one.
- Prepare to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant is beautiful--reminds me of LA. Food is excellent. Where it needs work is seating people. We waited an hour past our reservation to be seated on a Saturday evening. Blame was put on people sitting too long and NY handles their reservations. This can't be much different from other local restaurants and I have not experienced a wait like this. I heard from a friend that they experienced the same thing. Fortunately, we had a wonderful time once we were seated. But we won't be back until they figure out how to seat people on time or close to it.Special Features:
- Excellent choices!!patti34Dined on 9/6/2014Read all the reviews regarding spotty service, but we were very fortunate to have Adam as our waiter. He was attentive, informative - always seemed to know when we wanted him. Excellent choices in food. Great presentations. We were seated near the open kitchen and the aromas were to die for. We will go back. BUT----we waited 45 minutes for the valet to bring our car back. Where does the valet service park these cars?Special Features:
- Lovely interior designfashionableVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had a casual lunch with a group of friends on a Saturday. Though we had our choice of the second or third floors, we opted to stay on two since it was quieter to talk rather than the vibrant scene on the third floor. Food was interesting and everyone was happy with their choices from crostini to salads and pannini. Service was really outstanding which may have been because the third floor seems to be where the action is and much more noisy--for ladies wanting to talk, the second floor was just right. Our waiter was attentive and we never had to look around for attention. Definitely will go back many times I'm sure. If you like Luxe Bar, you'll like the much more upscale Fig and Olive.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!foodieMIVIPDined on 9/5/2014The service was amazing. Our waiter was great at checking in and making recommendations. Food was all excellent and came out in a timely manner. I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Service ruins allJc62VIPDined on 9/5/2014Went for a celebratory lunch for my mom. The atmosphere was beautiful and it all went downhill from there. The service was horrible!! Our waitress did not even acknowledge our table for 30 mins. When we placed the order, we ordered everything from appetizers to salad to drinks and entrees. Our salad came with the appetizers and before finishing, our entree arrived. While juggling all the plates, we still did not have our drinks. The only person we could find was the busboy who brought our salad dressing And bread after the meal was done. We had to as the busboy to find our server I order to pay the check. Too bad. Our meal too over 21/2 hours for 2 people. Good food but bad service. Not going back since chicago has other great places to eatSpecial Features:
- FIG AND OLIVE CULINARY WELLSPRINGculinarianVIPDined on 9/5/2014Wonderfully stylish, light and bright ambiance, dining terrace to die for, the best servers in the city and a menu that is thoughtful, innovative and evocative of the south of France and Ligurian coast. Nothing but praise for Chicago's newest culinary wellspring.Special Features:
- A truly great experiencefltdixonDined on 9/4/2014The atmosphere and service was wonderful and the food was even better. We will go back.Special Features:
- September LunchWinesellerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Lovely spot with a great vibe and a very open and bright dining room/bar combo. Noise very manageable at lunch - would most likely be quite a din in the evening, as there really are not any soft surfaces. Great lunch menu with many options. Decent wine list plus creative cocktails. Our server seemed untrained -served from wrong side every time.Special Features:
- DisappointedAjeeVIPDined on 9/3/2014I took my friend for her birthday(which the server never acknowledged) and we were both disappointed. Food was very average. Would go back for appetizers, but our advice, skip the main courses.Special Features:
- Fig and OliveAgnes04VIPDined on 9/3/2014Lunch was excellent...we were welcome even without a reservation. Service was on point...and they were super busy. Food was very, very good. Will definitely be back for dinner.Special Features:
- FIG & OLIVE BRUNCH EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I went for brunch with my girl friends and we just had a great time, the server was the best ever & it's a beautiful place, inside and outside! Can't wait to be there again!Special Features:
- Birthday TreatRoseyVIPDined on 9/2/2014Fig and Olive is beautiful, perfectly decorated and designed and I really enjoyed the food. However service was lacking. It's never a good thing to be on your third glass of water before the martini you ordered arrives. We also had to ask one of the water servers if he could find our server to order drink number 2. It seemed like this was a common problem as many tables around us were also looking around for service as they were forgotten as well. We dined on a Tuesday night so the restaurant was not very busy. The food is very pricey which was expected, but I'd rather pay the large tab for excellent service somewhere else.Special Features:
- Great food!born2eatVIPDined on 9/2/2014The restaurant has a very relaxing environment for our special occasion (birthday). The fish we ordered was very tender and fresh and the staff very attentive. Great dining experience!Special Features:
- A five star finddining4Dined on 9/1/2014This is a must go restaurant! The food is absolutely delicious. The octopus appetizer is amazing. The sea bass is the best I've ever had; we dine out at least three times a week. The cheesecake cream dessert was something you dream about. The ambiance was sleek, clean and modern. One drawback was the loud house music. I love this place. It's now on my number one list.Special Features:
- Love at first sight!ChicagoJalsDined on 9/1/2014Amazing ambiance, great food, and wonderful service! Also, has a great outdoor space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineoutVIPDined on 9/1/2014Fig and Olive has two beautiful floors of seating. The food is fantastic, and our waiter, Mason, was perfect. This is another great addition to Chicago's dining options!Special Features:
- We will be backBillVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had anticipated our visit since first reading about the opening in the Tribune. We were not disappointed. Although we arrived a little early, our table was ready on the patio. The evening was very enjoyable with great food. The only drawback was a mediocre server. She was not very attentive and failed to offer the bread with three olive oils. We only know about it by watching the other server outside. Beware, liquor prices are high.Special Features: