Fig and Olive - Chicago
104 East Oak Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Fig and Olive - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: 312 445 0060x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Wednesday 4pm – 11pm /Crostini Bar till 12am/Bar until 2am
Thurs – Saturday 4pm – 12am / Bar until 2am
Lunch (Monday-Friday) 11am – 4pm
(Lunch starts July 14th 2014)
Brunch (Saturday-Sunday) 11am – 4pm
(Brunch starts July 19th 2014)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Live DJ music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
A word from Fig and Olive - Chicago
FIG & OLIVE extends an olive branch to Chicago with its flagship city location, situated on Oak Street in the premier Gold Coast luxury retail shopping district. Laurent Halasz, the founder of FIG & OLIVE, envisioned an urban space embodying his origins from the South of France, and the 10,000 square foot dining destination features a variety of unique spaces that capture this essence of the French Riviera. With natural limestone and white stucco walls surrounding an open-exhibition kitchen, an expansive lounge and bar, a crostini station, and an open-air garden terrace, this location is perfect for an informal or elegant gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fig and Olive - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Fig and Olive - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
703 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (427)hot spot (416)special occasion (342)vibrant bar scene (277)neighborhood gem (242)romantic (207)great for lunch (199)great for outdoor dining (194)good for groups (188)notable wine list (136)great for brunch (108)scenic view (87)late-night find (60)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Good food, just don't go early!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Dining was very good, but the bar is poorly designed, very few lounge seats with couples taking up 4-tops, could easily be more accommodating with better seating. Be prepared to stand and wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantLynnVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service! Never disappoints time and time again! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for the foodCynicCriticVIPDined on 10/15/2014This was our first visit. We were really excited by the cool vibe and decor and the vibrant bar scene. Our waiter couldn't be nicer and really took good care of us. We had 3 of the Crostini - they were good but not at all great and 3 small pieces for 21$ was really expensive. One of us had the tuna crudo which was good except it was sprinkled with walnuts. I had the fig and gorgonzola tart-OK, but the prosciutto was sliced too thick and one had the penne with mushrooms which looked and smelled great but was really oily. I think this will be a great place to have a drink or a snack in the lounge but I don't think I'd be back for a real meal.Special Features:
- Weird serviceStreetervilleFoodieDined on 10/15/2014We ordered from the tapas menu and all of our food came out at once. The waiter apologized and said he would re-fire our entrees. It was weird.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch on Oak St.BubbieDined on 10/15/2014I had the seafood salad and my husband had the burger. They were all delicious. Our server was very attentive. I enjoyed the Pino Grigio (the least expensive on the menu and well worth it at $8). Overall, a very good choice for a lovely lunch with family and/or friends. The couple next to us were having a romantic time so that works too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a very nice time!VinceOVIPDined on 10/14/2014Went for our anniversary. Everything was perfect. Although only had reservation for 2, they accommodated my daughter to dine with us at a nice table. Very diverse and interesting menu. Want to come back and try some different dishes. A place to see and be seen. Just a neat place.Special Features:
- A Lovey SpaceRugbyMomDined on 10/14/2014This is such a pretty space, it is worth going just because it feels so good. Bright, spacious and mood-elevating even on the rainy day I was there. The menu is large and must have something for everyone--although many items are quite pricy, there are sandwiches and a prix fixe that is a good value. The food was very good and very pretty, but not more so than other restaurants of this caliber. Our waiter was perfect. I would most definitely recommend it to friends. The whole experience is just fun and happy.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Great food, great ambiance! Wonderful addition to the Chicago dining scene!Special Features:
- Our second visitBillVIPDined on 10/12/2014After having dinner at Fig and alive, we ventured back into the city Sunday for brunch. Even though the crowds from the Marathon blocked Michigan Avenue, we were not disappointed in our brunch. Bright fall sun beamed into the white room giving the atmosphere a lot of warmth. The crab cake Benedict was outstanding and the the salmon burger. Of course, the wine was great too. We live an hour outside the city, but Fig and Olive always come to mind when we venture in.Special Features:
- very pleasedmadisonxibisDined on 10/12/2014The Sunday brunch menu is one of the best I've seen, with beautiful and creative choices for my vegetarian guest. The food was fresh, perfectly prepared and attractively plated. Portions were generous. Service was excellent (attentive and not intrusive), and our server was very well informed. I had asked for a quiet table and although there are really no quiet corners in the place, we were seated on the upper level and the noise level was bearable. I would definitely return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the time/moneyFoodieJKVIPDined on 10/11/2014If you want a delicious meal in a beautiful room... that has techno-pop blaring at an 11 (for all of your Spinal Tap fans) then Fig & Olive is for you. Fig & Olive is not for me, however. While the food was amazing, my friend and I could barely hear each other. We were seated at 7:45pm on Saturday night and promptly at 8pm, the music was cranked up. We felt like we were at a European disco at 3am. When we asked the server if the music could be turned back down to normal levels, he sheepishly said he would ask, but "the owner likes it like this." Wrong answer. No wonder the service/ambiance at this spot continues to get hammered. Too many great restaurants in this town to revisit Fig & Olive.Special Features:
- excellent food, great atmosphereleezeeDined on 10/11/2014I would definitely recommend. Go early for dinner if you want a quiet meal; the energy and noise level definitely rises after 8:00 or so.Special Features:
- Good, could be great, food.NVChuckVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great service and ambience. Starters outstanding. Penne pasta needed more flavor; added chicken had no flavor. Very flavorful truffle risotto was weakened by that same flavorless chicken. We'd go back again. The kitchen just needs a few tweaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!GoodEats2Dined on 10/11/2014This was my second time at Fig and Olive. Both times were for lunch. The food was excellent! Our waitperson could not have been more attentive. She was there when we needed her and not hovering when we didn't. Exactly what you want in a waitperson. I had a house salad with bib lettuce, dressed perfectly and the grilled thyme chicken which also had a spinach salad my lunch companions had the lobster roll and the veggie bruschetta and they both enjoyed their choices. One small issue, one person order a beer from the listed choices that was not in stock.The waitperson recommended another, that he was very happy with but had really wanted to try his first choice. Overall a great dining option! I have already recommended F+O to friends & family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kateDined on 10/11/2014Everything was delicious! There are so many incredible pairings and items on the menu that choosing just a few was the hardest part!Special Features:
- LunchmccoyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Fabulous as usual. Prefer female waiters, too much conversation with males and some are not as attentive.Special Features:
- Relaxed yet elegant. Sensational.MglMslDined on 10/10/2014Vibrant elegant upscale meeting place. Amazing food, service and drink. Best location, view, comfort. Oh and did I say the food and drink - is Amazing!!! The place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant experienceLilBitDined on 10/9/2014Lovely restaurant with plenty of delectable bites to choose from. If you want something light or more filling great place. Friendly staff. Amazing olive oil selection. The upstairs is a bit quieter than the bar/lounge which one would expect, but nice nonetheless. We were there celebrating a birthday (which we told them about in advance), but they didn't do anything special-just an FYI. One of our guests had a garlic allergy which I called in beforehand-nothing was mentioned by our waiter. Usually at finer restaurants like this, the waiter knows about it if we've called in advance and makes recommendations to avoid the garlic or the chef will specially prepare something with little or no garlic. Not a big deal, but something we noted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated Yet ComfortableGolfcycleswimVIPDined on 10/8/2014A great addition to the Chicago restaurant scene! A welcome respite from the river North vortex. And was sophisticated yet casual while the food was inventive, flavorful, and unique. It's tipping point is the exceptional service from the hostessto the waitstaff. I must on your weekend list of places to go and one that will have legs to run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - aloof staffFoodieDined on 10/7/2014The food is great and this is a lively place. There was an event there that night, and if you weren't part of the group of people who were with the earlier event (upstairs), we weren't worth the attention. It seemed that they were doted on, and we got just enough attention to not be bad, but not outstanding. It was service in which they come by and ask what you would like and that was about it.Special Features:
- great atmospherenancyVIPDined on 10/7/2014great atmosphere but the cost is not consistent with the quality of the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Small PlatesMichaelDined on 10/5/2014We started off with the Prosciutto, Crab, and Burrata crostini's which were delicious. We also had the scallops and beef carpaccio - the scallops were cooked perfectly and had great flavor but I couldn't taste the beef in the carpaccio. While the balsamic, tomato, and parmesan were delicious, overall I think the dish fell a bit flat. For our main courses, we ordered the fettuccine shrimp marscarpone and the lobster risotto. The pasta was rich, colorful, and delicious, but the risotto was a disappointment. It was flavorful, but the rice was under cooked. Our waitress was wonderful and very helpful navigating the menu as we had never been there before. Maybe I just ordered the wrong things, but I would still try it again at some point.Special Features:
- Fig & Olive - FabulousFoodie4EverDined on 10/5/2014We went to Fig & Olive for a celebratory dinner. Having a Sunday 5pm reservation was not ideal, but the ambiance, service and food was excellent. Will be back and recommend it to everyone looking for a terrific dining experience.Special Features:
- Not recommended for food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The ambiance is great. The food was terribal, precooked, not Chicago quality may be comparable with Mc Donald's. Service was terrible and they are not trained.Special Features:
- Great night outUrbanfoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Had heard great things about fig and olive, and the placed lived up to its reputation. Beautiful bar and seating area. The food was good though we did have to send the risotto back due to being undercooked. The server was very gracious about replacing it and brought a salad to munch on while waiting. Specialty srinks were very good but had to send back an Old fashioned for being poorly made. Overall a great experience with only a few flaws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and locationWilsonVIPDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant is a great addition to Michigan Ave. Interesting menu and something for everyone.Special Features:
- OK, but not great......AbcdVIPDined on 10/4/2014We wanted to love this new restaurant in the neighborhood, but it's hard to. Obnoxious, egotistical service, very loud music, a wonderful menu, and very good food. There is an attitude here that I don't like, but the food was very good.
- Amazing ExperiencejreeseDined on 10/3/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary and was immediately impressed with the atmosphere when we walked into the restaurant. The staff was extremely welcoming and we were seated quickly. Our waiter, Alex, did a great job keeping an eye on our drinks for refills and did a fantastic job recommending a cabernet sauvignon for my wife. The food here was out of this world and the portions were just right. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never ending tastesDrCansecoDined on 10/3/2014The different flavors they just keep appearing as you stride into your next bite. At the end you have a powerful but pleasant endingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!cannejohnsonVIPDined on 10/3/2014Fig & Olive really has a lovely, extensive menu. They have a wonderful variety of fish and chicken/meat dishes. Great places for groups or visitors because there is such a variety. Really good appetizers. And the Apple Tart is wonderful!Special Features:
- best mealCOBALTDined on 10/2/2014one of the best meals I have had in at least 5 years.Special Features:
- Best oysters I've ever hadladybunnyDined on 10/2/2014We stuck to seafood on our trip to Fig and Olive: oysters, lobster risotto, seafood paella, and bouillabaisse with a creme brûlée dessert. Nothing disappointed. Everything was outstanding. The oysters were the best I've ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful placeFoodVIPDined on 10/2/2014There is so much two choose from in the starters and appetizers that one could make a lovely meal without even ordering an entree. They had oysters, crostini, carpaccio, burrata, and so much more. Their truffle balls are orgasmic! Everything we tried was delicious. In fact, I'm going back next week! The space is light and airy bc of the skylight atrium in the middle of the space. The tree top views out the window also add a sense of being outdoors. The one and only complaint was the pace of bringing dishes. Initially it was too quick. They slowed it down eventually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/1/2014Had a fantastic evening from start to finish : ) Food and service were excellent and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable spotcfklobucar22VIPDined on 10/1/2014I chose this restaurant on recommendation from a friend, and I was delighted as well with the experience. First of all, the decor is stunning. It is an oasis in the middle of the city (actually Oak St.). For lunch, you are led upstairs to a beautiful dining room filled with sunshine because of a huge glass skylight. There was a mix of business people meeting and girlfriend lunches. The food was great and so was the service. We were not rushed, and we wound up staying 2 hours. Will return.Special Features:
- Amazing food and atmosphere!djnathanVIPDined on 9/30/2014Everything we tasted was simply amazing…and I cannot wait to go back and sample other items. The truffle mushromm croquettes are a MUST get. Service is a little lacking…but the food and setting more than make up for it. Go check it out!Special Features:
- Great food! Great waiter (Nik)!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/30/2014Reserved via Open Table and dined on Sept. 30, 2014, at 5:45pm (party of 4). There was a brief intermission while Chicago Fire responded to a "Rosemary Burn"! All ended well. But.... Fig & Olive didn't notify OpenTable that we met our reservation time. So OpenTable threatened to not accept our reservations in the future. When I called Fig & Olive, they said, "You have to call OpenTable; Fig & Olive is not on their system." ? Oh! Great food though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots More Than Figs & OlivesJudeDined on 9/30/2014Thought this restaurant was great. Love the decor and ambiance - light and lively. The food choices are excellent and delicious. Only downside was I felt some of the items were priced a bit high if you are looking for a glass of wine and light meal - however, I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wnderful ExperiancedworldDined on 9/28/2014First time at this restaurant and had a wonderful meal, we will return. Food was excellent and service very good, perhaps a bit slow at the end but we simply lingered and talked. Server was very knowledgeable and helpful with selections. Everything arrived at a very good pace for a relaxing time.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience Despite...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Restaurant is awesome Highly recommend -Classy/sophisticated atmosphere Diverse Menu. Food is very very good. Waiter was outstanding - he knew the food& was extremely informative and attentive. However, my date ordered the Filet Mignon prepared medium &the Chef burned it Charred Black/dry-it had to be sent back. Waiter saved the meal though. Apologized quickly but sincerely& removed the plate no question. After a few awkward minutes(the other 3 people at the table have plates in front of them getting cold because well, you can not eat while someone at the table has nothing in front of them.) The waiter brought her a salad so we could all begin to eat. Honestly, the second steak was PERFECT,but it did take a little too long to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.