34 East Broadway
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefifth-season.com/
- Phone: (631) 477-8500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: Beginning at 5:00pm Year Round (Closed Mondays September 6-May 24)
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm May 24-September 4
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm Year Round
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Erik Orlowski & John Urbinati
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater both on-premise and off-premise events.
- Private Party Facilities: A Private Party room with a waterview of Port Jefferson Sound is available for up to 40 people. A Private Party Room with a fireplace is available for up to 75 people. A Private Party Room for the handicap accessible is available for up to 30 people. A Private Party Option for up to 110 people is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Jeniffer Orlowski 6314778500x
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings and during the summer on Saturday and Sunday afternoons on our outdoor patio or upstairs in our waterview lounge.
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $31 to $50
- Special Events: A Brunch Prix-Fixe is offered every Sunday from 11am-4pm for $19pp +tax + gratuity (includes a complimentary bloody mary or mimosa).
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-7pm features select American wines, beers and well drinks for $5. A special food menu is also available for $5. Thursday & Friday Happy Hours feature live music on our outdoor patio or upstairs in our waterview lounge.
- Cross Street: Mariners Way
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is metered parking available directly next to the restaurant from 10:00am to 10:00pm. Please present your metered ticket to your server for validation and we will gladly discount your check up to 4 hours. Please note the Metered Parking is suspended November-March each year.
A word from Fifth Season
Local farms and waters are the inspiration for this New American restaurant that focuses on preparing menus using ingredients that change with each season. American microbrews and wines are carefully selected to pair with each dish our chefs create. Enjoy our House-Infused Artisanal Cocktails made with seasonal purees and fresh squeezed juices while overlooking the Long Island Sound on either the outdoor patio, upstairs seating or cozy lounge. Established in 2004 in Greenport, this Zagat top-rated restaurant for both food and service moved in Spring 2008 to Port Jefferson harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Fifth Season - Best Restaurants in Port Jefferson ›
Fifth Season reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (53)romantic (47)scenic view (39)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (38)great for brunch (22)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (19)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Terrific service...terrible foodBarbVIPDined on 11/19/2014We went to this restaurant to celebrate our son's birthday. The atmosphere was really lovely. The service was excellent. The waiter was extremely attentive at the right times. Unfortunately the food was not very good at all. Not impressed.
- Good enough to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I went during restaurant week, which is usually not a great week. We found there menu had good choices with good options for al lacart choices. The food was very good, service was very good. My only complaint was the atmosphere upstairs is a little cold, but during the day time probably has a nice view of the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBrandonDined on 11/7/2014We went to Fifth season for restaurant week. The food was excellent, the wait staff was friendly and attentive, and the menu had suggested drink pairings, which is a nice touch.Special Features:
- A great experienceCoatlieDined on 11/7/2014What a wonderful meal we had this past Friday! The waiter Mark was outstanding and his personality only added to our experience at this restaurant. The food was superb. Our only complaint is the closeness of the seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food never disappoints!KristinDined on 11/7/2014Went for dinner during restaurant week. My meal was incredible. The service is always wonderful. I always look forward to going to the fifth season with my friends. The food is so fresh and beautiful. I am looking forward to returning again soon. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- disappointedluv2dineDined on 11/7/2014Bread and spread on table was tasteless; calamari in merlot with kale sounded tasty but was only fair. Gnocchi was overcooked, but filet mignon was excellent and the highlight of the three courses. Server promised to have us out in time for a 7 PM show at Staller Center but brought the check over AT 7.
- Restaurant week will returnOutandaboutDined on 11/6/2014Lovely upstairs dining...perfect for any occasion...romantic, family, and group friendly. Food fit for foodies..rare find in PJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week gemThegreengigglerDined on 11/6/2014I was looking for a restaurant that was in a nice area and would be romantic. Man did I hit the jack pot! Fifth season had some of the most delicious food I've ever had! The portions were more than generous, there were plenty of choice for each course. There was even a restaurant week alcohol list. I would go back in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!!!SalineDined on 11/5/2014My husband and I loved our whole meal! Great date night with great food!!! We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCHEFTERRACCIANODined on 11/4/2014Great food, great service, very friendly. The price fix menu for restaurant week was perfect & great selection to choose from.Special Features:
- FineDinerDined on 11/4/2014Good ambiance, good food, great servicee, but you dropped the ball with the dessert. You should hire a pastry chef, for fine dining prices the customers expect more than store bought desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014This restaurant never fails to impress!! The food is fabulous, delicious, beautifully prepared, locally grown and seasonal!! The service is always impeccable and the ambiance is lovely! Love Fifth Season! Still my favorite restaurant! :)Special Features:
- Great meal, great eveningguitarpickerDined on 11/4/2014This is a great spot for creatively prepared farm-to-table-fresh food. I dined here twice in the last 2 weeks. First with my daughter then with my wife. Both meals were wonderful as was the service. Nice, well-trained staff.Special Features:
- I love Restaurant Week!!Namaste1974Dined on 11/4/2014As always The Fifth Season does not disappoints. :-) The pumpkin martini is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorkVIPDined on 10/28/2014I eat here so often it's almost like a second home. but despite the familiarity, the chef always has some surprises. And this winter it's a tomato soup like no other you've tasted (mixed in are fennel, prosciutto chips and chive oil and I know not what else, but it's beautiful). Definitely worth a detour to come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentLivtoeatDined on 10/26/2014The food at this restaurant is consistently excellent. The menu is varied and provides an excellent selection for all tastes. In addition, the service is friendly and not overdone; meaning helpful but not omnipresent.Special Features:
- As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014As always The 5th season delivers excellent service, amazing drink selections, beautifully plated food and dessert was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal. The braised calamari, roasted chicken and pumpkin cheesecake were one more amazing than the next. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience3MusketeersDined on 10/18/2014Truly outstanding food in a pleasant room with good service. The chef introduces creative spicing and pairing without losing those aspects which make comfort food so beloved. Two examples from our latest visit were strudel stuffed with duck confit and butternut squash, and short ribs with pastrami spicing served with mustard spaetzle. The upstairs dining room is quieter and the downstairs more lively. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The Service is very fast. The Food is amazing and the bar inside is allso great. Go there Look and eat yourself.Special Features:
- ExcellentTONYSACDined on 10/18/2014Food was excellent all around. Kobe beef burger was the best burger our friends said they ever had. My wife and I had the apple parsnip soup, duck confit, scallops and filet mignon and were all cooked to perfection. We are looking forward to going back to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great findlovebirdsDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed an anniversary meal here on a Saturday night. The prix-fix were not available due to it being a Saturday night, however the menu was full of variety and choice. We enjoyed the local wine selections too. A relaxed and warm atmosphere with great local cuisines. Very tasty! We look forward to returning!Special Features:
- AwesomeLFBIVDined on 10/10/2014we went here for our first wedding anniversary and were pleasantly surprised. The menu looked great, but the execution of it put this place over the top. The food was absolutely amazing and somehow the service exceeded that. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISSATISFIEDEdwardDined on 10/3/2014After our usual enjoyment and satisfaction of being at Fifth Season over the years, my wife and I was never so dissatisfied with the food!! Thinking we were going to sit down and have just a nice birthday dinner which turned out to be so disappointing. We were so shocked to have to send my food back twice. Once it wasn't cooked enought and second time they forgot part of the order. We had to ask to fill our water glasses since they only filled them once when we sat down. The noise level was rediculous. It was so loud we couldn't a descent conversation... W e were just so dissappointed that evening!! I would like to convey this complaint to the manager...Thank you....
- Great fish!luvpjVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been here a number of times. This past Friday, my family and I really enjoyed the fish. One was the striped bass special and the other was the salmon which was on the printed menu. Each of us commented separately and unsolicited on how fresh and uniquely prepared each was. Would totally recommend!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful....ElegantcoolDined on 9/26/2014Located in the beautiful town of Port Jefferson, this restaurant has it all! The service is terrific, the food always amazes ( the fried brie and cauliflower salad blew me away!), and the ambiance is peaceful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New autumn menuPJWalkerDined on 9/21/2014The grilled salmon with roasted beets was fabulous. Every bite a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fifth Season..for any seasonfoodyK12Dined on 9/19/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants on Long Islands. Eclectic cuisine, great service, fantastic ambiance. The food is local and carefully prepared. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- I wanted to like itSilverSurferDined on 9/19/2014Staff was slightly indifferent, food that I ordered was very average and we were there entirely too long. Not by choice.. Even while we were waiting for our table at the bar I had to practically beg for a second round of drinks. Mind you there were only a handful of people there at the time so it wasn't because the were super busy. The bartender was chatting with one of his coworkers for much of the time. I think they live on recommendations circulating from a dining experience in the past. Disappointed..
- DisappointedSelectiveDined on 9/16/2014I found Fifth Season way overrated. Its decor is very tired -- acoustical ceiling tiles, shabby dated vertical blinds that sectioned off the front room for a private party. The main dining room on the second floor doesn't have a bathroom, so you have to go downstairs to use the only one this restaurant has. The ginger cocktail I had was all sugar and syrup and practically no vodka. The duck was limp, the pancake it was served with was very unappetizing. I would not return.
- sickDined on 9/13/2014Noise level on a Sat night was high. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- nice restaurantluvstoeatoutDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was nice, food was good, not the best I have ever had but good. Bar area was nice, a bit pricey. I would go back.Special Features:
- Just Lovely!MellieRose17Dined on 9/7/2014Atmosphere is awesome! My husband and I sat outside on a 70 degree evening watching the sunset... It was a perfect location. The food was great. My salmon was slightly over cooked. My husband didn't like the fact that they served fries with a NY Strip. He thought it would have been better paired with potatoes and veggies (especially for the price!!). The staff and service were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDJSchnDined on 9/6/2014The food is fantastic here and the servers are very attentive. I had the pork belly and homemade gnocchi and it was absolutely fantastic. The gnocchi was exactly what you desire - melts in your mouth and not too doughy or tough. Waiter was knowledgeable about all of the dishes and was able to answer all of my questions and even made wine suggestions. This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and I am even more satisfied the second time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankVIPDined on 9/2/2014Professional service and very good food albeit at high prices.Special Features:
- Another Real Good Meal HereMarkDined on 8/30/2014Went Saturday 8/30, Labor Day weekend. Had no trouble getting a table upstairs where we wanted to be with a view of the Port Jeff Marina. Food is always real good. Our server was OK and there was nothing to complain about. Had a drink at bar upstairs before meal and bartender made an awesome Petron Margarita. All was very well as always.Special Features:
- Not on waterdinner234Dined on 8/30/2014From the description, I thought this was a restaurant on the water but it was across the street without even a water view. Food was very good and fresh. Upon arriving, the young man who first checked us in was very helpful because the parking meter system in Port Jefferson will prevent us from ever returning to the area for dinner.Special Features:
- just oktruthNdineDined on 8/30/2014Reviewed the menu prior to going and was looking forward to the meal but was disappointed in the actual items such a the lobster strudel and the Scottish salmon which tasted just like the farmed salmon I get at the fish market.Special Features:
- Delicious and funkathyDined on 8/30/2014Four of us went to the Fifth Season for dinner on a Saturday night by the harbor and we loved it. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and professional. The music on the porch was top notch and we had an excellent time. Was pricey but that is Port Jefferson in the summer.. recommend reserving a table.. saw a long line of people that didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJohnandAnnVIPDined on 8/29/2014Frequent diners. Usually great , last 2 visits Very poor service. Same server. Ruined our experience. Hope she is re trained or removed.
- Perfect Impromptu ExperienceellihuschVIPDined on 8/29/2014Impromptu lunch-Seated outside -Perfect Ambiance -People watching-Overlooking E main Street- Service was friendly/timely and always watchful but never intrusive- Kobe Beef Burger w/lettuce,red onion, pickle served on toasted Brioche Bun-prepared exactly as ordered(perfection!!)Absolutely delicious "YUM" -Grilled natural chicken club,heirloom tomato,bacon,romaine served on toasted baguette-Delicious Aroma & taste-both served with side salads-crisp & freshly prepared- Total dining experience-highly recommend & cannot wait to return for another dining delight-Compliments to the Chef!!Special Features: