34 East Broadway
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefifth-season.com/
- Phone: 6314778500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: Beginning at 5:00pm Year Round (Closed Mondays September 6-May 24)
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm May 24-September 4
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm Year Round
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Erik Orlowski & John Urbinati
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater both on-premise and off-premise events.
- Private Party Facilities: A Private Party room with a waterview of Port Jefferson Sound is available for up to 40 people. A Private Party Room with a fireplace is available for up to 75 people. A Private Party Room for the handicap accessible is available for up to 30 people. A Private Party Option for up to 110 people is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Jeniffer Orlowski 6314778500x
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings and during the summer on Saturday and Sunday afternoons on our outdoor patio or upstairs in our waterview lounge.
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $31 to $50
- Special Events: A Brunch Prix-Fixe is offered every Sunday from 11am-4pm for $19pp +tax + gratuity (includes a complimentary bloody mary or mimosa).
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-7pm features select American wines, beers and well drinks for $5. A special food menu is also available for $5. Thursday & Friday Happy Hours feature live music on our outdoor patio or upstairs in our waterview lounge.
- Cross Street: Mariners Way
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is metered parking available directly next to the restaurant from 10:00am to 10:00pm. Please present your metered ticket to your server for validation and we will gladly discount your check up to 4 hours. Please note the Metered Parking is suspended November-March each year.
A word from Fifth Season
Local farms and waters are the inspiration for this New American restaurant that focuses on preparing menus using ingredients that change with each season. American microbrews and wines are carefully selected to pair with each dish our chefs create. Enjoy our House-Infused Artisanal Cocktails made with seasonal purees and fresh squeezed juices while overlooking the Long Island Sound on either the outdoor patio, upstairs seating or cozy lounge. Established in 2004 in Greenport, this Zagat top-rated restaurant for both food and service moved in Spring 2008 to Port Jefferson harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Fifth Season - Best Restaurants in Port Jefferson ›
Fifth Season reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (49)great for outdoor dining (47)scenic view (37)romantic (34)good for groups (27)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (19)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- Wonderful Experience3MusketeersDined on 10/18/2014Truly outstanding food in a pleasant room with good service. The chef introduces creative spicing and pairing without losing those aspects which make comfort food so beloved. Two examples from our latest visit were strudel stuffed with duck confit and butternut squash, and short ribs with pastrami spicing served with mustard spaetzle. The upstairs dining room is quieter and the downstairs more lively. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The Service is very fast. The Food is amazing and the bar inside is allso great. Go there Look and eat yourself.Special Features:
- ExcellentTONYSACDined on 10/18/2014Food was excellent all around. Kobe beef burger was the best burger our friends said they ever had. My wife and I had the apple parsnip soup, duck confit, scallops and filet mignon and were all cooked to perfection. We are looking forward to going back to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great findlovebirdsDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed an anniversary meal here on a Saturday night. The prix-fix were not available due to it being a Saturday night, however the menu was full of variety and choice. We enjoyed the local wine selections too. A relaxed and warm atmosphere with great local cuisines. Very tasty! We look forward to returning!Special Features:
- AwesomeLFBIVDined on 10/10/2014we went here for our first wedding anniversary and were pleasantly surprised. The menu looked great, but the execution of it put this place over the top. The food was absolutely amazing and somehow the service exceeded that. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISSATISFIEDEdwardDined on 10/3/2014After our usual enjoyment and satisfaction of being at Fifth Season over the years, my wife and I was never so dissatisfied with the food!! Thinking we were going to sit down and have just a nice birthday dinner which turned out to be so disappointing. We were so shocked to have to send my food back twice. Once it wasn't cooked enought and second time they forgot part of the order. We had to ask to fill our water glasses since they only filled them once when we sat down. The noise level was rediculous. It was so loud we couldn't a descent conversation... W e were just so dissappointed that evening!! I would like to convey this complaint to the manager...Thank you....
- Great fish!luvpjVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been here a number of times. This past Friday, my family and I really enjoyed the fish. One was the striped bass special and the other was the salmon which was on the printed menu. Each of us commented separately and unsolicited on how fresh and uniquely prepared each was. Would totally recommend!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful....ElegantcoolDined on 9/26/2014Located in the beautiful town of Port Jefferson, this restaurant has it all! The service is terrific, the food always amazes ( the fried brie and cauliflower salad blew me away!), and the ambiance is peaceful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New autumn menuPJWalkerDined on 9/21/2014The grilled salmon with roasted beets was fabulous. Every bite a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fifth Season..for any seasonfoodyK12Dined on 9/19/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants on Long Islands. Eclectic cuisine, great service, fantastic ambiance. The food is local and carefully prepared. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- I wanted to like itSilverSurferDined on 9/19/2014Staff was slightly indifferent, food that I ordered was very average and we were there entirely too long. Not by choice.. Even while we were waiting for our table at the bar I had to practically beg for a second round of drinks. Mind you there were only a handful of people there at the time so it wasn't because the were super busy. The bartender was chatting with one of his coworkers for much of the time. I think they live on recommendations circulating from a dining experience in the past. Disappointed..
- DisappointedSelectiveDined on 9/16/2014I found Fifth Season way overrated. Its decor is very tired -- acoustical ceiling tiles, shabby dated vertical blinds that sectioned off the front room for a private party. The main dining room on the second floor doesn't have a bathroom, so you have to go downstairs to use the only one this restaurant has. The ginger cocktail I had was all sugar and syrup and practically no vodka. The duck was limp, the pancake it was served with was very unappetizing. I would not return.
- sickDined on 9/13/2014Noise level on a Sat night was high. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- nice restaurantluvstoeatoutDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was nice, food was good, not the best I have ever had but good. Bar area was nice, a bit pricey. I would go back.Special Features:
- Just Lovely!MellieRose17Dined on 9/7/2014Atmosphere is awesome! My husband and I sat outside on a 70 degree evening watching the sunset... It was a perfect location. The food was great. My salmon was slightly over cooked. My husband didn't like the fact that they served fries with a NY Strip. He thought it would have been better paired with potatoes and veggies (especially for the price!!). The staff and service were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDJSchnDined on 9/6/2014The food is fantastic here and the servers are very attentive. I had the pork belly and homemade gnocchi and it was absolutely fantastic. The gnocchi was exactly what you desire - melts in your mouth and not too doughy or tough. Waiter was knowledgeable about all of the dishes and was able to answer all of my questions and even made wine suggestions. This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and I am even more satisfied the second time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankVIPDined on 9/2/2014Professional service and very good food albeit at high prices.Special Features:
- Another Real Good Meal HereMarkDined on 8/30/2014Went Saturday 8/30, Labor Day weekend. Had no trouble getting a table upstairs where we wanted to be with a view of the Port Jeff Marina. Food is always real good. Our server was OK and there was nothing to complain about. Had a drink at bar upstairs before meal and bartender made an awesome Petron Margarita. All was very well as always.Special Features:
- Not on waterdinner234Dined on 8/30/2014From the description, I thought this was a restaurant on the water but it was across the street without even a water view. Food was very good and fresh. Upon arriving, the young man who first checked us in was very helpful because the parking meter system in Port Jefferson will prevent us from ever returning to the area for dinner.Special Features:
- just oktruthNdineDined on 8/30/2014Reviewed the menu prior to going and was looking forward to the meal but was disappointed in the actual items such a the lobster strudel and the Scottish salmon which tasted just like the farmed salmon I get at the fish market.Special Features:
- Delicious and funkathyDined on 8/30/2014Four of us went to the Fifth Season for dinner on a Saturday night by the harbor and we loved it. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and professional. The music on the porch was top notch and we had an excellent time. Was pricey but that is Port Jefferson in the summer.. recommend reserving a table.. saw a long line of people that didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJohnandAnnVIPDined on 8/29/2014Frequent diners. Usually great , last 2 visits Very poor service. Same server. Ruined our experience. Hope she is re trained or removed.
- Perfect Impromptu ExperienceellihuschVIPDined on 8/29/2014Impromptu lunch-Seated outside -Perfect Ambiance -People watching-Overlooking E main Street- Service was friendly/timely and always watchful but never intrusive- Kobe Beef Burger w/lettuce,red onion, pickle served on toasted Brioche Bun-prepared exactly as ordered(perfection!!)Absolutely delicious "YUM" -Grilled natural chicken club,heirloom tomato,bacon,romaine served on toasted baguette-Delicious Aroma & taste-both served with side salads-crisp & freshly prepared- Total dining experience-highly recommend & cannot wait to return for another dining delight-Compliments to the Chef!!Special Features:
- PerfectroroluvsbillyjDined on 8/26/2014I went with a friend and my newborn baby. They were so nice to accommodate us and our stroller at a four top in the corner. The food was delicious and the server, Jen, was so nice. There was no pressure to eat fast so that we could free up the table. I had the seafood cob salad and it was so yummy. We also split the Mediterranean plate as an appetizer and it was perfect. I would absolutely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not miss this place3MusketeersDined on 8/25/2014Outstanding food at reasonable prices and very good local wines also at reasonable prices are an unbeatable combo. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in downtown PJOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Get the filet mignon and Scallops. Service couldn't be any better. The 5th Season simply "gets it." Friendly, attentive staff and high quality food. I can tell the kitchen and staff are held to a high standard. It shows. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceIgtoutoccVIPDined on 8/22/2014You can tell when a chef works to put good food on the table and not overdo it. Loved the beet salad and the home made pretzels. Burger was good as was the steak but best were the scallops. A nice touch was to give us a taste of wine/beer before we ordered the drinks. All in all- Lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsIzspotsVIPDined on 8/22/2014Had a delicious dinner there, the scallops were amazing! My husband had the fillet, cooked to perfection. We just love this place and will continue to go back!Special Features:
- Great food overlooking the watergrtfoodpjDined on 8/22/2014A professional wait staff presents a truly unique food menu. The food reflects seasonal Long Island food. We just dined on 5 appetizers instead of one of the dinner selections. Staff was wonderful. The food was delicious and unique. Presentations were gorgeous. The experience was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-timerJoandStanDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit and we were NOT disappointed. It's a beautiful place. All of the staff is attentive and friendly. Our waiter, Yaw, was very pleasant. The menu was spectacular. I had the lobster strudel and my cousin had a special panzanella salad for appetizers. My cousin had the duck, I had the gnocchi, which was delicious and we ordered a side of the ham and swiss croquettes. Everything was SO good. The noise level was very low; even with people around us, there was no need to raise our voices or lean in to hear each other. Not a complaint to be made about one thing. This is our new go-to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceEdwatdDined on 8/16/2014This was my fourth visit to the Fifth Season and each visit has been better than the last. The menu is always changing which keeps each experience new and an adventure. The offerings are well plated and the menu eclectic, kudos to the chef. The wait staff is pleasant and are quick to suggestions if your struggling tyo select from the many options. In my opinion, one of the best restaurants in the Port Jeff harbor area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Dinner was outstanding!! Recommend the duck and corn soup, it was fantastic. Service was very good and friendly as well. Table was ready on time, plenty of room to dine and relax. If you bring a Long Island wine, there is no cork fee!! I have dined here before, and will most certainly again.Special Features:
- Great findsailorDined on 8/14/2014Very good food and service. Easy access from waterfront Ferry and yacht clubs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealTonyDined on 8/14/2014There were six of us at Dinner. I had the scallops and a Caesar salad. Everyone's appetizers came at the same time as did the entrees. The scallops were absolutely delicious and prepared perfectly. The Caesar Salad was also above par. We hadn't been there in a while and my wife and I will make it a point to be back much sooner.Special Features:
- Best in port jeffgalnote3Dined on 8/10/2014We occasionally take the ferry and had not found a great place to eat until today. With a 29 price fixed meal the Gazpacho, Scottish salmon, and sorbet were perfect! We were last in and bright service went a bit dim by end of meal. We will eat here each time in PJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice sunday brunchroxiDined on 8/10/2014nice to go for sunday brunch, could walk around town afterwards. the upgraded mimosas were very good, also liked the smores desert. food was good, but not the best we had in port jefferson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very expensive, they are trying to be high end when there are no table clothes on tables. You sit at tables you see in a diner. They have no business charging what they charge to eat in a diner
- Awesome as usual!FineDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014There were so many great dishes to choose from that I have to return again before you switch to a fall menu. (Which I'm sure will be fabulous as well.). Since I'm a blueberry fan, I really enjoyed the duck with blueberry gastrique and the corn crepes with the blueberry gelato for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Food was great, service was great. Definitely recommend going there.Special Features:
- So accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014They wrote happy birthday on the dessert and remembered it was my boyfriends birthday from the note in the reservation....very sweet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.