34 East Broadway
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefifth-season.com/
- Phone: 6314778500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: Beginning at 5:00pm Year Round (Closed Mondays September 6-May 24)
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm May 24-September 4
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm Year Round
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Erik Orlowski & John Urbinati
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater both on-premise and off-premise events.
- Private Party Facilities: A Private Party room with a waterview of Port Jefferson Sound is available for up to 40 people. A Private Party Room with a fireplace is available for up to 75 people. A Private Party Room for the handicap accessible is available for up to 30 people. A Private Party Option for up to 110 people is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Jeniffer Orlowski 6314778500x
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings and during the summer on Saturday and Sunday afternoons on our outdoor patio or upstairs in our waterview lounge.
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $31 to $50
- Special Events: A Brunch Prix-Fixe is offered every Sunday from 11am-4pm for $19pp +tax + gratuity (includes a complimentary bloody mary or mimosa).
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-7pm features select American wines, beers and well drinks for $5. A special food menu is also available for $5. Thursday & Friday Happy Hours feature live music on our outdoor patio or upstairs in our waterview lounge.
- Cross Street: Mariners Way
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is metered parking available directly next to the restaurant from 10:00am to 10:00pm. Please present your metered ticket to your server for validation and we will gladly discount your check up to 4 hours. Please note the Metered Parking is suspended November-March each year.
A word from Fifth Season
Local farms and waters are the inspiration for this New American restaurant that focuses on preparing menus using ingredients that change with each season. American microbrews and wines are carefully selected to pair with each dish our chefs create. Enjoy our House-Infused Artisanal Cocktails made with seasonal purees and fresh squeezed juices while overlooking the Long Island Sound on either the outdoor patio, upstairs seating or cozy lounge. Established in 2004 in Greenport, this Zagat top-rated restaurant for both food and service moved in Spring 2008 to Port Jefferson harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Fifth Season - Best Restaurants in Port Jefferson ›
Fifth Season reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)great for outdoor dining (59)neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (49)romantic (42)scenic view (39)great for brunch (27)great for lunch (24)good for groups (24)notable wine list (20)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (5)Show More
- I wanted to like itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Staff was slightly indifferent, food that I ordered was very average and we were there entirely too long. Not by choice.. Even while we were waiting for our table at the bar I had to practically beg for a second round of drinks. Mind you there were only a handful of people there at the time so it wasn't because the were super busy. The bartender was chatting with one of his coworkers for much of the time. I think they live on recommendations circulating from a dining experience in the past. Disappointed..
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014I found Fifth Season way overrated. Its decor is very tired -- acoustical ceiling tiles, shabby dated vertical blinds that sectioned off the front room for a private party. The main dining room on the second floor doesn't have a bathroom, so you have to go downstairs to use the only one this restaurant has. The ginger cocktail I had was all sugar and syrup and practically no vodka. The duck was limp, the pancake it was served with was very unappetizing. I would not return.
- sickDined on 9/13/2014Noise level on a Sat night was high. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Just Lovely!MellieRose17Dined on 9/7/2014Atmosphere is awesome! My husband and I sat outside on a 70 degree evening watching the sunset... It was a perfect location. The food was great. My salmon was slightly over cooked. My husband didn't like the fact that they served fries with a NY Strip. He thought it would have been better paired with potatoes and veggies (especially for the price!!). The staff and service were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDJSchnDined on 9/6/2014The food is fantastic here and the servers are very attentive. I had the pork belly and homemade gnocchi and it was absolutely fantastic. The gnocchi was exactly what you desire - melts in your mouth and not too doughy or tough. Waiter was knowledgeable about all of the dishes and was able to answer all of my questions and even made wine suggestions. This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and I am even more satisfied the second time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankVIPDined on 9/2/2014Professional service and very good food albeit at high prices.Special Features:
- Another Real Good Meal HereMarkDined on 8/30/2014Went Saturday 8/30, Labor Day weekend. Had no trouble getting a table upstairs where we wanted to be with a view of the Port Jeff Marina. Food is always real good. Our server was OK and there was nothing to complain about. Had a drink at bar upstairs before meal and bartender made an awesome Petron Margarita. All was very well as always.Special Features:
- Not on waterdinner234Dined on 8/30/2014From the description, I thought this was a restaurant on the water but it was across the street without even a water view. Food was very good and fresh. Upon arriving, the young man who first checked us in was very helpful because the parking meter system in Port Jefferson will prevent us from ever returning to the area for dinner.Special Features:
- just oktruthNdineDined on 8/30/2014Reviewed the menu prior to going and was looking forward to the meal but was disappointed in the actual items such a the lobster strudel and the Scottish salmon which tasted just like the farmed salmon I get at the fish market.Special Features:
- Delicious and funkathyDined on 8/30/2014Four of us went to the Fifth Season for dinner on a Saturday night by the harbor and we loved it. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and professional. The music on the porch was top notch and we had an excellent time. Was pricey but that is Port Jefferson in the summer.. recommend reserving a table.. saw a long line of people that didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJohnandAnnVIPDined on 8/29/2014Frequent diners. Usually great , last 2 visits Very poor service. Same server. Ruined our experience. Hope she is re trained or removed.
- Perfect Impromptu ExperienceellihuschVIPDined on 8/29/2014Impromptu lunch-Seated outside -Perfect Ambiance -People watching-Overlooking E main Street- Service was friendly/timely and always watchful but never intrusive- Kobe Beef Burger w/lettuce,red onion, pickle served on toasted Brioche Bun-prepared exactly as ordered(perfection!!)Absolutely delicious "YUM" -Grilled natural chicken club,heirloom tomato,bacon,romaine served on toasted baguette-Delicious Aroma & taste-both served with side salads-crisp & freshly prepared- Total dining experience-highly recommend & cannot wait to return for another dining delight-Compliments to the Chef!!Special Features:
- PerfectroroluvsbillyjDined on 8/26/2014I went with a friend and my newborn baby. They were so nice to accommodate us and our stroller at a four top in the corner. The food was delicious and the server, Jen, was so nice. There was no pressure to eat fast so that we could free up the table. I had the seafood cob salad and it was so yummy. We also split the Mediterranean plate as an appetizer and it was perfect. I would absolutely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not miss this place3MusketeersDined on 8/25/2014Outstanding food at reasonable prices and very good local wines also at reasonable prices are an unbeatable combo. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in downtown PJOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Get the filet mignon and Scallops. Service couldn't be any better. The 5th Season simply "gets it." Friendly, attentive staff and high quality food. I can tell the kitchen and staff are held to a high standard. It shows. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceIgtoutoccVIPDined on 8/22/2014You can tell when a chef works to put good food on the table and not overdo it. Loved the beet salad and the home made pretzels. Burger was good as was the steak but best were the scallops. A nice touch was to give us a taste of wine/beer before we ordered the drinks. All in all- Lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsIzspotsVIPDined on 8/22/2014Had a delicious dinner there, the scallops were amazing! My husband had the fillet, cooked to perfection. We just love this place and will continue to go back!Special Features:
- Great food overlooking the watergrtfoodpjDined on 8/22/2014A professional wait staff presents a truly unique food menu. The food reflects seasonal Long Island food. We just dined on 5 appetizers instead of one of the dinner selections. Staff was wonderful. The food was delicious and unique. Presentations were gorgeous. The experience was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-timerJoandStanDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit and we were NOT disappointed. It's a beautiful place. All of the staff is attentive and friendly. Our waiter, Yaw, was very pleasant. The menu was spectacular. I had the lobster strudel and my cousin had a special panzanella salad for appetizers. My cousin had the duck, I had the gnocchi, which was delicious and we ordered a side of the ham and swiss croquettes. Everything was SO good. The noise level was very low; even with people around us, there was no need to raise our voices or lean in to hear each other. Not a complaint to be made about one thing. This is our new go-to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceEdwatdDined on 8/16/2014This was my fourth visit to the Fifth Season and each visit has been better than the last. The menu is always changing which keeps each experience new and an adventure. The offerings are well plated and the menu eclectic, kudos to the chef. The wait staff is pleasant and are quick to suggestions if your struggling tyo select from the many options. In my opinion, one of the best restaurants in the Port Jeff harbor area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Dinner was outstanding!! Recommend the duck and corn soup, it was fantastic. Service was very good and friendly as well. Table was ready on time, plenty of room to dine and relax. If you bring a Long Island wine, there is no cork fee!! I have dined here before, and will most certainly again.Special Features:
- Great findsailorDined on 8/14/2014Very good food and service. Easy access from waterfront Ferry and yacht clubs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealTonyDined on 8/14/2014There were six of us at Dinner. I had the scallops and a Caesar salad. Everyone's appetizers came at the same time as did the entrees. The scallops were absolutely delicious and prepared perfectly. The Caesar Salad was also above par. We hadn't been there in a while and my wife and I will make it a point to be back much sooner.Special Features:
- Best in port jeffgalnote3Dined on 8/10/2014We occasionally take the ferry and had not found a great place to eat until today. With a 29 price fixed meal the Gazpacho, Scottish salmon, and sorbet were perfect! We were last in and bright service went a bit dim by end of meal. We will eat here each time in PJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice sunday brunchroxiDined on 8/10/2014nice to go for sunday brunch, could walk around town afterwards. the upgraded mimosas were very good, also liked the smores desert. food was good, but not the best we had in port jefferson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very expensive, they are trying to be high end when there are no table clothes on tables. You sit at tables you see in a diner. They have no business charging what they charge to eat in a diner
- Awesome as usual!FineDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014There were so many great dishes to choose from that I have to return again before you switch to a fall menu. (Which I'm sure will be fabulous as well.). Since I'm a blueberry fan, I really enjoyed the duck with blueberry gastrique and the corn crepes with the blueberry gelato for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Food was great, service was great. Definitely recommend going there.Special Features:
- So accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014They wrote happy birthday on the dessert and remembered it was my boyfriends birthday from the note in the reservation....very sweet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingVeramaryDined on 8/5/2014Outdoor hostess was charming and this review is not a reflection on her. Bartender was cranky. Waiter was sloppy. Many menu items were sold out. Food was average except for the lobster Mac and cheese which was excellent. After I complained about the wait service he tried to do better but I could tell it was completely false. The hostess kept expressing we are sorry but we didn't expect it to be so busy tonight. Our table of 5 were not wowed .
- Great for work groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014We brought our team to celebrate 2 birthdays and a going away for our summer intern. Our group was pleased with the menu offerings, including multiple options for the vegetarians in the crowd. The unofficial starter of crostinis with a white bean dip was a huge hit! I think we ended up requesting another helping after clearing the first two plates. Half the group went with their fixed price options and none were dissatisfied. We're all happy to support the local food movement and I don't think we left a single bite of food on the plates. We will keep this in mind for future celebratory events!Special Features:
- Always Good!MidgieVIPDined on 8/5/2014We always have a great meal here. The duck breast is my favorite! Our waitress was spot-on and very friendly. The only issue we had this time was the music selection in the upstairs dining room - trying to enjoy our meal with the Jackson 5 screaming "ABC" was a little too much to take. We did not make an issue but did mention it; the music was changed - thank you. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice touch to known foodsdivanovaDined on 8/2/2014Amazing preparation of the beet salad, great short ribs. Loved the truffle fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great atmosphereFoodfanatic6Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great. Plated beautifully cooked to perfection. The service was impeccable as they covered all our needs for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a 5 Star ExperienceScottDined on 8/2/2014Been here several times and it is a guarantee. Super fresh gourmet local food, superior service, and well-made drinks. A definite special occasion location. Highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Great nightNiceSurpriseDined on 8/2/2014Price fix dinner was superb! Soup, salmon, dessert. Can't wait to do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delight!Namaste1974Dined on 8/2/2014As always, Fifth Season does not disappoint! My friends took me out for my birthday and the staff discretely wished me a happy birthday by writing it on my dessert plate. No embarrassing scenes!Special Features:
- Always ExcellentKarenDined on 7/31/2014Went out for happy hour and then dinner with the girls. Happy hour on the patio was great! Loved the live music and drink specials. Then had a fabulous meal. Always delicious and great service!Special Features:
- 25th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our Silver Anniversary at the Fifth Season. We had an enjoyable evening. Thank you for special attention given to the table set up and the dessert plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3maplesDined on 7/25/2014We were party of 7- everyone's meal Delicious....however the service was going well until coffee & dessert-- it seemed like our table was forgotten -- so that was a disappointment .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.