34 East Broadway
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefifth-season.com/
- Phone: 6314778500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: Beginning at 5:00pm Year Round (Closed Mondays September 6-May 24)
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm May 24-September 4
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm Year Round
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Erik Orlowski & John Urbinati
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater both on-premise and off-premise events.
- Private Party Facilities: A Private Party room with a waterview of Port Jefferson Sound is available for up to 40 people. A Private Party Room with a fireplace is available for up to 75 people. A Private Party Room for the handicap accessible is available for up to 30 people. A Private Party Option for up to 110 people is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Jeniffer Orlowski 6314778500x
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings and during the summer on Saturday and Sunday afternoons on our outdoor patio or upstairs in our waterview lounge.
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $31 to $50
- Special Events: A Brunch Prix-Fixe is offered every Sunday from 11am-4pm for $19pp +tax + gratuity (includes a complimentary bloody mary or mimosa).
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-7pm features select American wines, beers and well drinks for $5. A special food menu is also available for $5. Thursday & Friday Happy Hours feature live music on our outdoor patio or upstairs in our waterview lounge.
- Cross Street: Mariners Way
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is metered parking available directly next to the restaurant from 10:00am to 10:00pm. Please present your metered ticket to your server for validation and we will gladly discount your check up to 4 hours. Please note the Metered Parking is suspended November-March each year.
A word from Fifth Season
Local farms and waters are the inspiration for this New American restaurant that focuses on preparing menus using ingredients that change with each season. American microbrews and wines are carefully selected to pair with each dish our chefs create. Enjoy our House-Infused Artisanal Cocktails made with seasonal purees and fresh squeezed juices while overlooking the Long Island Sound on either the outdoor patio, upstairs seating or cozy lounge. Established in 2004 in Greenport, this Zagat top-rated restaurant for both food and service moved in Spring 2008 to Port Jefferson harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Fifth Season - Best Restaurants in Port Jefferson ›
Fifth Season reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (51)romantic (43)neighborhood gem (43)scenic view (39)great for brunch (30)great for lunch (24)good for groups (21)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)Show More
- PerfectroroluvsbillyjDined on 8/26/2014I went with a friend and my newborn baby. They were so nice to accommodate us and our stroller at a four top in the corner. The food was delicious and the server, Jen, was so nice. There was no pressure to eat fast so that we could free up the table. I had the seafood cob salad and it was so yummy. We also split the Mediterranean plate as an appetizer and it was perfect. I would absolutely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not miss this place3MusketeersDined on 8/25/2014Outstanding food at reasonable prices and very good local wines also at reasonable prices are an unbeatable combo. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in downtown PJOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Get the filet mignon and Scallops. Service couldn't be any better. The 5th Season simply "gets it." Friendly, attentive staff and high quality food. I can tell the kitchen and staff are held to a high standard. It shows. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceIgtoutoccVIPDined on 8/22/2014You can tell when a chef works to put good food on the table and not overdo it. Loved the beet salad and the home made pretzels. Burger was good as was the steak but best were the scallops. A nice touch was to give us a taste of wine/beer before we ordered the drinks. All in all- Lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsIzspotsVIPDined on 8/22/2014Had a delicious dinner there, the scallops were amazing! My husband had the fillet, cooked to perfection. We just love this place and will continue to go back!Special Features:
- Great food overlooking the watergrtfoodpjDined on 8/22/2014A professional wait staff presents a truly unique food menu. The food reflects seasonal Long Island food. We just dined on 5 appetizers instead of one of the dinner selections. Staff was wonderful. The food was delicious and unique. Presentations were gorgeous. The experience was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-timerJoandStanDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit and we were NOT disappointed. It's a beautiful place. All of the staff is attentive and friendly. Our waiter, Yaw, was very pleasant. The menu was spectacular. I had the lobster strudel and my cousin had a special panzanella salad for appetizers. My cousin had the duck, I had the gnocchi, which was delicious and we ordered a side of the ham and swiss croquettes. Everything was SO good. The noise level was very low; even with people around us, there was no need to raise our voices or lean in to hear each other. Not a complaint to be made about one thing. This is our new go-to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceEdwatdDined on 8/16/2014This was my fourth visit to the Fifth Season and each visit has been better than the last. The menu is always changing which keeps each experience new and an adventure. The offerings are well plated and the menu eclectic, kudos to the chef. The wait staff is pleasant and are quick to suggestions if your struggling tyo select from the many options. In my opinion, one of the best restaurants in the Port Jeff harbor area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Dinner was outstanding!! Recommend the duck and corn soup, it was fantastic. Service was very good and friendly as well. Table was ready on time, plenty of room to dine and relax. If you bring a Long Island wine, there is no cork fee!! I have dined here before, and will most certainly again.Special Features:
- Great findsailorDined on 8/14/2014Very good food and service. Easy access from waterfront Ferry and yacht clubs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealTonyDined on 8/14/2014There were six of us at Dinner. I had the scallops and a Caesar salad. Everyone's appetizers came at the same time as did the entrees. The scallops were absolutely delicious and prepared perfectly. The Caesar Salad was also above par. We hadn't been there in a while and my wife and I will make it a point to be back much sooner.Special Features:
- Best in port jeffgalnote3Dined on 8/10/2014We occasionally take the ferry and had not found a great place to eat until today. With a 29 price fixed meal the Gazpacho, Scottish salmon, and sorbet were perfect! We were last in and bright service went a bit dim by end of meal. We will eat here each time in PJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice sunday brunchroxiDined on 8/10/2014nice to go for sunday brunch, could walk around town afterwards. the upgraded mimosas were very good, also liked the smores desert. food was good, but not the best we had in port jefferson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very expensive, they are trying to be high end when there are no table clothes on tables. You sit at tables you see in a diner. They have no business charging what they charge to eat in a diner
- Awesome as usual!FineDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014There were so many great dishes to choose from that I have to return again before you switch to a fall menu. (Which I'm sure will be fabulous as well.). Since I'm a blueberry fan, I really enjoyed the duck with blueberry gastrique and the corn crepes with the blueberry gelato for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Food was great, service was great. Definitely recommend going there.Special Features:
- So accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014They wrote happy birthday on the dessert and remembered it was my boyfriends birthday from the note in the reservation....very sweet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingVeramaryDined on 8/5/2014Outdoor hostess was charming and this review is not a reflection on her. Bartender was cranky. Waiter was sloppy. Many menu items were sold out. Food was average except for the lobster Mac and cheese which was excellent. After I complained about the wait service he tried to do better but I could tell it was completely false. The hostess kept expressing we are sorry but we didn't expect it to be so busy tonight. Our table of 5 were not wowed .
- Always Good!MidgieVIPDined on 8/5/2014We always have a great meal here. The duck breast is my favorite! Our waitress was spot-on and very friendly. The only issue we had this time was the music selection in the upstairs dining room - trying to enjoy our meal with the Jackson 5 screaming "ABC" was a little too much to take. We did not make an issue but did mention it; the music was changed - thank you. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice touch to known foodsdivanovaDined on 8/2/2014Amazing preparation of the beet salad, great short ribs. Loved the truffle fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great atmosphereFoodfanatic6Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great. Plated beautifully cooked to perfection. The service was impeccable as they covered all our needs for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a 5 Star ExperienceScottDined on 8/2/2014Been here several times and it is a guarantee. Super fresh gourmet local food, superior service, and well-made drinks. A definite special occasion location. Highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Great nightNiceSurpriseDined on 8/2/2014Price fix dinner was superb! Soup, salmon, dessert. Can't wait to do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delight!Namaste1974Dined on 8/2/2014As always, Fifth Season does not disappoint! My friends took me out for my birthday and the staff discretely wished me a happy birthday by writing it on my dessert plate. No embarrassing scenes!Special Features:
- Always ExcellentKarenDined on 7/31/2014Went out for happy hour and then dinner with the girls. Happy hour on the patio was great! Loved the live music and drink specials. Then had a fabulous meal. Always delicious and great service!Special Features:
- 25th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our Silver Anniversary at the Fifth Season. We had an enjoyable evening. Thank you for special attention given to the table set up and the dessert plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3maplesDined on 7/25/2014We were party of 7- everyone's meal Delicious....however the service was going well until coffee & dessert-- it seemed like our table was forgotten -- so that was a disappointment .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch in a great placeGreatDined on 7/25/2014The service was great. The food was really good. We sat outside and it was a charming lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickDined on 7/24/2014Food was good but portions were very small. Lobster roll was expensive and not up to standards of other like restaurants. Desserts were very good but again small portions. The cost of lunch was high for what was a small lunch.
- Very good food, great serviceDrpal516Dined on 7/20/2014While not directly on the water, there are view of the sound from the upper dining and from the outdoor tables. It's right across the street from the ferry and the sound walkway. The food was excellent and the service excellent as well. The bar staff was friendly and bought us an extra drink before dinner. Our waitress was really knowledgable helpful and accommodating. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- nice restauarantGlamourgirlVIPDined on 7/20/2014Went for Sunday brunch with a friend, was really great. Mimosa's and eggs benedict, so delicious! They even fo forentine style, which was great! We will be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Outdoor restaurantMLauriaDined on 7/19/2014Fifth Season was a great outdoor restaurant. Tehe upstairs bar was relaxant and the outdoor seating was fun and invitingSpecial Features:
- A deity of diningDansomemanDined on 7/19/2014Fifth Season is one of the best restaurants I've been to. I went there for a date and it couldn't have been in a better spot. The setting that I was in was quiet, comfortable, and resembled a fancy, feel at home dining room. The food was on par with my expectations and the waiting service was patient, and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedJaniceDined on 7/14/2014The chef is both creative and sophisticated in his approach. He uses local ingredients of the season, and layers the favors in unique and tasty dishes. We have never been disappointed in the food, and the upstairs view of the harbor and boats is very charming.Special Features:
- Fun time and nicer than expected!OportnoyDined on 7/12/2014We had a lovely time and the food was delicious. The view from our table upstairs was beautiful and service was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful time at Fifth Season. The food was fresh and very, very good! All was cooked as ordered. We sat on the deck and the breeze and live music were wonderful... If I could critic one thing it would be that the music was a bit too loud. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food choicesBellagio60Dined on 7/12/2014Quality of the food was fresh and tasty. Service was efficient, timely and knowledgeable. Our severer was able to quickly answer all our questions. Choice of food was unique. The monk fish and the vegetarian entrees were excellent.Special Features:
- Great!CorrynDined on 6/24/2014The food was delicious. I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we loved it! Everything had so much flavor and tasted great! I recommend for everyone and we sat upstairs and got to see the water! We did the price fix menu and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice oasisPascldDined on 6/22/2014Lovely at sunset, reasonable prix fix, delicious without being overdone.Special Features:
- Great Wine and Dine-Fifth SeasonRichDined on 6/22/2014All of us were deleted with the Great Service and Food at Fifth Season. This is a Great little Gem in Port Jefferson.Special Features: