301 State St
Los Altos, CA 94022Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fiestavallarta.com/
- Phone: 6505595871
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Fiesta Vallarta
The moment you step inside our Mexican food restaurant and bar, you are immediately transported south of the border to a world of colorful spices, cheerful music, happy laughter, and tastes that are unsurpassed anywhere else. Fiesta Vallarta of Los Altos, California, specializes in the careful blend of authentic Mexican Cuisine using the freshest ingredients and secret family recipes. From our carefully prepared homemade salsa and enchiladas to traditional tacos and flan, we have all the tastes you crave at prices you can afford. With a lifetime of experience, the chefs at our Mexican restaurant and bar carefully make all our meals from scratch, giving our Mexican food that homemade taste. Whether you are in the mood for some homemade salsa and enchiladas or you want to experience flan for the first time, you can find it all at Fiesta Vallarta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiesta Vallarta reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great mexican!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Super delicious in a cute neighborhood restaurant. Our table tried the guac, chicken mole enchiladas, fajitas, and mussels, and all were excellent. The mussels were the big surprise - I was suspicious when my friend ordered them (in a Mexican restaurant?) but they were amazing quality - plump, huge and delicious - with an great kick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good basic MexicanDebbieDined on 8/12/2014I like going to Fiesta Vallarta because of the patio. The food is good, but not over the top. This time, our service was a bit slow even though they were not busy. Thus the 3 on service when normally they would get a 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 60 reviews are from the Fiesta Vallarta reviews archive.
- too many kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2014Somehow parents who are seated on the patio feel it is OK for their kids to run wild, because it is "outside". We were bumped and stepped on by 4 children playing tag and cutting through the plantings. Maybe dining much later would have been better.
- Fun ambiance, food is okjimmyDined on 5/2/2014There aren't that many "cantina" style restaurants in Los Altos. This one is very fun, with the live mariachi and blues bands. The margaritas were excellent. And the ambiance of the courtyard was fantastic. Unfortunately, the food was only mediocre. LuLu was better/cheaper and there are better options elsewhere in mountain view. I think the best place for mexican food is Mi Pueblo ( in east palo alto or rengstroff ). It's a grocery store with a food court, so there is no ambiance, but the food is AWESOME! In addition, there are a ton of mexicans eating in mi pueblo. At Fiesta Vallarta, it was definately not a local mexican destination.
- Excellent all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2014We had great service, great drinks, and great food. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritas!StanfordFanVIPDined on 2/14/2014My husband enjoyed the chicken fajitas and I really liked the tasty carnitas filling in my tacos. We tried two different kinds of margaritas and thought both were fantastic.Special Features:
- Fabulous, as always!NikkiVIPDined on 2/14/2014Friendly, accommodating, and the food was as good as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistance with authenticityveg8tableVIPDined on 12/20/2013just good, excellent and our weekly Mexican dinner.. we love it and hope others (not too many) come to enjoy it too...Special Features:
- Margaritaville.....TUESDAYVIPDined on 11/26/2013Consistently good food. Margaritas are the best!!!!Special Features:
- Food was OKlovedthefilletDined on 10/28/2013The best part of the entree was the rice and beans. Fish taco was watery.Special Features:
- Our group of 7 had a greatMichelleDined on 10/26/2013Our group of 7 had a great time at Fiesta Vallarta. They have heaters outside, so it was comfortable even though it was a cool autumn night. The service was good and the margaritas were very good. We might make this a regular destination for our Friday night happy hour!Special Features:
- Nice Mexican GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013Food was great . Service was good (polite but server was busy) . Great outdoor seating and very kids friendly . Not the best place to go on a first / romantic date . Live music was fun and lively but drowned out any conversation you might be having (went on a Sat. evening so live music might be only on weekends) . Will go again !Special Features:
- Great Location, Average overallOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/11/2013Service was really slow and inattentive. $13 for a burrito and $11 for tortilla soup is a bit pricey even for the neighborhood. The patio and location saves the place, but lower expectations on everything elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backRegularVIPDined on 6/7/2013We went on a Friday evening, 14 of us in total. They were able to accomodate us last minute which was great, considering the restaurant was packed. The waitress brought the margaritas fairly quickly, but it was 20 minutes (and 2 trips to remind her) until the kids got their lemonades. It went all down hill from there. Several tables around us got food before ours (in fact left the restaurant before our food even arrived), all the while the waitress telling us it is because we were a large group. This is a big restaurant that deals with big groups all the time! When our food came it was burned (literally), overcooked, and just not good. We will not be going back, which is too bad since the food 'scene' in Los Altos is extremely limited.
- Great FindJrjettVIPDined on 5/9/2013We were passing through the area at lunch time. Did an Open Table search for availability and found this hidden gem. Had their chile verde and chile rellenos. Both were fabulous. We will definitely stop here the next time we are in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, Well-Prepared FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2013Yum!! Fresh Guacamole! Fresh Crab Enchiladas! I had trouble deciding, so I chose the Combo plate so I could have two choices. I had the Grilled Beef - so glad it wasn't Ground Beef as you find in most Mexican restaurants, but then, this is Los Altos. My husband also had a decent glass of wine. We will return to try other items on the menu and to have Margaritas when the weather is warmer.Special Features:
- PatronOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/5/2013Great Mexican food and nice ambiance. Staff is very friendly, however we did encounted a very nice lady that didn't speak any English.Special Features:
- Super convenient, local location,ekzooksVIPDined on 12/21/2012Super convenient, local location, paired with very good mexican faire, a courtyard for outdoor dining and a roving mariachi band make this one of our favorite spots that we keep coming back to.Special Features:
- Usually Food is great... thisJRGomezDined on 12/17/2012Usually Food is great... this last time was not the caseSpecial Features:
- They have heat lamps, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2012They have heat lamps, but they need to actually use them. We attempted to sit outside, but it was too cold at our table while a bunch of heat lamps remained unused, on a Friday night no less. Outside sitting is always better, but when it's unpleasant, a consensus builds with the group to "just move inside." This is an automatic negative for the group and not a very economic use of resources for the restaurant. Perhaps have the meriachi band take up the task as they move table to table? It would make sense, we enjoyed their music and gave them a tip... Also, make your own hard shell tacos, it's not authentic to use boring hard shell tacos from Costco. Salt on chips, more salsa. Good service overall.
- Wonderful experiences repeatedlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Go there a lot and it consistently exceeds expectations.Special Features:
- Not a good place for vegetarians,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2012Not a good place for vegetarians, every sauce had some meat broth in it.Special Features:
- Fun spot, with great foodekzooksVIPDined on 8/10/2012Fun spot, with great food and accommodating staff. Our grandson loved the mariachi players and the menu had plenty of kid friendly bites and a neat outdoor courtyard in the middle of the restaurant- surprised to find this gem in downtown Los Altos.Special Features:
- Lovely Outdoor Patio!JudeDined on 6/18/2012On a Monday, we were seated right away on their lovely outdoor patio. There were quite a few tables and they were about 85% full. Chips and salsa were brought immediately with drink order and the food was good. We will go back to try other items.Special Features:
- Had the pork burrito and itOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/9/2012Had the pork burrito and it was fantastic. Great flavors with a little kick. rice and beans were good as well. My wife had 2 tacos....expensive a la carte $5.95 each?Special Features:
- Great outdoor patio dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Great outdoor patio dining. Lots of kids and dogs. Calamari was just ok, but rest of food including enchiladas, shrimp soft tacos, beans, rice. Table next to us had someone who loved to hear themselves talk, but otherwise noise and activity level for outdoor dining was perfect. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Love this place. Great foodChuckk9032Dined on 3/28/2012Love this place. Great food and bar, and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great hidden courtyard withOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/24/2012Great hidden courtyard with musicians, excellent food, fabulous top-shelf margaritas-by the pitcher! Excellent for kids and dogs to run around while parents linger...Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/2/2011Excellent neighborhood restaurant in downtown Los Altos, always friendly.Special Features:
- Food, presentation, and ambianceLuncherDined on 11/14/2011Food, presentation, and ambiance are poor and not worth the expensive prices. The interior is awkward and not pleasant. If I ever return, it would be in warm weather so I could eat in the patio. But then I'm not sure I would return just to eat poor food in a pretty patio.Special Features:
- A sight for sore eyes in otherwiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/4/2011A sight for sore eyes in otherwise rather boring downtown Los Altos.Special Features:
- The worst "Mexican" food ...OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/3/2011Our food experience ar Viesta Vallarta was very poor and we will certainly never go back there.
- All patio dining in a cozyekzooksVIPDined on 9/2/2011All patio dining in a cozy urban setting. We just found the town of Los Altos and were surprised to find many great restaurant offerings like Fiesta Vallarta. Fresh food, great salads and traditional mexican dishes and a large patio within the courtyard make this an easy place to return to without traveling very far.Special Features:
- Terrific ambiance. StaffChuckk9032Dined on 8/11/2011Terrific ambiance. Staff very attentive and the food is excellent. Very good for a casual meal, conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- Had the best time. The staffPegasusDined on 7/23/2011Had the best time. The staff was so accommodating. They moved us when asked. We were a group of seven so I was really impressed. The food was fantastic. I now have a new lunch place when I crave shrimp tacos. They were delish. Loved everyone who served us. Very friendly. Only one complaint. We were there till 10:30 and no one cleared our table.. Pet peeve of mine. Not relaxing.Special Features:
- A Pleasant Place for Family DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2011We enjoyed our visit to Fiesta Vallarta. It's in a pedestrian-friendly area with lots of shops, so it would be good for anyone who wants a nice meal and a stroll afterward. We particularly liked the fact that they have a selection of "light dinners," which have small portion sizes. Perfect for those who don't want to get stuffed. The margaritas were also good, and had a nice kick. We also liked the crab enchiladas. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The also had a mariachi band playing on the patio, which was pleasant.Special Features:
- We've been here 4 or 5 timesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/15/2011We've been here 4 or 5 times with our kid and really like the place. The patio out back is cool (reminds us of actually being in PV) and the food is solid. Nice folks run the place as well.
- Great food, reasonably priced,LauraWDined on 10/31/2010Great food, reasonably priced, very personalized service. Nice outdoor garden setting or inside options- Giants world series game was on TV at the bar. Recommend it for all!Special Features:
- Service wasn't good. FoodDaveVIPDined on 9/4/2010Service wasn't good. Food was very average and the band was too loud. I couldn't carry on a conversation during dinner.... Don't bother. This restaurant won't make it!
- Always great margaritas, chips,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/26/2010Always great margaritas, chips, salsa, and entres. Occasionally the service is a little slow. Great entertainment on the weekends as well as Thurs evening during the Los Altos Farmer's Market.Special Features: