Field's at the Wilderness
511 East Adams Street
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Field's at the Wilderness
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fieldsatthewilderness.com/
- Phone: 6082531400x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: Open 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tim Field
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for groups of 8, 12, 24, 50 and 80 are available. Semi-private parties of up to 130 can be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Hasheider 6082531400x
- Entertainment: Piano bar
A word from Field's at the Wilderness
Celebrate the art of fine dining in Frank Lloyd Wright style. Designed by James Dresser, the most celebrated protege of Frank Lloyd Wright. Field's at the Wilderness offers a menu with the highest standards in fine dining. Our menu features American cuisine with an emphasis on great steaks, chops, fresh grilled seafood. Also from the wood burning oven...appetizers, gourmet pizzas, and quesadillas. Savor remarkable cuisine in an intimate atmosphere surrounded by stone-hearth fireplaces, waterfalls, and an exhibition kitchen. Toast to the good life with selections from our extensive award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Field's at the Wilderness - Best Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells ›
Field's at the Wilderness reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (50)scenic view (22)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (19)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Perfect romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014If you want a spot to take that special someone this is the place to go the service was awesome and the food was great! The only downfall was seeing people come not dressed for the place jeans and a hoodie with their young children I don't recommend that at all keep it classy for this nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra SpecialKayBeeWIDined on 10/25/2014You should know: our bill for four with 3 top shelf drinks each was about $230 without tip. That said, it was worth every single penny. Cocktails and wine were top notch. Lobster bisque was outstanding. Beef and fish were equally superb. Salads were beyond generous and delicious. Even bread and breadsticks were extra good We were there Saturday night and enjoyed live piano and vocal music. The pianist/singer was wonderful. One of the best meals I've had in a long time. And I am pretty gosh darn critical... Especially at this level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningBillDined on 10/18/2014We reserved a table for a special wedding anniversary. The staff was courteous, friendly and attuned to our wishes. It was a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!bwkenoshaDined on 10/16/2014We decided on Fields for our 32nd anniversary dinner and everything was perfect. My husband ordered roses through the Open Table reservation site and they were on the table as we were seated. They were beautiful, then our waitress brought us complimentary champagne. We were there early on a Thursday before it got busy, so it was quiet and very enjoyable. Our steaks, bone in Filet and Porterhouse , were perfectly prepared. I added the Fields steak enhancer to my filet, I would definitely do that again. The service was outstanding. We could not have asked for a better experience. We will be going back again!Special Features:
- Loved this place!KateMDined on 10/12/2014Perfect spot to relax and enjoy a quiet meal with outstanding and friendly service being at your side making sure you have everything you need. Definitely will recommend and be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChallChall1963Dined on 10/11/2014Very romantic setting and the food was excellent! The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. Service was prompt and the food was beyond delicious!!Special Features:
- Great place!BbillyDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful restaurant! The food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Touristy Atmospherejads8627Dined on 10/3/2014Not sure why we had to wait a half an hour for our table when there were plenty if empty tables and we had a reservation. The Old Fashions we had at the bar while waiting were excellent though. This place is huge and a little too gimmicky for my tats but the food was good and the coupon we had made the prices a little more in line with the quality. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellentkpc60Dined on 10/2/2014Staff was very well versed in the menu items and made our anniversary evening special!Special Features:
- 6/10FoodyDined on 9/27/2014I was impressed with the customer service and general environment of the restaurant but the food was not impressive. There were no signature dishes and I make better steak than what was served. I was so disapointed as I thought this was going to be a great "food" experience based on internet reviews. Not worth the money and unfortuantely won't be going back:-(Special Features:
- nice place to eatDDD202Dined on 9/27/2014Over all good place to eat. It is kid friendly but personally wouldn't recommend bringing them.. it's a date night place for mom and dad to get away.Special Features:
- Best in the DellsDivemaster1974Dined on 9/20/2014If your looking for fine dining this is the definition!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsko2585Dined on 9/20/2014We always enjoy ourselves at Fields! Great food and great people. Great place to celebrate something special.Special Features:
- Fabulous for Our Getaway!GMaaDined on 9/19/2014When we are in the Dells once or twice a year, we always eat one night at Field's. Always delicious, and the service is wonderful! My only suggestion is that they use romaine - not iceburg - for their salads.Special Features:
- UnforgettablespiffyrikiDined on 9/18/2014Dinner here has made our 4th anniversary completely unforgettable. The service was top-notch, the food was mind-blowing, and we couldn't have asked for more. We were treated like VIP guests and loved every second of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceadaminwiscoDined on 9/13/2014Went there for our 10th Anniversary on the recommendation of a friend. Everything was great. Awesome service.Special Features:
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great place for any occasion or just looking for a great meal with just a couple or with a group of friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our table had great view, the waitress was very attentive and informative, the flow of the dinner from appetizers through the main course was perfect. Very good experience and food was fabulousSpecial Features:
- Perfect Anniversary Spotvalkrie778Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our first anniversary here, and had a wonderful dinner! We each got the 8 oz. filets, which were absolutely delicious and cooked perfectly. And for dessert, we got the Butter Brickle Torte, which has to be one of the best desserts we have ever had. If we are ever back in the Dells, we will certainly be returning to Field's!Special Features:
- Lovely but a little ungenerousbeannieDined on 9/2/2014For one of my birthday parties, three other parties and I celebrated at Field's/ I was told later that the waiter, waitress, concierge, etc. had been told it was my b.day and expected a complementary dessert. Guess what? Since I was treating, I paid for it!!!! Wouldn't have ordered one, ordinarily. So, be aware that most Madison restaurants treat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fields reviewSarahstar830Dined on 8/30/2014Best steak in the country! Hands down! The entire meal from being to end was fantastic! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!EatingoutDined on 8/30/2014Our party of six, four adults and two children thoroughly enjoyed the superb service and great food. Most favored was the prime rib which definitely was outstanding. The kids were tickled by the refolding of our napkins and the warm towels after dinner. The key lime torte for dessert was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced average at bestLdncDined on 8/29/2014Interesting sign on table......steaks may have a gray appearance due to natural lighting. Yuuup, steak was gray! Fillet lacked taste. Ordered medium rare......was medium at best. Always wanted to try Fields and we did. Won't go back as it was nothing special.Special Features:
- As Always!!Jan200Dined on 8/22/2014Consistency is the best way to describe Field's, the food, the service, the ambience are always, always top notch!! We have enjoyed the experience each and every time we've dined here, start to finish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!ALocalsPerspectiveDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I dined here for my birthday on Tuesday, and we were very pleased as usual. We are locals and always enjoy our experiences with Field's and their staff, and they even provided free desert given the occasion. Highly recommended for quality steaks, seafood, craft cocktails, impeccable service, friendly staff, and don't forget to order the Lobster Bisque - which is a signature to this fine facility. If you've never been here before please give it a shot next time you're in town - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Fields of Great Foodluv2dineDined on 8/17/2014Spent 6 months on a work assignment in the Dells area as a young professional in the mid 90's and fell in love with the barbecue ribs (and their homemade sauce) at their old location on Hwy 13, when I believe they were called Fields Steak and Stein. After more than a 20 year absence, now returning with our children for a vacation weekend, imagine my surprise in ordering the same meal and getting the same fantastic service and taste! The meat falls of the bone and the sauce is a pleasant mixture of sweetness and tanginess. In the interim, I've had barbecue ribs in many places, all over the US and other locations, but these rival the best I've had. I'm sure the other menu items are just as nice and served with the same quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and DeliciousKHKU2014Dined on 8/16/2014I recently took my girlfriend out to dinner as we were both in need of a romantic night alone together. Before going I heard great things about Field's but that it was expensive. I wasn't sure what to expect. Field's offered the greatest restaurant experience we have ever had. The atmosphere and food is second to none and it ended up being the best date we have ever been on. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent Fields experienceLakehouse12Dined on 8/14/2014Terrific service as usual. The seafood trio is a favorite and always a hit, and the filet was outstanding. The ambience made for a wonderful anniversary celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner for celebrationChicagoJillDined on 8/7/2014Very nice, the food was fantastic. I was surprised there were so many young children there, but it wasn't noisy. If the children were unruly I would have been disappointed. This seems like the kind of place you'd go to get away from the noise and confusion of the Dells. The lobster bisque was out of this world! Service was attentive without being intrusive. Great evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Happens.Shadow14Dined on 7/24/2014As per usual on Fields end it was Terrific Sadly the table next to us had a pre-teen Coughing to the point it Wrecked our dinner.Special Features:
- Superb RestaurantWarylDined on 7/24/2014Great food, and always great service at affordable prices.Special Features:
- Fancy FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014We ate at the Fields on our 14th Anniversary and had some of the best steaks of our lives. The staff was outstanding and we had an excellent waiter. It is a little more expensive but wroth it for a special occasion like ours. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Just wanted to say thank you for making our anniversary dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surpriseluvfoodDined on 7/17/2014We wanted to take my 13 year old boy for his birthday to a steak restaurant. The service was remarkable and the food we ordered was extremely delishous. It was worth the price and even though it is kind of connected to a water park, it was very cozy.Special Features:
- Best choicePootDined on 7/12/2014This place is the best choice for food in the Dells. It would be a second rate steakhouse in any large city. The steaks were high quality. The service is a bit suspect but what you should expect in a resort town filled with college age workers at Summer jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSteakbrat06Dined on 7/5/2014I have been to many fancy steakhouses in the Midwest, and I tell everyone that you are the best the midwest has to offer. Second on my overall list behind Gordon Ramsey Steak in Las Vegas. We will not visit the Dells w/o a stop at The FieldsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 213 reviews are from the Field's at the Wilderness reviews archive.
- sko2585Dined on 6/29/2014Food was great! service was not as great as it usually is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine evening at Field'sberrygalDined on 6/28/2014Dining at Field's is always a treat; from the Lemon Drop Martini to the Wilderness Salad (a MUST HAVE) to any entree you could choose, dining here is always a great experience. We never save enough room for dessert, but order it anyway and take it home because they are beautiful and delicious.Special Features:
- an absolute must!2goodtopassDined on 6/28/2014Went to fields in the dells for our birthday night out. Made reservations asking for a window table, which we got. Our wait staff gave us exemplery service with a touch of humor. I tried something outside my usual - the grouper special and was not disappointed. Food was fabulous! Dinner ended with a birthday dessert. Would highly recommend for any special occasion or even just a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2014The Lobster Bisque was outstanding. The steaks were all the right temperature, but underseasoned. We had to use table salt and pepper to impreove the taste. We shared the steaks due to their size. We were charged $5.00 to share the steaks per couple. I do not mind paying for a split service, because usually the plates come already split from the kitchen. Not the case at Field's. They brought the steaks in one plate, and an empty plate so we could split them at the table! Charging $5.00 for an empty plate is absurd! The steaks were a bit better than Outback, but twice as expensive, and then, a split charge of $5.00.Special Features: