Field's at the Wilderness
511 East Adams Street
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Field's at the Wilderness
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fieldsatthewilderness.com/
- Phone: 6082531400x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: Open 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tim Field
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for groups of 8, 12, 24, 50 and 80 are available. Semi-private parties of up to 130 can be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Hasheider 6082531400x
- Entertainment: Piano bar
A word from Field's at the Wilderness
Celebrate the art of fine dining in Frank Lloyd Wright style. Designed by James Dresser, the most celebrated protege of Frank Lloyd Wright. Field's at the Wilderness offers a menu with the highest standards in fine dining. Our menu features American cuisine with an emphasis on great steaks, chops, fresh grilled seafood. Also from the wood burning oven...appetizers, gourmet pizzas, and quesadillas. Savor remarkable cuisine in an intimate atmosphere surrounded by stone-hearth fireplaces, waterfalls, and an exhibition kitchen. Toast to the good life with selections from our extensive award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Field's at the Wilderness - Best Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells ›
Field's at the Wilderness reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (51)scenic view (28)notable wine list (22)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best in the DellsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014If your looking for fine dining this is the definition!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We always enjoy ourselves at Fields! Great food and great people. Great place to celebrate something special.Special Features:
- Fabulous for Our Getaway!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014When we are in the Dells once or twice a year, we always eat one night at Field's. Always delicious, and the service is wonderful! My only suggestion is that they use romaine - not iceburg - for their salads.Special Features:
- UnforgettableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Dinner here has made our 4th anniversary completely unforgettable. The service was top-notch, the food was mind-blowing, and we couldn't have asked for more. We were treated like VIP guests and loved every second of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceadaminwiscoDined on 9/13/2014Went there for our 10th Anniversary on the recommendation of a friend. Everything was great. Awesome service.Special Features:
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great place for any occasion or just looking for a great meal with just a couple or with a group of friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our table had great view, the waitress was very attentive and informative, the flow of the dinner from appetizers through the main course was perfect. Very good experience and food was fabulousSpecial Features:
- Perfect Anniversary Spotvalkrie778Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our first anniversary here, and had a wonderful dinner! We each got the 8 oz. filets, which were absolutely delicious and cooked perfectly. And for dessert, we got the Butter Brickle Torte, which has to be one of the best desserts we have ever had. If we are ever back in the Dells, we will certainly be returning to Field's!Special Features:
- Lovely but a little ungenerousbeannieDined on 9/2/2014For one of my birthday parties, three other parties and I celebrated at Field's/ I was told later that the waiter, waitress, concierge, etc. had been told it was my b.day and expected a complementary dessert. Guess what? Since I was treating, I paid for it!!!! Wouldn't have ordered one, ordinarily. So, be aware that most Madison restaurants treat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fields reviewSarahstar830Dined on 8/30/2014Best steak in the country! Hands down! The entire meal from being to end was fantastic! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!EatingoutDined on 8/30/2014Our party of six, four adults and two children thoroughly enjoyed the superb service and great food. Most favored was the prime rib which definitely was outstanding. The kids were tickled by the refolding of our napkins and the warm towels after dinner. The key lime torte for dessert was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced average at bestLdncDined on 8/29/2014Interesting sign on table......steaks may have a gray appearance due to natural lighting. Yuuup, steak was gray! Fillet lacked taste. Ordered medium rare......was medium at best. Always wanted to try Fields and we did. Won't go back as it was nothing special.Special Features:
- As Always!!Jan200Dined on 8/22/2014Consistency is the best way to describe Field's, the food, the service, the ambience are always, always top notch!! We have enjoyed the experience each and every time we've dined here, start to finish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!ALocalsPerspectiveDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I dined here for my birthday on Tuesday, and we were very pleased as usual. We are locals and always enjoy our experiences with Field's and their staff, and they even provided free desert given the occasion. Highly recommended for quality steaks, seafood, craft cocktails, impeccable service, friendly staff, and don't forget to order the Lobster Bisque - which is a signature to this fine facility. If you've never been here before please give it a shot next time you're in town - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Fields of Great Foodluv2dineDined on 8/17/2014Spent 6 months on a work assignment in the Dells area as a young professional in the mid 90's and fell in love with the barbecue ribs (and their homemade sauce) at their old location on Hwy 13, when I believe they were called Fields Steak and Stein. After more than a 20 year absence, now returning with our children for a vacation weekend, imagine my surprise in ordering the same meal and getting the same fantastic service and taste! The meat falls of the bone and the sauce is a pleasant mixture of sweetness and tanginess. In the interim, I've had barbecue ribs in many places, all over the US and other locations, but these rival the best I've had. I'm sure the other menu items are just as nice and served with the same quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and DeliciousKHKU2014Dined on 8/16/2014I recently took my girlfriend out to dinner as we were both in need of a romantic night alone together. Before going I heard great things about Field's but that it was expensive. I wasn't sure what to expect. Field's offered the greatest restaurant experience we have ever had. The atmosphere and food is second to none and it ended up being the best date we have ever been on. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent Fields experienceLakehouse12Dined on 8/14/2014Terrific service as usual. The seafood trio is a favorite and always a hit, and the filet was outstanding. The ambience made for a wonderful anniversary celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner for celebrationChicagoJillDined on 8/7/2014Very nice, the food was fantastic. I was surprised there were so many young children there, but it wasn't noisy. If the children were unruly I would have been disappointed. This seems like the kind of place you'd go to get away from the noise and confusion of the Dells. The lobster bisque was out of this world! Service was attentive without being intrusive. Great evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Happens.Shadow14Dined on 7/24/2014As per usual on Fields end it was Terrific Sadly the table next to us had a pre-teen Coughing to the point it Wrecked our dinner.Special Features:
- Superb RestaurantWarylDined on 7/24/2014Great food, and always great service at affordable prices.Special Features:
- Fancy FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014We ate at the Fields on our 14th Anniversary and had some of the best steaks of our lives. The staff was outstanding and we had an excellent waiter. It is a little more expensive but wroth it for a special occasion like ours. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Just wanted to say thank you for making our anniversary dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surpriseluvfoodDined on 7/17/2014We wanted to take my 13 year old boy for his birthday to a steak restaurant. The service was remarkable and the food we ordered was extremely delishous. It was worth the price and even though it is kind of connected to a water park, it was very cozy.Special Features:
- Best choicePootDined on 7/12/2014This place is the best choice for food in the Dells. It would be a second rate steakhouse in any large city. The steaks were high quality. The service is a bit suspect but what you should expect in a resort town filled with college age workers at Summer jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSteakbrat06Dined on 7/5/2014I have been to many fancy steakhouses in the Midwest, and I tell everyone that you are the best the midwest has to offer. Second on my overall list behind Gordon Ramsey Steak in Las Vegas. We will not visit the Dells w/o a stop at The FieldsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Food was great! service was not as great as it usually is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine evening at Field'sberrygalDined on 6/28/2014Dining at Field's is always a treat; from the Lemon Drop Martini to the Wilderness Salad (a MUST HAVE) to any entree you could choose, dining here is always a great experience. We never save enough room for dessert, but order it anyway and take it home because they are beautiful and delicious.Special Features:
- an absolute must!2goodtopassDined on 6/28/2014Went to fields in the dells for our birthday night out. Made reservations asking for a window table, which we got. Our wait staff gave us exemplery service with a touch of humor. I tried something outside my usual - the grouper special and was not disappointed. Food was fabulous! Dinner ended with a birthday dessert. Would highly recommend for any special occasion or even just a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2014The Lobster Bisque was outstanding. The steaks were all the right temperature, but underseasoned. We had to use table salt and pepper to impreove the taste. We shared the steaks due to their size. We were charged $5.00 to share the steaks per couple. I do not mind paying for a split service, because usually the plates come already split from the kitchen. Not the case at Field's. They brought the steaks in one plate, and an empty plate so we could split them at the table! Charging $5.00 for an empty plate is absurd! The steaks were a bit better than Outback, but twice as expensive, and then, a split charge of $5.00.Special Features:
- Food, Music, and Excellent ServicestonemillnzDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I were wanting to get away for a date night and enjoy our time together. The whole place has a Frank Lloyd Wright architecture feel and felt comfortable. The upper tables have a view of the pond and the central fountain. Food and drinks were outstanding and we can't say enough good things about our server and his willingness to make sure we got our food the way we wanted it. There was live piano music throughout our meal and the restaurant. My wife and I went over to the bar area after our meal to enjoy a cocktail and make a few music requests of our own. A fantastic evening overall!Special Features:
- Always greatPhilnDined on 6/16/2014We love coming here when we are in town. Always a great experience and great food. I requested a booth and a bottle of champagne to be waiting at the table upon arrival and everything was done just right and we had another awesome night as always. Thanks fields for another memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding find in the Dell areaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Great contrast to the water park themes and great good and escape for adults looking for atmosphere and good foodSpecial Features:
- Fabulous FiletsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/13/2014I dine here every time I visit the Dells. This time they had wonderful live music. My friend did not like the particular wine she ordered and they removed it from the bill. I recommend the spinach side salad with the hot bacon dressing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Great food but for the price and the date I had planned (girlfriend's birthday celebration for two) I would not go there again. Had a private booth but was dressed up for a special occasion. Groups seated througout the room were in their swimwear from the local waterpark.Special Features:
- ExcellenttmmoDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I traveled to the Wisconsin dells for the weekend, celebrated my husbands birthday. Staff was very familiar with the menu and specials, around often to fill up our water glass. Wonderful date night experience.Special Features:
- great placeFlavioDined on 5/26/2014I've been going to fields for some time now.. I've driven from my home near Chicago just for dinner there at least 7 times.. Came this week for my girlfriend for her birthday.. Not surprisingly, she loved it. Thanks again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, atmosphere, and menuRussyDined on 5/25/2014The waitors we had were the friendliest and most well-mannered wait staff we have encountered in a while. The food was unique and the premier potato with jalapeños was delicious! Great atmosphere right on a little lake. We would definitely come back and recommend Field's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 201 reviews are from the Field's at the Wilderness reviews archive.
- Consistently the bestMaddinerDined on 5/21/2014We've been to Field's many times and the food, service, and ambience have always been excellent. The patrons are generally vacationers from around the country and the world and it's clear from observing that they are all enjoying themselves immensely. The staff are well trained and our host, Robert John is the patron saint of hospitality. Find him at the bar -- great guy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience was outstandingLanerDined on 5/16/2014We have been there very many times and always have had an outstanding experience. The owner, Robert, has always been exceptionally gracious and has become a true friend. Jim and all the people who work there are outstanding. We always look forward to our visits to Fields.Special Features:
- Field's Salad/Lobster BisqueFoodieDined on 5/11/2014The ambience is lovely, our food presentation was beautiful as well, but I still prefer excellence in taste. The Field's Salad and Losbster Bisque fit that bill...our duck, risotto, shrimp and prime rib would fit more the good rating. Still worth checking out as this is one of the top three restaurants in the Dells area....so maybe three nights in the Dells is a good idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.