2760 Shelter Island Dr
San Diego, CA 92106Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fiddlers Green Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fiddlersgreensandiego.com/default.htm
- Phone: 6192222216
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Patio/Outdoor Dining
Today, Steve & Debi of Point Loma and their friends welcome you to their own Fiddler's Green where the best food and drink, and perhaps a touch of merriment, are offered nightly in one of the world's most renowned sailing ports. We hope you join us here as often as your voyages allow.
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
- Huge DisappointmentBrunchDined on 8/22/2014First of all the elevator was shut off so we had to carry the stroller up the stairs. Then the service was SLOW. Then the food was terrible. This place is aged and clearly management has just let it go from the decor to the kitchen. I was beyond disappointed. I was there is family from out of town and wanted to take them somewhere nice to impress them with San Diego and they left with a bad taste in their mouth. They won't be back to San Diego and I won't be back to Fiddlers Green. The host staff was the only positive in the experience. They were sweet and accommodating. I almost feel bad that they work at such a sad excuse for a restaurant.
- Great as always!Bon47Dined on 8/10/2014We come here a lot, and always enjoy our dinner. Great neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:
- Anniversary celebration40yearanniversaryDined on 8/9/2014My wife and i were celebrating our forty year anniversary. WE had been to Fiddlers green many time in the past when it was formerly Chart House. We had our first date at this establishment. e wanted to relive the memory. The food was great, service fantastic and our experience was wonderful. The owner himself took a special interest in our visit after telling him of our long standing relationship with his restaurant. I highly recommend everyone give a try.Special Features:
- Great Prime RibSB341VIPDined on 7/17/2014We were in San Diego on vacation and got back late from a trip. Trying to find a place was a bit difficult and we ended up at Fiddler's Green. Even though we were obviously the last diners in the place, the service was unhurried and the food was excellent. The Prime Rib was particularly wonderful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to those around Shelter Island.Special Features:
- Always a hitUpgratedReviewsDined on 5/25/2014Been going here for years and it's always a great pick for friends and out of towners looking for a great steak and seafood meal with real Point Loma atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Fiddlers Green Restaurant reviews archive.
- PerceptorDined on 5/11/2014Loved the food, my favorite I would have to say we're the coconut shrimp. The claim chowder was ok, but I really enjoyed my peppered New York strip steak. I really liked the nautical theme they had going. My daughter really loved seeing all the model boats they have displayed everywhere. The waitress we had was fast and friendly. I took my wife there for Mother's Day and she really enjoyed her experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork Chop HEAVEN!Maserati92101VIPDined on 5/10/2014I am not really known to go for a pork dish very often but my eyes light up and my mouth waters every time I step foot in Fiddler's just thinking about it. I have also had other entrees that were equally good but the pork chop is hard to pass up. Great maritime vibe right off the yacht club area of shelter island. Not too touristy but mostly locals and those docked nearby. GREAT food! Can be a bit loud with the live music playing on top of the crowd when busy but overall really GREAT!Special Features:
- Just what we neededOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014We had a party of 9 for a graduation celebration, which included two wee ones. Everyone was taken care of by our excellent waiter. Perfect for a family setting, but I don't know that I'd recommend for a date situation.Special Features:
- Disappointed, very muchANewResturantEachWeekVIPDined on 5/6/2014As soon as I walked in, I felt this restaurant is the perfect candidate for the "Bar Rescue". The restaurant really needs some update, the cushion on the booth was old and the restaurant smells old. OK, I tried to be open-minded, maybe the food is good. Ordered shrimp cocktail, it was OK, nothing spectacular. You can get much better shrimp cocktail at the stripe club steak house. Ordered the clam chowder, both my husband and I thought that tasted very strange, very sour but the clams did not taste like anything. We both lived in New England before, so we know what clam chowder should taste like. Also ordered the steak, taste OK, but seems previously frozen, too much blood coming out of the steak. We had better steak at Apple Bees.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014We keep coming back for the consistent food especially the prime rib and rib eye steak. Everyone is always friendly. See ya soon!Special Features:
- Tried and trueWKRPDined on 4/3/2014We LOVE Fiddler's Green and while it is a great romantic go-to for us on a date night, it also is a terrific spot for get-togethers with friends, and has become the place our young-adult kids choose for their family birthday dinners. Everyone always leaves happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good....Bon47Dined on 3/28/2014My husband and I have eaten here many times, and this time we were with my sister and brother-in-law. The food is always great, the prices reasonable, and the wait staff wonderful! It truly is our favorite restaurant in the Pt. Loma area. I generally order the double pork chop, but this time I had the Ahi, which they do really well here. My husband tried the Prime Rib for the first time, the smaller cut, but was amazed by how big the portion was. He said it was really yummy! We will, of course, always be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificWKRPDined on 3/8/2014We have been going to Fiddler's Green since it was The Chart House a million years ago. The ambience, service and food are always delish. Great place for a romantic dinner, a couples' get-together or a party of more than a few. Upscale but not high brow. Wear your boat shoes and shorts or doll up in a favorite cocktail dress for a night out. It all works.Special Features:
- Fiddlers GreensdamandaDined on 2/5/2014I've dined at Fiddlers many times over the years. The staff is always very friendly and attentive and the food is delicious. I love the tropical decor.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Food was excellent and prepared just as we wanted. Server (can't remember her name) was there when we needed her to be and not intrusive. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve dinnerJerrykDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I very much enjoyed our New Years Eve dinner at the Fiddlers Green. We have eaten there several times in our visits to Shelter Island and have always had excellent service and good food at moderate prices in a fun ambiance.Special Features:
- Great mealmygalsalDined on 12/6/2013Wonderful dinner. Rather late (for us- 8PM), yet veggies, baked potato were fresh, not as thou they had been sitting. I had Prime Rib -perfect! On the rare side, large enough to share with my husband who ordered the Ahi (also excellent). Extra horseradish brought quickly. Good stiff cocktail. We loved the decor. Kinda' kicky....nautical, lots of wood. warm and comfortable. Great service from AlliSpecial Features:
- great food and servicelocalVIPDined on 12/4/2013nice & quiet for mid-week evening dining... great food & service as always.Special Features:
- Less than expectedMarkVIPDined on 11/28/2013Visited for Thanksgiving. Dated environment, a bit worn. Did not have special turkey dinner. although it looked good. Opted for rack of lamb (very good). Dinner partner had king crab (served cold and over cooked) Soup tasted soapy. Salad was bland. Vegetable "medley" just poor. Service couldn't keep up. Expected a bit more for Shelter Island Restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, seriousVirginiaDined on 10/23/2013Great Atmosphere, serious collection of yacht half models and memorabilia. Food was excellent - tuna starter was sushi grade and was a meal in itself. Waitress excellent.Special Features:
- While visiting san Diego,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2013While visiting san Diego, my family decided to try Fiddler's Green after reading good reviews. The hostess was super friendly and we were seated right away. We did have a reservation, but I don't think it was needed as there were open tables. For starters, the restaurant was HOT. It was uncomfortable. Our server was a scatterbrain. I ordered and they ran out of whatever it was I originally ordered, so he came back and I selected the Mahi Mahi special, which was terrible. They were out of french fries, so the server came back to tell my son to choose another side. we ordered a crabcake appetizer and never received it prior to our dinner, so he brought them out when he brought the check??? This restaurant was disappointing & needs A/C!!
- sailors dinnerreservationgueenDined on 10/18/2013We had 18 people for dinner . The table was ready for us at tge time we wanted. Service was great and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally takes me back...LOVE IT!!KimberlyDined on 10/12/2013This was my second happenstance to the Fiddlers Green. The ambiance isa throwback to the 1970's and the food is AWESOME!! I had in my mind what the food would taste like and it didn't disappoint! A really great selection of steaks and seafood, generous portions, and fantastic flavors. The wait staff is always friendly and you feel like you're dining with friends. The decor is very comfortable, lots of wood will remind you of the 70's but don't let that fool you!! Very reasonable prices fir an exceptional dining experience!!Special Features:
- Thank Goodness For Other ChoicesSorelyDisappointedVIPDined on 9/23/2013Bad location--not in Point Loma and not on Shelter Island. Food very mediocre and the service was horrible. Waited 15 minutes for a watered-down martini which we promptly sent back. Probably had sat on the shelf in the shaker, melting the ice and diluting the gin. Waitress had probably too many tables, even though the restaurant was not that crowded. Would never go there again as there are way too many better choices in the San Diego area.
- fiddlers greenlocalVIPDined on 9/20/2013Excellent food and waitstaff every time... we love eating here! Look forward to coming again.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!OntheRoadAgainDined on 8/12/2013Two birthdays within 10 days ... where to go? Fiddlers Green is awesome! The staff is very attentive and the food is delicious. Can't believe we only just discovered this gem, right in our neighborhood! Already looking forward to our next outing; won't wait for another birthday, that's for sure :-)Special Features:
- great food and serviceTable4U2Dined on 8/9/2013Open Table reservations are great! This place always has our table waiting for us, gives us prompt service and the food is always fresh & delicious.Special Features:
- Fiddler's is always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/2/2013Predictably good experience. They still have the teriyaki sirloin "baseball cut"which you need to ask for. Great vibe, great value, a A A welcoming place on Shelter Island. The place was the second of the original Chart Houses and retains the best qualities of that classic. Steve Rock worked there as a waiter over 40 years ago and now as owner. Is always there to make sure things are right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner @ Fiddler's GreenDineWBDined on 7/18/2013This place was an overall good experience, excellent service by Alli and the person in training. Had the salmon and prime rib for dinner, not excellent but very good. It he only real disappointment was having to navigate through the smokers on the front patio to gain entrance into the restaurant , not fun for a first visit experience. I would however recommend you give it a try.Special Features:
- nice peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013owner was a very nice and our server (Melissa) was great too. a little pricey but good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food okayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2013We arrived at Fiddler's Green for an early dinner on a Friday night. It was my spouse's 50th birthday and chose this restaurant because of all the positive reviews. We were given a nice booth in the corner. We selected the salmon with garlic potatoes and the jumbo coconut shrimp with rice pilaf. Both were served with green beans and cooked perfectly. However, we thought the food could use more seasoning. Lemon and a dash of salt was added for flavor. We were very full and did not order dessert. Tom, our, waiter brought a brownie a la mode for my spouse which was a very nice touch. He was excellent and made our experience at Fiddler's brighter.Special Features:
- Fiddler's Green has some ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2013Fiddler's Green has some of the best roast prime rib in San Diego.Special Features:
- Dinner DiningTable4U2Dined on 6/28/2013Nice atmosphere, quick service & good food... rooms near the back are great for a group or family of easy talk/listen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just never think of hittingChewsieDined on 6/21/2013Just never think of hitting this place less than a mile from our house. Nothing fancy about the restaurant or the menu - we ordered seared ahi and a rack of lamb. Large portions, cooked the way we asked and excellent service. Live "lounge" music created a kind of local hangout kind of feel. Noise level low enough that we were able to talk to each other and to tourists sitting at nearby tables. This is probably not the place for that special occasion, but they will definitely see us again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neat find. Don't let theJoeMac27VIPDined on 6/6/2013A neat find. Don't let the dated look of Fiddler's Green turn you off. It's an old-school marina restaurant that hasn't had much done the way of updating the decor, but if you look around, there are a lot of neat items on the walls and hanging form the ceilings. Most of it is nautical and some is from local artists. Anyway, the food is very good and reasonably priced. The Callahan Cut prime rib is a monster!! But the appetizers are good, the people are friendly (lots of locals and regulars) and it's consistently good seafood.Special Features:
- Local Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/26/2013Ventured out to Fiddlers for the first time a few month ago and have been back several times since. It's a big restaurant that can accomodate large parties, yet the friendly staff makes you feel cozy and at home. Most importantly, the food is fantastic. The Grilled Ahi Tuna is a fresh, local catch that is seared to perfection every time. And the accompanying Wasabi Aioli sauce is so so so good! My wife loves the Seafood Pasta. We've already made this our local favorite and will continue to go and enjoy the food and atmosphere in the future!Special Features:
- Nice place. Accommodated ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013Nice place. Accommodated our group of 13 at almost the last minute. Very friendly and helpful staff. Our group ordered a variety of dishes from salads,sandwiches( ask for the Bar Menu), sea bass special to Prime rib. Excellent food. Will definitely visit again when in SD.Special Features:
- Our waitress was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Our waitress was fantastic and so was the food..And also making a reservation online was way to easy.Well be coming back soon and writing a great reveiw on Yelp. thanks RickSpecial Features:
- Biggest Mistake EverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2013The service was the slowest I had ever encountered. It took us 15 mins to get a menu, our waitress took another 15 mins to get our drink orders. We had to ask for place settings as there was nothing at the table we were seated at. My husband ordered a pasta dish and said that the pasta tasted as if it had been boiled together with another food item and was not tasty at all. I ordered the Rack of Lamb and it was by far the worse lamb I had ever had. Over seasoned and over cooked. The broccoli was still half uncooked and the bottom layer of broccoli was still.Not worth going making a reservation as they don't even acknowledge you or pay attention to your requests.
- the beef...andyDined on 2/14/2013saddens me to write this review, but based on my last experience i prob wont be back. i had completely forgotten to write this review, so its a little passed due. the thing i really enjoyed about fiddlers green was their prime rib. always hit the spot and usually cooked just right with perfect seasoning (minus a few times). although this last time was so great. i settled for the fiddlers cut (callahan cut is good.. its just sooo much haha) the steak was lukewarm and was very fatty and chewy.. its for sure not what i remember tasting the last few times we had been here, the broccoli tasted horrible.. almost burnt flavor (something was up with the water...) the dine in experience wasnt very good, i dont think i would be coming back.