203 Mott Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fiatcafenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 969-1809
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Oscar Santana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Stephane Iacovelli 9175683377
- Cross Street: Spring Street
- Public Transit: 6 train @ Spring street, R & N & W trains @ Prince street, J & M trains @ Bowery & B,D,F, V trains @ Broadway-Lafayette
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking and a garage located 200ft from the restaurant (parking on 75 Kenmare street).
A word from Fiat Cafe
Fiat cafe is not only a roomy cafe in the heart of Nolita but a symbolical warm and welcoming place to grab a bite. The inside contains a colorful surrounding as fiat 500 cars of variant types are fixed on the wall emphasizing it’s simple but original theme. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiat Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (4)romantic (4)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- charmingskdineDined on 10/21/2014Fiat is a tiny spot serving up great food with reasonable prices (for the neighborhood). I would recommend checking out the specials. This is a great under the radar date spot or for dinner after an afternoon of shopping. The servers work hard to accommodate the crowds so tip well. Cash only.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014Very accommodating for a large group - food came out quickly and everyone was pleased with their orders. Extremely affordable too!Special Features:
- Delicious!lilmissnonameDined on 8/15/2014We were ten minutes late for our reservation and so our table had been given away, but were given a complimentary glass of red while we waited. The server was very attentive and thanked us for our understanding. We didn't mind, only 5-10mins later we had a table. We ordered the olive/celery Bruscetta to share between the two of us, followed by Ravioli with Brown Butter Sage and my friend: the Duck Pappardelle. Dessert was Tiramisu and Coffee Panna Cotta - EVERYTHING was delicious and at good price too! If I'm ever back in NYC I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Favorite NYC spotSeanFDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I love Fiat Cafe. The service is great, the food is amazing and it's really affordable for the area. Harry is usually our server and always makes a point to make our evening special. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the Fiat Cafe reviews archive.
- Fiat cafeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Love this restaurant. I have even twice and both times have had a great experience. The food is delicious and affordable and the restaurant itself is adorable. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE!AiveliraVIPDined on 7/19/2014LOVED the food very tasty and affordable in this day and age which is Amazing!!! GREAT atmosphere, adorable spot, on a cute side street in the Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrannyDined on 6/5/2014Fiat Cafe is my favorite restaurant in New York. Easy & charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gasfndr1Dined on 5/23/2014Our new favorite Italian place in New York. Small, cozy but great atmosphere and spectacular food. Very reasonably priced. Great service !! Well worth the $20 cab ride from Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunch on Mother's DaytmszDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed Café Fiat so much – I felt like I had walked into a friend's dining room for brunch. We were greeted with the most cheerful smiling faces, and we felt right at home in the cute café with fiat pictures on the walls. The omelets were fluffy and served with lovely fresh greens. We had the fresh fruit with strawberry coulis and the pineapple tasted like it had been picked that morning. I ordered black coffee and it came foamy and I was confused thinking they had put cream in it, but it was black and foamy and absolutely delicious. Mimosas are made with prosecco and fresh orange juice, which I prefer to champagne.Their dinner menu looked great, we will return next time we are in NY. Prices were very reasonable for such quality.Special Features:
- great food, not expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014The food and service were great. Our food came out a bit slowly, but I think it was because so many people sat down at once. I'm definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemProperDined on 4/20/2014The staff was excellent and the good very good. Discovered a wonderful neighboorhood. Menu affordable and little tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocrefaircriticDined on 3/22/2014While it is inexpensive, it's still not worth it. Tables are very close together, zero ambiance, food mediocre. Maybe better at lunch.
- Fantastic!PilchVIPDined on 3/15/2014This place was awesome! The place is very small, but it adds to the charm. This would not be a good place for parties of 5 or more. I went for breakfast. The prices are so reasonable and my goat cheese and spinach omlet eas superb. I love that it was served with a side of greens, and the canadian bacon was good too. My favorite part was the coffee. I have never tasted coffee that good before. I had to get a cup to go!Special Features:
- Fiat cafePtwhite560Dined on 3/9/2014I enjoyed my experience at Fiat Cafe. The food overall was good, but the eggs in my Eggs Benedict were way over cooked, but the rest of my party really loved their meals. Restaurant is quite small and I wasn't prepared for that with my parka and back pack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When I first arrived I wasEmmejotaDined on 2/15/2014When I first arrived I was surprised because it is smaller than it looks on the website. The tables were very close together....but once I got in and sat down, it didn't feel small or snug at all. The food was good comfort food for a dreary winter day. I had the spaghetti carbonara and it was perfect! Also, no tourists and no crowds for a late lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBrianDined on 2/14/2014Great restaurant with great food -- a little small, so might not be the greatest for large groups, but food was excellent, portions were large... all for a great price! Only downside is Fiat Cafe's size -- intended to be small and cozy, which we found charming, but the tables are reasonably close together and does get a little stuffy inside when completely full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Little Authentic Italian PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2014Love, love, love this restaurant. Favorite Italian restaurant... Easily. Their pesto is fantastic. It's cute. It's little. No one hurries you to leave. Make a reservation and it can even handle a medium-sized group. Go with the Torre Rosa red wine. Get coffee panecotta for dessert. Oh and their coffee is fantastic.Special Features:
- Tiny little surprise!rebeckDined on 1/18/2014Fiat Cafe is a delicious little surprise tucked in at the northern end of Little Italy. Great food from the tiniest kitchen, friendly and competent staff, and very near the cheap parking lot on Kenmare!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemSuzieqDined on 1/10/2014Fiat Cafe on Mott St. Is a neighborhood gem. The staff was friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. I had a vegetarian panini that was to die for. The ambiance was like a European cafe...intimate, but not stuffy. The menu had something for everyone. I would recommend Fiat for lunch or coffee if you are out and about shopping or gallery hopping in Nolita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little piece of Europe in NolitaAngieVIPDined on 9/20/2013I passed by the cafe two years ago and something Told me to try it early in the morning. I am a regular ever since. European staff makes you feel at home and very Welcome. The food is superbly fresh, well prepared, and tasty. My latest meal of poached salmon Melted in my mouth. The fish tasted so fresh as if just caught. At $14 it was a much Better deal than anywhere. The place is cash only but don't fret Because the prices are truly low. My chicken Milanese costs $12 while it's $30 elsewhere. I have seen tourists with not enough cash on hand. Staff shows them nearest ATM and trusts them to come back to pay. So you get the idea: homey, delicious, fresh, clean place just like in a small town in Europe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Part of the NeighborhoodMidwestMavenVIPDined on 8/31/2013The food and wine were nice, not mind blowing, but generous for the price and quite yummy. The evening ambiance was exactly what we were looking for. We went early and the place was empty, but was filling up before we left. A really lovely neighborhood atmosphere.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseEllenVIPDined on 7/24/2013Amazing how such good food comes from such an unpretentious place. Very small, with crowded tables, but not at all uncomfortable. The chicken piccata got raves at our table as well as pasta with duck confit and truffle. The eggplant Parm was like grandma's--not the breaded fried patties covered in sauce, but sautéed slices, layered with plain homemade sauce and lots of cheese. Best of all, it is inexpensive--even with 3 bottles of wine for our table of 5, it was under $200. Don't forget cash, though--don't think they take credit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodredsugarplumVIPDined on 7/13/2013The food at this neighborhood gem is superb... especially for the price.Special Features:
- ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/29/2013Fiat Cafe is a wonderful little gem of a restaurant fit into a very small, somewhat cramped space. The food was yummy; all 5 of us cleaned our plates with glee. Cash only, and amazing value for the money -- likely the least expensive dining experience you will find anywhere in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive ExperiencesapphirepinkDined on 6/22/2013I've been to this establishment several times. I've eaten in, picked up take-out, and ordered delivery. The food is very good and satisfying. The price is very reasonable. This is a very casual restaurant. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant to someone.Special Features:
- EVERYTHING'S DELICIOUS!!!y2lou35Dined on 5/17/2013Everything is delicious! My girlfriend ordered Penne Bolognese while I had Veal Parmagina with a side of Broccoli Rabe. We both come from very big Italian families and the food was amazing. Small cafe not a ton of room but so charming. If you're into cars and like Fiats you'll love the little decorations all around the cafe. The staff is quick, curtious, and very friendly. Save room for dessert too the Tiramisu is the best I've had in a long time and the Cappuccino was so good it was difficult to put down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinquecento friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/29/2013Small. Simple, good food. Very comfortable environment for family with middle school age kids. Cash only. Great if you love Fiats!Special Features:
- Great pastaRigolettoDaughterDined on 3/2/2013First time at the Fiat Cafe and like its namesake, it is tiny but charming. We were there for dinner on a Saturday night. It was not crowded when we arrived but became so by the time we left. Pasta was perfectly cooked al dente and makes a big difference regardless of the sauce. We had the Buratta and the caponata appetizers, both were okay. The toasted bread with the caponata made the dish better and the beans that accompanied it were delicious.. I had the spaghetti carbonara and it was very good and flavorful. Very wallet friendly!Special Features:
- Unique and quirkyViscountDined on 2/16/2013A good place to go with a unique setting. It has all of the qualities of a quirky off-beat kind of place. The space was tight but manageable and it would be best to travel light. It would be even more fun during the warmer months when you don't have big bulky clothes to lug around. They do their best to cater to groups but gets really loud when people become more jovial and the libations flowing. The food was okay but I was surprised to see them using a microwave to heat up my food. I know its common but I wasn't expecting it. I would still go back and recommend to others if noise and tight spaces doesn't bother you but Fiat wouldn't be my first choice during a busy dinner session.
- Thought the brunch would beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013Thought the brunch would be as great as dinner, but the food quantities were small, and the quality lacking.The good news is that they take reservations for large groups, didn't rush us and are super affordable (especially for SoHo!)Special Features:
- Solid Italian gem in NolitaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/14/2012Solid Italian gem in Nolita where I take all my NYC visitors. Never had a disappointed guest. Cash only though but don't let it deter you.Special Features:
- What a nice surprise! GreatFanfarloVIPDined on 9/7/2012What a nice surprise! Great price for a nice dinner with friends. Tasty bruschetas, fresh salads and delicious pasta over Pinot Grigio at a bargain price. We were 6, were treated very well in such a tiny space and enjoyed and had fun. I recommend it for a relaxed and informal nightSpecial Features:
- Cute and cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/9/2012It´s a very small little place, dedicated to Fiat, in particular the cute little Fiat 500. I like this place because the food is good and affordable and the place is cute and charming! I can sit here for hours, enjoy an espresso and just watch the people passing by.Special Features:
- Good Prices / Standard FareOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/23/2012The Fiat Café is a “dive restaurant” with charm. There was nothing fancy about this joint but it was a great place to grab a late night bite to eat. The prices were very reasonable (and I don’t mean “NYC reasonable” – they were low!) Food was nothing special, not bad, just standard – which was exactly what I was in the mood for. Service was not there to impress, just to serve, but we never felt rushed. All in all, this was a relaxing dining experience, for a good price, spent with good friends.Special Features:
- cute little spotedgeVIPDined on 6/17/2012Cramped little place, but very cute atmosphere with the little Fiat cars and posters. The menu has plenty of choices under $10, which is great for such a neighborhood! Very reasonable prices and good food. Great place to catch up with a friend.Special Features:
- I rated Fiat Cafe outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/13/2012I rated Fiat Cafe outstanding because I always have a pleasant experience when I go. The food is affordable and delicious and the wine list, though small, is equally so. It reminds me very much of the cafes in Europe. The service is great--the manager always seats us as soon as our table is ready, regardless of whether our entire party has arrived. I really appreciate this as I often brunch in groups of 5 or 6 and someone is always running late. It's nice to be able to sit down and order wine and review the menu comfortably right away. I really love to go back time and time again and recommend it all the time to friends.Special Features:
- This is my go to neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/21/2012This is my go to neighborhood brunch place. Its inexpensive (for Manhattan) and has excellent food. I've had salmon eggs benedict at many places and this one ranks on top.Special Features:
- Very reasonably priced, moreedgeVIPDined on 3/18/2012Very reasonably priced, more of a cafe feel than other places in the area where it may be very crowded and management wants high turnover. But staff here are very friendly and makes sure you leave satisfied. Small tables, but decor and atmosphere makes up for it.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Great restaurant for Italian food. Nice cozy scene.Special Features:
- Good basic Italian. It's aRedbrendaVIPDined on 9/9/2011Good basic Italian. It's a shame they won't accept credit cards.Special Features: