31781 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675Neighborhood:
San Juan Capistrano
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fianosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9494818300
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Friday and Saturday: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fiano's
Providing the finest food, wines, atmosphere, and hospitality. Let us serve you in our dining rooms or our beautiful patio. Visit us at www.fianosrestaurant.com and Like us on FacebookContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiano's reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fiano's is a Must Go To!!DinerDined on 8/30/2014The food is EXCELLENT! Service always top-notch. I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant. This is where we come for great food & fabulous pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Fiano's reviews archive.
- DeliciousDined on 5/24/2014First time to Fiano's and it won't be our last! Outstanding food and service. Our server was great and very helpful. Had the best burger EVER. My daughter had the pasta with seafood and it was delicious. The portions are big. We ended up taking much of it home. Will be back.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 5/18/2014Salmon and lasagne excellent. Food is the highlight at this neighborhood establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian bistroTeacherVIPDined on 5/11/2014One of the best in town. I do suggest they expand their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother' DaytmillDined on 5/11/2014I brought my mom and brother here for mother's day lunch. I did not know it was going to be a specific brunch only menu as I was looking forward to the regular menu but my family seemed to enjoy it. I just had some Ceviche and a few cocktails. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food, tiny portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014We visited for Mother's Day Brunch. We expected a good meal considering the premium location by the SJC train station. Instead, the brunch was pretty close to what you would get at a Holiday Inn Express -- pancakes that tasted like they came from a machine, overcooked eggs and tiny portion sizes. Even my children did not fill up ordering off the adult menu. The menu was very simple and just one page. The service was slow, and we had the feeling that this restaurant has never served brunch or a holiday meal before.
- Good Italian bistroTeacherVIPDined on 4/27/2014Our meals were excellent. I had the eggplant parmeggiana and my friend had the chicken parmeggian. We started off with the stuffed mushrooms which were great. I recommend Fiano's.Special Features:
- LunchLMSDDined on 3/25/2014Fiano's is a wonderful and very special place! Request a table by the window, have them open it and watch the world go by. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fianno's - chow bella!edbykerDined on 3/24/2014i like the eclectic mix of appetizers & entrees mixed with traditional italian. i've dined here twice & not been disappointed. - blessingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDesireeDined on 3/23/2014We happened to be brought here as a fundraiser to a group. So glad, or we never would had gone. I thought it was a wine bar - but the food was outstanding and great kid menu. We were well taken care of by two staff members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiano'sTomLDined on 3/22/2014Always enjoy the food, service and convenience. Love their bread and calamari. Often get the filet and it's always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodSJCLocalDined on 3/21/2014At Our most recent visit to Fiano's, we were extremely impressed with the food. Everything we ordered was beyond our expectations. The Bruschetta choices were very unique and delicious. The fig appetizer (which I did not think I would like) just melted in our mouths. The Chicken Berry Salad was a delicious entrée salad. The Lobster Ravioli was rich, creamy and filling. The Beef Stroganoff was the best my husband has ordered, and he tries this at many restaurants. I HIGHLY recommend Fiano's for the outstanding food, great service and fun atmosphere. I will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is wonderfulNeighborVIPDined on 3/15/2014We have gone during the week for the $12 dinners which are perfect portion and very yummy. The service is personable, attentive, friendly, and remembers us. My husband claims they have the best pizza anywhere. They make all their own pastas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, my husbandJewellDined on 2/15/2014Food was very good, my husband had lamb chops and said they were the best he ever had..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an enjoyable eveningSeamusDined on 1/4/2014We had an enjoyable evening at Fiano's last weekend. The service was excellent. We chose chicken piccata, lobster ravioli, pasta with chicken and fresh mozzarella, and pasta with chicken and pesto. it tasted good but very salty, hence the 3*rating. we were miserable the rest of the evening. Everything appeared to be freshly prepared with quality ingredients, so excessive salt was unnecessary! The dining room was loud at half full. We all wondered if we would have had a pleasant experience on a busy night. The patio looked like a lovely place to spend a summer night! While their wine list wasn't extensive, it offered a good selection. The menu had a diverse selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly great foodsanclemcjVIPDined on 1/3/2014Quality, fresh food. Every entree our group of 4 ordered was remarkably tasty and beautifully presented. Friendly service. We'll return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemSandim25VIPDined on 12/31/2013Great everything. If we lived in the area, we'd go regularly.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood findmikelirDined on 12/24/2013We have been here twice and had a great experience both times. The food, service and ambience are all great. This could become easily become our "local" spot. If you're in the neighborhood I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly and great food!sanclemcjVIPDined on 12/20/2013We knew the chef from his previous restaurant and he did not disappoint in his new place. Very fresh ingredients, friendly accommodating staff. And good live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Discovery in SJCmikelirDined on 12/5/2013My wife and I decided to try Fiano's after having driven by on several occasions. We went there on a Thursday night and were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant has a warm but spacious layout. The staff - without exception - was very friendly. We enjoyed a cocktail in the bar and then had dinner in the restaurant. The food was very good. It felt a little expensive, but we had such a good time and enjoyed the food - so it was worth it. We've heard the pizza is supposed to be pretty good, so we look forward to taking the whole family back to confirm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly decent foodPicklesDined on 11/3/2013I was surprised the food was pretty good after trying the bar fare a few weeks previous with my sister and not find it palatable at all. We took a group there because there were no other restaurants in SJC with a room large enough and quiet enough to accommodate our party server said the menu had just been changed and IMO the change was needed. dressing on Caesar salad was horrible, but the beet salad I ordered was good. server mixed up orders and 2 guests had to wait while they sent back their dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In townSjcjoVIPDined on 10/26/2013Food was good, service was attentive but our server could not tell us how the fish special was prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new place in townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2013We had such a great experience at Fiano's recently. They were able to seat our party of 12 without hardly any notice. The owner Sid greeted us like we were family coming into his home for a meal. Food was outstanding quality. Portions on the children's menu were nice size. We enjoyed it so much that we ordered it for delivery the following night. Great to have a place like this in San Juan. We will go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown San Juan RestaurantSJCLocalDined on 10/4/2013We stopped at Fiano's for dinner before going to a show. The Food was excellent Italian, and the atmosphere was great. There was a lot of people mingling at the bar, and the restaurant was active. The management was very friendly, and the service was great. All four of us enjoyed our food. I had the Chicken Marsala, there was just the right amount of pasta, the sauce was delicious and the chicken was cooked perfect. It wasn't too heavy, and tasted great. You can't miss the Fiano's size wine, if you order a glass. And the Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding was outstanding!Special Features:
- FANSTASTIC!!!! Much luck tolynnVIPDined on 9/27/2013FANSTASTIC!!!! Much luck to the new ownership!!!! Keep up the wonderful work!I would recommend this to a friend.
- On our first visit to Fiano's,SusanVIPDined on 9/10/2013On our first visit to Fiano's, we were quite disappointed to find that the delicious wheat crust pizza Vito's featured was off the menu. We tried the regular pizza & didn't like it. We came back a few weeks later, & ordered from the new menu. Our table was reserved in a location that we like, & we were made to feel very welcome. Our waitress said that she'd only been there for about a week, but she was really nice & helpful. We especially liked the garlic toast & the risotto. Although we'll miss the great pizza, we are glad that we gave it a second chance.
- Good service average foodKNNNDined on 8/10/2013The food in the restaurant was average however the service made up for it. I know this is a new place but they really need to work on the menu. The worst part of the experience was seeing what seemed to be the owner and manager fighting at the front entrance to the restaurant. come on we dont need to hear that. take it to the back. for prime time during dinner this place was not crowded like all the other restaurants around so Im sure others have the same opinion about the food as I did.
- I requested a quiet boothJFredVIPDined on 8/9/2013I requested a quiet booth or table. Because they had a large group of 60, they first put me in a side room in the doorway to the noisy bar. I asked to be moved to a quieter location; so, they put us next to the window on the main street. Also too noisy. The patio might have been an option but it was cool that evening so we declined that option. We left without eating.
- Vito's Italian Ristorante & PizzeriTeacherVIPDined on 7/28/2013I was confused with the name of the restaurant as on the building outside are 2 names Fiano's & Vito's. The photos on the Open Table website listed, under the name of Vito's shows 1950 style red booths, a counter bar to eat at if you are alone. I was greatly surprised. It must have been redone recently. I had the Veal Piccata, with pasta & marinara sauce in a separate dish. It was very good. The sauce however, had seeds in the tomato. It needs an extra straining so pure sauce comes out! My friend had the chicken cutlet parmeggiana & enjoyed it. Happy Hour was going on when we were there. Martinis are $6. I ordered the lemon drop & the waitress charged us $11 instead of $6. All Open Table listings should state where the parking is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.