2418 Park Rd
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fiammacharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7043333062x
- Hours of Operation:
Father's Day, Sunday, May 15th we will be open at 4pm until 10 pm.
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Fernando Campoverde
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call us or email us for a personalized catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We will create a special menu according to your needs. Please call us or email us.
- Private Party Contact: Felipe Alvarez 704-333-3062x
A word from Fiamma Restaurant
Fiamma Italian Restaurant has been serving up award winning Nothern Italian style food for several years now in Dilworth. One review described the food as beautiful and uncommon. Here is what you can expect to find at Fiamma... homemade pastas, rustic meat dishes, fresh unique salads, fresh fish, made from scratch desserts, great Italian wine selection, friendly service, and fair prices. This is a true taste of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fiamma Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Fiamma Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)fit for foodies (72)special occasion (53)romantic (46)notable wine list (36)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great FlavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We had a number of appetizers and two pasta dishes. The pasta is homemade and the flavors of every dish were outstanding. Simple, straightforward like excellent food in Italy. The chef spent 4 years in Florence and it shows. Let the flavors speak for themselves.Special Features:
- Stache & CookStacheVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food and service at Fiamma are superb. Don't be put off by the outside or the décor inside which are both very average. The food is fresh, creative, perfectly prepared and presented very well. One suggestion is not to have nine specials which the wait staff recites. Although our waiter was excellent and never missed a beat, we find it cumbersome to try and remember all the specials and their preparation. A printed specials menu would be appreciated. The burratta salad and halibut specials were wonderful.Special Features:
- authentic foodocrgirlDined on 10/11/2014the food is really delicious but most of it is veal or seafood so if you don't like that you will have limited options. they make their own pesto and pasta in house which is superb.Special Features:
- Very nice!EieshaVIPDined on 10/8/2014His restaurant was such a pleasant surprise. They take great detail into every aspect of a great experience! We had eight in our party and service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014This place is very good. they have great standing items on the menu but always seem to have a special that sounds to good to pass up... and you will be glad you didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiamma's a FavoriteFinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 9/30/2014If you haven't been there yet, it's time to get yourself to Fiamma. Whether you sit inside or outside on their patio (as we prefer to do with our doggies), the service is warm, friendly, very professional (thanks again Joanna) and the food is delicious and very moderately priced. Serving sizes are very generous (unless you have a huge appetite you'll be getting a second supper out of most of the dishes). The warm bread and yummy basil pesto dipping oil is a perfect start to your meal. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NathanDoctorDined on 9/29/2014This is a great restuarant because of its excellent service abd food. It is out if the way being located in an old storefront. However, it will not disappoint with any food course. It is pricey on the negative side of things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall best restaurantin CharlotteSDsharkDined on 9/27/2014This by far is my favorite restaurant so far in Charlotte. The food was absolutely fantastic. Make sure to ask for Yoshi as your server... he was great.Special Features:
- A hidden gemLuluDined on 9/26/2014I don't know how long this restaurant has been tucked away in this neighborhood but I am so glad it was recommended by a friend. The food was delicious, the presentation was lovely and our server was very, very good. She had a good knowledge of wine, food preparation and did not reference "cheat sheets" when offering specials. How she did that, I don't know:) We were never rushed through courses; instead she encouraged us to take our time and enjoy what the restaurant had to offer. We did and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!m5driverVIPDined on 9/26/2014Consistently delicious, attentive service. We dine out at "nice" restaurants regularly. Few meet or surpass Fiamma!Special Features:
- Great findasherVIPDined on 9/23/2014Not a lot of frills. The food is simply 5 star. The options on the menu are varied. The waiter was wonderful. Appropriately attentive, and brought out an extra desert at the end. The food was well prepared and I would have no hesitation returning. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuenisimoEliza409Dined on 9/20/2014Have been going for years and never disappointed. Bread with pesto delicious.. Salad are outstanding..especialy like the calamari oneSpecial Features:
- Simply fantastic!FinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014From the cheerful greeting we received from Joanna (who then became our server), her impressive professionalism as she spoke in detail of the many "specials" that evening to helping me select a wine based on my describing the kind of wine I enjoy, this was an outstanding dining experience. My husband and I had the Halibut special which we both highly recommend. It was seasoned and cooked to perfection & was accompanied by some shrimp, scallops and a generous portion of delicious spinach. We look forward to returning! OH, I forgot to mention the bread with their specially made basil/pesto dipping sauce - YUM!!!Special Features:
- Will give it a 2nd try!FAIR2proprietorsANDdinersDined on 9/19/2014First time for us; brought our Dachshund because dogs are allowed at patio dining. Server was Jessica, she was very friendly and attentive. Pace of experience leans heavily toward European standards (so don't be in a hurry). I had the veal chop special which was fantastic, on the side was their homemade gnocchi, also tasty though the red sauce was bland for me. My partner had the halibut special which was severely overcooked and returned to the kitchen. Second halibut was better, though still had a heavy hand. Manager was very apologetic, comped the fish and provided dessert. Given the other reviews, we'll definitely give them another try.Special Features:
- pipesh2opipesh2oDined on 9/19/2014Sat outside on a beautiful evening. Nice wine and apps. Gnocchi was excellent but veal was tough which surprised me since they had it in so many menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ljaay58Dined on 9/16/2014Wonderful great atmosphere great service from Juan Really enjoyed!!!! We are from Illinois and thought this was a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Fiamma is still fabulous!lovemyvegetablesDined on 9/12/2014Fiamma continues to provide outstanding service and creative, delicious food. The prices are very reasonable, especially for the large portions they serve. Loved the banana sorbet! the Bolognese sauce is also good.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian gemFoodie2Dined on 9/2/2014Had a great experience overrall from the waitstaff and food. Everything was outstanding. I would highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Northern ItaliandlibnerDined on 9/1/2014This was a great find. The food is delicious and the service was excellent. We went for an early dinner so it was not crowded. You can tell all the pasta and gnocchi are homemade. They give you a palate cleanser between appetizer and entrée which only adds to the experience. The chocolate dessert torte is one of the best I have ever tasted. The prices are on the steep side but the experience is worth it!Special Features:
- Italian Gem in Strip MallBirthdayGirl60Dined on 8/31/2014First time at this restaurant and it was every bit as good as the reviews said it would be. Given how it's tucked away off the main drag in a strip mall, you wouldn't know it was there, but it is worth finding. Great menu, portion size and the prices were moderate. Attentive service. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Friends enjoyeddpd0843Dined on 8/27/2014Repeat visit to Fiamma for us, a first for friends from Houston. Our waitress was well informed on menu and specials and attentive. All enjoyed their respective meals. I had veal milanaise and it was excellent, as was the beef carpaccio. The only negative i have on Fiamma is that when they announce the specials they do not provide a price. From previous experience they are significantly higher than the menu items and that can be an unpleasant surprise. We specifically asked about the prices as the specials were announced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerParallaxViewDined on 8/23/2014Being new to the Charlotte area, I wanted to find a romantic place, have a nice meal and a good glass of wine. The local reviews were positive for Fiamma so, we decided to go. There was ample parking spaces in front of the restaurant which was just off the street. The front of the building is rather plain much the same as the rest of the strip mall. The owner has created a more inviting entrance with lighting, outdoor tables and plants. We entered the restaurant expecting it to be a place that was 'romantic'; I wouldn't say so. It is open concept with bench seats on the outside of the restaurant that are worn which go with the decor. The staff was extremely attentive when seating and ordering. The creative food menu is what are here for.Special Features:
- Very good a consistentJ4foodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very much like a NYC Italian Restaurant one of my favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinoDined on 8/23/2014Fiamma is lacking in ambience due to the offset floor plan. Food is consistently good, but service is inconsistent and on a recent Saturday visit (at about 75% capacity), service was inexplicably slow. I would still recommend Fiamma on the strength of the food and wine list, but will be reluctant to return anytime in the near future. Dino DinerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great veal dish. I'm never disappointed with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Best Italian food in Charlotte. Pasta's from scratch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Great food, horrible service. Waiter was slow and inattentive. No excuse to wait 45 minutes just for the bread and then an hour and a half for the main course. When we asked to speak to the chef about the service, he was very rude and didn't want to hear a thing we said. Very surprising considering the food was really good. Won't be recommending to any friends and won't be going back.
- eluncherDined on 8/9/2014One of our favorites! Great food and service. Our only issue is noise level, but they try to place us a quieter table
- Birthday CelebrationsFiammaFanaticDined on 8/9/2014We look forward to and know we can count on having a great experience when it really counts. Fiamma is our go-to place for birthdays and anniversaries or just a simple date night. Except that the kids get mad when they don't get to come with us. We love Fiamma and tell our friends and business associates to come here every chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTheNewYorkersDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I dined there after finding the restaurant through Zagat. The food was outstanding, service excellent and the price reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Charlotte, NC area who is looking to enjoy quality Northern Italian cuisine.Special Features:
- 2todine2todineDined on 8/2/2014Fiamma continues to be one of our favorite restaurants. The food is consistently good, and servers are friendly and knowledgeable. ( for a real treat, request Matthew!). Just when we think we will go elsewhere for lunch or dinner, we wind up at Fiamma. Side note: the sea bass is quite possibly the best we've ever eaten!Special Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 7/28/2014Love the service and food. One of the dishes we ordered was a little bit salty. They made another one for us which was really good. Best seafood rissottoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful service.JessicaDined on 7/27/2014Awful service it took them 20 minutes to acknowledge us while we were standing awkwardly at hostess station. After 45 mins we only had flat sodas and still waiting for a high chair for the baby. The service was so awful and the restaurant so noisy we just had to leave. Would not recommend this place to anyone. Save your time and your money and go to Toscana's for real Italian food and awesome service and ambiance
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014A great restaurant! They work very hard to make your visit delightful. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always consistentMommaMouseVIPDined on 7/26/2014Fiamma has become a favorite of ours - we did go during restaurant week and they had a great menu to choose from. Our service was a little iffy but otherwise we just love it there.Special Features:
- wecallitgravy48Dined on 7/26/2014Tried Fiamma during Charlotte Restaurant Week and it was great. We never knew it existed . Had to change my reservation twice and each time they were more than helpful. I ordered the Lamb Shank and it was so tender and flavorful and the Gnocci that came with it were delicious. All five meals were great and the presentation was beautiful. The Veal Milanese had just a little to much salt for my taste, but was tender!Special Features:
- MelanieVIPDined on 7/25/2014Everything that we had was prepared perfect! Can't say enough about how the staff tries to go at your pace for dinner. They're not rushing you along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed during Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014I was so excited to go to Fiamma after reading their menu for Restaurant Week. I love bolognese sauce so was extremely disappointed when my plate arrived. There was hardly any meat in the sauce and the sauce was basically clear tomatoe sauce. When I've ordered bolognese sauce at other restaurants, it's so thick you can eat with a spoon. I asked for extra sauce but that still didn't do the trick so asked if I could order something else. They accommodated me and I ordered the mushroom ravioli. It was better but the noodle/filling ratio was was off. I think there was maybe 1 tsp of filling in a large ravioli. Do not think I will go back. Service was also mediocre.
- foodnirvanaDined on 7/25/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Fiamma. I believe our waiter was Matthew. Very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. The quality of the ingredients and the preparation were outstanding. We tried the beef carpaccio, one of the salads, lamb shank and the snapper fish of the day. The flavors were so vibrant, it made us feel as if we were dining in Italy.Special Features:
- SurprisedButchVIPDined on 7/24/2014Was not as good as I remembered - maybe it was due to a set menu for restaurant week. The Salmon was not fresh, had a fishy smell and tast, and the vegetables were - well, OK! I was expecting much more. Doubt if I will go back.