512 Espanola Way
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fezmiami.com/Home_Page.html
- Phone: (305) 672-4469
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Faycal Bettioui
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fez
Fez Restaurant welcomes its guests to a new Moroccan experience. Located on Miami’s historical Espanola Way, Fez compliments the rich tradition of the well-known destination with a multitude of worldly flavors and an atmosphere begging for a sensual experience, Fez offers a peak into a new and modern Morocco!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fez reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (15)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (11)special occasion (9)good for groups (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Finally Authentic Moroccan Dining!KeyFoodieDined on 11/4/2014I tried Fez with a foodie friend in love with authentic Moroccan cuisine and our dining experience was fantastic. All dishes were perfect and made fresh to order. While some diners appear to complain about the long wait, if that's what it takes to get freshly cooking, then it's worth it. We ordered their Bastilla (made with duck instead of traditional chicken or pigeon) and it was amazing - freshly baked with a rich filling and not overly sweet dusting. The Lamb Tagine was excellent too and so was the Couscous. Our service was fellow named Abdel and he couldn't have been nicer. We live in Miami and will definitely frequent this gem! If you love true Moroccan flavors, give it a try.Special Features:
- A taste of Morroco in MiamiMarleneDined on 11/1/2014Dining at this restaurant was a last minute choice and after dining here, we wondered why we haven't been here sooner. The food was absolutely. delicious - from the beets salad, bacon wrapped dates filled with manchengo, the scallops to the OMG the lamb belly! The orange blossom, Panna cotta was delicate in texture and divine in flavor. Atmosphere was relaxed and service was attentive. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant find!DimitriNDined on 10/30/2014Though the food is Mediterranean, the primary focus is Moroccan, and it's authentic, yet finessed just enough to make it fine dining. I cannot overstate the superb quality of every dish we ordered, and we ordered a ton of appetizers, plus entrees, plus desserts (and I rarely get dessert). The service was very attentive, but not overbearing. The location is great, you're not smack in the middle of the noise of Espanola Way, but still kinda there. And again, the food is the primary reason to go. It's such a nice change from the usual Italian, or fusion. It's exciting, it's different, and it will make your palate thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a good restaurant!SabhiVIPDined on 10/29/2014Good food but missing that X factor. The food takes long to be served so it would be better if you order it early. Outdoor seating is on the pedestrian pathway. So people walk around with luggage. We had to wait for our dinner for long so after 2 rounds of drinks they gave us 1 round free. Lamb shank and sea bass was good but again it could be better some precision required. Overall it's a good restaurant..would recommend it to have a different experience.Special Features:
- Don't go thereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/16/2014Mediocre restaurant. They took a very long time to serve us and the food was average given the prices. The ceviche was good, but lamb shank and cuscus were disappointing given that this is a Morrocan restaurant.
- good, but not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014The food was perfectly fine for the most part. . We liked several of our dishes Though, nothing blew us away and the food felt a bit heavy once we were done. We enjoyed sitting out with a view of Esponola Way. We also had some nice live music coming from next door - which was really nice. The service however left much to be desired. it was very very slow and inconsistent. They only had two servers for the whole place (inside and outside) -which showed. We actually saw a table coming in, waiting for a server to come by, get frustrated after 15 minutes of waiting and then simply leave. Our experience was not as bad, but service seemed to get worse as the night wore on. Not a place to visit if you are in a rush!Special Features:
- Try the tagine.floridafindsDined on 9/27/2014We meet up with friends to try something different. The location is great. Reservations are a must if you wish to eat inside the restaurant, as space is limited. When you go, expect to spend at least 2 hours. For appetizers, we order the spinach rolls and the bastilla, which were good; however, it took 27 minutes from time ordered to be served our appetizers. Our entrees were lamb and seafood tagines which were good as well, however, it also took some to be served. Over all, if you wish to have good Moroccan food and have at least 2 hours to enjoy a 3 course meal, then try Fez.
- Strongly recommendNRJoutDined on 9/26/2014Moroccan cuisine with a modern edge at a reasonable price. Try the lamb shank or the couscous with merguez! Also some good vegetarian options. The atmosphere and the décor are very nice with the option of dinning out on the terrace on the calmer side of Espanola Way. Very nice and attentive service. Very well done! Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morrocan Eats on South BeachBirthdayCelebrationDined on 9/22/2014Very pleasant casual dining experience at this South Beach eatery. Enjoyed the small plates the best and the variety was terrific. Wine list limited.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!HungryforgoodfoodDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent, very tasty, nice presentation and portions were perfect. My boyfriend did the Miami spice and I order one appetizer and one spread since I was not too hungry and we were very satisfy, the amount was more than enough, perfect timing at bringing the plates too. The service was very attentive without being annoying. The only thing that I would mention if anything would be that they should adjust a little bit the lighting to make the ambiance a little more intimate and romantic. Also the art on the walls I think they could improve it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awkward serviceVeggies4life64Dined on 9/7/2014We arrived for our 30th anniversary meal right on time for reservation. Hostess sat us in a corner next to another couple which was probably the best spot considering the tiny layout. We chose the Miami Spice menu, 3 courses for $39 ea. We started off with a couple of drinks. I had Casablanca which was supposed to have muddled strawberries but they were more like just sliced fruit. Mediterranean appetizer, grilled octopus, couscous & salmon tagine were all quite good. Problem was there were TWO hours between the courses. Something about owner being alone in the kitchen. Free drinks were offered. Strange, hostess took our empty bread basket yet never brought more. We took dessert to go. Do not go to Fez in a rush. Overall fair experience.Special Features:
- Top of the Linewss25Dined on 8/24/2014We are partial to Mediterranean food. As a consequence we have eaten in restaurants that specialize in that food throughout the United States. This one is as good as it gets. Food was in line with custom and delicious. Service was exceptional. Menu choices as expected. Not the place for you if you are in a rush, all food is prepared to order. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeleilalolaDined on 8/23/2014i loved this place...everything from the food to the drinks service and more..i would definetly go here when im in miami again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotableLucyVIPDined on 8/10/2014My personal favorite type of food is Mediterranean and Fez did not disappoint. My husband and I were vacationing and were impressed with the restaurant location on Espanola Way. This is a bustling street but Fez seemed pleasantly off the beaten path. The diner is transported with a Morrocan decor and a silent Casablanca showing in black and white on a rear wall. We shared the trio of spreads that were delicious. My husband had chicken Tagine and I had the salmon. The food was artfully presented and was full of flavor. If you live nearby or visit, I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- ChrisdyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Fez was very good for Mediterranean dining. Their plate of dips- hummus, baba ganoush, etc- was very good. We mostly ate appetizers and small plates of food, and it was very good. The service was great- the waiters were very attentive. We will go back againSpecial Features:
- I love this place!LuckyD1977VIPDined on 8/5/2014I went here for the first time last night. I'm going back on Saturday. The food was authentic and outstanding. The service was fantastic. And they had great wine. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Miami Beach StaycationMarkFVIPDined on 7/28/2014A short break from regular summer life found us in Miami Beach. Looking for something out of the ordinary, we saw all the reviews for Fez on OpenTable. We were not disappointed. We mostly had Mezzes that our server had suggested - the octopus was excellent. Then we tried the lamb belly. If you're a lamb lover, this is a must. Then onto the scallops with a cauliflower mousse, raisin and cumin flavorings. Finally we shared a main plate - the lamb shank. You could pull the meat off the bone with just your fork. Everything we tried was so very full of flavor. We wanted to have dessert, but could not find the room to put it, so we'll be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Fez reviews archive.
- Best Morrocan food in townpepeluisVIPDined on 7/10/2014Excellent food, better service, very nice ambience, friendly crew. We will back soon.Special Features:
- Magnificent MorroccoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014This is definitely a favorite of mine in South Beach! The menu is interesting and reasonably priced for fine dining in Miami. We love the Lobser couscous, Bastille, dates, lamb tangine, everything is wonderful! The staff is always friendly and helpful! Now with the outdoor seating it's a great spot on Española Way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!JonnyDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed a terrific meal at Fez. I let the restaurant know when I made the reservation that we were celebrating our five year anniversary and when we arrived, they seated us at the best table in the house and provided us each with a glass of champagne. The food was great - we enjoyed the lobster couscous, scallops, ceviche and dates. On top of that, Fez offered the best customer service of any restaurant I've experienced in my three years living in Miami (a city where good customer service is hard to find). I'll definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAb Find!ESfoodieReviewsDined on 6/20/2014This great new find was a great find and we will def. be returning to continue to explore the exotic and delicious dishes that Fez offers. SO happy to have found this restaurant. Whooo hooooSpecial Features:
- The first but bit the lastFoodLover1VIPDined on 6/16/2014The food here is amazing . We tried many of their small plates nd they were amazing. We will be back !!Special Features:
- Bringing Morocco to MiamiFoodygirlDined on 6/15/2014My boyfriend was raised in Morocco and it really brought that childhood feeling back. If I can recommend anything it would be to try everything but definitely end your experience with their famous tea! The tastes are exquisite and the reviews are true!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Moroccan cuisineLububooDined on 6/15/2014South Florida is privileged and fortunate to count Fez among its restaurants!! This is truly a great find. Fez is at the end of charming Espagnola Way. It serves marvelous authentic Moroccan fare that is obviously prepared with great care and pride. The food is very fresh. Staff is gracious and accommodating. Be sure to try the exquisite Bastilla, as well as the delicious ceviche type salad; utterly refreshing and tasty. The decor is great: stylized, modern with a Moroccan air of course. Very well done. Muy acertado! Comfortable seating and very pleasant atmosphere. Nice bar. They had the movie "Casablanca" playing on mute. Good vibes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GDM1VIPDined on 6/13/2014We had a great meal. Excellent service. The octopus was delicious. Very reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous find!miamiaDined on 6/9/2014Authentic fantastic Moroccan food.beautiful plating excellent flavor and great service! Will definitely be back and tell friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and Charming DiningDiscriminatingDined on 5/17/2014Fez is a gem. I gave 5 stars as all executed to perfection. Dined outside on charming Espanola Way. Menu is well-curated. Server hip, intelligent, attentive throughout the entire evening....rare for Miami. He guided us on menu selection to ensure lovely balance. Each dish elegant, beautiful, polished and plated with finesse. Likewise, each dish skilled in preparation, sophisticated, luscious. All ingredients fresh, colors brilliant. I compare the experience to restaurants typical of South of France....Tomato Feta salad, Feta was foamed (not chunks, not diced), Orange Blossom Panacotta decorated with orchid & berries rested atop succulent juice. At end, Server treated us to Mint Tea served on a silver tray with etched-glass cups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014A very good Morrocan restaurant in South Beach. Must try the Lamb Belly, is a fantastic dish. The service is quite good and very pleasant non intrusive waiters. They assist you, if you wish in navegating the menu with great suggestions. The food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great escape.SrqchristineDined on 5/9/2014Loved it. Food was amazing. Dates with lamb bacon blew me away. Feta with heirloom tomatoes was perfect for a summer night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMiamiFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Amazing food. And Spectacular service!!!! And now they have liquor and outdoor seating?! You truly can't go wrong with choosing this restaurant for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemfinediner42VIPDined on 5/8/2014Because it is a new restaurant, most of it's dishes are underpriced. Don't be deceived if it's not as busy as the other restaurants on Espaniola Way. The food is phenomenal, even comparable to fine dining. Blown-away by the steak tartare, grilled octopus, and scallops. Even the $28 bottle of wine was great. At $18, they served the cheapest hookah on Miami beach without compromising on quality. Wonderful wait service. I highly recommend you stop here for dinner on any night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High-quality Middle Eastern foodMarkVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great food quiet atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle. Can't wait until they get their full liquor license in May 2014!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeasonedinerVIPDined on 4/12/2014Amazing fresh and warm pita! The humus is incredible and so is the spicy red pepper almond spread, skip the eggplant spread, yuck! Service is impeccable, definitely felt taken care of. Great location on espanola way but away from the hustle and bustle of the main street where all the restaurants are. The vegetable couscous was delicious as was the sea bass. I would say skip the chicken tagine dish because the sauce was just not good, preserved lemon of some sort and I was not fond of it at all.Special Features:
- An excellent mealtravelbugg80Dined on 4/11/2014At first my husband and I were a little wary. The restaurant is on boisterous Espanola Way but it is one block down and very quiet. We were worried because it was not full like the other restaurants. However, due to the excellent reviews on yelp we stuck it out and are very glad we did. The food was excellent and decently priced for the value, unlike at many SoBe locations. The chick pea, eggplant and roasted red pepper spreads were good (we are cynical Lebanese). The octopus appetizer was just as it should be: fresh tender octopus cooked perfectly. The scallop appetizer had a little too much espuma, but was okay. Our entrée was the branzino, which was perfectly cooked and just what we were craving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great atmosphere!TrentDined on 3/24/2014We loved the food our first night there that we went back on our last evening in Miami. We definitely loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small menu but great tagine.BarbieDined on 3/21/2014I had the lamb shank tagine and it was absolutely delicious. The meat was melt-in-your mouth tender. My SO had the lemon chicken tagine which was also delicious. Some entrees come with no sides so be sure to ask before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in Miami, usedJennyDined on 3/17/2014First time in Miami, used Open Table reviews to chose this location. Did not disappoint!! On the quiet end of Espanola Way. Great for a quiet dinner away from the noise. Amaizing food and Great Service. We had a quiet dinner and then enjoyed the chaos of Espanola Way after we had a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morracan gem.OTREVIEWERVIPDined on 2/28/2014Great food, service and venue at the quiet end of the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Española WayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014A great alternative in Española Way. Most restaurants in this part of South Beach are nice for the ambiance but not renown for the food. This is a great location to eat in Española way, but not risk ending in a tourist trap.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOttoVIPDined on 2/18/2014Good selection of reasonably priced wines added to the delicious preparations served by an attentive and cordial staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.