Fess Parker's Doubletree - Rodney's
633 E. Cabrillo Blvd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Fess Parker's Doubletree - Rodney's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rodneyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (805) 884-8554
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kirk DeLong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fess Parker's Doubletree - Rodney's
Rodney’s Grill. Fresh and Fun. All Natural Hormone Free Beef, Fresh Seafood, Great Appetizers.Continued
Private Dining Room for 30.
The place to enjoy dinner with family or friends, right by one of
Santa Barbara’s best beaches.
Private Dining Room for 30.
The place to enjoy dinner with family or friends, right by one of
Santa Barbara’s best beaches.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fess Parker's Doubletree - Rodney's reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good if it's your last resortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were guests at the Doubletree/Fess Parker hotel and decided to give their in-house steakhouse a try. The lighting is WAY too bright in this place. It needs to be dimmed big time. It echoes really badly in here it's insanely loud, and there were only 7 tables. Service was good, waiters were attentive,staffing arrangement was bizarre. There was no hostess. Only 2 waiters and one bus boy. The waiters had to not only play waiter, but they had to fill the role of hostess, bartender, AND bus boys. They were so overwhelmed that the bus boy even had to help bring out food a lot. Menu was decent but not very many options. It's good if you enjoy First Class airplane food. Not worth the hiked prices you pay for this supposed upscale establishment.
- Appetizer spicy;duck tough;Ribeye.NotReturningDined on 10/11/2014Appetizer too spicy; duck tough; Ribeye good; service fairly good; forgot appetizer. We asked for a cozy, quiet table, since our travel had been horrendous. We had the choice between a children's table with adults, or a table between loud teenagers or young adults, or next to s couple. The food was horrible; we tossed it once back in our hotel room. We like home cooked food. We thought the ambiance would suit us as well as taste for upscale food. Unfortunately it did not. The food is for a certain palate.
- Very good, but hard to findperysuiDined on 8/19/2014With the address in the Internet it' s not easy to find Rodney, due of thge fact, that there is no entrance from Cabrillo Blvd direct. If you drive with GPS you dont find automatcally the entrance and if you are at the gate to the Parking, you dont have a sign to Rodneys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Fess Parker's Doubletree - Rodney's reviews archive.
- KrisDined on 6/6/2014We ejoyed our meal. Good food and service. We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2014the steaks and appetizers were superb. I expected the high price, and so was not surprised when the check came. Very nice decor and staff. We will definitely book again.Special Features:
- Rodney's needs helpLocalVIPDined on 5/2/2014Big disappointment. Indifferent service and mediocre food. Definitely will not return.
- Great restaurant, great servicefbs419Dined on 4/19/2014The steaks and fish were great, as well as the side dishes and desserts. The staff was awesome. It was a great place to go for my birthday.Special Features:
- Food was fair. Steak was onOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Food was fair. Steak was on the dry side. Sat in a nice corner table, but could have done without the cleaning of the water feature right outside the window. Best part of the meal was the service/waiter. Don`t mind paying that price for a really good meal, but think the next time I will stick to a spot on State St. Restaurant was nice, quiet, and pleasing to the eye. Wine was good, took the bottle and enjoyed it on the patio. Will always stay at the hotel again, overall it is vary vary nice.
- great foodjeffDined on 4/10/2014had the ny steak, was tender and flavorful. glad it came with potatoes and vegetable.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOnemanstreasureVIPDined on 4/4/2014Hotel restaurants can be hit or miss, and this was definitely a hit! We had a terrific meal of clam chowder, Caesar salad, lobster papardelle, the special of the day Mahi Mahi, and 2 chocolate deserts. YUM!Special Features:
- DisappointingMBL18VIPDined on 3/21/2014After reading a little blurb in the Independent, we thought we'd stumbled onto a "Steakhouse" we hadn't heard of before in Santa Barbara. Being familiar with Holdren's and Lucky, I was looking forward to seeing what this place, Rodney's, had to offer. Well, we found out....nothing. Don't bother. Every aspect of this place is several rungs below what is consistently experienced at the two restaurants mentioned above. Bright lights, incongruous music, no sides offered, high school cafeteria style scoop of mashed potatoes and a less than pedestrian steak.
- out of control loud kids andlv2dineoutDined on 3/8/2014out of control loud kids and family. Loud group at nearby table. food was very good. Service also good.Special Features:
- 1/2 Special missingBobafetteDined on 2/14/2014The dinner was for Valentines day, the problem well two out of the four special were not available because they ran out of Lobster so its was a fish or ribeye which both my wife and I do not like, so we ordered different meals. They offered no discount for not having any specials left, but I have to say that the steaks we ordered were cooked properly and were very tasty. Ambience was lacking and very bright. Server was friendly.
- Underwhelmingtrinity62Dined on 12/31/2013Hostess, wait staff, and server were all friendly enough. Expected more of a crowd at 9:30 p.m. on New Year's Eve, but restaurant wasn't even close to half full. Food was boring, expensive, and predictable. My husband said his New York strip steak was just okay. He could go to Norm's and get the same cut for $10.00 instead of $40.00. My brick chicken was just ok. The chef puts flour in the mashed potatoes so for a gluten sensitive person like myself, I had to choose beet risotto as an alternative side dish, which was okay. But really, why adulterate mashed potatoes with flour?
- New Diner Bad ExperienceDisappointedDined on 12/24/2013I took a family member to Rodneys for the holiday. I was very diappointed. Starting with the service, the waiter was very inexperienced we had to ask for everything including where is a our food ? The food was a huge disappointment, the steak was not very good, it was only offered with mashed potatoes which were frozen, reheated and served cold. I wanted to get a baked potato, they did not have . To restaurant was way over priced for the quality of food and service. The steak dinner I had at Stella Mar's was far superior to Rodneys.
- Filet to die forDutchmanDined on 10/4/2013My wife and I came here for our 1 year anniversary and we were floored by the quality of the filet mignon, seriously. I am not a fan of taking snapshots of my meal but we both took several pictures so we could talk about it later. The soup was great (french onion a bit salty for my taste but the clam chowder was dead on) and the service was perfect. Eduardo did a fantastic job ensuring we were well taken care of for the entire evening. I will definitely come back here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLuv2eatDined on 9/28/2013The service was outstanding, the food very good, and I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Hotel RestaurantLauraVIPDined on 8/27/2013We came here because of the reputation of Fess Parker. It was our anniversary and we wanted to go to Santa Barbara for a special meal. Well, it turned out it was a pretty poor choice. The meal was unimaginative, the prices super high and the portions were small. My husband got a steak. Super expensive and it was thin and small. This was such a disappointment.
- Worth coming back too...dancergirlDined on 8/2/2013I hadn't been to Rodney's in many years, so this was a nice treat. It was my boyfriend's birthday and since he is a 'steak guy' and we have been to nearly every steak house in the area, I was thrilled to have remembered Rodney's. I was most impressed as when making the Open Table reservation I had made mention that it was his birthday and if they could do something to commemorate that with maybe a special dessert or something. Without even bringing the dessert menu's our waitress walked up with a generous slice of 5 layer chocolate cake with a candle in it. I was so happy I never had to mention it and my note was seen and responded to. Plus they didn't charge for the dessert! My boyfriend completely enjoyed everything, so we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Be GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2013We were there on a Thursday night at 7 pm. There were a total of 7 people in the restaurant, so it was freezing cold. Nice selection of choices on menu. We started with Seafood Soap- very good, and deviled eggs with caviar, smoked salmon, and garnish (very tasty). We then had the Cesar Salad. Very Good, but not Great (dressing did not have traditional taste). We both had the Almond Crusted Halibut, which would have been the best Halibut we have ever had if they did not put it in a soupy Israeli couscous. The Halibut was placed on the soupy couscous in an elongated bowl type serving dish which trapped soupy couscous at the bottom. Staff is there to please, but they need to go back to basics and build from there.
- Friday night and not manyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013Friday night and not many people in the restaurant. The hotel was kid friendly but not many kids in the restaurant which I thought was good. My steak was very tender and the fish was tasty and done just right.Special Features:
- High-end grill.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013Great service and wonderful ambiance if you sit next to the fireplace. Halibut could have used a little more flavor, either seasoning or something to bring it up a notch in taste, but overall everything was very good. The piece of fish was also a little on the large/thick size and a shame my date and I both couldn't finish it all. My wife loved the plates but it felt like I was eating fish out of a large bowl and it was cumbersome to not have a place to put my knife and fork down - sometimes simpler is better.This are the only picky things I could criticize. The service was attentive but not too overbearing and the appetizers were perfect (we had the deviled eggs and grilled artichoke). We'll be back!Special Features:
- My husband and I ate at Rodney'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013My husband and I ate at Rodney's on a Sat. evening while vacationing in Santa Barbara. While we expected an exceptional dining experience, we were quite disappointed. There were few other diners yet the service was poor. The food was no better. I ordered a filet done medium. The first time it was served, it was medium rare so I returned it. The next time it was still medium rare so it went back again. Finally, the third time it was as I had ordered. Unfortunately by then, my husband had finished his meal and I was left to eat alone. We would have complained to the maitre'd but he was no where to be found. Significantly overpriced for what you get.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013It was a great experience!!! There wasn't anything that wasn't positive.Special Features:
- Great food--Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013Great food--Great service. We met business guests for dinner. Very nice because they were staying at the hotel, made it very easy for them. It is a great upscale steakhouse. You don't have to be staying at the hotel to eat there!Special Features:
- DisappointedMikeGVIPDined on 12/25/2012Food was barely warm. 50$ filet was disappointing. Overall quality was not worth the price. We are local. I have been here before and thought this much bette on previous visit. Unlikely we will return.
- Really good for steak andBossyPDined on 12/24/2012Really good for steak and the ciopinno was excellent. Very nice for a quiet, grown-up dinner.Special Features:
- A little expensive but welllebbeus7Dined on 12/21/2012A little expensive but well worth the price. Excellent food and service. Will definitely be going there again.Special Features:
- The service was wonderful!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The service was wonderful!!!! Ok now food-- salad was ok, my husband and I both ordered steaks, they were prepared as ordered however they smelled rank and sent them back- so sorry- chef said it was the grill? Nope- I'm a chef and they were not good steaks- our asparagus was tuff but mashed garlic potatoes were tasty-- desert menu was not great so we went to the bar for desert- our server was great however we will not eat there again- sorry folks because it's very romantic in the restaurant ....Special Features:
- We entered Rodneys at 5:00OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012We entered Rodneys at 5:00 and left at 6:00 We were the only patrons in the room. Very strange.........................You need better in house PR on this fine room . Outside magazine advertising might help.....Pump it up .....Have the Bar open much earlier....The Filets were small compared to the ones we get at Ruth Chriss and the New York and Dallas fine restaurants. The Salmon was good, but small, and the grey under side should be removed. Your Wedge was fantastic with that dressing. Steve Goode........
- Steak was done well, appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012Steak was done well, appetizer and vegetables were under cooked and unimaginative. French onion soup, cheese was not melted. Over priced for experience, was a special occasion and we were disappointed.
- The food was extremely salty.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/24/2012The food was extremely salty. In fact one of our party sent her food back. Overall below expectations for a somewhat high end steakhouse. Service was spotty
- Service was poor. Did notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2012Service was poor. Did not get acknowledged by wait staff until 15 minutes after seating. Entrees were received close to an hour after ordering. Waitress was indigent. The positive as that the hotel removed the full dinner charge due to the poor experience.Special Features:
- We were staying at the FessOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2012We were staying at the Fess Parker's Doubletree Resort and decided to have dinner at Rodney's. They've kept the menu simple, so there wasn't a huge selection of appetizers or entrees. Just the same, my wife had the 8oz Filet Mignon, which was excellent! It was full of flavor and cooked perfectly. I had the halibut, which was very good, but I think I would have gone with the filet, if I would have to it all over again. They had a pretty good kids menu, hot dogs, hamburgers and mac and cheese, plus smaller cuts of steaks. The creme brulee was excellent! I wish the server was a little more attentive, but she was kind and helpful.Special Features: