Montreal, QC H3A 1S8Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ferreiracafe.com/
- Phone: 5148480988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Marino Tavares
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Stella Marques 5148480988
A word from Ferreira Cafe
It is said that laughter and good times are fuelled by exquisite food. All of these can be found at Ferreira Cafe, Montreal's veritable ambassador of Portuguese cuisine. Warm and refined, while chic and relaxing, Ferreira Cafe continues to be a true favorite of among Montrealers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ferreira Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Exceptional ExperienceSheriTVIPDined on 8/17/2013The best fish and seafood - so fresh and creatively prepared. Two in our party had the classic black cod - absolutely delicious. Lively spot but not too noisy. Excellent outside dining and people watching. Great Service.Special Features:
- Very Friendly greeting evenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013Very Friendly greeting even if very busy, Did not like the table we were given, so we were offered diner at the bar. We were reluctant at first but our server Gloria, was by far the gem of the eveing. Her wine recommendations were on the dot. She knew her wine and well identified our tastes. Her food service was excellent and so we did not regret our choice of seating. The noise level is high, but it gives the place its character. The attention given to the way the food is served just seems to add to the already excellent taste.Special Features:
- Ferreira for Tuna loversOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2013Entrées: Ceviche & grilled calamari, both delicious. The calamari was not rubbery and had excellent consistency. The tuna was succulent and could be cut with a fork!... The salsa was delicious while the veggies wer perfect. I would have liked a bit more veggies as I did not have the mashed potatoes. Well done. The Portuguese wine was sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningImpressedDined on 7/28/2013Food was excellent, service impeccable and staff very knowledgeable. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK - no need to returnDisappointedDined on 7/27/2013Disappointed after reocommendation from knowledgeabale local. Music too loud, service quite haughty and sporadic. Wine recommendation very good (Portugues wines only - unidentifiabke by grape only by brand so that even wine afficionados need intense local knowledge). OK - but no need to return when many many alternatives in Montreal
- Second great mealchirosydDined on 7/27/2013We were at Ferreira Cafe about 10 years ago, and had a great meal. Just came back from a weekend trip to Montreal and revisited this restaurant with friends. Everything about this restaurant was GREAT!- the food, the service, the ambiance. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great placeChamaco230Dined on 7/26/2013Not exactly a baby friendly locale but the super friendly staff more than make up for it. The food is to die for (order the grilled calamari, amazing). Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!MichaelDined on 7/25/2013Great place to eat. The food and service are great. It is a bit loud, but well worth the visit.Special Features:
- A place to rememberLakeGirlDined on 7/25/2013My husband and I have dined here before but it was the first time that our friends joined us. They both said it was the best meal they had ever had - both had sea bass. Our meals were equally incredible. The waiter and staff were fantastic - knowledgeable and attentive - in spite of the fact that the restaurant was packed! The meal was pricey but the quality and atmosphere make it a place that we would return to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - not to be missedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2013This was our second time at Ferreira Cafe and they did not disappoint. We started with sardines and the octopus carpaccio - who knew that octopus could be so tender! Entrees were the porcini crusted black cod and grilled halibut - both were substantial sized portions and prepared properly. Dessert was sweet potato ice cream (incredible) with fig cake. All dishes were absolutely delicious and we would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion - it will be our go-to place when we visit Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful EveningfoodieDined on 7/13/2013Had an excellent experience as usual. Maître d' accommodated us and found a table by the street, which is open air to the restaurant. Very romantic and fun. Had friends there the night before, who were disappointed with the chicken and regular cod. I am there regularly and I stick with with 2 best dishes are the Bouliabaise and Black Cod. Try the Octopus is good too. A bit pricey, so not on my regular restaurant list.Special Features:
- excellent downtown mtl restaurantntb13VIPDined on 7/11/2013always a pleasure to come here, for business or for pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LuvingFoodDined on 7/10/2013Food was delicious, staff were great - very polite, friendly, informative... Ambience was nice. Overall had a great time at Ferriera's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality all around.VincenDined on 7/6/2013Everything is planned and well rehearsed. You pay for quality and Ferreira delivers. Noisy but happy and vibrant atmosphere. Table d'hôte special after 10 PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2013This restaurant was recommended to us by a couple we met in Toronto who live in Montreal. It is very colorful inside and serves Portuguese food. The interior is lovely and lively with a nice bar crowd and people arriving late due to the Jazz Festival. We had a wonderful table near the window and really enjoyed watching people watching. They have a terrific prix fixe dinner after 10P that was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ferrera Cafe - a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2013We love this restaurant for the seafood offerings. Everything is fresh and cooked to perfection. The black cod is a dish that melts in your mouth! The grilled fish is delicious.as were vegetables served with it. The wine list is wonderful and offers options by the glass,if you would like to have different options throughout your meal. The staff is friendly , knowledgeable and very efficient. We did not wait for anything, nor did we feel rushed. We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation, and were seated quickly. The decor is unusual with a wall of colorful broken dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Night.logobobDined on 7/3/2013Celebrating our fourteenth wedding anniversary, my wife and I could not have asked for a better place. We loved everything throughout our evening. The service was professional, food was exquisite and the ambiance was electric ! My wife and I would like to thank the staff at Ferreira for making our night a memorable one . ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am the the foodie of a partyDoBoVIPDined on 7/1/2013I am the the foodie of a party of four on a first visit to Montreal. I researched many restaurants before making this reservation and was in aggrement with all the reviews and the Montrealer's I spoke with that this is one of of the best restaurants. We all had fish, the house specialty. Mine was a sea bass perfectly prepared and fileted at the table. The restaurant is located in an upscale shopping district and is a perfect fit.Special Features:
- Great food but still too noisygoodbutVIPDined on 7/1/2013After a long time, we decided to return. The food is as good as ever and the service polite and timely. The reason for our absence was the noise level - previously, we were unable to hold a conversation due to the loud music. We decided to return and take a table early on Sunday evening; it was better but still too loud for us. We will return when it is just the two of us but will not take guest there. If you don't mind the noise, this is a great restaurant for fish.Special Features:
- Food Great/Service Lacking...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2013We go to the Montreal Jazz Festival every year and make a point to reserve an evening at Cafe Ferreira...Even though I reserved well in advance we were seated upstairs away from the character of the restaurant...disappointing. We were seated next to a very loud large party.The waitress who seemed rushed and hurried took our order and she could have been more pleasant and friendly. We were disappointed that the grilled octopus was off the menu and got the grilled calamari and fresh grilled fish which was very good.The menu is pricey and we always forget about the 10pm menu...maybe next time? But if I am going to drop one of our choice restaurants next year to add a new one...based on service and loud atmosphere it will be Cafe Ferreira...Special Features:
- Cafe FerreiraAntzDined on 6/29/2013Eating at Ferreira was one of the best dining experiences of my life. Started the meal off with some sardines and grilled octopus, which were both extremely delicious. Then it was on to the risotto with porto mushrooms and duck confit for myself, which was absolutely outstanding, while my girlfriend had the seafood and rabbit paella (which was equally great). To drink, a great tasting and moderately priced bottle of Portuguese "Vinho Verde". For dessert, we had to have natas. While they were quite a bit smaller than usual, the taste more than made up for it. The second best tasting natas that I have ever had, the first being at Pasteis de Belem, in Lisbon. Simply put, Cafe Ferreira is an absolutely exquisite dining experience.Special Features:
- Way too long to wait!AnniversarydinersDined on 6/27/2013We recently had dinner at Ferreira Cafe. Our reservation was for 7:30 p.m. and we were seated immediately and got our drink orders quite quickly. However, it was over an hour before our salad was served and we had to remind the server that since we were sharing it, we would need 2 plates. Much later, we asked for the bill (without having received our main courses) and a young lady came over to assure us they would be out in a minute or 2 and she would like to give us each a free glass of wine. When we finally did get our food, my husband's filleted seabass was full of bones and my grilled calmari was overcooked. Needless to say, we will not be recommending this restaurant.
- The food was delicious!!!BuddhaSTARDined on 6/27/2013The food was delicious!!! And the service was great!!!! I took some business partners for lunch and they loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is good and largeDolceVIPDined on 6/26/2013The food is good and large portions. But expensive for what it isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously superb!MonicaDined on 6/26/2013Offering a seafood-filled menu cooked to perfection! I had the mahi-mahi and it was superb, including the potatoe purée and vegetables. Everything from the starter gaspacho of the day (yummy avocado, cucumber and onion soup), to the decadent vanilla lemon tart, was mouth watering. I am a picky eater and could not keep my fork out of my hand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great place, food isETdUDined on 6/21/2013Just a great place, food is extraordinary and service is awsome. I would gladly go back any time we are back in Montreal.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2013Overrated and expensive. Food quality not satisfying at all.
- Everybody was happy with theirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013Everybody was happy with their choise Our table was comfortable but we were far back near the kitchen and staff area hidden by a black curtain,that why I give 3 stars for ambience.Special Features:
- Family dinnerNhojnhojDined on 6/12/2013Took our daughters with their better halves and we all enjoyed it immensely....best seafood in the whole city!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/10/2013Ferreira is always a great choice for professional foodies. The location is one of the best dowtown Montreal. Amazing fish dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MediteraneanJon95125VIPDined on 6/7/2013We've been coming to Ferreira Cafe for a few years whenever we're in town for the F1. This year it seemed to be much less Portuguese than we remember. Perhaps it was our choices, but we came away saying that it could have been any generic high quality Mediterranean restaurant. The black bass was perfect, but had nothing in the preparation that made us think of Portugal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food as usual andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2013Very good food as usual and a lot of atmosphere during the GPF1Special Features:
- check your bill before you pay....UsedtoDined on 6/7/2013The food was good and the ambience was good as well,but check your bill before you pay it... we were 2 and were charged 4 times for our coffee. Even though it wasn't a big amount comparing with the food charged, it IS a sign of dishonest,NO? Plus, the way we were served ....Good luck everyone! hope you will have a good experience than we had.Special Features:
- Outstanding CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/4/2013Ferreira Cafe is an outstanding experience. The food is fantastic and the servers are professional and very knowledgeable of the food being offered. I had the seared tuna and cannot recall having a more delicious serving. I travel to Montreal monthly and will definitely frequent Ferreira Cafe
- OverratedOverr8edDined on 6/4/2013A lot if menu items that are made to stand out with flare but the delivery just isn't there. Menu items felt overhyped compared to what was being sampled. Overall the food wasn't bad, but it was nothing to brag about either - even less so with a $250 tab for 2 people which is without a bottle of wine.
- An excellent dining experienceMoriahwomanDined on 6/1/2013Ferriera is an excellent dining experience. Wait staff is attentive, recommendations are worth following. Food is incredibly delicious, flavors are subtle and intriguing! Although noise level can be a bit loud, it did not detract from the dining rxperience. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- The food was good to veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2013The food was good to very good but it was very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food are alwaysmbard1027Dined on 5/26/2013The service and food are always excellent at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Left with belly and wallet emptyDrizzDined on 5/25/2013We got a great recommendation from a friend about this place for my girlfriends birthday. Service was ok till we tried to get our check, but food was meh... Not horrible, but really bland for a portugeuse restaurant. After a $220 dinner for two we left really dissapointed.. Well after waiting 30 mins to get check anywaySpecial Features:
- It took over an hour and fifteenOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/25/2013It took over an hour and fifteen minutes for our dinner to arrive. After an hour we were told that was normal. If they had told us that to start with we may have ordered differently - at least had appetizers to pass the significant amount of time we waited.