Fern at St Regis Bahia Beach
State Road 187 Km. 4.2
Rio Grande, PR 00745Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Fern at St Regis Bahia Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fernrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7878098103x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am
Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Juan Peña
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're hosting your next board meeting or intimate celebration, Fern's Wine Room provides privacy and elegance for events up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Fatima Bonano 7878098103x
A word from Fern at St Regis Bahia Beach
Fern combines a curated selection of Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s greatest appetizers, side dishes and accompaniments from his portfolio of domestic and international restaurants with the highest quality meats and freshest local fish and produce available in the market. Simply grilled preparations accompanied by bold condiments anchor the Fern dining experience. To compliment the refined flavors from the menu, Fern offers a robust wine selection and handcrafted, classically composed tropical cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fern at St Regis Bahia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (10)fit for foodies (10)scenic view (9)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (6)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent!aortegacesar2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014Fern is a superior restaurant and the service is excellent ! Really an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentroncVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had a wonderful meal. The tasting was very good with the pairing. Gabriela was a great server. Very noisy hard to converse with the people at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End DiningBostonianDinerDined on 8/1/2014Fern is a wonderful option for quiet, exclusive dining right on the ocean. We stayed at the Wyndham, but came here for dinner and really enjoyed it. You enter across a drawbridge with flaming stanchions on either side as you come up to the front door ...very impressive. Jesus was an amazing waiter and made you feel like you were in someone's luxury estate somewhere in the islands. Definitely sit outside when you dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedDineoutDined on 7/26/2014Lovely romantic anniversary dinner with my wife. We sat outside toward the ocean, nice breeze, very elegant, but relaxed tropical environment. They've created the perfect balance of beauty and relaxation. Our servers were outstanding, professional, but personable and with a passion for their job. With some probing they gushed about the professional training, and focus on customer service. Kudos to the management team for this. And the food and wine met all expectations. We are considering a larger group activity for the future.Special Features:
- Five Star DelightBocaCriticDined on 7/3/2014Fern Restaurant satisfies a five-star quality restaurant so direly needed on the Northeast Coast of the Island. Utilizing fresh ingredients and blending local tropical flavors with international cuisine popular dishes, Chef Juan has successfully blended a delicious array of appetizers and entrees that shall satisfy the most discerning of palates. Nestled amidst the beauty of the Preserve, the plantation style restaurant building is elegant, classy and alluring. The service was warm, friendly and hospitable. The servers could have checked the water and drink levels in our glasses with more frequency, but the quality of service overshadowed the slight oversight. Overall Experience: Great.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellent viewtarheelgirlDined on 6/26/2014The grouper was amazing!! And the homemade "hot sauce" with olive oil and their house bread was the perfect appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 111 reviews are from the Fern at St Regis Bahia Beach reviews archive.
- Kitchen held everyone upMagicianVIPDined on 4/28/2014The food was outstanding.The outside deck setting adds to the experience. It took 45 minutes to receive our appetizer and only after complaining that we were tired of waiting.The dishes were fabulous. We waited another 30 minutes for the entree.It was also fabulous. The food was outstanding ,but the wait ruined the experience. The waiter worked as hard as anyone can but no help from the kitchen.The kitchen appeared to be overwhelmed with the function on the lawn,so we had to wait.We would not return to the restaurant, Then again we all have off days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner Celebration in PRBarcoopDined on 4/24/2014Had a fabulous birthday dinner celebration with my girlfriends, such an amazing view and the grouper dinner was excellent pair to my wine selection. Will definitely return in October for my 20th wedding anniversary dinner when I return to PR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAngelaDzVIPDined on 4/17/2014Had a wonderful dining experience at Fern. The tasting menu was deliciously prepared and the wine pairings were a fantastic enhancement. The staff was attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. While all of the food was superb, oddly enough our favorite was the root vegetable amuse-bouche! Would love to see it on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the CaribbeanCHI012VIPDined on 3/17/2014An absolutely amazing experience and dinner. From the superior service, to the amazing food (Tasting menu is the way to go), and the great wine list, and the amazing amazing scenery - this is by far the best restaurant in the caribbean I have ever been to. Following our birthday dinner, the manager of the restaurant walked us out to the beach to show us the full moon. A truely memorable dinner and experience. My next trip to Puerto Rico will definitely include another visit to Fern at the St. Regis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedLamjVIPDined on 3/10/2014The food was generally very good, but was hit and miss and unfortunately my meal was the miss. Crispy chicken, beef tenderloin and smoked pork chop were very good as were the side dishes. My meal was the hamachi and the slow cooked salmon and both were only fair as the flavors were too strong and the salmon was overly salty. Also, the presentation of my entree left much to be desired as it was not visually appealing. Desserts were outstanding.
- Best Restaurant in PR!VegasDinerVIPDined on 3/7/2014Absolutely love this place. Alwasy consistent and excellent food quality. Service is spectacular. Better than Marmalade and any other restaurant on open table in PR/San Juan area (I have been to all of them). Highly recommend the tasting menu and the wine pairing. Would fly to PR just for dinner at this restaurant. If you are not staying at the St. Regis would recommend you go early and spend some time walking the grounds before dinner. Cap off the night with a cocktail in the lobby bar sitting our on the back porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful placeDaveCarolDined on 2/23/2014We had the tasting menu and it was fantastic...highly recommend the shrimp saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience!luxbutsensibleDined on 2/7/2014Fern is a wonderful dining experience. The food is delicious, fresh, and creative. The service is friendly and professional. Try the tasting menu, great value for money. The setting is spectacular!! Really enjoyable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiterhbb07Dined on 2/7/2014Service, attention and kindness from waiter Joel was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal & serviceMrsBVIPDined on 12/14/2013While staying at the St. Regis my husband and I dined at Fern restaurant. The decor is beautiful when you arrive and the service is impeccable. We ordered the shrimp & avocado salad to start, lobster & chicken for entrees then toped it off with the chocolate cake and caramel sundae. All of the food including their amazing homemade hot sauce was perfect. The flavors were unique and perfectly combined. Next time we visit Puerto Rico we will dine here again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2013Great taste, perfect ambiance for romace celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013upscale with great menu options. very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experience, the servicejotamDined on 11/2/2013A nice experience, the service espectacular!! the salad in my wife food have too much vinegar o pepper...suggestions next time the pepper o vinegar will be added in the table acoording with client taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and fair food atPM60VIPDined on 10/26/2013Overpriced and fair food at best. Service was great, management attentive, but food just ok and very overpriced. Dined there for breakfast every day also, had dinner there twice. Not a lot of choices at this resort......Molasses (other choice) much better food and a little cheaper. Service also much better at Molasses!!
- Fantastic Tasting MenuLT102498Dined on 10/25/2013We chose the six course tasting menu with wine pairing and were incredibly pleased. The dishes were magnificent, the wines complimented them perfectly. One of the best tasting menus we have tried, and at a very attractive price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special ocassionmatosjjDined on 10/19/2013The server was very friendly and nice, and made very good suggestions from the menu for us. The food taste was awsome. The place is very romantic and exellent for a special ocassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try the tasting menu!tonywoods20Dined on 10/18/2013everything was amazing - the food, the service, the scenery....everything! a must try if you are in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fern didnt disappoint!Col1963Dined on 9/25/2013My husband & I dined at some of the top restaurants in the world and the food at Fern is right up there with them! We both had the tasting menu, each course paired with the perfect wine. Terrific serviice also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking view and foodmnelsonaDined on 8/3/2013Sitting outside while eating the tasting menu was one of the best things I've experienced. The staff could not have been more accommodating. I enjoyed things I would never normally order like Gazpacho and Sashimi. They ended up being two of my favorite things. Well, maybe the tenderloin too. I cannot wait to visit Puerto Rico and eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jean Georges at his bestOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/21/2013I often enjoy JG's restaurants outside NYC best and Fern is no exception. Simply perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningDinerDined on 7/2/2013We were staying at the St. Regis Resort and decided to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary dinning at the Fern. The staff at the Fern were very helpful and friendly and the food was very good. We started out with the octopus appetizer-great flavor and tender; I had the salmon over truffle mash potatoes-the flavor combination was delicious, this is one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. My husband had the grouper over savory black bean. He said grouper was a little bland but with flavorful beans it was a great combination. We had the molten chocolate cake for dessert-good, but we have had better. Prices were a bit high but for an Anniversary celebration we didn't mind.Special Features:
- FernOsegueraVIPDined on 6/27/2013Fern by chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten and chef de cuisine, Juan Pena is the best place to literally taste the spirit of Puerto Rico. One of my favorite plates was the black pepper octopus, sweet onions and ahi dulce. The avocado pizza and the cucumber martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fooddrwiloDined on 6/15/2013Great appetizer and entrees, small selection but delicious. A must visit if in PRI would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/9/2013Ate here two nights and love both meals. However the dishes that truly stood out were the Shrimp Salad, Hamachi & Lobster. Not to mention the desserts were all amazing. Expensive, yes, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, excellent foodLogioDined on 5/12/2013We had asked for a lunch reservation. It was established by the hotel at 11:15 AM. When we arrived, it was Mother's day, they told us that at that time we could have breakfast, because on that particular day they would not serve a-la-carte lunch but a buffet that would not be served until 12:30 PM. They were very nice, good food, good service, and reasonable prices for a top place. We left very happy after a good experience. We intend to go in the future at a later hour to have lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinner at Fern was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/15/2013Our dinner at Fern was outstanding in every way! First of all, delicious flavorful food--shrimp salad, salmon tartar, pizzas!, grouper,chicken, salmon--especially recommended. The service is extrememely accommodating and attentive. Coral, our server, even remembered my husband's food preference from a prior dinner. A "New York" dining experience in the Caribbean!Special Features:
- We made reservations threeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013We made reservations three hours before our meal and were treated with great warmth from the staff. Our waiter Julio made the night special by explaining our meal to us and wishing US a wonderful trip.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013We enjoyed the food and the ambiance, service was very good.Special Features:
- Joel provided an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Joel provided an excellent service, his recommendation in food and wine were really helpful and we liked everything about the place.Special Features:
- Excellent - highly recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/12/2013Food and service were outstanding. This is a gem on the eastern end of Puerto Rico and shouldn't be missed if you're looking for fine dining away from San Juan. It is expensive. We had concerns based on comments made by others, but found no issues; the food and staff at Fern far exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- What a wonderful place toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2013What a wonderful place to dine. We sat outside overlooking the water and the beautiful moon. Everything was excellent from the waitstaff, drinks, wine and food. I would highly suggest this restaurant to anyone who is in the area.Special Features:
- Poorly run & misrepresentedDebjebDined on 2/22/2013The restaurant wasnt what we expected. It was not correctly represented in ads. I got dressed quite nicely the first evening on our arrival at the hotel & found it very loud with several families allowing their small children to run around the restaurant. The parents were dressed in casual beach clothes as well with shorts and hats. This was at 8-9 pm, not 5-6 pm. And a Weekend Evening! The restaurant has no dress code or rules. There is a more casual restuarant in the hotel. I feel there should be a rule about children being there after a certain time. If a restaurant is advertised as so upscale, elegant and with gourmet food, no kids running around! It also didnt seem well-managed. Sound level was cavernous. Food was average.
- One of the best overall diningCindySVIPDined on 2/8/2013One of the best overall dining experiences we've had in a long time. Food, service and setting were phenomenal.Special Features:
- Steamed shrimp salad is amazing!mckflaVIPDined on 2/1/2013Steamed shrimp salad is amazing! Service is superb. Genuinely nice people.Special Features: