645 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02215Neighborhood:
Kenmore Square / Fenway
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fenmoreamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: 6173911800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Loren Schrader
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday nights from 9 pm to 12:30 am live music
A word from Fenmore Grill
Fenmore Grill features American dishes focusing on New England regional cuisine. Whenever possible we use local crafted or farmed items to offer the freshest, and best tasting ingredients possible. The menu offers anything from appetizers, sandwiches, the freshest fish, burgers, Maine lobster sliders, Boston cream pie, to a great steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fenmore Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Unexpectedliy closedmrpeabodyVIPDined on 7/27/2014My reservation for Sunday July 27 ,2014 at 12:#0PM was not honored because the restaurant did not contact me to let me know the kitchen would be closed until 3:30PM for cleaning of the kitchen exhaust hood.
- Duck in for beer and dinnerDancesanddineswithwolvesDined on 7/11/2014Great place to duck in for wings, fish n chips and beer.Special Features:
- Amazing!4timmensDined on 7/1/2014What an amazing place. Food is great! Service excellent. Close to Fenway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisyCharlieDined on 6/28/2014There was no host/hostess at stand when we walked in so even though we had a reservation, we were told to sit anywhere. Service, however, was great from that point on. Our server, who was very busy, was very courteous and very polite. Food was good, but place is noisy.Special Features:
- Don't go here if you're hungrybostonbredVIPDined on 6/26/2014I can't attest to the food at this establishment because they didn't honor our reservations. They also didn't attend to anybody waiting for a table before a concert. The place was packed, it seemed short staffed, and the only time I heard the manager - he was apologizing to a party for their food taking so long to arrive. He then was nowhere to be found and no hostess was working and no waiter could help with the reservation. Will never go back.
- DisappointingBostonTDined on 6/26/2014Very disappointing experience at Fenmore Grill. We had a reservation for 5:45 prior to the Billy Joel concert at Fenway. I arrived at 5:35, finally able to flag down a server to tell her I had a reservation - however the sign at the door said seat yourself - there were two entrances with noone controlling who sat where. The server said she would be on the look out but impossible because of no control at the doors. There also seemed to be a problem in the kitchen to handle the crowd so overhead another serving telling customers they would not be charged for their food. After about 20 minutes of waiting, it became clear there would be no table - so unfortunately no dinner that night.
- Reservation NightmaredatenightninjaVIPDined on 6/26/2014We reserved a table for 4 at 5:30pm on the night of a concert at Fenway Park. When we arrived promptly at 5:30, there were signs at both entrances advising us to "Please Seat Yourselves". When we inquired with the manager, we were informed that he would not be able to honor our reservation because the restaurant isn't able to accept reservations on nights when there are events at Fenway but he'd be happy to check us in so we can at least receive our points. After a bit of prodding (i.e. raising my voice), he told us we could have a four top that was about to open up. As an aside, we would have that table anyway under their "Please Seat Yourself" policy. Even though the food was good and the apps were comped, I wouldn't return.
- Reservations pointlesszippyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Like many people we met at Fenmore that night, we made reservations since we were heading to Billy Joel concert at Fenway. They decided not to honor reservations because they were busy. We were finally seated a little after 6:00. First drinks arrived 6:45 and the complimentary apps (well 1/2 of them anyway) arrived at 6:50 p.m. There were a lot of people in the same boat as we were (made reservations due to the concert) and pretty much everyone was angry. I saw people walk in and seat themselves (sign says to seat yourself) and I saw them wait for 25+ minutes for someone to take their drink order -- and they ended up leaving. Our check was completely taken care of in the end, but we will not eat there again.Special Features:
- Good food, good value, mgmt weakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014We made a reservation to eat here before going to the Billy Joel concert at Fenway. Due to traffic into Boston, we knew we'd be late and called to day we'd be about 30 minutes late and whoever we spoke to sait it should be fine. When we arrived, the restaurant had signs that said "Seat Yourself" at both entrances. We were lucky to get a table after a brief wait. The next 45 minutes we listened to multiple parties fight with the manager because they too ha reservations, but no tables for them!!! Food? Good value early-bird specials at to the bar. We split sliders (3/$5...and very good!), Calamari (decent), and a Caesar salad (good). Wine and beer only at this bar/restaurant, no mixed drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service then Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014I have been there twice in the past two weeks. The first time the food and service were excellent. This time the waitress was extremely inattentive. We had to remind her that we had ordered appetizers. She brought them out and the shrimp cocktail was wilted and the flatbread was cold. They had obviously been sitting there for a while. We had to wait forever to get her attention to order our entrees and another drink. The restaurant was not busy. A waiter brought out our entrees and was very nice. I will go back but will try to avoid her section if she is there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/4/2014Went for dinner, the service was poor and very slow. The restaurant was empty so there was no excuse for the service. The atmosphere was fine, new but nothing special. The food was ok, if you're in the area for a Sox game it would be an ok place to grab a drink (beer and wine only) before the game.
- Maybe if everywhere else is crowdedzadnorDined on 5/31/2014Nothing much to recommend the place. Blah environment. Blah food. But likely to have a seat available when everywhere else in the area is full before a ballgame.
- Okay alternativeProfNancyDined on 5/23/2014If you're looking for decent food, served efficiently, and without the high noise levels and higher price tags of many other Kenmore options, Fenmore Grill will do fine. The menu is very limited, but you'll probably find something you like.
- lsssVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great find although making an Open Table reservation was confusing since there is a sign to Please Seat Yourself. Food was ample and tasty, service was attentive, pricing was reasonable - we will go back - a true enclave in noisy Kenmore Sq.Special Features:
- Okay food, nothing specialWonderfulDined on 5/11/2014Not a good place for a special occasion. Basically a well decorated diner.Special Features:
- A find before Fenway gameBeantownFoodieDined on 5/1/2014If you're looking for a meal of higher quality than Pizzeria Uno and area pubs before a Red Sox game, duck into the Fenmore - we sat right down, they had a great beer selection, and the ambiance was great! My daughter ordered their mac & cheese, and I couldn't keep my fork out of it!Special Features:
- great food. .. lacking servicejennoDined on 4/22/2014Our food, when we finally got it, was really good. The restaurant has some interesting specials. But we were there during "reduced price appetizers" and didn't get any reduction on them. It also took forever to get served, 10 minutes to get more water, and our server couldn't seem to care. The bartender had a great handle on the room - everyone asked him how to run the restaurant, and he knew the answers, But he was busy.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Fenmore Grill reviews archive.
- great food, awful servicerlkmnDined on 4/19/2014We had no issue with the food. The problem was with the waiter. He didn't know the menu, told us an inappropriate story about himself and never refilled our water. Then he was done with his shift, but the new waitress was just as inattentive. One person asked to get water refills, which she only refilled her glass. We are usually goid tippers, but left only 5%.
- Beacon BeautyMizzouDined on 4/18/2014Perfect pre-Fenway Park game nite. Like most area eateries when Sox play, it is crowded. Good variety and selection of food. Excellent fast service, they know you are going to game. We'll repeat at this one.Special Features:
- food was good for this groupcarolDined on 3/7/2014food was good for this group that included meat and potatoe types and more spciality tastes we were well tended, water glasses refilled without askingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing greatNikkiVIPDined on 2/21/2014Very odd setup, its all seat yourself. Bar only serves wine and beer, interesting selection of beer. No ambiance, this is more like an everyday restaurant, nothing special. Food was ok. Prob won't be going back. Lots of students.
- Casual dinner dateJoeboDined on 2/15/2014My girlfriend and I went here for a casual dinner amidst a recent snowstorm. Our waitress was very friendly and polite and our service went smoothly. The truffle and parm fries were an excellene appetizer, they used shredded parm that melted onto the plate. Delicious! The notable of the dinner was the parm crisp burger - a crispy fried flat of Parmesan cheese wedged in between the partty and bun which was a first for us and also stellar. The atmosphere was casual and inviting - and full of Boston sports memorabilia. I would go back again, no doubt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; SLOW serviceBostonGringoDined on 2/14/2014Located inside the Buckminister Hotel -- close to Fenway Park, next to Pizzeria Uno in Kenmore. We picked this restaurant bc we had tickets for a show at Wheelock Family Theater (an easy 5 minute drive), and there isn't much around Wheelock College. Menu was diverse -- appropriate for both kids (burgers, hot dogs) and adult foodies. Beer, wine, and sangria only -- no mixed drinks. Sangria was delicious. Food was tasty. Service was unacceptably slow (bordering on incompetent, really). Slow to take our order, slow to bring the food, slow to bring the bill, and even slower to cash us out. The restaurant was almost empty, which made the slow service inexcusable. As a result of the slow service, we were 5 minutes late to our show.
- Upside surpriseljschwarzVIPDined on 2/7/2014Really enjoyed ourselves here. The place is restaurant meet cafe and club. Comfortable seating and everything from a communal table, to bar seating, fireplace seating and regular tables. Comfortable noise level because the tables are nicely spread out. Great bar area and selection of wines. The food was all well prepared and enjoyable. More like comfort food, than elegant entrees although there are a few choices on the menu if that is what you want. If that meets your needs this is a great place.Special Features:
- A good timeAlexDined on 2/6/2014Got a groupon for this place. Was a little weary before because of the low ratings on yelp. After going I don't understand how they could be so low. Yes they don't have hard alcohol, which is unfortunate for people like me who like a good cocktail, but they have beer wine and our waitress / bartender made a delicious sangria. It was a Thursday night at 8 and the place was pretty empty. We sat at the bar but could have sat anywhere. Food was all decently priced and my chicken sandwich with guac and bacon was fantastic and only around like $10 with really good fries on the side. Overall we had a good time. Our waitress and the host could not have been nicer and since we're close we will probably be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingEmilyDined on 2/2/2014Went on a Sunday because it was half off for college students! The food was pretty good! And it's a very nice atmosphere. Good food cheap! The place was dead though. And the service was absolutely atrocious! Seven workers and we rarely saw our waitress, the manager was texting right in the middle of the restaurant, and I was getting dirty looks from the bartenders. The waitress didn't refill water, put our dirty dishes on other tables, treated us like she was our aunt that could talk to ys however she wanted & forgot my good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/19/2013A good place to get a bite before a sox game. Everything was well prepared. The waitress was young and seemed inexperienced, but was attentive. She didn't know how to serve wine, opened the bottle didn't poor any wine and started to put the cork back in before we stopped her and poured our own glasses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2013If you have all the time in the world and want to ask for your dinner to be fixed when it arrives, then this is the place for you. We went in for dinner and when we ordered iced tea were told that it would take 2 minutes. 10 minutes later, our tea arrived. Dinner was salad for me and a chicken sandwich, salmon with potatoes for my friend. 45 minutes later, my basic salad arrived. We asked about the rest of our dinner and were again told 2 minutes. 10-15 minutes later, here came our food. My chicken sandwich was ok, but severely lacking in the guacamole promised on the menu. My friend's entree was missing the "relish" that came with it. They were more than willing to take the check at the end of the night as 3 servers offered to take it.
- World Series Pre-Gamenorthriver8Dined on 10/30/2013Fenmore has unlimited potential, but need to get their service straightened out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2013This was a big surprise...I was unaware of the restaurant, but booked it for location, convenience and availability before a Red Sox playoff game. Was incredibly pleased, surprised and will definitely go back! The food was very good, the service was attentive and they started out asking if we were there for the game or going to the game. Then, they made sure that we got out in plenty of time. This will definitely be a regular spot for us before a game!Special Features: