Fenicci's of Hershey
102 West Chocolate Avenue
Hershey, PA 17033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fenicci's of Hershey
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.feniccis.com/
- Phone: (717) 533 7159
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday : 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00 am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am Bar open later.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Swartz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for Lunch & Dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Rooms available.
- Private Party Contact: Phil Guarno 717-533-7159
- Entertainment: Live local talent every Friday & Saturday evening from 9:30pm till Midnight
A word from Fenicci's of Hershey
Herhey's Oldest Free Standing Restaurant. A local favorite for 78 years. Featuring our Famous DeAngelis Spaghetti Sauces & our Famous Upside Down Pizza. Homemade, delicious Italian Dishes, featuring Seafoods, Steaks and Pasta. Full pub menu & sandwich selection. Full menu offered all day & late night. Full bar with entertainment on weekends. Home to the stars, after cast parties & celebrities from the Hershey Theatre. Conveniently located on Chocolate Avenue, directly across from the Hershey Story Museum. Top rated on Trip Advisor & other sites. Featured in USA Today and Comcast Best of the City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fenicci's of Hershey - Best Restaurants in Hershey ›
Fenicci's of Hershey reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (121)good for groups (85)kid-friendly (73)special occasion (68)fit for foodies (53)great for outdoor dining (49)romantic (34)great for lunch (34)late-night find (28)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (19)notable wine list (13)scenic view (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Everything was excellent......waiter, atmosphere, food, service. Everyone in our group was very pleased, you make us want to come back for more. Our waiter was so great...don't remember his name but thank you for your great service Again, great place and thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locals know bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014Place to go when there is an event in downtown Hershey. Went for Hershey's Halloween parade. Pizza and wine, then just stepped out the front door to watch the parade go by. Always a great spot to meet up when you have a large party, and/or kids. Owner and servers always very accommodating. Reservations suggested for larger parties, or on dates when there is a lot going on in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianGNO11114Dined on 10/20/2014Reasonable prices and good food. Not many good Italian restaurants in the area results in this being a great restaurnat.Special Features:
- Hits the spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food, service, ambiance were perfect. You can feel the passion and professionalism of the wait staff. Even a drop by visit by the owner on a very busy night. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great value, generous portionsValuedrivenDined on 10/18/2014Each in our party of 4 had different entrees. Pizza was great! Chicken Parm was good! Mixed seafood grill.....shrimp & salmon overcooked but crab cake was terrific! This was our first visit but we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitaddie21VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had never dined at Fenicci's, and were very pleased with the food and friendly service. We were seated at a booth in the bar area, which was very busy, but not terribly noisy. My husband had the chicken cacciatore, and I had the duck ravioli special-both were well-prepared and tasty. The restaurant has a cosy, friendly ambience. We will certainly come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Fenicci'ssln5009Dined on 10/18/2014This is actually my second time at Fenicci's. I found it online last year and we decided to try it the night before the Hershey Half Marathon and it was so good that I came back this year the night before the race. They are always busy, so a reservation is a must! We sat in a booth in the bar area, which is just as nice as the regular dining room. We had calamari and bruschetta, salads/bread and then veal parmesan and spaghetti with meatballs. Everything was delicious. Service was good! The only negative thing I can say is that the server brought our salads after about a minute of having our appetizers, so all in all we ate in a half hour, which made us feel a bit rushed! Next time I'd order apps and wait to order the entrée!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, very nice servicebigbDined on 10/14/2014Waitress was a 10, food was a 10. The family loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDoc19Dined on 10/10/2014I went here twice on my stay in Hershey. I had pasta one night and their famous upside down pizza a couple of days later. Both were tasty, though the pizza was not as "fabulous" as advertized. I did love the peanut butter pie the second night, as it was delicious. Otherwise, I sat in the bar and on a Friday, it was busy.Special Features:
- CordCordVIPDined on 10/9/2014Average food, excellent service. House Chianti was horrible. I will return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in HersheyHbgItalianDined on 10/9/2014Fennici's is one of our "go to" places when we are eating in Hershey. In a town that has many chain restaurants, this is a nice option if you want real food. The food is good and consistent. The pizzas are fabulous. We order them as an appetizer for the table, or as a dinner so we have extra for lunch the next day. My husband likes their steaks which are very well seasoned, and I usually choose a seafood special or the grilled salmon. We were there before a show at the Theatre, and it was also the weekend of the auto show, so it was very crowded. The service was a bit slow, but did a great job for as busy as they were.Special Features:
- Not impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Ordered the house salad along with an appetizer for my meal. The menu promised mozzarella, olives. peppers and egg on the salad. I got about 50 cents worth of bagged salad with shredded carrots, one slice of cucumber and 2 grape tomatoes for $5.25. Never again!Special Features:
- Great dinner, great placeObxkidDined on 10/4/2014We love eating here, great food, great ambiance, great services always, we love that the owner comes around to greet us and that he remembers us, one of our favorites if not the favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fenicci'sjonboDined on 9/29/2014West coasters are just not used to the quantity and quality of seafood available back here. The Mediterranean pasta was very good, wife had Crab manicotti filled with cheese, gave it two thumbs up. Friends were happy with gluten-free pasta which satisfied. Wine list not long, but some good selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sd60goneDined on 9/28/2014My friend and I made reservations at Fenicci's for a quick lunch before going to the theatre. When we were seated our table was directly beside a pole in the middle of the room. We requested another table in a brighter room with windows but were told that those tables were all reserved. I had a view of the other room (around the pole or course) and there were open tables the entire time that we were there. I was very disappointed. Also the waiter was not very attentive and seemed disinterested in serving us. We were not made to feel welcome by any of the staff.
- redsDined on 9/27/2014excellent quality food; a great place for a celebrationSpecial Features:
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We frequently have family dinners and always are pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodMactor17VIPDined on 9/27/2014This was seriously the best food I have ever had. The sauce was amazing on the chicken parm. The dessert was the righth size and yummy. Can't wait to be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Four Fennicci FansFatherFennicciFanDined on 9/27/2014We went early (5:00 PM) on a Saturday evening and made reservations. Good thing we did as there weren't any tables available until after 7:30 PM. We sat out on the patio. It was surprisingly warm for late September in Pennsylvania. The weather was perfect and the insects in the air were minimal. We ordered two hors d'oeuvres and an upside down pizza for our family of four to share. The menu looked great and our food was excellent. The hostess and server were both very nice. The owner even made an appearance to check on the customers. We only had two complaints; our table was not level and rocked and we had to ask for water refills on the warm evening. Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed eating here.Special Features:
- PersonalityDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014After a long wait time by phone to make reservations, I logged onto the website to make our reservation. I thought how non personable and while dining I heard a gentleman actually tell a staff person when he called to make his reservation they told him he should have used the website instead of calling. He obviously does not have the technology as many elderly people. We were not received at the receptionist area with any kind of friendly greeting, more like where are we going to put these people? It took 3 people to decide. Our waiter did a fine job. My husband ordered cowboy pasta? It barely had any meat in it other than a meatball, very little sauce. My Mediterranean Pasta was delicious.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Good old fashioned Italian dishes. Phil makes you feel welcome, like going to his house for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp ScampiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I didn't have a bad time here, but honestly I wouldn't come back. - The menu was too big for me. - The house salad was very frugal with its vegetables. -Shrimp Scampi sauce was flavorless, the shrimp rubbery and the fettuccine was underdone. For what the price was I would expect better quality of food. On the positive end, the staff was friendly, the place was clean, and the decor was pleasant.
- BabsDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and excellent service. Highly recommend for a dinner outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceretiredteachero8Dined on 9/26/2014Seated promptly with our reservation. Wait staff very accommodating. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suprisebubbaDined on 9/20/2014Found this place on tripadvisor. Tried it out and was very pleasantly surprised. Food and service were great. Prices werent too badI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good first impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Took my wife here for a casual birthday dinner. The place was busy inside and out but our reservation was on time. They sat us in a room with at least two other large groups of young people. They were very loud as you would expect but they sat other parties in there with them. This was not at all what I was looking for as we had to practically yell to speak to each other which just created my noise. This could be avoided by simply not seating small parties with your groups. My wife ordered a beer that was forgotten and our waiter seemed overwhelmed and not attentive. Food was fine but the evening was a downer. There are a lot of nice restaurants in Hershey so no need to go back to this one.Special Features:
- GolfandgrubDined on 9/19/2014Great Italian food, big portions, fun atmosphere and friendly service. Always enjoyable!Special Features:
- founderDined on 9/18/2014we had dinner at Fenicci's when we were in Hershey a couple of years ago and loved it. Could not wait to experience it again. This time we were terribly disappointed and most likely will not return. The waitress was fair ( although she did better as the night progressed) but the food was disappointing. We ate outside so any noise level was understandable. I hope that this was just an off night for Fenicci's as we so enjoyed it in the past.
- Business lunchMattBDined on 9/18/2014This was a great place for my team and I to grab lunch after a mornings long meeting. The prices were fair and the food was excellent. The service was superb, and the owner even stopped by our table to check in on us. We ended up chatting with him for close to 15 minutes. It was easy to see he sets an example for his staff to follow.Special Features:
- Best Night Ever!dauphincommishDined on 9/13/2014This was the last evening of our family vacation. After a week in Myrtel Beach we decided to have one more dinner together as a family. The food was excellent! The service...so good that my son (25) asked if we could invite our server over for Christmas. She became part of the family. Early in the evening, the owner came out to meet our 9 month old granddaughter. He asked if she had her first meatball. She had not. He delivered it quickly along with the cutest tee shirt ever. "I ate my first meatball at Fenicci's of Hershey" We had a blast. The food, service and atmosphere made it the best night ever!Special Features:
- Fenicci'sgood2goDined on 9/13/2014Nice casual Italian. Our table was ready for us at our reservation time. Service greeted us promptly and took our drink orders. Menu was very large, seems like they are trying to hit a lot of demo's there. Waitress picked up on my daughter's birthday and recognized her during dessert. Food was good, would go back with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Poor ServicemcdonaldvDined on 9/13/2014Food is very good, but it took an incredibly long time to receive our food - every course. The server was not apologetic. Poor customer service.
- Fun, Food & Friends at Fenicci'sdebsongDined on 9/12/2014We planned with friends to go for dinner and none of us had been to the restaurant for more than 15 years. It was a great evening! A cozy, inviting, place. Lots of chatter , smiles, and delicious food. Our server was very friendly. Above it says notable wine list - I saw a list of mixed drink specialties but never saw a wine list. I asked for a malbec or shiraz and enjoyed a delicious glass of malbec. Two of us had the lasagna, and two had the pasta with choice of sauce , all was enjoyed. The rolls were delicious, a basket of 4 rolls was placed on our table, and if offered , we would have each had another I'm sure. We will definitely return to try some other things on the menu. Booking our reservation online was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Lunch special was delicious. Always appreciate Fenicci's generosity with providing coupons for local residents.Special Features:
- The worst Italian food we have everLovemyfoodDined on 9/11/2014We should have known it was going to be a bad meal when the salads were served. Lifeless and full. The sauce on both the leather like veal and seafood fra diavola was tasteless and bland. No amount of salt, pepper and table side Kraft grated cheese could save it. Noodles were over cooked. Service was terrible. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Skip it and go to Devon's across the street where the food and service are both wonderful
- Highly Recommend RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Service, food and waitress -- excellent. Not our first time at Fenicci's of Hershey. Will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialoccasionDined on 9/10/2014My wife and me, along with another couple, took our out oftown guest to your restauant. Steven, our waiter, was social-yet professional. The food was brought out in a timely and all was the correct temperature. Our guest commented positively on your sauces and your portion sizes. Afterwards, we all commented that we enjoy the total experience at Fenicci's. Please maintain the status quo as much as possible. I remember coming here in the 70's when I went to MHS. My wife raves about it at her position at MHS and I tell everyone (not everyone, I like to still get a seat) of our friends about your gem. Thank you for making our recent visit an enjoyable one. Duane RyanSpecial Features:
- Great place to eatCharann102Dined on 9/10/2014I've been going to this restaurant since 1971 and the food I'd always great. This time the salads my husband and I got were old. Lettuce was turning brown and some was absolutely wilted. Our entrees were wonderful as always. This is the first time in all of these years I have ever received poor quality food.Special Features:
- Great Italian in HersheyMotownwvDined on 9/6/2014Good and people were fantastic. Portions were large and very tasty! Everything made to your liking and tweaks weren't a problem. Mary the server was a true gem!!! Enough food to enjoy the next day too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place to Eat in HersheyAnniversaryCoupleDined on 9/6/2014Great food at good prices. Very friendly staff, especially our server Lisa and including the owners who came to the table and asked how everything was. It truly is a "gem."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.