Feng Asian Bistro and Lounge
Millbury, MA 01527Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $30 and under
Feng Asian Bistro and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ginzacorp.com/feng-millbury
- Phone: 5088654400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Feng Asian Bistro and Lounge
The Ginza Restaurant Group welcomes another restaurant to her family with the addition of Feng Asian Bistro & Hibachi in Millbury. Feng Asian Bistro & Hibachi offers a unique dining experience in the Farmington Valley. Creating a cross between a family oriented restaurant & fine dining experience, Feng allows customers to chose their dinning experience while not coming short on the delectable dishes. Hibachi offers dinner & a show for customers & is perfect for dinners out with the family or large groups. The main dinning room offers a touch of elegance & sophistication while not coming short on the portions. Finally the sushi is among the best you will taste, as each of the special rolls offer a unique taste & combination of fish and sauce. The dynamic combination of these elements allows Feng Asian Bistro & Hibachi to offer something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a fun night out with the family or for a romantic dinner for two, Feng is a wonderful option.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Feng Asian Bistro and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Needs some investmentJoewards42Dined on 10/10/2014I've been going to Feng since they opened a few years ago. Always loved it. I haven't returned for a while, until this past weekend. It didn't have that spark that I always loved about it. I am a restaurant snob and I felt like things were a little shoddy. For instance, their placemats are tattered. They haven't replaced them since they opened years ago! And the food didn't have that stand out gourmet feel I was used to. Oh and the waiter had a long pinky finger nail which freaked me out quite honestly. We all know what that indicates....Special Features:
- LobsterpieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Meh. Nothing special. Located in one of those "shopping mountains" as my husband likes to call them. We started with Japanese Beef Dumplings. They were ok. My husband had the sushi which he said was good but not mind blowing. I had the Panang Chicken and was underwhelmed. It wasn't as spicy as I would have liked and expected and the giant chunks of tofu are neither elegant in terms of presentation or something I want huge chunks of in a chicken dish. It flat out lacked authenticity and was overpriced. Service was excellent. We were greeted by a hostess and our waitress was very friendly, attentive, and on top of things. Honestly, our less modern fluff local take out spot blows Feng out of the water.Special Features:
- Great as alwaystroytDined on 9/8/2014The General Tso's chicken is simply amazing. Perfect seasoning, tender, and lots of it. Dark romantic atmosphere make it a great date night.Special Features:
- The following 173 reviews are from the Feng Asian Bistro and Lounge reviews archive.
- reviewDevineDinnerDined on 5/31/2014Overall, great experience; however, the calamari app was very tough, almost like it was cut frozen and immediately placed in the fryer- did not return it as we were hungry; however, informed waiter afterwards.Special Features:
- ChangingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/21/2014Unfortunately, they have been cutting back on the food, and the quality of the Chef's performance is not as good as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodKLD1973Dined on 5/11/2014A little pricier than other really great hibachi restaurants, but good overall and excellent service at the Hibachi table. My only complaint would be the cuts of meat are not of higher quality for the price being charged; (maybe because they include a shrimp appetizer with all meals...?) and the flavor was slightly lacking. Great assortment of vegetables in the rice but could use a little more of them. Just a note, some people are allergic to shrimp and they don't ask you if you want it or not (we just didn't notice it included in the description with the meals). Sushi was very good, and would go back to check out the bar and regular table service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty but...mconDined on 2/21/2014Pro's Food was tasty, service was excellent, nice atmosphere. Con's Sushi rolls needed more fish for the price, there was very little. A bit loud due to the hard surfaces everywhere
- Hot spotMrsDDined on 2/14/2014We made a reservation for 10 and we only had to wait 20 minutes. It was very busy. But the food at the hibachi was excellent. Great entertainment and a night out with the family. Definately a must do with friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dayjpdagsDined on 2/14/2014We started bad with Fengs. The reservations were not need due to the fact they were sitting everyone expect the teehee couples who reserved sits. But the food was great and our waitress Elizabeth was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had made my reservationMangiaDined on 2/14/2014I had made my reservation to sit at the hibachi grill for my boyfriend and I. A few hours before our reservation they called to tell me hibachi was only available at 4:45 or 9:45 not our original confirmed 6:00. This was disappointing, but we were able to get a regular table.Special Features:
- Great FoodCharlotte7753VIPDined on 1/22/2014Wonderful Asian food, fabulous Sushi. Very accommodating wait staff, food arrives promptly and at the perfect temperature.Special Features:
- Very impressive.....visually.CreggmanDined on 1/19/2014I had high hopes for Feng Asian Bistro and was rather surprised by how beautiful the place was decorated. Unfortunately, that was as good as it got for the most part. The menu looked very impressive and we had a hard time choosing from such great choices. Our procrastination was all for naught though as our main dishes were utterly and the portions were SMALL. Huge plates, small food, big prices. Service was polite, but very slow and we felt rather ignored throughout our meal. Stop by their lounge for some good drinks and maybe a piece of VERY expensive sushi, but save your money and go to any other Asian restaurant if you’re looking for tasty food. If you’re looking for ambience and high prices, then I’d recommend Feng Asian Bistro.
- Quality sushiFoodieDined on 1/18/2014Best miso and wonton soup ever!! Fast and friendly service, but high quality sushi. One of my favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sushi RollsKinderVIPDined on 1/1/2014Dressed up, creative rolls. Starting to sample the entrees every visit now. Excellent staff and bar drinks. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereVinceDined on 12/29/2013I took someone out someone on a first date and we had a great time. Food and service was terffic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuggestionsCyphalinkDined on 12/28/2013When at the habachi the meat and ric should b cooked same time or meats first because by the time they finish cookn meats rice is cold or done so meats first is better the rice is quicker to cook and rice portion more for the price they should give more riceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love coming hereChrisDined on 12/22/2013The staff is always pleasant and the sushi always tastes great. They don't list it on the menu, but for kids they have a Chicken Tempura plate and some fried rice with no vegetables. Can't wait to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feed backCyphalinkDined on 11/30/2013Well my eife birthday got ruined it was suppose to be a surprise when i arrived my guest werent seated etc so they where met in the lobby which ruined surprise i was aware i would get charged 4 $ a guest to use your plate for cake i brought i got charged extra drink ehich i didnt have and the food timinh was very slow next time i reccommend rice and meat get cookd same time or cuz by the time chickn was done rice and everything else was cold the portion of rice is very small too for the price for to plates and my usual drink i paid 112$ thats alot for a couple especially i normally get the same xact orders so i had a very bad xperience for my eife birthday thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place is a bit expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2013The place is a bit expensive but the food is good. Service left something to be desired. And they gave us an odd two person table almost in the middle of an isle that the waitstaff kept zooming down. Even our waitress commented on the odd table... But then again her service, and knowledge of the menu was nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chipped Plate Notwithstanding ...mizlgwDined on 11/11/2013Dim and dark and full of red ... really eye popping place. I loved the ambiance! Food was good, service was iffy, and the plates were chipped. But I would go back b/c it's a nice place for some good sushi.Special Features:
- Loud but food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013After being told our table was ready, the hostess said she had made an error so we waited in tbe hall for a few few minutes before they called us back. Service was slow (friday night) but we werent in a rush. Hibachi food was good and plentiful. Chef was mildly entertaining. The place is super-loud but thats to be expected. The one thing about hibachi is that you never know know who you're going to end up sitting with. The 20 - somethings who had their second scorpion bowl served before they got their food and then did the saki shooters by yelling "go, go, go" like they were still hanging out at the sigma chi house were not enjoyable to dine around. But again, I suppose its part of the charm of hibachi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiKinderVIPDined on 10/5/2013Even the basic roll seems special. Bar staff friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst service everKevinDined on 9/27/2013Service is so poor, waitress and manager all talk with bad attitude. Hope it won't happen again.
- Bar Area Service DisappointingWillbebackVIPDined on 9/19/2013Sat at a table in the bar area around 6pm. It took 10 min before someone even noticed we were there. It would help to have one waiter/waitress there, instead of relying on the bartender for our orders. Food was good as always.Special Features:
- The service says it allCTYankeeDined on 9/16/2013Sure, the food was good. The portions were ample. But the service. Extraordinary.
- Very Tasty!mbullismDined on 8/8/2013The food was Fantastic! We had a wonderful waiter and he helped us pick out food that was to our liking. Everything was so good! If I had a complaint it was that the menu was confusing for folks like us that don't typically eat this kind of food. It was a bit difficult to figure out how some of the food was prepared. We thought that the prices were resonable for the food quality and would go again-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found Feng's to be priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2013Found Feng's to be pricey with small portions. The only reason we went was because we had a buy one entree and get 1/2 price off the 2nd entree. We purchased two entrees @ $18 but instead of $9 being taken off the bill they took $7.50 off for a sushi app we got. Not worth arguing over the $1.50 but a little disingenuous to be discounting the app insted of the entree.Special Features:
- Very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2013We only had the sushi which was a mixed bag. Salmon and tuna nigiri (fish on rice) was good. It's sold per piece and as with everything, it was expensive for what you get. We also got one of the specialty rolls which was ok but hardly memorable. Except that it literally had 6 or 8 things in it. All the specialty rolls were like that. I'm surprise the waiter remembered everything in the nightly special. It wasn't bad but again, not a great value at $15. The salmon skin maki was terrible. Tough and chewy, we didn't even finish it. The menu is all over the place, several pages long, and takes "asian fusion" to a new level. They'd benefit from refining their focus and concentrating on fewer things.
- Table for one...jemiamDined on 5/30/2013I was in a training nearby in Sturbridge and all restaurants were closed. I checked Open Table for anything open past 9 and came across this restaurant. I was seated in a booth all to myself and the waitress, Chelsea was friendly and willing to suggest items when I had questions. She made me feel comfortable eating alone and always had a friendly smile on her face. The portions were large and the food was delicious. I am disappointed I will not be in the area again to get a VIP card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food, great serviceM2242Dined on 5/16/2013Sushi was so fresh and great combinations, prices were reasonable and service was excellent. Cocktail specials were impressive. Would definitely come back next time I'm shopping and would love to sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/15/2013The dynamite roll and scorpion eel roll to die for and well as the teriyaki steak entree!!! I really recommended!Special Features:
- My husband and I went to FengOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013My husband and I went to Feng for dinner to celebrate his birthday and had a great time. The coktails were great and the sushi was fabulous! The Jalapeno Roll is an absolute must have; so fresh and delicious! The prices are very reasonable. We had a gift certificate to use, and ordered more than we needed to, but with a few drinks, apps, dinners as well as coffee and dessert, the bill was just over $100. Not bad at all. We had a great experience and would suggest it to others.Special Features:
- Every visit to this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Every visit to this location has been great. The only exception was on our last visit our entree's came out first then two minutes later our appetizer was delivered. Obviously there was an issue but both items had good presentation, taste and temp. although we would of like our appetizer out first we did indeed consume and enjoy. Also while our server was knowledgeable of the menu, she did fail to come back and inquire how everything was after we had started to consume our entree's. However she did return to ask if we would like dessert after we had finnished our appetizers. On a positive note we were seated immediately with our reservation dispite the fact that you were very busy that night and people were waiting.
- Not worth it the money!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013There wasn't anything real special about it that would bring me back or not. The rolls we selected were very good. The meal was a beef dish we thought was terrible! It was small beef sticks that were hard and dry over white rice and no sauce...Very, very dry. The portion was awful also for the eighteen dollar cost. Our table was so small we had to finish one thing before another was brought out so that everything would fit. And this while next to couples sitting comfortably at booths designed for four. We had 3 drinks total and an order of crab rangoons and the bill came to $120.00 with tip. We both think there are too many other Japanese/Sushi/Chinese places to go in our area that are more satisfying. Most expensive MaiTai anywhere
- Great place for group lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013Met a group of high school friends for a post-holiday reunion lunch. The service was outstanding - our waiter was hilarious, and friendly. We were the only people in our area of the restaurant when we arrived, and the music was too loud. We ended up asking for it to be turned down. Otherwise, we had a great time, the food was delicious, and we will definitely meet up there again!Special Features:
- I've been to Feng twice andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2013I've been to Feng twice and both times the food and service were excellent. Their drink menu is outstanding especially if you're a sake drinker. It's a little pricey but the extra bucks are worth it for the premium quality food.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/18/2013This place is simply amazing! Always have excellent food & service. Rewards program is incredible as well.Special Features:
- Great first impressionhappywifeVIPDined on 1/5/2013This was our first visit to the restaurant. We went on a Saturday night and are VERY glad we made a reservation on opentable as the wait was over an hour otherwise. The menu is extensive, the food is good and definitely more fresh and healthy than a typical Chinese restaurant. We had the chicken & broccoli, the hibachi chicken, california roll and the kids split chicken and noodles (portion size was just right for 2 11 year olds). We love that brown rice can be substituted for white rice in the sushi or sides. Only complaint would be the loud and fairly irritating music and that the waitress was so busy that it was sometimes hard to catch her when we needed her-- she was still good though. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- wish for salad and appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012the entries use to include an appetizer,soup and soup.Special Features:
- First time at restaurant onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012First time at restaurant on new year's eve and 2 of 3 dishes where so so. i had the chicken pad thai and taste was very bland. and my wifes chicken teriyaki dish was just ok. Service was outstanding and i will try restaurant again.Special Features: