Feng Asian Bistro and Hibachi
110 Albany Turnpike
Canton, CT 06019Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Feng Asian Bistro and Hibachi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ginzacorp.com/fengcanton/
- Phone: 8606933364
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Feng Asian Bistro and Hibachi
The Ginza Restaurant Group welcomes another restaurant to her family with the addition of Feng Asian Bistro & Hibachi in Canton. Feng Asian Bistro & Hibachi offers a unique dining experience in the Farmington Valley. Creating a cross between a family oriented restaurant & fine dining experience, Feng allows customers to chose their dinning experience while not coming short on the delectable dishes. Hibachi offers dinner & a show for customers & is perfect for dinners out with the family or large groups. The main dinning room offers a touch of elegance & sophistication while not coming short on the portions. Finally the sushi is among the best you will taste, as each of the special rolls offer a unique taste & combination of fish and sauce. The dynamic combination of these elements allows Feng Asian Bistro & Hibachi to offer something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a fun night out with the family or for a romantic dinner for two, Feng is a wonderful option.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Feng Asian Bistro and Hibachi - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
Feng Asian Bistro and Hibachi reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (9)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (7)great for lunch (7)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Food was good...service not so muchfrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014We like Feng and have been here many times. This time 3 out of 4 of us were on a strict diet. We asked for plain grilled filet mignon with veggies on the side....no starch & a side order of bok choy to share. The waiter seemed new & had to check to see how to put in the order w/ modifications. That was fine & the steaks w/asparagus came out of the kitchen done correctly, although a thin cut of filet. However, the bok choy didn't materialize. We began eating as the rest of the food was getting cold. We asked the waiter & he said it didn't show up on the order slip in the kitchen & they were working on it. We had to ask a 2nd time & stopped eating the rest of our meal to wait for it...or else we would be having bok choy for dessert!
- We have been to Feng's Canton CtRedSoxFan101VIPDined on 9/29/2014Several times. Food and Service are always spectacular. Sushi/Sashimi selections are awesome.Special Features:
- Overall a great dinning experience31yearshappyDined on 9/27/2014We love Feng. The food, we ordered special sushi rolls, the service, patience of a saint and cheerful and helpful, and the ambiance, relaxing and fun, are impeccable.Special Features:
- Always great!!!!RosieDined on 9/25/2014Food is excellent. Service is the best and a very comfortable atmosphere!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good/excellent quality sushiEastcoastFoodsDined on 9/13/2014We like the Ginza/Feng group of restaurants and Feng is definitely on the more upscale side. The food is always wonderful though depending on your taste the specials can sometimes be not as great as the regular menu. The atmosphere has a modern vibe and while you won't be turned away if you bring young kids be prepared that most other diners will be couples on dates and groups of 30-ish year olds enjoying the drinks menu. We've never been disappointed in all the times we've been to Feng. I would suggest you call ahead because we've been there on Saturday nights when it's practically empty as well as Sat. nights when it absolutely packed.Special Features:
- Loved it!31yearshappyDined on 9/2/2014We had an exceptional experience at Feng. This is at least our seventh time there. Every experience has been exceptionally good. The sushi is absolutely delicious, exotic and seasonal. The staff is helpful, friendly and professional. It's our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedCTJohnVIPDined on 8/23/2014Feng Canton has always disappointed. Their sushi rolls seem to have everything in the kitchen added, so little nuance. That seems to be the approach of many sushi restaurants in the Farmington valley, but makes me wonder about the freshness of the fish. We were early so almost no one was in the restaurant, yet they tried to seat us immediately next to another couple. Food is OK, service is so-so, and it's expensive.
- CantonboyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Had another great evening at Feng. Everything was fabulous. We had sushi rolls, Veggie tempura, the wonton soup special and they were all great. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/11/2014Have been to Feng and number of times in the years I have lived in the area. I have always found the food to be good to excellent however the service has never been more than OK. This last visit had to be the worst service I have had in quite a while in any restaurant. The waiter was rude and impatient. He acted as if he didn't want to be there. He started to tell us the specials (twice) before everyone was sitting at the table. Really made the meal unpleasant. The management should really improve the service and demeanor of their wait staff. Especially for the prices they charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retiredDined on 8/9/2014We had early (5:30pm) reservations for a birthday dinner. The dish my husband had was super (beef ribs with gnocchi). He said they melted in your mouth. I had a sweet potato roll that was good. However the dressing drizzled over was very bland and did nothing to spark up the taste of the roll itself (which was good). The waiter was excellent, knew each dish and his suggestions contained useful information. The birthday treat at the end of the meal was simple vanilla ice cream with whipped cream. A bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FengOpentablediningDined on 8/3/2014The sushi was great. But we were disappointed with the hot sake as it had a sour taste. We love the outdoor dining and the service was excellant. We would recommend this restaurant and will go there again.Special Features:
- Gourmet SushiRORELROVIPDined on 7/6/2014We love this place. The food consistently excellent; Variety is exception. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- The following 188 reviews are from the Feng Asian Bistro and Hibachi reviews archive.
- always does it wellCushingDined on 6/26/2014Can't go wrong with Feng - food is always prepared well, wide wide variety and served so efficiently. Fast and friendly staff from the moment you arrive. Nice bar - small but good drink list and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CantonboyVIPDined on 6/23/2014This is a place we go to often for a great dinner or sometimes for just apps and drinks. It never disappoints. Always consistent. Sushi is the best around and everything else on the menu hits the mark.Special Features:
- Very good service; good food.ValleyDinerDined on 6/20/2014The food was good but a little expensive and there were several flies circling our table. The wait-staff was attentive and polite.Special Features:
- Lunch with kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014This used to be the best hibachi place in the area. However, this time we had a pretty bad experience. Even kids noticed it. The chef had no idea what he was doing. Rice and noodles were undercooked and barely eatable. Vegetables were overcooked.Special Features:
- Always goodInternationalTravellerDined on 5/21/2014Best Asian food in the area. I go there once a month and it's always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great / service poorjwpmitVIPDined on 4/26/2014First time at their Canton location, we love the food in Hartford so we decided to try this. The food as expected was exceptional, the dim sum is a great appetizer. We had a party of 5 - so we tried many types of sushi rolls, you didn't go wrong on any. I recommend the Feng Sushi (Chef's choice). The service from the time we arrived was poor. It took 15 minutes to be seated, although our table was ready - very confused up front. The waiter was downright rude all night. He would disappear for 10 minutes+ at a time, we figured it out as he came back to the table reeking of cigarette smoke. We plan to go back to Hartford. One more, we found the saki list to be limited for such exceptional japanese food.Special Features:
- EhCTJohnVIPDined on 4/14/2014Expensive restaurant that no longer delivers exceptional food. Not worth the money...
- Always ConsistentSushiDined on 3/27/2014The main reason we continually return to Feng is the dining experience is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is consistently good.MarkDined on 3/6/2014Food is consistently good. Unique offerings and presented very nicelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceJimLVIPDined on 3/6/2014We have been to Feng a few times and every time the service has been terrible. It's too bad because the food is very good. In this case the restaurant was full and they appeared to have 1 server for the entire restaurant. We sat down and waited over 15 minutes and the server never showed up at our table. She served everyone around us. The water server filled our glasses 4 times during our wait, We ended up walking out after 20 minutes of no service and going up the street to Elephant Thai, which wax excellent.
- Always GoodTrinaDined on 2/5/2014Feng is a regular favorite. Food is always scrumptous and service excellent.Special Features:
- Show Better Than the FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/1/2014Our chef for the evening was fantastic! He giggled, entertained, and filled my husband with Sake. Both my sons drank more than their fair share of water, siphoned into their mouths by the chef via a ketchup-style bottle. My husband and son has 2 sushi rolls, both would rate them a 7 out of 10. We had steak, chicken, and scallops for dinner. The steak was great, the scallops were fantastic, but the chicken was rubbery. The rice was tasty, as were the veggies. The mushroom soup was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative asian fusionDiner7VIPDined on 1/25/2014creative asian fusion, excellent sushi, in a 'trendy" and fashionable environmentI would recommend this to a friend.
- When we arrived the staffCantonboyVIPDined on 1/24/2014When we arrived the staff was able to accommodate us ,as we showed up with an additional person. We only had a very short wait and were seated in the bar area, which was fine. Service was excellent and the food was great as usual. Two of us had sushi, which is easily the best in the area. My wife , who doesn't eat sushi had vegetable tempura and she loved it. I'll continue to make Feng one of my go-to restaurants, when dining close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great Service!CristinaDined on 12/31/2013We went to Feng for the first time on New Year's Eve! It was perfect! Delicious food, excellent service and wonderful festive beautiful atmosphere. While it is not a cheap excursion - it is all worth it. Our server was excellent - friendly professional courteous attentive - and so sweet. The decor is lovely and all pod our meals from starters, drinks thru dessert - all delicious. I recommend Feng - especially for a special occasion! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Feng!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/19/2013The waitress was fantastic. She remembered us from past visits, even recalling what we ordered. The food was delicious, beautifully prepared and presented. Definitely our favorite restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedHappyDinerVIPDined on 10/19/2013We went to Feng, just a couple miles from home. We rarely eat there but it was restaurant week and the menu looked good. The food was excellent, beyond our expectations. We all ordered the $20.13 menu and we were surprised by the generosity and quality, however the waitress had attitude. The service was still very, very good. We will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We frequent Feng about oncefrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/18/2013We frequent Feng about once every couple of weeks. We are seeing a downward trend. When we tried to order 2 of our favorite items we were told they're no longer on the menu (eventhough they still appeared there). They need to update their menu with new items if they're removing things. Not sure how fast we'll return.
- FengsNadiaFDined on 10/17/2013We had dinner reservations at fengs during CT restaurant week. (App, entree and dessert for $20.13). I ordered off their special menu. You just can't beat the price! The sushi, sushi rolls and sashimi were delicious and fresh. My husband ordered the general tsaos chicken which was very good. However, I think their regular prices are a little expensive. And our dinner was rushed between each course even though there was no need to rush. There were plenty of tables. It was about half full. It's a franchise and for that I will probably not return.Special Features:
- Solid option for sushi andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/16/2013Solid option for sushi and asian fusion food in the Farmington ValleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InnovativeTroglodyteDined on 8/21/2013The food is fantastic, especially the unique rolls offered.Special Features:
- Fabulously Yummy!!heidiandrayDined on 8/17/2013We've been to Feng's Several Times (Ginza's even more) and they always take care of us! The Sushi and Sashimi is always fresh ---oh my and the portions perfect! Almost too much for us - leftovers!! The staff ... friendly ... attentive ... knowledgeable! I always struggle to make a wine choice they let us have a little taste so I knew exactly which one to select. Thank you as always!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent againOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013Feng never disappoints ! Excellent sushi and stir fry. Loved it and will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Asian fusion in regionCsquareVIPDined on 7/21/2013Feng never disappoints. The menu is varied and everything is delicious. Interesting drinks -- try the lychee Bellini. The waitstaff is helpful. The seating is comfortable. Feng is better than any other Asian restaurant in the region. Try it -- you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Server, Nick A.dying2dineVIPDined on 7/20/2013I have dined here many times and have mixed reviews of their service staff. I have often found the servers to be a bit on the pushy side, attempting to persuade me to purchase the more expensive menu items and additional, unnecessary food items. Our server this time (Nick A.), however, was outstanding! He was attentive without being overbearing or intrusive. His input and recommendations were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great servicejoshDined on 7/8/2013Wide selection of food.The sushi was excellent and the waiter was knowledgeable ,pleasant and attentive.A little pricey but does not break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatDougDined on 7/7/2013Hibachi chef was entertaining,server was friendly and knowledgeable .Food was delicious .Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDavidDined on 7/6/2013This is my first visit to Feng.We had a wonderful sushi dinner tonight,even though we do not eat raw fish.Luckily we got Eric as our server tonight(thanks Eric),he recommended couple of cooked sushi rolls for us .The rock shrimp roll was outstanding.My wife had their fig salad as appetizer,the dressing was fantastic.I had sea bass as my entree which Eric told me was the most popular entree of the restaurant .We also tried their special dessert chocolate tort which was really good.We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.