Fellini Cafe: Newtown Square
3541 W Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073-3701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fellini Cafe: Newtown Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fellinicafenewtownsquare.com/
- Phone: 6103536131
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Open for Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Patrizio Capolli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater anything on our menu. We also have a seperate catering menu.
A word from Fellini Cafe: Newtown Square
BYOB Authentic Italian. Daily pasta, seafood, meat and appetizer specials. Catering available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Fellini Cafe: Newtown Square - Best Restaurants in Newtown Square ›
Fellini Cafe: Newtown Square reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- no dinnerNSQdinerDined on 9/19/2014even with an OpenTable reservation, the restaurant made us wait for almost 30 minutes, and then we left. While we were waiting, other people came in and got tables before us. a pity, since the restaurant , which i used before, has good food. But this reservation process is not working at this venue. if you go there, make sure to go at a time that they dont have too many customers. Or pack a lot of patience and do not rely on the reservation process....
- Good foodDinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Food is excellent, and it was much quieter on a weeknight than it is on weekends.Special Features:
- A local favoriteKellyDined on 9/6/2014My family and I have frequented this wonderful local find in the heard of Newtown Square during our 12 years in the Philly area. The food is consistently terrific and priced very favorably (affordable), portions are ample, service is consistently outstanding, and the owner, Manny, is approachable and outgoing. I also love the fact they are BYOB, given my own ample wine selection at home, and they're happy to open your bottle with no corking fee. They're about to expand with the addition of a new restaurant closer to West Chester on Route 3. My only issue is the noise level can be overwhelming at times in this relatively small (seats about 45) restaurant, but that is a small price to pay for an consistently superior experience.Special Features:
- Felini - Great PlacetkleinmaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wish there were more places like Felini Cafe. Very warm welcoming atmosphere, with very good service and great food.... and good prices. A very nice local place where they will know you name and treat you right.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014The food is always very good here, and the service is very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/26/2014Quality of the food was only surpassed by the quality of the service.Special Features:
- Great dinnerSatdinerDined on 8/9/2014Amazing as always. Grilled and fried calamari. Artichokes were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Fellini Cafe: Newtown Square reviews archive.
- Always a favoritemediasporkVIPDined on 6/28/2014I have been going to Fellinis for years and I love it. They never disappoint in anything that I want to order. Patrizio and Manny are extremely hospitable and happy to have my business. The main attraction is the food which is absolutely amazing. If you want authentic and extremely economical italian food, Fellinis is the place to go. Not to mention the service rocks as well. I know people complain that there is a line, but people need to realize they take reservations for a reason! Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/24/2014Small attractive setting with attentive servers and an excellent menu--good food and a wide variety of choices and sizes.Special Features:
- ExcellentLycopodiumVIPDined on 6/21/2014We go to Fellini's when we want to treat ourselves. The food and staff are always perfect. It's the gem of our neighborhood.Special Features:
- Glad we finally tried it!AlexVIPDined on 5/23/2014So happy to find this neighborhood gem. We have lived in the area for almost 2 years now and I can't believe this was our first time there. Great BYO! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- delicious byobminkyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Delicious byob, lemoncello dessert a must, salads enough to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, But Rude to UsNewZagats2VIPDined on 5/15/2014Good Italian, but overpriced for just pasta! We were a group of 10,& they did not appreciate Us! First, they did not want any separate checks, but it was 6 couples getting together for a birthday party! Then, they said they would charge extra if we brought a cake! Then, extra, even IF we brought our OWN paper plates,&plastic forks for the cake! They charged the HOST of the party 7 $ extra for sharing some food with his OWN wife! That was after she had ordered a HUGE appetizer which they could not finish! My one friend asked if he could order meatballs as a side dish, to go with his pasta& the guy said "NO"!! rudely. Closing was 9:30,restaurant was still full, we left, 9:30. There was NO reason for it. We will not go back.
- Never DisappointsKimBobVIPDined on 5/4/2014Fellini Cafe in Newtown Square is our favorite Italian restaurant. It is a BYOB with no corking fee, which is a nice touch. The house salad is amazing and the presentation is beautiful. My husband loves the grilled calamari as an appetizer. He also loves the various veal dishes. I prefer the vegetarian or seafood options and I love trying a different entree each time. This restaurant is far superior to the Fellini's in Media.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian RestaurantmediasporkVIPDined on 5/3/2014The title pretty much sums it up. You will not be disappointed when you come to Fellinis. The food is fantastic and the service is out of this world. Patrizio is extremely caring and made me feel at home throughout the entire meal. They were not pushy and it reminded me of times in Italy enjoying fantastic food with fantastic people.Special Features:
- disappointing / expected moreFjasonVIPDined on 4/26/2014went for the restaurant week deal. i usually expect that they'll wow you during restaurant week hoping to gain new customers. did not work. food was fair and we felt rushed as each course came on top of one another. food was avg at best.
- Great FoodJackDined on 4/25/2014Rest has great food and service however Ouse level is over the top and tables are to close. I felt I could have been part of the conversation with the group next to meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeReese13Dined on 4/23/2014Had a fun girls night out. Food was great and service was great! It was Main Line Restaurant week, so the price was good & I was able to try something I might not usually order. I recommend this place. Fun for a girls night out.... And it's BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great Service Great NiteManandwifeDined on 4/5/2014Fellini Cafe in Newtown Square is outstanding and clearly was the place to be on Saturday night as it was packed from the moment we walked in through closing. A reservation is definitely recommended. The service was amazing only to be topped by the food itself. Highly recommend the Arugula salad special (Arugula with asparagus and artichoke hearts) if it's available. Never has artichoke tasted so good! This is a BYOB so bring some variety to compliment the delicious food. I can't recommend this place enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing salad specialReadDined on 4/5/2014The salad special was fabulous! Beautiful to look at wonderful to eat with grilled asapagus, artichokes and a lemon vinagrette.Special Features:
- lasagne was very disapointing.ReadDined on 3/21/2014lasagne was very disapointing. it was watery and tasteless and virtually no meat in sauce. We eat here a lot and this is the first time we have been disapointed. Generally we love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good italian food, nice atmospherePaoliPeteDined on 3/21/2014Comfortable italian restaurant with good food in Newtown Square. BYOB. Good service. Tasteful decor. Attentive waitstaff. Not a large restaurant, tables are close together to give a cozy/crowded affect. Overall a pleasant dining experience. The desserts were particularly impressive. Reasonably priced. Will return.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasHeathNJennDined on 3/13/2014Food was good, service was good. Quite crowded and cramped though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fellini's is Fine!RagtymVIPDined on 3/12/2014For a quick, delicious and enjoyable dinner where you can bring your own wine, Fellini's is the perfect spot. The food is delicious, their specials are worth the investment and the atmosphere is a great place to catch up with friends or a quick social gathering.Special Features:
- Too busy for their own goodSunniDined on 3/1/2014We have always enjoyed the food at Fellini's but this is the second time we had to wait an extra 45 minutes, in spite of making a reservation. They definitely need more tables or accept fewer reservations. There is no good area to wait, especially in cold weather. Once we were seated, the waiter did not get us place settings without being asked, water took twenty minutes and our waiter was perfunctory. The food as always was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dont go in winterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014if not seated right away you need to stand out in the cold.I would rate this restaurant fair at the best. I do not believe I will go back
- Dinner for 4outspendingDined on 2/2/2014We all enjoyed our meal. They were out of the Mussels and the night was very young. Not that we needed another morsel. We shared appetizers of Bruschetta, calamari a special salad and Caesar Salad they were wonderful. We had a variety of entries and everyone of us enjoyed. 2 of us had desert. There were a perfect size and also delicious. Our server Lisa was pleasant and very tentative to our needs. We enjoyed everything about our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Food was awesome. Me and my girlfriend are going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gem!lovebyobsDined on 1/30/2014Don't be fooled by the strip mall location, this wonderful BYOB is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BYOB aroundTigerfanVIPDined on 1/14/2014We have been going to Fellini Cafe for years. It has the best food, service and atmosphere. Everything is always fresh and cooked to perfection. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mediocre ExperiencePhillyFoodieDined on 12/23/2013It's been a few years since we've been to this restaurant. Things haven't changed much. The gentleman who lead us to our table basically did a "drive by" by just plopping our menus on our table and walking away. That tells you a lot right at the start. The tables are close together, and the ambiance is nothing special. Unfortunately, the rude diner behind me kept sliding her chair into mine to the point where it seemed as though she was actually trying to push me closer to our table. Never experienced anything like that before. The grouper special really wasn't that special. We could have been dining at any mediocre restaurant, and we wouldn't have known the difference.
- Fellini's is our go-to restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/13/2013Fellini's is our go-to restaurant for consistently great Italian food at a reasonable price The service is friendly and diligent. Portions are large, we always leave with food, and the salads are always fresh, generous, and inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So GoodKarenTDined on 12/4/2013The food at Fellini is excellent. So fresh, large portions, reasonable pricing. What more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian RestaurantmediasporkVIPDined on 11/23/2013Fellini cafe is by far and away my favorite italian restaurant anywhere in Pennsylvania. The service and food are always excellent. I love that the food always comes out hot! Anyone who has not been here, I would highly recommend it! Nothing can compare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.