340 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.felixnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124310021
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast :8:00am-10:45amLunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, French
- Executive Chef: Matias Delsart
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Grand
- Public Transit: Directions By Subway: A, C, E, 1, 9, 6, N, R, S, J, M, Z – Canal Street station Directions By Bus: * M5 – Houston and West Broadway (south); * M21 – Houston and West Broadway (east/west); * M10 – Varick and Grand Streets (south); * M1 – Broadway and Grand Street (south weekdays); * M1 – Lafayette and Grand Street (north weekdays)
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from Felix
"Félix is situated on a corner in downtown Soho NYC with french doors that open up all around for ultimate people watching. With its authentic, worn-in, comfortable french decor, its international crowd, upbeat ambiance and awesome cultural flavor, day or night, this popular and long-lasting hangout makes for a fabulous dining experience."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Felix reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (23)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (12)scenic view (11)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (9)romantic (7)late-night find (5)special occasion (4)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Authentic French BistroJackie121Dined on 8/12/2014Try the lamb merguez sausage, I plan to go back for it. Great service, even better food, (grilled calamari was perfect). A tad pricy for a bistro, Dinner for two apps and main course, bottle of chablis, $220 with tip. Great open windows open to the parade of pedestrians on West Broadway. Love the place, recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceImperadorDined on 8/8/2014Bad service, expensive comparing to any other bistrot in Paris, food without savoir-faire (only the menu is in french...) , poor wine list, no real bistrort atmosphere...it´s a prank!Special Features:
- Typical Euro Spot in SoHonovicefoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014Food was nicely prepared, and the tables aren't too crowded. Great people watching scene, if you get a table that faces the street. Our OpenTable reservation must not have gone through, but we were seated right away. Food was excellent. Servers were very European (which is to say nonchalant), but could have been a bit more attentive on refills, clearing plates and following up for dessert/coffee/the bill. But a lovely experience all around,Special Features:
- World Cup Night -DebbieWVIPDined on 7/1/2014We were there at one of the World Cup nights. I have found that walking by this restaurant that it is not crowded like so many yet good food and service most of the time. However, due to World Cup, service was a little challenging. Still, on a nice summer night, a table in between any of their window openings is a fun, causal night. Good food, good company!Special Features:
- Food not worth the money!SupermantDined on 6/23/2014We paid 145! For lunch for 2 people. 2 salads,1 meat dish,1 vegtable sandwich, 2 drinks and 1 beer. The food was soooo bad! Everything came with too much oil on it,especially the vegtable sandwich, I felt like I'm eating oil. It was disgusting .the pear salad was bad also with no dressing on it, I took only a few bites and that was it. The drinks were good. The only nice part was the Brazilian fans that came to watch the World Cup. Apparently it is a hot spot to watch the games so we enjoy a really good ambiance. But that was it. Will not recommend this place and will not return there again. By far the most expensive lunch I've ever paid for for a bad food! The restroom was so dirty that we preffered not to use it. Poor experience.Special Features:
- Felix was nicemathangisDined on 6/18/2014I liked the restaurant, the music, the view from the table out onto West Broadway. It was perfect for my first date. Only issue I had was that I forgot to take my leftovers with me, and by the time I had come back for them when I remembered, my waiter threw the food out! It's my fault, but I wish he kept it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRNYDined on 5/31/2014Went on this past Saturday and the service was great! The French Toast is amazing... Yum!!!Special Features:
- Good foodgreenmachine80VIPDined on 5/12/2014I came here for dinner with a friend on Monday night. It was nice out so we had an outdoor table. We both enjoyed our meals- salmon and mussels. However, I found the server aloof and almost rude. Prices were standard for the neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Felix reviews archive.
- Great Afternoon!SabaDined on 4/27/2014Loved the food and the ambience! The salmon with poached eggs were cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- NYC with the girlspookspogirlDined on 4/26/2014Service was prompt and friendly. Food was very good. Vibrant atmosphere. Just what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise ExtremeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014The place is light years away from what it used to be. A long time ago, I must admit. Too many tables, making it very uncomfortable. My chair must have been rocked a hundred times. Also, the music is much too loud. I appreciate that some people like it, but my guests and I didn't. It was difficult to talk to each other and we left to have some desert and coffee in another place. Many New York restaurants are loud and we know it's part of the game and does contribute to a fun atmosphere. But this is just too much of it. Since the place is packed, the owner will certainly disregard this comment which I fully understand. But my friends and I won't make it ever again. C'était bien, mais ça c'était avant!Special Features:
- 1 of my favorite places for brunchaidalizDined on 4/12/2014Felix is on my favorite list of brunch restaurants. So far, all the items I have tried off the menu have been delicious, the service is really friendly, and if you want to schedule a brunch with a large group of friends is the few places in Manhattan that allows you to reserve online via Open Table, even for larger parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and venue, poor servicenewyorkDined on 4/6/2014The restaurant had a great vibe with windows opening up to the pavement and an excellent location. The food and cocktails were very good, especially the French onion soup. The service was a let down, with moody waiters and having to chase people to ask for water or anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively atmosphere!AnonymousVIPDined on 4/5/2014I had a great experience at Felix, with the energetic feel and the wonderfully fast/attentive service as two things standing out the most. Even though this was my first time here, I've passed by and seen that this place always has a loud crowd noise and it was no different when dining there. The noise level is always high and, while my date and I enjoy this scene, not everyone will. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the service, though. Everyone working there was attentive and friendly. The host took our reservation and sat us immediately, while the waiter received our order and also gave us suggested wine pairings. The food also came out incredibly fast! You can tell the food is quality there and my date and I definitely enjoyed!Special Features:
- We arrived on time for ourLisenycDined on 3/23/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and they Had the place packed to the gills. They led us to A table that the chairs didn't even fit around - it was So overcrowded - so we left.
- Fabulous FelixLuckmeisterDined on 3/20/2014Never a let down, always great atmosphere, fantastic building with huge windows make it a super lunch spot. You really think you are in France... Chef Pierre is tops! Good food, good wine, good company, that's life!Special Features:
- eventhough the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2014eventhough the restaurant was open to book on opentable, when we arrived there they said the movement that day was not great and that they were closing the kitchen earlier, so they could not have us. Really disappointing. If you cannot take clients, do not leave reservations open.I would recommend this to a friend.
- our usual hauntMapudimatVIPDined on 1/17/2014Our daughter lives rigt around the corner from Felix so this is our favorite place to eat "locally". It never disappoints and has that flare and vibe that make it a fun place to be. Service was excellent as usual and we left very happy indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and not so copious,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014They don't take the card !!!! even if there is an ATM inside, it's annoyingSpecial Features:
- A brunch traditionBrieVIPDined on 12/8/2013We have come here for brunch when we are in NY. The mussels are great. Has a fun/energetic ambiance and seems to have a great following! Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013We were 2 couples from Norway who was 3 days in NY for christmas shopping, and thought it was important with good planning of where to eat. For Friday brunch the choice was Felix, and we did not regret that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the steak for 2 as wellAPinNYCDined on 11/22/2013Had the steak for 2 as well as the fried calamari. Unfortunately was out of Bordeaux which we were hoping to find a bottle of, but the server instead recommended another bottle which was almost as good. Would probably return sometime again in the future.Special Features:
- Not prepared for Res- long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/17/2013We waited over half an hour after our reservation to get our table. The food was pretty good- but the services was poor. Waiter did not honor request to serve salad instead of fries. It was over crowded. I do not think we will ever be going back.
- It was fine. Not great, notMokenVIPDined on 10/20/2013It was fine. Not great, not bad. Just fine. Service sucked but food was good. Also annoying they only take cash or AmEx. Not on my shortlist to run back to anytime soon.
- service poorBozzyVIPDined on 10/6/2013Waitress left us alone for 45 mins until I had to go search for someone to get the check.Special Features:
- NiceMichelleVIPDined on 10/6/2013We had a nice brunch. The service was a bit slow but the food was tasty. There was nothing particularly amazing about our experience but it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. Greatthebigdawg3Dined on 10/4/2013Great food and service. Great setting. The place can be a bit loud is the only non-positive thing that could be said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing staff!kouskousDined on 9/17/2013lovely place, with amazing customer service and food !I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceAnnieVIPDined on 9/15/2013Went here for an early Sunday lunch, had the steak tartare which was ok, but nothing special. The service was sooo bad, noone knew what they were doing, ordered a coffee with soy milk on side, and only when I received it (ten min later) i found out they didnt have soy. They never offered to take it back. Unstructured and slobby. Too bad, nice location. Wont returnAnnie
- Excellent RoomWormDined on 8/29/2013I think Felix has one of the best dining rooms in NYC, particularly when the doors and windows are open. Great atmosphere, highlighted by an interesting and bustling location. This a great NYC experience. As an interesting aside, our main meals were brought out a little early, and we asked if they could be held back as we were still sharing a terrine. They didn't go and sit the meals in some food warmer but actually went and cooked another steak for each of us. No problems. Said a lot about the quality of the restaurant. We also had a slightly troublesome three-month old baby with us in a big stroller. Again, no problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location in Soho key cornernincanDined on 8/24/2013We had reservation and got a table in the corner of the restaurant. Day was fantastic, what helped enjoyed an outstanding experience. We were able to watch the SoHo and its characters, the tourists and the locals, everything from a strategic point and enjoying a very good lunch. Prices are reasonable for what you get. Very satisfied with the experience overall.Special Features:
- Great host and always goodIvo83VIPDined on 8/17/2013Great host and always good food. Dj on Sunday is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2013Felix is one of my favorite places. Usually I go there for the croque madame and mussels, but this time we went for dinner. The tuna tartare is out of this world. The charcuterie platter is just average, but the mussels and fries more than make up for it. Excellent!Special Features:
- It was unfortunate but I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2013It was unfortunate but I had scheduled a breakfast with a client and the chef did not show up so we could not order a hot breakfast . The server offered what she could , but was not good . Stale bagels and sub par fruit. I have gone there for years , but hopefully this was a mishap . I would only recommend it for a weekend brunch with lots of Rosé !
- Only Cash or American Express???NoBuenoDined on 8/6/2013I had a business lunch here last Tuesday and I must say the first half of our lunch was pleasant. However when it was time to pay, I handed over my company card to have it handed over right back to me saying, "We only accept cash or American Express". Excuse me??? This wasn't a hole in the wall type of restaurant so I wasn't understanding that policy. On top of that, if they're going to have strict payment policies, the waiter should notify everyone of this before taking their order. After spending 30 minutes of being asked by numerous waiters to call friends who may have an AMEX card or go to the bank and take out cash from the company card (neither of these was an option) I finally went over to the manager to resolve this situation.
- Felix is a classic!SRadjyVIPDined on 8/4/2013Felix may not have an extensive brunch menu but everything I have tasted was delicious and the setting - indoor but with two walls of windows always open if weather permits - is a perfect solution to the general rarity of street level terraces in the area. Think the owner is the same as Miss Favella, which would explain why the pitchers of Caipirinha look just as enticing. Classic spot, reliably good food and friendly service in English or French.Special Features:
- Good location, great crowdChendrixDined on 7/28/2013Sunday brunch in this neighborhood, at this Place, was indeed just what we signed up for on a Sunday in NYC. Perfect eggs Benedict and relaxed atmosphere. Go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambiance, deliciouskrisDined on 7/18/2013Wonderful ambiance, delicious food, attentive staff. What was lacking? AC in 90 degree weatherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again greatNicknameDined on 7/15/2013Have been at Felix couple of times - some years back. Again very nice, good quality of food and nice seating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, beatifulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2013Great atmosphere, beatiful men and women , friendly service and ambiance . Excellent choice for weekned brunch .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.