Felice Urban Cafe
12502 Larchmere Blvd.
Cleveland, OH 44120Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Felice Urban Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.feliceurbancafe.com/
- Phone: (216) 791-0918
- Hours of Operation:
New Summer Hours
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Felice Urban Cafe
Set in a quaint yet chic turn-of-the-century home on Larchmere Boulevard, Cleveland's art and antiques district, Felice Urban Café has been serving up delectable dishes since 2008. Our philosophy is to create fresh, house-made food for a sophisticated palate, but present it in a casual and approachable way. We are proud to serve locally-sourced produce, including ingredients from our own private garden. Enjoy dinner and drinks with friends on our beautiful seasonal patio, mingle at our nightly happy hour, or share a romantic table for two at one of Cleveland's most unique dining spots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Felice Urban Cafe - Best Restaurants in Shaker Square ›
Felice Urban Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (37)great for outdoor dining (29)good for groups (14)hot spot (10)romantic (9)special occasion (9)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)scenic view (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014Sat by the fire on a snowy evening and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The goat cheese appetizer was amazing and the mixed green salad perfectly dressed. It restored our faith in restaurant week after a horrible time at another restaurant earlier in the week. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this funky little place!!ClevelandRandyVIPDined on 11/7/2014I love everything about Felice. It's in a house, with table spread out into several rooms. The menu is very unique and creative, instead of sticking to variations on the basics - lots of small and mid-sized plates. Interesting drinks, good wine list, reasonable prices, friendly service. They have it all!Special Features:
- First timeImpressedinOHDined on 11/7/2014We loved it. It's right down the street from us be we never went in. We didn't know what we were missing. Everything was made and presented with care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felice Urban CafeJimmyDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant has its heart in the right place, but it seems to lack the necessary expertise and panache. The execution of the cuisine is amateurish at best. Small example: the Spaghetti with Shrimp dish was accompanied by a couple of slices of toasted French bread. They looked like remainders from a used bread basket, and the toasting was uneven, so that parts of each slice were outright burned. In addition, the dish itself lacked flavor; somehow the ingredients didn't quite mesh to produce a satisfying whole. Beyond that, while I appreciated the visit made to our table by the owner-manager, a simple greeting would have sufficed; it was inappropriate to ask my brother if he was thinking about moving from Chicago to Cleveland.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaystravelinfoolDined on 10/18/2014Felice can be counted on to consistently serve up creative and flavorful dishes in a warm and inviting environment.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodKalliDined on 10/3/2014Everything we ordered was wonderful. Server, not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place with characterLindyDined on 10/3/2014Great little restaurant in an old house. We have eaten on the back outdoors patio and inside; both have charm and feel relaxed. It's a place you want to linger over your food and enjoy the company of friends.Special Features:
- Urban GemnanciVIPDined on 9/30/2014We unfortunately sat next to a large group who were loud. Not in a bad way, but found it difficult to talk. Nice menu with lots of options. The service was extremely slow. Might have been due to large party. The kitchen seemed to only be able to take care of one table at a time. What we had was good. Not fantastic. My daughter had a pasta with shrimp and she said the shrimp was very tough. I would try again. Loved the house it is in. Remember the old coffee place and love the ambiance.Special Features:
- Grandparents night outRBJGPDined on 9/26/2014The food was very good, but the menu is more limited than in the past. Our server was less knowledgeable than we would have preferred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningBettyboopDined on 9/24/2014We brought our brother-in-law for dinner because we wanted him to experience some of the best parts of our life. He just loved the ambience of Felice, as we do, and we had a lovely evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Will recommend and go back as it was our first time. GREAT FOOD; DRINKS and SERVICE. Love being in an old house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappoint!EatlocalVIPDined on 9/19/2014We went to felice on Friday night. Started at the outdoor bar with wine and a cheese plate. Move inside for dinner with friends. We all had soup/salad, main courses, and desserts. Very high quality and delicious dinner. Would recommend for a variety of occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeliceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I went to felice last minute with my boyfriend. We both got the hanger steak and it was absolutely delicious. The waitress reccomended a bottle of Pinot noir that was also great. I would love to come back here soon it was great :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising foodJean0519Dined on 9/5/2014The menu was unpredictable and fit my taste. We were seated outside and it was uncomfortably warm, no fans, no a/c options. The fish tacos were good, but the octopus appetizer was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Felice - DelightfulPepperPDined on 8/20/2014Old Victorian home turned into an eclectic eatery. Not a fancy place, quite casual atmosphere. Outdoor eating is on the patio and in the outdoor bar area (old garage). Good variety of selections for meat eaters and for vegetarians. For appetizers, I can recommend the mussels - and get additional crostini to soak up the fabulous broth - garlic shrimp and hummus. Recommend the roasted beet salad, the salmon and the mac & cheese.Special Features:
- PDViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We were in town to help our aunt move. She wanted to treat us to dinner and chose Felice. It was special in so many ways -- the occasion, the food, the wait staff and the moment. After appetizers and before the main course we were herded inside due to imminent rain, thunder and lightening. As drought stricken Californians we would have been happy to soak it up but the dexterity of the staff was impressive and we were pleased to experience both the patio and the inside dining space. Food and staff were exceptional.Special Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Felice Urban Cafe reviews archive.
- Wanted to love itDayB11Dined on 7/24/2014Service was EXTREMELY slow. My friend found a piece of plastic in her fork. They handled it well by taking her meal off the bill and providing free dessert for the table. However, later in the evening we overheard a server calling our table a very disrespectful name. We were horrified and probably will not return.Special Features:
- Great food with a twistfirsrtimefreddyDined on 7/24/2014Take a recipe you think you know and Felice's Urban Cafe makes it fresh. The PoBoy sandwich with deep fried veggies and mac and cheese with some great sauce, not too heavy, were great. Terrific outside patio.Special Features:
- Terrific as alwaysFoodLoverDined on 7/23/2014I love visiting Felice. I usually take my friends to dine there and everybody really like it. The service is nice but sometimes could be fast/slow depends on how crowd it is. They some time open the outside garden to sit as well. Just wish I live closer, so I could go more often.Special Features:
- Still great after all these yearsSusieQVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great restaurant for quick evening meal or long conversations with friends. Great outdoor patio. Hip 2 nd floor bar for those who want that scene. Recent change in management has NOT affected food quality.Special Features:
- Delightful mealBettyVIPDined on 7/18/2014I was worried about going back to Felice because I knew the restaurant had a new chef. My worry was unnecessary. The food was excellent (how do they manage that from their tiny kitchen?), the service friendly and helpful, the surroundings lovely. They were easily able to accommodate special dietary needs, and to answer questions from our group. It's a great neighborhood restaurant, and a wonderful value for the modest cost.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014Bouillabaisse was extremely spicy. Charged for bread and butter.Special Features:
- IvanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Our wine glass was dirty. Also the waiter, on her way towards our table, pulled a hair off of it. My salmon dish was great, however the calamari was just ok and isn't the greatest looking dish either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but be ready to wait!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/16/2014We went to Felice for my birthday, and I have to say that the food was fabulous. Definitely not a place to take hungry children as it took about an hour from the time we placed our order (i.e. 45-60 minutes for mac & cheese for the kids). However, this is the perfect place to go if you have the time to relax, enjoy a cocktail, and spend quality time with your favorite people while waiting for some really delicious food.Special Features:
- Good food, service was very poorTharrison72Dined on 7/10/2014The food was really good, besides the octopus app. It needs some work. Katie our server was so slow. We waited awhile for our food, had to ask for drinks, then waited so long for a refill that we declined when she finally showed back up. Had to ask for our check, then waited as she was seen talking to her coworkers and texting. I usually leave 20%+ tip, I left $15 on $112. I wrote the resturant and told them about it, but I have heard back. There are so many other good restaurants in Cleveland why good back. Sad because the food is good.Special Features:
- eaterVIPDined on 7/3/2014third time at felice and I LOVE the ambience ... food is yummy, too. if small portions bother you, this might not be the place for you.Special Features:
- good fun placejamesVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great place. I love going back. Never diaapointted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool on Larchmere!LocalfoodiesDined on 6/14/2014We sat outside on a cool early summer evening and had a delightful time -- the food, ambiance and service were excellent. The menu is creative and offers interesting choices for both meat-eaters and vegetarians, and the plates are beautifully presented. This is a good special-occasion spot!Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceAllitalianDined on 6/13/2014Food was terrific - we really enjoyed it. But our waitress was slow and inattentive. We ate outside on a cool somewhat windy night but they could not get the one space heater to work. We did not ask for them to turn it on so they must've known that it was cool. Yet they kept seating people in that area outside. (Another area outside on the other side of the bar had a working space heater.) For all the workers that they had – it appeared to be a one to one ratio for workers to diners and there were lots of diners – they certainly didn't provide the attention these diners (us) expected. Given their apparent youth, perhaps they were just inexperienced summer help. A more professional wait staff would make this place super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interminable waitSusGBVIPDined on 6/12/2014We were a group of six sitting outside on a gorgeous night. It was a very, very long wait for our entrees after our appetizers. They offered free drinks and free desserts to apologize. It was a week night and made for a late night but the food was tasty and the company enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Patio Dining.HighExpectationsDined on 6/7/2014Staff must have been thin as waitress was rushed and not too friendly. While smaller portions for dinner entrees was nice for a lighter meal, our appetizer of shrimp was quite small for the price. Everything was fresh and tasteful. Not too crazy about pairing of salmon and fish tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/4/2014Sardiines were outstanding, Arugula salad, Charcuterie were a bit disappointing. Garlic Shrimp was okay. BUT the French cut Pork chops were wonderful. Really tender and tasty. Interesting beer and wine selection. Had the wednesday special, so indulged in Cheesecake and coffee creme brûlée which were both yummy. Little bit of background music would be good. But we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding patio and terrific foodDougDined on 5/30/2014Felice has one of the best outdoor dining patios in the area. Food is inventive, delicious and fun. Portions are not huge--they are appropriate and ample. Have never been hungry after eating here, and have never been disappointed by my meal. Price is a value! Go and enjoy the food, drink and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOSU50Dined on 5/24/2014Ambiance is good. Service was adequate. Food was only okay. Our second time dinning. Appetizers were fine but Korean ribs were all fat. A little disappointed. Never really like to complain but would not order these if you dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealannzDined on 5/24/2014wonderful selection of entrees. perfect night on one of the best patios in Cleveland.Special Features:
- An Enjoyable EveningCorbfield2VIPDined on 5/23/2014Our first time there. Intimate place which made it enjoyable. But there was a party that was unusually loud so our server seated us away from them and gave us a better table in the front window. Love that the menu wasn't the size of the book war and peace. Very reasonably priced. My wife had the salmon and I had spaghetti. We both loved the size of the portions. Our swerver made it nice too. Attentive without be overbearing. For dessert I had the ginger cheesecake (wife doesn't eat desserts). Good and filled you up the whole dinner without being stuffed. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2014Great spot. Great food. Not a spot for a romantic dinner but definitely great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2014We have used Felice as a go-to spot for an interesting, easy, relaxed place for dinner for about 3 years. We liked the menu selection of small plates with good variety and reasonable prices. We also like the patio in the summer. Our last visit was disappointing. The menu has been reduced and is less interesting. Our entrees were good but not memorable. Still a good spot, but "good" is the right word.
- FunShopperDined on 4/26/2014We are from out of town and always asking for new places to go. Our daughter who goes to school in Cleveland said this was a great spot. We thoroughly enjoyed the food , and bar upstairs was fun. It was Eric ( the Bartender birthday ) and staff was energetic and so nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findJmyluckDined on 4/23/2014Can not believe did not find this place earlier. Mentioned we were there on facebook and numerous friends raved about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.