Feeney's Restaurant and Bar
6314 N 12th St
Phoenix, AZ 85014Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Feeney's Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://feeneysaz.com/
- Phone: 6022749700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Feeney's Restaurant and Bar
A Phoenix dining tradition since 1965. Originally, Feeney's was the second of several Cork 'n Cleaver restaurants in the Valley, and one of the first eating establishments in north central Phoenix. Feeney's has maintained the Cork's tradition of offering excellent food at reasonable prices in a friendly, neighborhood atmosphere. Many of our meals are prepared from the original Cork 'n Cleaver recipes. All of our soups, sauces, salad dressings and desserts are made fresh on the premises. We offer only the finest beef, seafood, poultry and lamb. Our salad bar is the best in Phoenix, bar none. Our menu has been expanded to keep pace with today's appetites, and features a wide variety of entrees.Our commitment to excellence remains firm. We sincerely want your dining experience at Feeney's to be satisfying and pleasurable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Feeney's Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Feeney's Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- My 3rd time at Feeney'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014This was my 3rd time for dinner at Feeney's. It's a great restaurant to take a date to. The owner personally greets everyone at the door, and she is a sweetheart...very interested in making your dining experience a good one. The food is excellent and the ambience is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very personable staffpjb63Dined on 8/12/2014The staff were very friendly. You could tell Feeney's was a place that regulars go. The staff made you feel like you were welcome. The food was delicious and they have a salad bar, which is the main reason that I chose Feeney's.Special Features:
- Just didn't hit us...smkarizonaVIPDined on 7/30/2014We have friends who are so enamored of this place. The service is excellent. I feel like Sinatra & the Rat Pack should walk in. It's old-world service that is so missing from other spots. The food, however just isn't for me. My ribs were tasty, but the twice baked potato left me cold, as there wasn't much flavor there and it had a slight metallic taste. My friends filet looked great, but smelled funny and tasted bad. It was returned and taken off the bill (really-the service was great). This was my third trip (and most likely my last), as there are just too many places that hit good food and service marks for me to return. I want to like this place sooooooo badly, but it's not in the cards for me.
- Firsttime1Dined on 7/14/2014Feeny's was recommended by a friend. It's not the fanciest, and the food isn't gourmet, but there is just something about it that makes it cool. It's pretty small, not great for a large crowd (we had 8 expected 12 show up) unless you book an entire area and be very clear about how many people you might expect. We went on a monday night for my husband's birthday and because it is so small and family run, we had to wait for our food, drink refills, and apps. BUT, you could tell it was family run and didn't have a huge staff, and it was busy, so we didnt' mind too much. When they make an error, they go out of their way to fix it and we ended up having a great night. Will definitly visit again, with less people :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeney'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Have been coming here for about 20 years. Food and service are always good. Known for their prime rib, but I love their Pike.Special Features:
- moodywormDined on 6/28/2014Outstanding as usual. The Walleye Pike is to die for. What a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeny'sphotobellDined on 6/15/2014Food is always good. We usually go here for special occasions, but the menu looks like a good lunch place. The bar can get a bit loud at times depending on what is on the sports channels. Sunday there was a soccer game on. Noise level wasn't bad and it was interesting to listen to someone explaining to someone else about "football".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not all it's cracked up to bephxfoodloverVIPDined on 6/7/2014Finding a mom and pop restaurant is usually my favorite but this left me lacking. My meal came out ok but my girlfriends surf and turf was not. the lobster tail was chewy and had a slightly salted flavor. sort of what happens when it's old or kept to warm. Her fillet was ordered medium but came out well done. when she sent it back it took 20 minutes for a new steak that was seared on the outside and raw in the middle. We will not be returning.
- Great food & attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Maria and her team are always right on for great food and service. Never have had a bad meal or poor service. Great food at a fair price. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014My meat was over cooked I ordered med and it was med well I like a little pink in side.Special Features:
- Meal was goodJulieVIPDined on 5/11/2014Not much else to say, except I like the atmosphere at Feeney's and they usually deliver on the food as well. The service was good, in fact, our waitress checked on his many times during the evening to make sure all was okay. We will be back.Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Feeney's Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- We love Feeney's!CandidabellDined on 4/14/2014We come here all the time for Monday night Burger Night. $4.99 for a delicious hamburger & fries, and you can add a salad bar for $2.99. The value is just outstanding. The owners are a wonderful Greek couple who just treat everyone that walks in their doors like family. The servers and staff provide the best service. We bring our kids (3 & 5) with us, and they are treated so well; my kids love it here too.Special Features:
- Reliable Go-TonikrayDined on 4/5/2014Salad Bar! Separated rooms keep noise level down. Food is good. Will go back!Special Features:
- Irish eyes are smiling on Feeney'sFilter13Dined on 3/17/2014This is an excellent local restaurant where the returning customers are greeted enthusiastically by the owners and staff. Great service and food make the experience all the more enjoyable. Make reservations when you can they fill up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular spot in this neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2014Popular spot in this neighborhood for many years. Great salad bar and soup. Corned beef very disappointing....tasteless, cut too thick. cabbage lacked seasoning. Won't order this on any future March 17thSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantKriegfeldVIPDined on 2/22/2014We have been coming to Feeney's for over 30 years & finally got to meet & be personally waited on by the owner George, who took over management a few years ago. Great comfort food, reasonably priced, with "Mad Men"-style classic martinis & highballs a bar specialty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Hang-outJulieVIPDined on 2/19/2014Enjoy the atmosphere and cute patio. Always friendly staff--especially Judy this last visit. The food is good and they have a decent salad bar that comes with entrees. We will be back !!Special Features:
- Prime Rib was excellent, saladrobbDined on 2/14/2014Prime Rib was excellent, salad bar very good as wellSpecial Features:
- Maria and her team make youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Maria and her team make you feel welcomed and appreciated. The food and service have always been right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableDaveHVIPDined on 1/20/2014We frequent Feeney's and enjoy their nightly specials. Always friendly, a great value with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminded me of back home.......JimKDined on 1/19/2014The old time neighborhood place that has gone by the wayside. Wish we lived closer. The kind of place where I could meet the wife after work for something casual - just cocktails, sometimes dinner, comfortable. Solid food, good prices. Wife enjoyed the liver and onions, me the prime rib special. Next time, the osso bucco. Clean, friendly, and a simple 60's era no frills salad bar.Special Features:
- We love Feeney's!CandidabellDined on 1/6/2014We love going to Feeney's for their Monday Night Burger Special. The owner's are always there to greet you at the door, and make you feel welcome and right at home. My husband and I have dined there with just our 2 kids (age 5 & 3), and they are very accommodating to children. This past Monday, we had a large group (13) for a double family birthday. The service Maria and her staff provided was just as good with a large group as it was when it was just the 4 of us. We all enjoyed our burgers, salad bar, and the broccoli cheese soup was delicious! We love it at Feeney's and that is why we continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uniquemeeshDined on 12/31/2013Went with my parents and my boyfriends parents for nye. Service was a little slow but food was good and server was very friendly. Lobster was great! Ordered prime rib because of other reviews, found it to be tasteless which was unfortunate because three people at the table ordered it. Parking was tight, but would give the place another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New YearsmikeyDined on 12/31/2013We were there for New Years dinner. We were seated right away and server was right there taking our drink orders. This was a first visit for my mom who throughly enjoyed every peice of food she put in her mouth! She can't wait to go back! The service & friendly atmoshpere was outstanding.....as always! We will be back as my husband wants to try everything on the menu!Special Features:
- Chicken nightDaveHVIPDined on 12/17/2013Tuesday is Chicken night at Feeney's where every chicken dish on the menu is $9.95 including salad bar and a side. I enjoyed the Chicken Marsala which was plentiful and very tasty. My dinner companion ordered off the menu and had BBQ Chicken on a charred cedar plank, which he said was terrific. As always, Maria and the staff at Feeney's makes one feel at home.Special Features:
- The entree was greatOccasionalDinerDined on 12/8/2013Went to Feeney's before a concert downtown. Not into sports, so having a TV viewable from every seat was not a selling point for us. The soup and salad bar were fine. The main course was absolutely delicious. My husband had the Beef Wellington and I had the Tournedos Oscar. Although I'm sure the chef was shaking his head, he did his best to accommodate our request to "make it as well done as you can." In spite of the more medium-well done status, our meat was tender and flavorful. The sides were good, but the beef was really really good. We will definitely go back, as we appreciate the effort on their part to prepare our food the way we like it, as opposed to the way it "should" be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers and FootballDaveHVIPDined on 11/18/2013Feeney's pairs their Monday Night Burger Special with Monday Night Football. Add the generous salad bar and a home made desert and the night is complete.Special Features:
- anniversaryhappyanniversaryDined on 11/17/2013After a quick search on the internet my wife and I decided this would be a nice place for our anniversary. This place had great food, salad bar was simple but nice and the entrees were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service & foodmikeyDined on 11/15/2013First time there for my husband. He was very impressed with the menu, especially the seafood/steaks. Very much enjoyed the shrimp cocktail & clam chowda soup. I enjoyed the salad bar. Our dinners (steak) were very enjoyable. The service was excellent. , as were the owners. Very warm & inviting little place. It's worth the drive for us & we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great local findScottDined on 10/21/2013Feeney's feels like an old friend from the moment you step in. Wait staff is friendly, attentive and glad you are there. The good is great!!! Regular specials like Ribs on Thursday or a large selection of Chicken specials on Wednesdays and of course the $5 Monday Hamburger. Feeney's has a great salad bar for a entree or a side salad. On this trip we were a group of 4. I had the burger special, my sis the ribs, my niece NY strip and my wife the salad bar. All was GREAT. Cooked to perfection for us. Feeney's is our favorite local, neighborhood place now along side the Phoenix Grill for us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD~SERVICE~SALAD BAR~MIMIDined on 10/21/2013WE MET A GOOD FRIEND HERE BECAUSE FINNEY'S HAS LONG BEEN ONE OF HER FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. OUR WAITER GREETED HER SO WARMLY~~~IT MADE OUR EVENING . WE WERE THERE ON A MON NIGHT AND THE PLACE WAS VERY BUSY AT 5:30~~~IT WAS HAMBURGER NIGHT~~A HUGE PLATE OF FOOD FOR $5.95.~~~WE HAD STEAK~~CRAB FILLED SOLE AND HOUSE SOUP;~~~ALL YUMMY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Known for their Prime RibMarieDined on 10/12/2013Some of the best calamari I have ever had! The prime rib is consistently the best! Inside needs some updating even though it's extremely dark; nothing major, just at least replace all the stained seat covers because it kind of turns your stomach.Special Features:
- Never a bad meal................jusmoodywormDined on 9/21/2013Never a bad meal................just an excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableDaveHVIPDined on 9/9/2013Dinning at Feeney’s is like having dinner at a favorite aunt’s home. The service is friendly and the food is always good. The salad bar, included with the entrée, is one of the best in Phoenix. Dinner this night included their signature Liver and Onions plate which is very tender and piled high with onions and a generous portion of bacon. Monday night is the very popular $4.00 cheeseburger night so the restaurant is very busy, but the staff still allows diners to take their time and enjoy drinks or watch football on one of the many TV’s throughout the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findmoodywormDined on 8/24/2013Great place! We've been in Phoenix for many many years and never knew. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Feeney'sScottDined on 8/23/2013Feeeney's a a great throw back to the neighborhood eating place. The best service you can imagine. A wonderful salad bar and regular nightly specials. Monday's is $5 hamburger night, Thursday is Rib night with great baby back ribs dinner $10.99.Special Features:
- EnjoyableDaveHVIPDined on 8/5/2013We frequent this restaurant and usually enjoy the Monday "Burger night " special. This evening we mixed it up and ordered the prime rib. It arrived, cooked to order and was very tender, though a bit generous in fat. As always, Feeney's does not dissapoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013As first timers, we were welcomed with as if a regular by George. I could easily see why they maintain such a great repeat business. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableDaveHVIPDined on 7/8/2013Maria, George and the staff at Feeney's always make us feel at home. Their daily specials bring you in and the quality of the food and the friendlyness of the staff keep you coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!foodfiendDined on 7/1/2013We have celebrated birthdays here and came this time for our anniversary. Not only did they wish us a happy anniversary, gave us a desert, and were just spot on with service and food. I cannot wait to go back. They also have fantastic happy hour specials so I will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.