Feed Body & Soul
1239 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90219Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Feed Body & Soul
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.feedbodyandsoul.com/
- Phone: 3104505550x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Wolfe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Feed Body & Soul
FEED BODY & SOUL is a lifestyle restaurant inspired by the belief that eating well can be a daily indulgence. Our California-style menu is one with integrity. Our menu offerings are comprised of fresh, natural, seasonal, sustainable, & organic produce and proteins.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Feed Body & Soul - Best Restaurants in Venice ›
Feed Body & Soul reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (11)great for brunch (10)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lovely Sunday SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014This place is back on my favorite list for Venice cocktails and dining. Did a Sunday supper here with a couple of friends out on the patio. Ordered 5 small plates between us. Each one was delicious and worked perfectly together. Our waiter was on his game and made great wine suggestions. He was friendly, but knew when to leave us to talk. Prices were reasonable. Lots of choices for vegetarians considering it is a meat and fish spot. I will return.Special Features:
- bysonteaksVIPDined on 8/23/2014A new discovery! For me, Feed is to Venice as Mercer Kitchen is to Soho. Will be a regular. The Pork chop is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014My review will up on LaLaScoop.com soon. I loooooved everything. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abbot Kinney DenizenDartagnanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Really great addition to Abbot Kinney restaurant row which combines good food, fair prices, great patio and bar with soft live music. Sides are exceptionally good as we're pork chop, hangar steak and salmon on 3 visits. Decent, reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:
- Romantic and funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We had a selection of small plates, and really enjoyed ourselves. Nicely paced dinner, tasty food, and the patio is a quiet for good conversation. Recommend the Jalapeño cucumber gimlet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster serviceVenicelocalDined on 7/23/2014I love the idea of going out to eat AND eating healthy too. What I don't get is how pretentious "healthy" restaurants have become in LA. Our waiter barely spoke to us at all. He never once asked what we would like to drink, if we wanted to start with any appetizers or how our food was once it was served. It felt like he was doing us a favor. This is not my idea on how to earn a tip, because they are earned. The food was OK, the steak on the steak salad was grey/white and super thin, it looked steamed. The glassware is so small, I drank my ice tea in about 1 min and of course was never offered a refill. The restaurant looks great....it has really nice light, a big open bar, a great enclosed patio in the back. That's the best part.
- "Pay No Mind" ListRespectTheRezoDined on 7/19/2014When we walked in (table for 5 - Parents, niece, wife and myself - rezo for 7:30PM - and we're on time) the hostess looked at our table for 5 and said that they "gave our table away" - round table, nice by the window. So, basically, right away I know this is not going to go well...and it didn't...they sit us up on the patio at a table for six... server came over after about 10 minutes to take our drink order....10 minutes later the drinks finally came... The server took our apps order...and those came out after about 5-10 minutes. Dinner order was given, but 1 hour later WE HAD TO ASK where our dinner was. The hostess eventually made up for the screw up with free desserts. Waiter and hostess applogized multiple times, but damage done.Special Features:
- yumNenaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a fantastic dinner! The space is beautiful and the food divine. Our server suggested the most delicious wine....can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great food/ Great venueFoodaliciousDined on 7/12/2014Food / service / venue were great -- would highly recommend and will certainly revisit.Special Features:
- Great Brussel SproutsstudentVIPDined on 7/12/2014We came for a very early dinner so the place was only half full. Being a vegetarian I ordered 3 small plates, the spiced cauliflower, the spiced carrots and the brussel sprouts. They were all very yummy, but I have to say the brussel sprouts were insane! Even though they were part of MY dinner, my husband and both of our friends we were at dinner with couldn't stop eating them! FYI, my husband usually won't touch a brussel sprout but we were raving about them so much he had to try them, and then didn't stop!,Special Features:
- Nice addition to 'hood.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014Good, inventive food choices. Nice staff. Live Jazz duo, but not noisy.Special Features:
- Nice Outdoor Patio AreaDMS111Dined on 6/29/2014Went there for brunch with a group of 6. This place provided a very well rounded menu and all our offerings were splendid. The park belly sando went over well with those who ordered it. Mimosas were $3 each, and that was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeJPeezyDined on 6/22/2014Sitting on the patio was really nice. The mimosas were really good. The staff was very accomadating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good FindThumbsUpDined on 6/15/2014We had several small plates and they were excellent. Lot of flavor and interesting blends of textures and tastes. I did not know that carrots could be so wonderful to eat! The service was attentive and considerate. The cocktails were varied and interesting but being a wine drinker the Barola and Riesling were very good. The chef came out and greeted us and chatted for a few minutes. Made for a nice way to end the meal.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchSkiSkillzDined on 6/8/2014Went to brunch with a party of four, got seated easily outside and had a great time. The only downside is the LA Westside Brunch scene can get a little rowdy when the bro's get mimosa'd. The food and bloody mary's were great though.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodTrixieQDined on 6/7/2014We have eaten at Feed at least five times as a couple, and have brought along friends another five times, and every time the food has been amazing. Fresh ingredients, interesting spices, perfect temperature on meat, etc. The staff is very friendly, attentive and knowledgable. The back patio is a fun place to sit.Special Features:
- Great Abbott Kinney restauranttripindicular1VIPDined on 6/6/2014We loved this place. It's pretty, lively and has creative delicious food. Cocktails were also interesting. Quite a variety of vegetables. For some reason I came in thinking it was vegetarian but it's not - there was beef, Thai chicken etc on the menu. Nice bonus was that we got there about 20 min early on a very busy night and they seated us right away. Very friendly manager. No Abbott Kinney attitude for a hip, trendy place. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor spaceBeachmaxVIPDined on 5/30/2014New menu over last 6M => less Farm to Table (and better for it). Great patio in back, excellent service and variety of dishes.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2014I've been here a few times and the place is, for the most part, always good and you know what to expect. My favorite dish is the bolognese, everything seems fresh in the dish. We also had the beet salad....I like it but my gf thought it was over baked in the oven (a little on the dry side) - it paired well with the blood orange and cheese. We also had the muscles....the sauce was awesome, but I would say that more than 1/3 of the muscles didn't open, we didn't eat them of course but it leaves a lot on the plate. Pretty good wine and spirits selection from Champagne, wine, and scotch. Service is good. I requested a particular table and they were pretty good about making it happen.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/21/2014Great good great atmosphere and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Feed Body & Soul reviews archive.
- underwhelmedOccationalFoodieDined on 5/3/2014we had to ask to sit outside, the hostess was not very confident and that set the mood. our waiter was strange and not very attentive. the food was just average. The space is gorgeous which is why we went but the business is not run very well and will likely go out of business. A space this beautiful should be busy - but it was empty, even at the bar - bad management. Too bad.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Timeeat2liveDined on 5/3/2014Went to dinner here to celebrate 2 birthdays with friends. Server was friendly and knowledgable, the food was fantastic and the dishes were perfectly sized. Atmosphere was lively but it was easy to hold a conversation and not feel like we were straining to hear each other. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ew restauruantr on Abbot KinneyDinerevDined on 4/21/2014Wonderful ambiance, beautiful large bar area and outdoor patio dining. Mixologist on premises with interesting drink options, tasteful menu and excellent service.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceFoodfanDined on 4/20/2014The service was slow and after the waitress served our toddler a mimosa instead of the OJ we ordered, she shrugged it off like it was no big deal. When we explained that the juice was not right, she very condescendingly told us that we were wrong and that the juice was fresh squeezed from the morning. Finally after all three grown-ups tasted it (one of whom does not drink alcohol), she tasted it and admitted there was champagne in the juice. We didn't even really get upset about the mistake, more that she seemed so unconcerned and apologetic. They were empty and the food still came out cold, all three dishes. Won't go back when there are so many better places in the area. Don't know how this place survives.Special Features:
- Feed - on Abbot KinneyPatMarguliesVIPDined on 4/5/2014This is a very lovely new place on Abbot Kinney. The food was great and the staff very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We had a great time and I am sure that as they grow, they will provide even more delicious options.Special Features:
- Still disappointedDisappointedDined on 3/15/2014We ate here shortly after it opened and were disappointed in the food. The menu has been completed revised. We like this menu, but the execution is poor. None of our plates for the hot food were warmed. My wings, which our waiter said weren't that hot, were so spicy that I couldn't eat them. The pasta sauce was mediocre. The steak was cooked perfectly but was lukewarm on the plate. The pear crisp was flavorless. We won't be trying it again. Too many really great restaurants on Abbot Kinney that we love to go to. Too bad.
- Totally out of sync with newRudyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Totally out of sync with new menu and poor service.
- Terrible service. TerribleAngieSVIPDined on 2/16/2014Terrible service. Terrible food. Apparently these guys are in a transition phase with a new phase, etc, and it shows. Only dish that was ok was the mussles. The burger had a burnt bun, the porkchops had no taste, and the ceviche was not good. Server was terrible as well. He maybe came to our table twice, and, never offered/brought any bread.
- MehToastDined on 2/14/2014For a beautiful restaurant on abbot Kinney - the food definitely disappoints. Very few vegetarian options too.... and not cheap!
- AwesomeKnutes02Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great valentine's day here with my wife... we like good, natural food, drinks and a cool bar atmosphere. This was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on Abbot KinneyVenicevetDined on 2/14/2014I've been here on 3 different occasions and every time the service has far surpassed my expectations and the food and drinks are on par with the best restaurants in LA yet is delivered faster and at half the price. So, if you are a fan of salmon do yourself a favor and dine here, and even if you aren't, I still encourage you to try it because you won't get a better prepared fillet anywhere in the neighborhood. As for the pork chop, it took all my will power to not pick up the bone and gnaw on the last remnants of meat (yes it's that good). And don't forget the organic cocktails--undoubtedly the most creative and tastiest cocktails on Abbot Kinney and in the surrounding area. As Arnold would say--I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Went her for my girlfriends dinner. Everything was fantastic from the food to the drinks to the amazing service. It is definitely on the pricier side, but for a once a year celebration like a birthday or anniversary it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out with the BoysGAT1Dined on 2/4/2014This was the perfect place for a small group to get together and eat some hearthy/good food. Of course we all had the AK Hamburger. Delicious! Perfect evening spot of uninterrupted talk with little ambient noise and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd TimeVTinDTLAVIPDined on 1/24/20142nd time here, and liked it just as much as the first. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wrongRoastbeefVIPDined on 1/24/2014We were placed on a table in the bar area, for dinner. We had booked in the restaurant. The music was so loud and intrusive, our evening was completely compromised. This is a pity, especially at $100 per head.
- The food was great and inventive.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/4/2014The food was great and inventive. I'm a vegetarian and was very happy with my meal and the meat and fish eaters in my group loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AmbiancePKDinerVIPDined on 1/2/2014Great food combinations- octopus&potatoes was quite good as was the brussel sprouts and bacon&egg dish. The menu included arctic char- a fish I enjoy but don't see on many menus. Our server was quite attentive and knowledgable as to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.