2423 Marine Drive
West Vancouver, BC V7V 1L3Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.feastdining.ca/
- Phone: (604) 922-1155
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday from 11:30 am
Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Kayla Dhaliwall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Feast Restaurant
At Feast Restaurant, we are excited to bring an authentic dining experience to West Vancouver’s Dundarave Village. At the centre of the dining room is a long communal table. This is the neighbourhood table, a symbol of the vision for the restaurant as a place where friends can gather, unwind and enjoy one another over a comforting, honest meal. Simplicity and sharing are reflected in the menu. Our favourite dishes are at once exciting and comfortingly familiar - a perfectly seared steak, the freshest roasted fish and truly tasty burgers - allowing the amazing flavours of locally sourced ingredients to shine through. Raising a glass is a key component of a great meal and the wine program at Feast showcases both by-the-glass and by-the-bottle wines of great value and character that reflect those same principles. On weekends, our brunch menu features straightforward classics like benedicts complemented with hashes, salads and sandwiches. We look forward to sharing the table with you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Feast Restaurant - Best Restaurants in West Vancouver ›
Feast Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (31)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (15)special occasion (15)good for groups (14)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Their fried chicken is great!JedimasterDined on 11/22/2014Fantastic fried chicken, steamed mussels are also very good...the only complaint are the fries...honestly even the fast food ones are way better, they are super expensive for what you get. Besides that, the rest is really first class. Not a pretentious restaurant, good ambiance, clean and really good service. Prices are fair. We will return for sure. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic all around experienceKatherinethegrapeDined on 11/21/2014Everything was delightful about our experience. The front door staff to our waiter were personable and expeditious in every way, professional beyond reproach. The food was fabulous. We shared the Squid which was cooked perfectly and presented in a pleasing way. The Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich comes with Bacon relish and Fried Green Tomatoes, delicious. The Dungeness Crab Cakes are yummy and really do contain a ton of white crab meat. Salads were fresh and the pulse of the room was good energy. Kayla from Top Chef Canada was there to say hi, she is running the show and is very friendly to guests, we had a big welcome and will return with our husbands. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and creative menuluvfoodDined on 11/15/2014Good portion size. The pork belly sandwich is worth the visit. Good side fries or substitute with salad. We also tried the crab cake benedict. The eggs were cooked to perfection. crab cakes were fresh. The chicken with waffle was a bit overrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedAllaboutthefoodDined on 11/8/2014Extremely overpriced for the standard restaurant fare served. Insulting wine list with only one bottle for under $100.00. This is not Le Corocodile. Trying to be something they're not. Expecting fun , hip neighborhood restaurant with great food but left feeling fleeced b/c it's west van.Special Features:
- Good food, not such good valueGustheBusDined on 11/6/2014Ambiance, service and food are really good, with minor exceptions. However, what is irritating is mains served without vegetables. Given the slightly excessive prices, one would expect vegetables to be included. Ordering additional sides to accompany the main is gouging and really put my back up. And $12 for a Cesar salad that comprised 5 very tasty leaves of lettuce and a sprinkling of cheese (I chose not to have the croutons) - that is really excessive. However, portion size was acceptable.The excellent menu was also spoilt by the mundane choice of desserts - donut or crème caramel (the size of a very small hockey puck).Debatable if I would return, but the good ambiance, good food and a good wine list may override my irritation.Special Features:
- Good to have in DundaraveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2014The ambience and decor are great and the food is good enough, not spectacular but no complaints. Service is friendly and unobtrusive. My wife and her brother both had the Duck Confit - they said that, while it was tasty, it did not taste very much like duck! Not sure what happened there. I recommend the brussels sprouts as a side dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We were recommended and the location is good. The lighting was such that even with glasses I could not read the menu, but was offered a small flashlight! What we ate was good but due to a change in menu the following day, at least 4 things were off the menu. The noise level was quite high and the table s very close together. Thanks for having this service!
- Not sure we will go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014We had a pleasant evening, atmosphere friendly but I found the menu had too many fried food items, portions were small, and expensive for a small local bistro. The wine list was pricey too.
- FoodieDined on 10/25/2014Food was very good, nice presentations. Interesting cocktails as well.Service very friendly . Nice mixture of seafood and meat options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighbourhood additionMetoYouVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great new gem which was long overdue in this part of town. Menu is well thought out and makes it easy to come back over and over again. Rom is well designed. Only negative is that the room design does not address the sound issues and makes it uncomfortable when rests is busy. This needs to be addressed and is rather easy to fix.Special Features:
- Second time was not the charmLovieDined on 10/24/2014Our second time to the restaurant and our last. It had been a month and a half since our last visit and we thought the kinks would have been worked out. We discovered they were not. Hour and 10 minutes to be seated inside. food marginal. The gazpacho was like ketchup and the curry dish boring and most of the specials gone.
- AudreyDined on 10/19/2014Enjoyed the evening. Only fault really was the seating, very hard benches, for seniors! Perhaps they don't want seniors? Nice varied menu, and good food. Service could be improved. Some of our party found the lighting too low, but flashlights were provided. Our first time at Feast, we will try it for lunch. Love to sit on the patio, looks great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is a new restaurant in West Vancouver (Dundarave) andSpecial Features:
- FoodieDined on 10/11/2014For a neighbourhood restaurant I felt the prices were on the high side considering the ambience is casual. After perusing the menu there really wasn't much that appealed to me other than spending $30.00 for fish. so I asked the party to our left and they raved about the curry and black rice. It was very good We were very disappointed in the mussels. They were small and 10 didn't open. Our server was excellent. Friendly and professional. WE would like to see you succeed and would like to see more entrees under $25.00. WE are in our late 60s and eat out at least twice a week and do not eat fast food
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014It was a fun atmosphere with wonderful service. The drinks and food were great! We were really impressed. My husband said that he would definitely like to bring clients back.Special Features:
- feastfanDined on 10/3/2014Thrilled to have Feast as a new neighbourhood restaurant, it is a breath of fresh air for Dundarave. I have now been twice for dinner and have savoured every morsel that passed my lips! I love the decor and the service has been excellent both times. My only criticism is the noise level, I found it hard to hear the other guests at our table for four and almost had to shout to be heard.Special Features:
- Nice SupriseDubiousDined on 10/2/2014Great evening. Have the vegetable fries. Burger was awesome. Fish and Chips batter was amazing....light and crispy. Wine list from affordable to ouchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- northvanfoodienorthvanfoodieDined on 10/2/2014I have been twice and both times everything that was ordered was excellent! The roasted beet salad is a "must have" for me. The Fresh Sheet helps to keep the menu new for regulars. The wine list is small but well chosen and well priced. The atmosphere is friendly and casual. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find on the North Shore!katiegirl106Dined on 9/30/2014Feast is a fantastic new restaurant. Elegantly styled while embodying a casual West Coast feel. Exceptional food and flavours, complemented with a small but thoughtful wine list (that is very reasonably priced!). Highlights of the meal were the beet gazpacho, crab cakes (stuffed with crab meat!), grilled octopus fusili, and the mussels. Only (minor) disappointment was the halibut. It was perfectly prepared, but not overly creative dish and paled in comparison to the other amazing dishes we tried. Server was impeccable - friendly, authentic, and knowledgeable. The handmade chocolates that came with the bill - perfect touch! Restaurant was bustling on Tuesday night in late September, hopefully this is a sign of great things to come.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent waiter, great food...absolutley no complaints.Special Features:
- Good food, slow to arrivesd8192VIPDined on 9/27/2014Happy to have them in the 'hood! Food is good, it just takes awhile to arrive. Service is friendly, atmosphere is rustic modern/contemporary. Good vibe, busy - you'll probably need a reso.Special Features:
- DontchangeathingatalleverDined on 9/26/2014Recommended by our granddaughter Sophie, (Staff) so we booked it for our anniversary. Also met a friend there .we had'nt seen for twenty five years. Turns out he is a regular. Mark Holden. All and all we had a wonderful time. Thanks......CamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedfoodieDined on 9/25/2014Service is superb, the ambiance was great, but the price is not so good. I had the prawn roll for lunch, but basically it was a shrimp sandwich on greasy grilled bread for $18.Special Features:
- Needs a point of difference!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014I love the new look of Feast's space: a big improvement to the previous Fish Market! The menu tho while well executed isn't much different or special. As a group of women lunching we were saddened by the lack of great lunch-time salads "as a meal". Many options come with a modest side salad (a tad heavy on the dressing). Fish cakes were tasty as were the prawn roll (could use a little something to kick up flavour)and mussels were delicate and well done. A funny observation is that the tables are not set with salt and pepper- a small point but a nuisance to flag down staff to get this added to our table. Men will be thrilled with the burgers and pork belly sandwiches but women may find the lunch menu lacking a bit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, but took a long timesd8192VIPDined on 9/20/2014The food is good and service friendly, but the food takes forever to arrive. Between courses, we almost waited an hour, which is OK if you're in a group and drinking a lot, but it was just the two of us, and we came down for a quick meal out, we sat on the patio and by the time we were freezing cold by the time we paid and could leave. Our dinner took about two hours: 2 appies and 2 entree, no dessert = 2 hours?!!).Special Features:
- New kid on the blockNogoDined on 9/19/2014With limited dining options in Dundarave, Feast is a welcome addition to the neighbourhood. Menu had many standard items you would see anywhere else. Would have been nice to see more daily fresh items and dessert selections. Prices were on higher end considering everything was a la carte and you have to build your meal with sides. We were never offered dessert but Temper chocolate with bill was nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat drink and feastFeastnotfamineDined on 9/18/2014We have been to feast on numerous occasions and have always had a great meal and An amazing time. The room has a great vibe and we love the assortment of diners It's is our go to place when we want to go out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatVIPDined on 9/13/2014new spot in west van. reno looks very nice. some excellent service on one visit and not so great on another. some food issues. and some very good food. i am sure this will all get worked outSpecial Features:
- ErzsikeVIPDined on 9/7/2014Menu is rather limited. Portions are quite small and left my son and daughter's boyfriend hungry.Special Features:
- Energetic local restaurantDundaravyDined on 9/1/2014High end 'comfort food'. Unique flavours and twists to the stuff we love like curries, mac n' cheese and crispy chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience all aroundWVfamilyDined on 8/30/2014Service was attentive but not over-bearing. Cocktails were excellent. Menu is small but very well thought out. Care was given to the look and taste of each dish. A long awaited addition to West Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Overall a good dinner out. Nice ambiance, exceptional service, warm vibe. Menu has a great amount of choices for all tastes. Had the special branzino.... Excellent! Beef carpaccio ......delicious. Marrow toast .... Flavor was ok, toast was a bit soggy. Donuts.... A bit greasy but side dips were delicious. Definately a good addition to dundarave.Special Features:
- luv2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014loved the mac and cheese!! loved the interior designSpecial Features:
- Great Addition to the NeighbourhoodLraepVIPDined on 8/17/2014Service was friendly & attentive. Our server, Kelsey, recommended KFC, the Chef's signature dish, which was arguably the best fried chicken in town. She also recommended fresh oysters, which were very good. Also enjoyed my Sangria. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamineFamineDined on 8/15/2014Feast was famine. It took 1 1/2 hours to get our food (they were new and overwhelmed with the number of guests) and had the usual new restaurant problems. The food is fairly good, the wine is way overpriced and the service needs a lot of help. They had no cappuccino to offer and no sugar substitute for coffee. It won't survive with the menu and the pricing for drinks out of whack.Special Features:
- Great food, but check your bill!DisappointedDiner1951Dined on 8/14/2014We went mid-week and enjoyed our meal. I had the Ceasar salad and the branzini which was the catch of the day; both were fabulous! My wife enjoyed marrow toast (tomato agrodolce) for her appetizer and then had the crab cakes for her main. Although very good, I doubt that the latter would satisfy a larger appetite. Our only big disappointment was when we received our bill and we were over-charged for a different wine than what we enjoyed - and at a price that didn't even reflect anything on their wine list! There was some embarrassment on our server's part, but the manager seemed only vaguely concerned. So check your bill...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new kid on the block!luv2eatVIPDined on 8/14/2014I loved the room!! They did a great job with the reno. We shared the smoked meat on rye and the beet salad. Both were excellent and my dining partnered has already returned to have the smoked meat again. Sadly the amazing, and large, dill pickle that was there on the first visit was not there on the second visit. Maybe a 1/2 sandwich option would be nice. We will be back.Special Features:
- WOW - home run!!!pickyfamilyDined on 8/11/2014Had a group with diverse food taste and everyone left buzzing about the quality of their meal. From vegetarian to meat lovers we soaked up the great vibe, enjoyed and shared every bite and regrettably eventually left wanting more. We'll be back - a new favorite!!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Feast Restaurant reviews archive.