Feast - Bucktown
1616 N. Damen Ave
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Feast - Bucktown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.feastrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7737727100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Brunch: Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Feast Restaurant + Bar is available for weddings, rehearsal dinners and large parties when you need to have the whole restaurant for your event.
The guest list is up to you. Atmosphere, great service and spectacular dining are guaranteed. Please contact our General Manager, Lisa Schmidt by phone 773-772-7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to confirm your next event.
Anniversaries, B’nai Mitzvahs, Baby Showers, Birthday Parties, Bridal Showers,Business Breakfasts, Cocktail Parties, Corporate Events, Elegant Dinners, Luncheons, Rehearsal Dinners, Retirement Parties, Reunions, Special Event Brunches and Weddings
Seating capacity ranges from 10 to 100 with private and semi private arrangements. Cocktail style reception capacity is 100-175.
Visit http://feastrestaurant.com/html/downloads/Feast-Private-Events.pdf for our complete party information.
- Private Party Contact: Jake Aldrete 773-772-7100x
A word from Feast - Bucktown
Feast is a neighborhood restaurant in Chicago's Bucktown/Wicker Park area offering upscale dining in a casual atmosphere. The cuisine is globally influenced by owner Debra Sharpe's travels with famous rock stars including Paul McCartney and The Rolling Stones. In winter, enjoy hearty, seasonal favorites, while summertime offers dining in a beautiful outdoor setting.Continued
Monday and Tuesday: 1/2 price bottles of wine including Reserve List
Every day: Half price bottles of wine to go
Monday and Tuesday: 1/2 price bottles of wine including Reserve List
Every day: Half price bottles of wine to go
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Feast - Bucktown reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (5)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- UnderwhelmimgOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was just OK. patio dining isn't enough to warrant a return visit anytime soon.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerHercegLDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is a great find. The menu at first glance doesn't look like anything incredibly unusual or creative in terms of the offerings; it looks like general "comfort food." But this takes comfort food to a whole new level. Each dish I sampled contained some surprising combination that made it just burst in your mouth - fabulous stuff. I had been there for lunch but this was the first time I'd been there for dinner. I'll be back.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014From the moment we walked in to the time we left our experience was meh. We made a reservation for 6 plus a child seat and when we showed up the hostess tried to seat us she put us at a round table with 5 seats wedged between two other tables. It was so tight that two of the guests couldn't sit down and another was touching the walk and table at the same time! Mind you, there were about 25 empty tables throughout the restaurant. The food didn't all com at the same time and two people in our party had to wait an additional 10 minutes for their entrees while the rest of us did that awkward, I'll wait for your food to come because that's good manners but 10 minutes....now my food is cold. Overall the food was meh and the service was too.
- Great food, slow serviceKBSMDined on 7/19/2014Had great food, but slow service with group of six on a Saturday night. At a couple of points we thought maybe they had forgotten about us. Go, but don't be afraid to call over your waiter. Ps white fish was delicious!Special Features:
- Early DinnerSrDiners842Dined on 7/16/2014We went as a group of 4 shortly after the restaurant opened at 5:30. The service was pleasant and efficient. The food was very good. We were able to have a leisurely meal and still get out in time to make a show down the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible dining experiencekaywhyemDined on 7/3/2014When we arrived for our 6-person reservation, no tables available could seat more than 4, so my party had to split up. Then it took 15 mins for someone besides the busser to greet us. I saw only one server for the packed patio, who didn’t say hello, until ours showed up to take drink orders without writing anything down, then did the same with his other 3 tables. No surprise he came back to ask my mom and sister what they wanted—after dropping off the other tables' drinks. When we ordered dinner, he again took the orders for every other table in his section before disappearing. My beer came & went, my family’s drinks did the same & nothing from this guy. A busser finally said “sorry for the long wait” after we’d been sitting for an hour.
- Great outdoor seating.MorganVIPDined on 6/28/2014This place has a great outdoor patio with strung lights under an canopy. Large tables perfect for groups of 6-8. Inside is also nice with a romantic feel in the evening. Very reasonably priced and the food is pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 379 reviews are from the Feast - Bucktown reviews archive.
- First time dining at feastTay10Dined on 5/19/2014The food here was fantastic. We started with the bruschetta trio which was very yummy. For entrees we had the BBQ salmon, fish tacos and short ribs. All three had really unique flavors that were strong but not overwhelming. Also Monday night is half off bottle night and if you don't finish your bottle you can take it to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for dinnerDisappointedDined on 5/17/2014We went on a Saturday night when we were too lazy to make dinner. It was ok tho nothing really notable about our meal. My skirt steak was overcooked, but my date's butternut squash ravioli was fine. We started with a couple of really disgusting appetizer plates that had food smashed between them, but they were quickly taken away when we pointed them out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Purplegirl410Dined on 5/16/2014Great salads, good ambiance, but can be noisy at lunch. When the weather is good, it is great outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Our dinner at FEAST was great for a quick dinner in the city. Prices good, very family friendly - very noisy with kids, a great neighborhood restaurant for casual dining. The BBQ salmon was slathered in sauce … TOO MUCH .. but the corn pancakes underneath was great. Short Ribs were fabulous - good, light sauce and fork tender. Would go again if in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Easter brunchcheFoodie4lifeDined on 4/20/2014I wanted to use my Groupon for brunch and happen to go during Easter brunch. It was busy, service was decent but not great, and they didn't accept my Groupon. I ended up paying $25 per person for decent brunch food and service. We did get to sit outside and enjoy some sunshine but I could have done that somewhere else or at home for much less and better food!Special Features:
- Birthday Breakfast with Feast!WindyCityFoodieDined on 4/20/2014I found Feast on yelp and it had a lot high reviews. I had walked and driven passed the restaurant many times, but never had a chance to stop in. Feast had a great brunch menu. It was a fixed price as it was set because of Easter Sunday. It was set at $25 per person and included a appetizer buffet and full menu to choose from. The food was decent, but I did notice the salmon I had with my eggs royale was not fresh. The service was average. My waitress was too shy and did not engage with the table. Minus the minor things, I had a great time and I would come back again and try something else off the menu. I would recommend this place to others in the Chicago!Special Features:
- good in the hoodRemyVIPDined on 4/12/2014haven't been there in awhile and was pleasantly surprised at how goos it still is...Just go, already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the Feastkfi87Dined on 4/11/2014The lamb chop was excellent and extremely filling. I probably only ate half of what was on my plate. Great for left-overs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly waitstaff...OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/7/2014Very friendly waitstaff... food was very good but slightly overpriced. would returnSpecial Features:
- Loved it!LilBitDined on 3/27/2014First time here & really enjoyed the experience. Will go back. Good food & nice ambiance. Couples, families and friends-this place met the needs for these diverse groups. Nice neighborhood place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feast does everything wellOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2014Feast is my favorite neighborhood restaurant. The food is always very good. There's a nice bar with plenty of wine, beer, and cocktail options. The menu has plenty of variety from seafood to pasta to salads or beef and chicken. They've got great outdoor space for the warmer months, too. In short, Feast has everything you want in a nice, slightly upscale neighborhood spot. Favorites are the bruschetta trio appetizer, steak tortilla salad, roasted beet salad, and grilled skirt steak.Special Features:
- Awesome!gigiDined on 2/28/2014The food and service was great! I especially loved the RED VELVET CHEESECAKE!Special Features:
- Will be returningeyedocDined on 2/14/2014We chose Feast for the Valentine's Day prix fixe menu which was delicious. The red velvet cheesecake... enough said. Aside from one child causing a ruckus, the service was great and everything was handled with ease. One of my new favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Decent neighborhood spotChicagoJohnVIPDined on 2/9/2014Wicker Park has a TON of restaurants and this is just a nice down-home type of place to find simple food. Simple isn't always a bad thing... We often go back just to get our simple fix, don't expect to be BLOWN away by creativity or exquisite cooking techniques.Special Features:
- great service and comfort foodbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 2/5/2014Delicious comfort food and nice size patio in great location in bucktownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply delish.LaurADined on 1/31/2014Everything is super fresh and prepared excellently. I loved our meal. Chicken tortilla soup for the win.Special Features:
- Amazing food, you're goingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014Amazing food, you're going to pay for it, but amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great braised beef spare ribsCMHFeastDined on 1/29/2014Went here for restaurant week with a 3-course meal. -First course consisted of two bacon-wrapped dates, tasted a wee bit dry, but still tasty. Just expected more than two morsels. -Second course was the braised beef spare ribs... they were phenomenal! No need for a knife - very buttery, tasty meat. By far the best part of the meal. Sides were decent -Third course (dessert) - they ran out of both the red velvet cake and bread pudding that we ordered and never informed us. They just brought out different desserts and hoped wouldn't notice. When we asked about our dessert issues, they comp'd us one of our beverages. Best and only noteworthy part of the meal was the spare ribs, they were truly amazing. The rest was underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Try Againcharris524Dined on 1/29/2014The restaurant was ok. The trout was a little funky but the short ribs and garlic mashed potatoes were very good. Drinks a little small for the price. Would be a great place in the summer when the outside dining room is open. Looks like it would be great for people watching.Special Features:
- a great dining experienceDebs16VIPDined on 1/29/2014Went to Feast for Restaurant Week and really enjoyed their prix fixe menu. The lobster bisque was to die for and had real chunks of lobster in it. I recommend the braised short ribs for the entree - so tender and flavorful! For desert, the red velvet cake was the bomb. And the hostess and our server were both lovely, attentive and helpful. Go to Feast, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great experienceGuestVIPDined on 1/18/2014We had a great experience making a last minute reservation for 7 people. The food was delicious and the service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Comfort FoodIHeartGeneticsVIPDined on 1/11/2014I have to say I was very excited about this place before ever eating there. I had heard it was amazing and I was very happy to have it be true. The wine list is a nice length, not overwhelming and has options for everyone. We had the calamari, the braised short ribs, and the bbq salmon. The braised short ribs are amazing, I will continue to go back just for those, it's like grown up comfort food but way better than your mom could make or at least way better than my mom. And the bbq salmon, I wish I could steal their bbq sauce recipe just wow. Everything was delicious, the atmosphere was a little loud, I felt like talking to someone about business wouldn't work out too well, and the service was good they were just a little busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid choice every timeprytaniaDined on 1/10/2014I tend to come here every few months. The food is always well made and the presentation is very good. The staff is always helpful and knowledgeable. For all this the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My omelette of roasted redSavoryladyDined on 1/1/2014My omelette of roasted red peppers and goat cheese was delicious.Special Features:
- Food was great, big portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Food was great, big portions for reasonable prices. Server was awesome, Hostess was a gem! Would defintely come backSpecial Features:
- Flexible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I got stuck in snow storm and made a reservation here. My friends had problems getting seated since the entire party was not there. Once I called them to explain they seated my friends and when I arrived late they seat myself and my boyfriend at the same table. In addition they had our food ready for us when arrived and had us order it over the phone. It was very nice of them to be flexible with us.Special Features:
- We loved it!! First time thereSydneyDined on 12/27/2013We loved it!! First time there and can't wait to go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphererockinvanDined on 12/14/2013I loved the place the second we walked in. My husband had the short ribs which were fantastic and very tender. I had the black bean burger which left something to be desired. It had a good flavor but was more of a paste consistency than a patty. Will definitely go back and try something new! Also had a good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been here for both BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013I've been here for both Brunch and Dinner and both experiences were amazing. The food was delicious and the servers are super nice and helpful. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Still Great After All These YearsGnolyotnDined on 12/4/2013After a few years of trying other places we came back and were all very happy. Great service and great food. The menu is a little tired - it was all largely the same as before - but well-prepared and well-presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty is an Understatement!SmallTownGirlVIPDined on 11/23/2013I heard about this place while surfing a foodie website, and I'm so glad I decided to try it out. Everything was seasoned to perfection and each course was better than the last. The bacon wrapped dates and crab cakes made for the perfect starters. The whitefish was delectable. It's romantic for parties of two and joyful for 6 or more. No matter what you're craving or how many are in your party, this is the place to be. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staple in BucktownMocakesVIPDined on 10/25/2013I remember when this placed opened a long time ago! So, glad it is still around. The food is solid, wine is good and ambience is great! It can be a bit crazy in the summer with the patio open with families. But I'm glad it's still a staple in this expanding neighborhood.Special Features:
- Delicious!JMBWDined on 10/5/2013Very tasty American fare. The red velvet cheesecake dessert was probably one of the best desserts I have ever had! Bartender very nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.