Fearrington House Restaurant
2000 Fearrington Village
Pittsboro, NC 27312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Fearrington House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fearrington.com/
- Phone: 9195422121
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colin Bedford
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fearrington's beautifully appointed dining rooms, banquet halls, and expansive grounds offer a variety of venues for weddings, private parties, and special occasions. Our dedicated event planners will custom design, coordinate and execute every last detail guaranteeing an event that will dazzle your guests. There are several private dining rooms that will accommodate parties from 8 to 50 and our Garden Terrace will accommodate parties of up to 120.
The Barn at Fearrington offers an exceptional venue for large gatherings including weddings, holiday parties, and company events such as barbeques and team building and celebrations. The climate controlled Barn's rustic appeal always greets guests as an unexpected pleasure. The cobblestone entrance way, expansive dining and dancing space, magical twig chandeliers make the Barn one of the most desirable locations in the Triangle. The Barn at Fearrington accommodates groups from 125 to 300.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Kast 919 542 2121
- Special Events: http://www.fearrington.com/wedding/
A word from Fearrington House Restaurant
This romantic farmhouse restaurant, a member of Relais & Chateaux, is "exquisite from start to finish...indeed sublime...at once cleverly original and intelligently conceived, with a nod to tradition," wrote critic Greg Cox of the News & Observer. Chef Colin Bedford's menu is a symphony of the seasonal, local and exotic, carefully sourced and marvelous to taste. Select from an award-winning wine cellar or let Sommelier Max Kast expertly pair wines for each course. Arrive early for an aperitif in the bar, on the front porch of the white-columned farmhouse, in the chairs overlooking the pastures, or while touring extensive gardens. Intimate rooms with fireplaces and exquisite regional art join with the 2011 Gold Medalist menu (N&O) for an exceptional experience. North Carolina’s only AAA Five Diamond restaurant is just a short drive in the countryside, near to Chapel Hill, Cary, Raleigh or Durham.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fearrington House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Fearrington House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (87)romantic (71)fit for foodies (70)notable wine list (62)scenic view (29)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (6)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Loved it!!tootsDined on 9/19/2014Celebrating a very special anniversary. "Happy Anniversary" and our names were specially printed on the front of one of our menus. We had mentioned the bar where my husband and I met 40 years ago in Chapel Hill when we made our reservation. They went to the bar, got one of their special drink cups and had a flower arrangement in it on our table when we arrived--NICE TOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Magnificent service, but not stuffy hoity-toity. Derrick and Xavier stand out. Beautiful, good atmosphere, unique food, a great special occasion place. Prices high, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Atmosphere excellent, our server excellent, food excellent, pricey but worth it for the outstanding food. Only downside was that one of the couples being waited on in the same room were loud and rather than the their waiter use a quiet voice, to tactfully hint that they needed to keep their voices a little lower, he got loud with them. So the night wasn't perfect, but it was good.Special Features:
- food for godsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Save room for the most delicate, flavorful chocolate souffle imaginable. With the many interim extra offerings, each tastier than the last, and the fascinating flavors of the menu courses, it's important to eat slowly and savor each dish. Chef Colin Bedford combines delicate flavors in exciting ways. This is a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014the food at fearrington house never disappoints. the food is thoughtful and delicious, enhanced further by the outstanding, professional and welcoming service. we are grateful to have a restaurant of this calibre in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1foodloverDined on 9/14/2014excellent food and service made it a special night. one of my finest dining evenings everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truly outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014The Fearrington Hotel and Restaurant is an incredible retreat. Service is superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once-in-a-lifetimequeenforadayDined on 9/12/2014The entire evening was an exceptional experience. I felt like royalty. The presentations were incredibly artistic and the tastes were very complex. The service was first class. We felt completely comfortable and stayed for three hours! The whole restaurant was charming and completely lived up to its reputation.Special Features:
- FabulousLindaDined on 9/6/2014The evening was filled with little dining surprise treats. We loved every minute of this dining experience. Daniel was a wonderful waiter who patiently answered all of our questions about the menu and beyond. A meal at the Fearrington House Restaurant will be the perfect gift for our foodie son.Special Features:
- Reasonable splurgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Outstanding gourmet experience. Great service, with intelligent and thoughtful expertise. GREAT place to make a memory.Special Features:
- Bad StartsattimasterDined on 9/5/2014Opentable's note from the restaurant invites you to come as early as 5 pm for appetizers and drinks. That was a mistake. The front of the house was still being prepped. We had to find someone when walked in to help us and the bartender....geez. He literally threw two drink menus at me, my father and mother who was there to celebrate her 65th birthday. Threw them. Let them just slide across the bar. Then was clearly unhappy and when we tried to make friendly conversation, he was just rude. After this poor start, the rest of the evening was excellent. Our server was incredible. The food was amazing. Just don't show up before 6 or you'll get the wrath of the rude bartender.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2014We couldn't have asked for more. Service was impeccable, food was amazing, well worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal EVER -- EVERY time we go!lunchproVIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I celebrate our wedding anniversary at Fearrington every year and we are never disappointed. The service is spectacular and the experience is top notch. We eat at fine restaurants all around the country and Fearrington is still our favorite. Max is a genius with wine and Colin is a genius in the kitchen. Our server Melanie was attentive and made us feel very special. Love it every time and every time we say "this time was the best ever" I don't think a restaurant could hope for anything better!Special Features:
- Wow. Fearrington House RestaurantLAFoodieDcSfRtpChicago2Dined on 8/28/2014Saw a few other parties there. Most were celebrating 20 year or more reunions. Others were here for a wedding. We were celebrating a birthday. Incredible service. Great other personalized service and items that I won't mention, so you can be surprised. Overall, incredible.Special Features:
- orpinotfanVIPDined on 8/24/2014Overall, we were very pleased with our meal at the Fearrington House Restaurant. We had the 4-course dinner with each course paired with a wine from the impressive wine list. Each course was expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Fab find for Foodieskat1Dined on 8/21/2014This place has been around 40 years, and we've only just visited! The service was impeccable: attentive, knowledgeable but also warm and inviting. Our server, Derrick, attended to us for both afternoon tea and dinner. He was delightful. The food was exquisite. Each portion was meticulously prepared to entice the senses of sight and smell, and then the palate! Afternoon tea was a wonderful repast. Dinner was exceptional, from the amuse bouche to the handmade chocolates offered at the end. Everything here at Fearrington House is directed to the diner. Finely cooked and prepared dishes were heavenly.Special Features:
- What a treatncnwiDined on 8/21/2014My birthday friend declared it "The Best Birthday EVER!" It was such a delightful treat to revisit this longtime gem. The service is professional. The combinations and layers of flavor were awesome. A walk in the garden after dinner is perfect.Special Features:
- Not your everyday experienceAnhonestreviewDined on 8/20/2014I booked Fearrington for our anniversary dinner, and was not disappointed. The service and atmosphere were amazing, and the food did not disappoint. We chose the three course dinner for $95 per person, and a very nice South African red wine for $50. The portions are small, but each dish should be consumed slowly anyhow to enjoy the variety of complex flavors and textures within. If I had one negative comment, it would be that we couldn't help overhearing some of the very pretentious conversations of some of the other diners. This, however, does not reflect poorly on my view of the establishment, it's just a fact you may want to be aware of when booking your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!chrisncDined on 8/16/2014What an amazing dining experience! The service was superb and the food was exquisite. The whole experience was nothing like I had before. The prices are high but it is a 5 star restaurant.Special Features:
- PicapauDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have been to your restaurant many times. Each time it seems to be getting better in all aspects. We are happy we live at a driving distance from you facility so that we can enjoy it from time to time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestEricDined on 8/2/2014I have been dining at The Fearrington House for 20 years. This is one of the best restaurants you will ever visit no matter where you may travel. The wait staff and sommelier are attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. The food is without peer. With each dish comes several different sauces and complements to the main selection, all meant to offset each other in a delightful way. This type of inventiveness is why this restaurant and chef have received numerous awards. The maitre d' is delightful and stopped by our table to ensure that we enjoyed our experience. The Fearrington is expensive but, in my opinion, well worth it; it is a gem and receives my highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Pricey but worth it!Hard2pleaseDined on 8/1/2014The perfect place for a special event! A true five star restaurant, food and service were spectacular. Started our evening with a drink at the bar and walk through the beautiful gardens. Bartender, Rob, was professional and congenial. Our server, Derek, was as smooth as you would expect in a venue of this distinction, his recommendations were all perfect. Though tempted by the tasting menu, our party of four all went with the four course meal, and nobody was less than completely sated. Chef Colin Bedford's reputation for excellence is well deserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal I've Ever HadadamandevesmithDined on 7/26/2014Fresh. Subtle. Pops of flavor. Beautiful presentation. Excellent wine pairings. Magnificent staff. We have had meals in some fine restaurants, but agree that this was the best. There was a farm to table feel with the freshness of the ingredients. Flavor enhancers were expertly used, truly bringing out the best of what we ordered - not overpowering it. Every course was eye-catching. Our sommelier was knowledgeable and friendly. His pairings with our food choices were perfect. All of this occurred in a lovely country setting with extraordinary ambience. Service began with staff in the parking lot professionally directing us according to our needs, and didn't stop until we left with our gift bag. It is worth traveling a distance to reach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014I dine out dozens of times a year. This was among the best meals I've had in a long time. All three of us had a fantastic time. My compliments to the entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacegeneDined on 7/18/2014Wonderful original dishes and great service. It is expensive but worth it for special dining occasions.Special Features:
- outstanding&RaredostadogDined on 7/17/2014A very warm & fun reception at the bar looking out on a perfect setting followed by an outstanding four course dinner with service to match.We will be looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally overratedcocciVIPDined on 7/13/2014I am a native Fremch and gourmet palate . I found this restaurant Pretentious, stuffy, trying too hard with too Many things Decor is depressing. I had tp try it, checked if off the list but way overpriced and unlikely I will returnSpecial Features:
- Fine dinningbrg22brgDined on 7/5/2014Frearrington House is farirly expensive but is well worth the price. The food is excellent and the service was exceptional. It is truly fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FearringtonSPfoodieDined on 7/5/2014Superb and complex menu with complexity of tastes. Excellent wine list. This was a special occasion, and the staff went above and beyond yo make it memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after 30 yearsPSS57Dined on 6/27/2014I first visited the restaurant 30 years ago. I went back for my honeymoon after an 18 year absence. I was as pleased with the restaurant as in any of my previous visits. If you have a special occation to celebrate, do not hesitate. you will not be dissapointed!Special Features:
- Excellent fine dining experienceGreekFoodCriticDined on 6/26/2014My out of town friend wanted to try this place. I think it was featured in a magazine of some sort. We went on a weeknight. The food is amazing. I don't know how chefs come up with such creative dishes and ingredient combinations. I have never tried foie gras before; it was delicious. The salmon and chocolate soufflé equally so. Definitely try it if you want a unique experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014My friend and I get together once a year for a weekend and choose an upscale restaurant for dinner. This was a excellent choice. The grounds are beautiful and the setting is in an old home. It is a very expensive restaurant but worth the experience. The menu is inspiring with multiple choices for diffent palates. Our waiter was helpful and extremely good at his job. I would highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Outstanding as Always!AndiePDined on 6/21/2014We took our parents there to celebrate my Mom's 80th Birthday. We are regulars and it never ceases to amaze us how fabulous that restaurant is ALWAYS! Each time we leave, we are just glowing from the entire experience! Thank you Fearrington! We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, some rough edgesInanitymanDined on 6/20/2014The food here is really good - imaginative, good flavor combinations and a good selection of wines. Up there with the better big city restaurants and certainly exceptional for North Carolina. At this price point, though, they shouldn't be making basic mistakes like forgetting to provide us with silverware until they are serving up the appetizers or leaving me to give up on waiting for our glasses to be refilled up after 10-15 minutes and having to get up and do it myself.Special Features:
- Outstanding!escapingworkDined on 6/18/2014We enjoyed a fantastic dinner - everything was well paced, and the food was combined with very interesting and complementary flavors on the plate, that both delighted the palate and provided occasional pleasant surprises. We had the 3 course meal, which was perfect for us. The duck with pecan roasted cauliflower provided a nice starter - the cauliflowers were small, but very tasty, and the duck was perfect. The salmon and halibut plates were both great! The rhubarb and vanilla mouse desert was refreshing, and again provided a contrast of different flavors. One of the best meals we have had in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperiencePDS77Dined on 6/18/2014Amazing food, impeccable wine list, excellent staff all in a beautiful setting. I’m still thinking about the asparagus with 62 degree egg and the chocolate souffle which more than worth the wait with a great glass of tawny port!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Overall a wonderful dining experience. Food was incredible and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- outstandingunnamedDined on 6/14/2014we have eaten here many times. the food continues to be the best we have had anywhere.Special Features:
- VERY Expensive but worth itJaniMcDined on 6/12/2014Our party of 4 ate here for a birthday dinner. We each had the 3-course option and shared 3 bottles of wine - the cost was $700 before the tip. I expected the evening out to be pricey, but this was more than I expected. However, I believe the dinner was worth it - the service was great (attentive but not pushy) and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional in Every Way!BillDined on 6/11/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th anniversary this week at Fearington House and it certainly didn't disappoint. The service was impeccable and the food some of the best I've ever had. The wine sommelier was helpful but not pushy. He listened to our preferences and recommended wines that met our tastes and our budget. I've eaten in some of the finest restaraunts in the country including and Fearington House is right up there. We had the four course meal and ended up with eight courses when you include the surprises in between. While everything from the exceptional including the snow crab, fois gras, pork tenderloin and salmon, I'd be sure to save room for chocolate soufflé. Many thanks for a dining experience to be remembered.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ddjrDined on 6/1/2014A truly unique dining experience all around: lovely atmosphere, outstanding food (superb desserts!), friendly attentive service, absolutely wonderful from start to finish, and we couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.