2000 Fearrington Village
Pittsboro, NC 27312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fearringtongranary.com/
- Phone: (919) 542-2121
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colin Bedford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Fearrington Granary provides a wonderful, eclectic venue for dining, dancing and celebrating southern weddings and rehearsal dinners. The Old Granary offers your choice of any of our menus from a gourmet seated dinner, festive outdoor barbeque, or an elegant hors d'oeuvres reception. Breathtaking views of the gardens and belted cows add to the romance of this unique venue. Large groups are offered exclusive use of the Fearrington Granary allowing you to take advantage of the many options including the trellised patio, large dance-floor, and elegantly decorated dining rooms.
The restaurant's open plan offers several different dining rooms and also a great outdoor patio and dining area for events large and small. The Fearrington Granary accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Jansen van Rensburg 9195422121x333
- Special Events: The Fearrington Granary is the perfect venue for any type of special event. From Bridal Showers & Anniversary Parties to Rehearsal Dinners or casual BBQ get togethers, the Fearrington Granary is the ideal location for any celebration.
A word from Fearrington Granary
A full-service restaurant, the Fearrington Granary is the perfect spot to enjoy fresh creative cuisine in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Executive Chef Colin Bedford's Contemporary American menus feature a delightful selection of salads, entrees, items from the grill and desserts. This vibrant restaurant provides seating on various levels with views of the charming village shops, surrounding gardens, and the rolling pastures filled with Belted Galloway Cows.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Fearrington Granary - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Fearrington Granary reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (61)great for lunch (60)great for brunch (45)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (36)good for groups (35)scenic view (30)romantic (22)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- 30th AnniversaryEmptyNestDined on 5/26/2014We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary at the Granary. Since it was Memorial Day and we ate early, it was quiet, but it was just right for us. The food was excellent - although the menu is limited. I highly recommend the Shrimp and Grits and the Salmon. The service was great. Several people enjoyed the outdoor dining. The regular dining room is small, but there were other rooms for groups. The scenery from the windows was pastoral and calming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major DisappointmentRyan12Dined on 5/23/2014We were shocked at quality and presentation of our meal. Additionally, our waiter was a disaster. Having eaten at the Fearrington Inn, also on the property and quite the opposite experience, we could not have been more disappointed. A terrible waste of $80. They offered to comp our meal...the next time we come in.
- Fearrington Granaryluv2dineDined on 5/20/2014We met friends we hadn't seen in 18 years for lunch and what a lunch it was! We had attentive but not intrusive service and sat comfortably outside for 3 1/2 hours and caught up. We all had good experiences with the menu.Special Features:
- Room for Improvementluv2dineDined on 5/17/2014Restrooms were a mess. One of our guests fell on the brick walkway and all they offered her was a plastic bag with ice!
- Delish!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2014Beautiful upscale pub food in the beautiful fearrington complex. Outstanding service, good menu, and excellent execution Highly recommend for those looking for a little sophistication without the long draw out dinnerSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dinnerKittyVIPDined on 5/12/2014We really enjoyed out dinner at the Granary. We had had lunch there previously. Our entrees were exceptional. We will definitely be back. Half price bottles of wine on Mondays are also great.Special Features:
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014We took our family including two boys (3 year and 1 year old) for an early lunch (11:30am), on arriving the restaurant staff were still preparing to open so were a little unprepared for us, however once we were seated the service was prompt, professional and efficient, our server was attentive and responsive. Food was also excellent and enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to dine!JimCinDined on 5/11/2014The Fearrington Granary is that special place for any occasion! Whether it be brunch at the corner table by the window, lunch with friends while enjoying the many things Fearington Village has to offer, or a romantic dinner with that special someone, the Granary is one of the best in the area. We love the food! We love the atmosphere and above all, we love the great service we get from the staff. The Granary is at the top of our list when we choose to dine out. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Praise for the Granarymdg1Dined on 5/9/2014Wonderful meal for 5 to kick off graduation weekend at UNC-CH. The night was pleasant enough to dine outside and enjoy patio with family and friendsSpecial Features:
- May 9thMargaretMaryVIPDined on 5/9/2014I've dined at Fearrington Granary a few times, overall good experiences - food, service and ambience. My entree, linguini chicken carbonara, had a tiny bone in it. While the waiter was pouring water, I showed him the bone. He took away the plate, fork and knife with apologies. I had no water and no utensils and when the maitre d' came to apologize, I asked for a fork so I could share some of my dining companions' food. He never returned with a fork, the waiter did not return with water. They offered dessert for my inconvenience and took the linguini off the bill. It was handled fairly and my companions were satisfied with their entrees.Special Features:
- 201311ReviewDined on 5/7/2014Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2014We dined on: Salmon, Mahi Mahi, Cornish Hen, Meatloaf. All delicious with a beautiful presentation. Impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SATURDAY PANICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014UNEXPECTED GUESTS ARRIVE FROM COLORADO. WHAT TO DO? SATURDAY MORNING, MAKE INTERNET RESERVATIONS AT THE GRANARY. LUNCH AND ENJOYABLE AFTERNOON WANDERING THROUGH GARDENS, SHOPS AND THE FABULOUS BOOK STORE! PROBLEM SOLVED!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2014A great casual spot on the grounds of an oasis of relaxation and pampering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serious foodiGrandpabDined on 4/27/2014We loved it Going back for mothers day.They placed us in a perfect setting for the grand kids and service was the best I've seen a whileSpecial Features:
- Always a good choiceHungryHeartDined on 4/27/2014I know the Granary well. The food gets better and better. I brought out of. town visitors and they swerve delighted with everything. It made for a lovely day.Special Features:
- Good DaycationrodADined on 4/26/2014Wife and I came here from Raleigh for a daycation. We enjoyed the food and the environmentSpecial Features:
- Saturday LunchTriangleDiningDined on 4/25/2014Waiter was very knowledgeable and candid regarding the menu items. Fried oyster salad was excellent as was the roasted beet salad. Unfortunately, the Granary continues to serve bread that is not warm and butter that is cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and interesting foodBillnBethDined on 4/25/2014We stopped in for dinner last Friday on a whim, and loved the place. It is not too large and the ambiance is very nice; just loud enough to be festive. The wait staff were busy, but very attentive. Side salads with the meal were simple and fresh. I had the fried chicken and it was original and outstanding: freshly fried boneless breast pieces with greens on the side and probably the best mac and cheese (which I do not usually like) that I have ever had. My wife had home-made pasta with meat sauce made from short ribs: very interesting and delicious. The portions were good size for a reasonable, but not inexpensive, price. The draft beer and wine list were both excellent. We will definitely plan to meet friends there in the future!Special Features:
- Nice outdoor terraceLuvgoodeatsDined on 4/24/2014We ate outdoors and that was nice. My companions had the shrimp & grits which they like. I had the hanger steak which was tough, though the vegetables were well prepared.Special Features:
- golfs2sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Several unusual items on the menu that make it an interesting place for my wife and I to dine. Good variety of beer and wine. Prices are reasonable. The waiter was professional in his delivery, but last night had perhaps more tables to cover than he should...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed a wonderful Easter Brunch at the Granary! Food and service were excellent! We ate on the main floor and it was perfect!Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!GriffithCashVIPDined on 4/18/2014We are regulars, but it is so nice to bring out of town guests here. They love seeing the Belties and exploring the Village. And then the menu offers a great variety so everyone is happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday brunchenjoyDined on 4/13/2014We celebrated an adult's birthday with brunch in this quiet, scenic setting. The food was excellent (oyster salad, goat cheese souffle, shrimp and grits, and yummy homemade biscuits) and then walked around the Fearrington gardens, which are really something special. It's worth the drive. We've taken out of town guests here often and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet food in casual settingCLZZDined on 4/5/2014First time at the Granary. Great way to enjoy gourmet food without getting dressed up. Comfortable, relaxed setting with wonderful food, great service. Our table even overlooked the cows! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Dining experience was lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Dining experience was lovely and the food outstanding as always! Food choices were so memorable that we are trying to duplicate at home!!!!!!Special Features:
- One of our favoritesThePricesDined on 4/5/2014Not many eating establishments like this around, where you feel like it's more than a restaurant...but an experience. Hit the beautiful quaint bookstore first, another thing that is a dying breed and takes you back to a time before smart phones and iPads. Food was fantastic as well and fitted the atmosphere. Some of the best lamb and Mahi Mahi you will find with sides that are simple and delicious. If you are looking for simply good food made with fresh ingredients with great service, visit this place. I can't say enough how it's a dining experience that takes you back to a time before big chains that usher you in and out focused more on quantity rather than quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014The surrounding area was well landscaped and cozy; interior was clean, quaint and nicely decorated. The bathroom was clean and pretty. The waiter was pleasant and responsive, but lacked charisma. My entree (goat cheese soufflé) was delicious but overpriced considering the tiny portion size. The table was cramped and the chair was hard, but both were very attractive. Overall, I will return, mainly for the atmosphere and location, but not the best restaurant ever. Good, but not "wow".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB fish and chips withButterdishDined on 3/31/2014SUPERB fish and chips with peas! Excellent service in a relaxed venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular brunch, as alwayswineandineVIPDined on 3/30/2014Fearrington Granary hits the spot every time in taste, service, and hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014I did not enjoy myself at all i felt judged and poorly taken care of. I should recommend this restaurant for someone like my high-class grandparents.Special Features:
- Outstanding!wineandineVIPDined on 3/23/2014Great food with locally sourced ingredients - couldn't be better. Couple that with friendly hospitality and beautiful rural surroundings and Fearrington Granary is a real winner. Love eating there!Special Features:
- okneveDined on 3/22/2014Food was ok, but I expected excellence based on other reviews. Expected it to be expensive and it was. Kids got bad fruit and when I told the server he just said sorry for that. Very quiet. Great view.Special Features:
- Good foodlisa10VIPDined on 3/21/2014We had a very good meal at The Granary. It was very casual and had great service. The view of the cows in the field was also nice. We ate upstairs which was definitely quieter than the downstairs bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued successCHillMomDined on 3/19/2014We frequent The Granary and are always happy with the level of service, and quality of food. The staff is always accommodating/patient with our three girls and we love eating out here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious beet and watercress saladwineandineVIPDined on 3/18/2014Unusual and delicious dishes throughout the menu - all winners! Particularly enjoyed the twice baked goat cheese souffle and the Cornish hen.Special Features:
- Favorite SpotwineandineVIPDined on 3/16/2014Brunch is always delicious. Service and hospitality is exceptional.Special Features:
- GranaryDrGwilVIPDined on 3/12/2014An outstanding choice for lunch or dinner. Friendly staff, first rate food, reasonable prices, and good wine list. On occasion there may be a delay for drink orders if they run out, and they have to get new supply from the adjacent Fearrington House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighbor hood eatery..HappyDined on 3/12/2014Good neighbor hood eatery.. Food good . Service slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful GardenmadjacDined on 3/11/2014Always enjoyable! And there is always something interesting on the menu, but the menu changed for this visit, fewer choices and our favorite chicken salad was gone. We liked the option of ordering several sides. But menus should change and the food is always good and the service is excellent. An enjoyable, elegant option for brunch, lunch and dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.