2000 Fearrington Village
Pittsboro, NC 27312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fearringtongranary.com/
- Phone: (919) 542-2121
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colin Bedford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Fearrington Granary provides a wonderful, eclectic venue for dining, dancing and celebrating southern weddings and rehearsal dinners. The Old Granary offers your choice of any of our menus from a gourmet seated dinner, festive outdoor barbeque, or an elegant hors d'oeuvres reception. Breathtaking views of the gardens and belted cows add to the romance of this unique venue. Large groups are offered exclusive use of the Fearrington Granary allowing you to take advantage of the many options including the trellised patio, large dance-floor, and elegantly decorated dining rooms.
The restaurant's open plan offers several different dining rooms and also a great outdoor patio and dining area for events large and small. The Fearrington Granary accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Jansen van Rensburg 9195422121x333
- Special Events: The Fearrington Granary is the perfect venue for any type of special event. From Bridal Showers & Anniversary Parties to Rehearsal Dinners or casual BBQ get togethers, the Fearrington Granary is the ideal location for any celebration.
A word from Fearrington Granary
A full-service restaurant, the Fearrington Granary is the perfect spot to enjoy fresh creative cuisine in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Executive Chef Colin Bedford's Contemporary American menus feature a delightful selection of salads, entrees, items from the grill and desserts. This vibrant restaurant provides seating on various levels with views of the charming village shops, surrounding gardens, and the rolling pastures filled with Belted Galloway Cows.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Fearrington Granary - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Fearrington Granary reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (61)great for lunch (60)great for brunch (45)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (36)good for groups (35)scenic view (30)romantic (22)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Glad it is nearbyTheSpiffDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food. Superb service. Affordable. Glad it is nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteellenDined on 8/18/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. Food is excellent and the service, superb..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoritefishloverDined on 8/16/2014We make a reservation for brunch or lunch at the Granery every time we go to Fearrington Village. It is a very comfortable restaurant. The staff is friendly, the waiters and waitresses are very helpful, and every time we go there, we feel like we are "old friends". The food is very good and the menu is out of the ordinary -- full of delicious surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner - any nightFV2013Dined on 8/13/2014Four of us had delicious meals with perfectly paired wines. And we love the new chairs!Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in This AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Hands down, this was the best dining experience we have had since moving to the Triangle Area 9 years ago. Lovely setting outdoors, attentive server, and vintage style music was a great touch. The food was outstanding. Our favorite was the Oyster Salad, with its crispy, juicy little fried oysters over greens that were tossed in a light, lemony dressing. We are recommending The Granary to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and comfortableslscncDined on 8/9/2014The Granary provides a very reliable dining experience. The variety of food offerings is great -- something for everyone from appetizers an small plates to larger entrees. Good and friendly service. A really comfortable environment in the always pleasant Fearrington Village.Special Features:
- good for lunch - slow servicedaisymaeDined on 8/8/2014I recommend the beet salad, but rest assured, you'll be hungry in a few hours. It's a light salad, good for dieters. The hamburger looked divine and was quite large. The desserts sounded great, but we all resisted. Maybe next time! Good bread, but the waiters shouldn't ask if you want one or two pieces. I don't like saying I'll have too pieces since it makes me feel like a glutton!Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesfood4thoughtDined on 8/6/2014This is a beautiful setting in Fearington Village. I go to this restaurant often and this was actually my choice for my birthday dinner. There is a nice variety of food choices and the atmosphere is friendly and upbeat. Impecibleservice, great wine and food. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014My wife and I often go out for Sunday brunch. We arrived at our reservation (recommended) time of 12:15 pm and we were seated promptly. Our waitress brought water, coffee and menus immediately but didn't return to take our order for about 15 minutes. She was extremely busy working 5 or 6 tables in addition to ours. We ordered and there was no problem customizing our order substituting grits for potatoes. Then we waited about 20 minutes for our food to be prepared; the kitchen was very busy. The food was hot and excellent and we had several coffee refills and a great view of the cows and pasture from our table while we waited for our food. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Fearrington Granary for a leisurely Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Weekend at FearringtonRobGiniluvtotravelDined on 8/2/2014We loved eating at the Granary for lunch on Saturday before heading to Raleigh for the James Taylor concert and then returned on Sunday for Brunch. The food was excellent and the service superb. We loved the ambiance of the downstairs dining room. Casual yet elegant! We also loved stopping in at the bookstore and learning that there is a real gem right next to the Granary. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 862 reviews are from the Fearrington Granary reviews archive.
- Can't wait to go back for more!cheesemeDined on 7/31/2014Had a hard time deciding what to order because so many of the dishes sounded great so we decided to order a few and share! The shrimp and girts was awesome ~ creamy and perfectly flavored with bacon and sausage. We also had the fried chicken breast ~ delicious breading with ranch to drizzle over it. Wow. The side of macaroni and buttery broccolini we the perfect compliment. Our youngest member ordered the sliders with some truffle fries ~ yum. yum. yum. They also have some great wine and beer choices. We loved everything and had a really nice evening overall.Special Features:
- Amazing mealNCdinersDined on 7/31/2014Have dined at Fearrington Granary many times for brunch but less frequently for lunch on a weekday. A friend treated me to a birthday lunch at the Granary on Thursday. What a great surprise to find they have a special summer menu whereby for a set price for either 2 or 3 courses you choose from 2 options for each course. We both opted for the 3 course and we both had the same entrée, which was Fried Calamari on a bed or Basil Risotto with olives, pesto and a hint of lemon. This entrée was simply amazing! Our starters and dessert choices were also stellar. We left vowing to return soon for weekday lunch. I highly recommend the Granary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonaDined on 7/22/2014Great food, location and atmosphere. Service and food selections are great and service is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticellenDined on 7/19/2014Food was excellent and service terrific. I would recommend anyone to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice overall, food is inconsistentFrankDined on 7/18/2014We eat here quite a bit and do like the Granary. But the food has been hit or miss. We've had a lot of really good dishes and some not so good. Last time my wife ordered the Chicken Carbonara and they forgot the chicken. They rectified it and it was very good then. The Bedford Burger is excellent. The atmosphere is nice and the service has always been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VowdoctorDined on 7/16/2014Great waiter. Great food. Great experience. We felt like ewe were away from the world. It was like we were in space and no one else was around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rvadinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014Our server wasn't very attentive, which detracted from our otherwise delicious and pleasant brunch at The Granary. We had to ask other restaurant staff to summon our server to take our orders after waiting for him to appear. He never told us about the specials, so we assumed there weren't any. This is the first time we've experienced poor service at The Granary, so perhaps the guy was just having a really bad day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice setting for a family dinnerMadwomanDined on 7/12/2014We had a nice evening at the Granary. The fried chicken, lobster and risotto, and shrimp & grits were delicious, but the meatloaf was disappointing. The waiter, Cody, was attentive and helpful. We are considering retiring in Fearrington Village in a few years and the Granary would be a nice neighborhood bistro for weekly family dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tale of Two GranariesHinsonDined on 7/11/2014The service and food were great. However, when you walk upstairs you fee like you enter a time warp. We were there for a special occasion. We entered into a festive atmosphere which was what we were looking for during our first nights stay at the Inn. Our host then led us up to an upstairs area which was very quiet and tucked away. To be fair, I told them we were celebrating our anniversary, so maybe they were trying to provide a more intimate setting. The decor in the upstairs area was also very dated, no music for ambience, etc., it just felt very stale and boring. We really enjoyed the food and everyone was super friendly, but the whole time we felt like going back downstairs to join the party we could hear we were missing. :-)
- I wish it was betterTomaDined on 7/9/2014I live in Fearrington and came here often when we first moved here and tried most of the dishes. Unfortunately the food is boring like hospital food. I check back every once in a while in the hope that the food has improved a bit. Not yet.Special Features:
- Excellent, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014Our meal, service, and overall experience were excellent, as usual! Congratulations to Phillip and the entire staff at The Granary for creating and maintaining such a wonderfully consistent, friendly, and delicious dining experience - whether brunch, lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- Service?DukeprofDined on 7/4/2014Do wait staff no longer check by their tables to be of service: for instance to provide water and beverage re-fills; inquire about dessert , and finally provide our check. We were basically ignored once our order was taken--thank goodness there was a kind hostess or we would never have gotten the little service we received--a $100+ check for 4 deserves better.
- Always satisfiesElanaDined on 7/4/2014Living in Fearrington Village, I often dine at the Granary and am always happy with the experience. This 4th of July I saw that several intriguing dishes have been added to the slowly changing menu, which benefits from the influence of the 5-star Fearrington Inn. The service is not the most professional, but always helpful and friendly. The ambience is fresh and cheerful. Worth coming back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionluvdine3941Dined on 6/28/2014We went to celebrate an Anniversary and were not disappointed. Everything was very good. We enjoyed the meal, the server was very attentive. The noise level was the only thing that could have been better. We recently moved here from NJ and this will be a Restaurant that we will definitely be returning to for dining.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2014Just moved to Fearrington Village and have eaten at The Granary three times. All meals have been consistently very good. This last time we took friends from Raleigh and all had a very good dining experience. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY SLOW BRUNCH SERVICERalphDined on 6/22/2014VERY SLOW BRUNCH SERVICE (NOT FOR THE ORDER BUT FOR THE FOOD) - AT 12:30 P.M.
- Excellent at moderate costOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Service and food were excellent. Wondered about bringing a 3 year old; there were other young children there (5:30 PM) and restaurant was excellent providing a child's menu and accommodations for children. Good wine list and full bar for adults. Woild highly recommend for excellent casual dining.Special Features:
- Fearrington GranaryOreosDined on 6/21/2014Fearrington Granary is a great place to share a meal with good friends. The menu is surprisingly unique, and one can enjoy a nice conversation without having to compete with restaurant noise. Presentation is part of the charm of The Granary, as well as excellent service. I recommend it to all who are looking for a special place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great butternut squash soupWoodsyDined on 6/18/2014The Granary has a great squash soup, wonderful salads, and a tasty goat cheese soufflé. Plus, it's large enough and quiet enough where one can have a conversation without having to shout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchNomnomnom123Dined on 6/15/2014Only place we could find in the area that could accommodate 9 for a Father's Day brunch. The food was awesome and made the drive out there from Cary Raleigh and Durham worth it. No one was disappointed by there food at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GranaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent reservation system. Food was a bit too salty. Service was slow. Soups and salads were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to TableVikingDined on 6/12/2014The restaurant is located within a village of small shops, including a wonderful bookstore. The landscaping is beautiful. The tomatoes in the BLT tasted like summer.Special Features:
- lovesfoodVIPDined on 6/9/2014food does not compare to other property restaurant - Fearrington House Restaurant. too salty!
- josieDined on 6/5/2014I was there with 3 adults and 3 children, ages 4 to 10. The restaurant was great with the kids, although the sandwiches on the children's menu were made with the same bread as sandwiches on the regular menu. The slices were really too large and thick for kids, but they seemed to like to food. I certainly liked mine. The menu is varied, with unusual items along with those frequently encountered. Ambiance is very pleasant and the staff was great.Special Features:
- A Fan, ButFVDINERDined on 6/1/2014I have been visiting this restaurant for more than 15 years so I have seen many iterations and this is probably the best in terms of menu and ambience. However, in all those years, I have always had the feeling that it was somewhat understaffed. The services was sometimes slow not because the wait staff was inattentive but because it was rushed. The same is also true now for the bar, which is a great addition and I have enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GranneryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014Service and server on recent visit to Grannery was absolutely not up to Fearrington standards that we have been accustomed to over the years. Very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargaretDined on 6/1/2014Love overall ambiance of Fearrington Village and this restaurant fits right in. The food was good but not great. Our server was not up to expectations. Had to ask multiple times for anything we needed. I will come back to try again. This may have just been an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2014over priced--way out of line over priced--way out of line over priced--way out of line
- Delicious FoodSunnyElfDined on 6/1/2014We ate brunch at Fearrington Granary and loved it as we always do. The downstairs dining area is open and airy with views of the gardens; the food is beautifully prepared and delicious and healthy, with very fresh ingredients. The coffee is great. The person who served us was genuine, smart and efficient. We enjoyed wandering through Fearrington Village and the gardens after brunch (as always).Special Features:
- Great place for quiet diningSealeafDined on 5/31/2014Fearrington Granary is a great place on the second floor for a great dining experience. The portions were excellent; the service as well. Menu changes could happen more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.