2000 Fearrington Village
Pittsboro, NC 27312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fearringtongranary.com/
- Phone: (919) 542-2121
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colin Bedford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Fearrington Granary provides a wonderful, eclectic venue for dining, dancing and celebrating southern weddings and rehearsal dinners. The Old Granary offers your choice of any of our menus from a gourmet seated dinner, festive outdoor barbeque, or an elegant hors d'oeuvres reception. Breathtaking views of the gardens and belted cows add to the romance of this unique venue. Large groups are offered exclusive use of the Fearrington Granary allowing you to take advantage of the many options including the trellised patio, large dance-floor, and elegantly decorated dining rooms.
The restaurant's open plan offers several different dining rooms and also a great outdoor patio and dining area for events large and small. The Fearrington Granary accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Jansen van Rensburg 9195422121x333
- Special Events: The Fearrington Granary is the perfect venue for any type of special event. From Bridal Showers & Anniversary Parties to Rehearsal Dinners or casual BBQ get togethers, the Fearrington Granary is the ideal location for any celebration.
A word from Fearrington Granary
A full-service restaurant, the Fearrington Granary is the perfect spot to enjoy fresh creative cuisine in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Executive Chef Colin Bedford's Contemporary American menus feature a delightful selection of salads, entrees, items from the grill and desserts. This vibrant restaurant provides seating on various levels with views of the charming village shops, surrounding gardens, and the rolling pastures filled with Belted Galloway Cows.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Fearrington Granary - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Fearrington Granary reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (61)great for lunch (60)great for brunch (45)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (36)good for groups (35)scenic view (30)romantic (22)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- A Disappearing Breedskeptical1Dined on 11/20/2014The Granary is a rare example of a disappearing breed of restaurants for lunch, a place where one can enjoy a delicious meal in a beautiful spot that is quiet enough for civilized conversation and the staff is polite and friendly, but never intrusive. Well worth the drive from Durham!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant!chathamlocavoreDined on 11/15/2014Five girl friends were in town for the weekend so I took them to the Granary for Saturday night special. We were seated upstairs at a round table that allowed us to have a great conversation. The food was excellent as well as the service. If you go with a large group, ask to be seated upstairs - it is away from the very noisy downstairs dining room. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014We had a great experience here. In a time rush, the staff was prepared for us, attentive, and took care to make sure everything went smoothly. The food was outstanding and plentiful. There were many choices and everyone in our group was pleased with our choice and wants to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Custom Made for Excellenceemilyrose82Dined on 11/3/2014The menu had options that appealed to both me, a gluten-free omnivore, and my vegetarian partner. Our server, Jeriann, was more than helpful with advising our food decisions, sent Xavier, the sommelier, to our table to help us choose a lovely bottle of white that I would have otherwise missed. Also, we were treated us to a glass of sparkling white wine as a "toast to our special day". Dinner was fabulous, but the highlight was a tasting plate made especially for us by the chef: a lemon dill cornbread, roasted squash dressed with lovely savory sauce! I will be recommending it highly to all of my friendsSpecial Features:
- Delightful LunchSilkHopeFoodiesDined on 11/1/2014All four of us enjoyed a great lunch in a lovely setting. The food was beautifully presented and creatively crafted. Our friends had not been to the Granary before and were delighted with the quality. We will definitely return again soon! The bookshop next door, the fall decorations outside, and the opportunity to chat with friends over memorable food--it doesn't get much better!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Delicious food! The fixed price lunch menu was great, we especially enjoyed the butternut squash ravioli.Special Features:
- Big Let DownOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/30/2014My wife and I have eaten here before and loved it but something must have changed because our last experience was awful! They had a "special" autumn menu offering 2 apps, 2 entrees, 2 desserts (pick 2 of any selection) , I choose 2 items and was told "we don't have any more of that", I selected another option and was told "I'll check and see if we have any left". They had only opened and hour before? My wife's soup arrived cold, I asked for mustard the waiter never returned until the check was due. Definitely not worth $56 for lunch!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceGreatSpotDined on 10/26/2014A group of four of us went for Sunday brunch. We sat outside which was beautiful and the food was outstanding. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable about all of the menu items. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- ellenDined on 10/24/2014I eat at the Granary very often. I love this plac.Special Features:
- Nice date night placeNcfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Went here n a date night with hubby. Delicious and reasonable food and a beautiful place to stroll afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 10/22/2014My lunch plate was to die for. Asparagus and mushrooms (in a light "stew" or sauce, with a few trails of spaghettini) and spirals of bite tender squash -- all circled around a perfectly cooked poached egg, and surrounded by quinoa. Dessert was a perfectly poached pear, with a graze of a lovely sauce, and a perfectly small scoop of divine cranberry sorbet, encircled by streams of caramel. I chose a prosecco to accompany it all.Special Features:
- Village is an interesting place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The restaurant was very busy and noisey. It was hard to carry on a conversation. A glass of wine was quite expensive & not really worth it. Even for lunch the souffle was very small. Would be helpful to divide the large room into a few smaller rooms for ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive and disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014we were two couples who eat out a lot, and all agree that it was a disappointing even aggravating experience. The menu was adequate to good with a variety of selections of appetizers and entrees. Our wait was cordial and helpful with selections, but did seem to push choices as if to run up the bill. The wait for selections was long and we seemed to be forgotten after we ordered. Overall our experience was heavily influenced by the poor and slow service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2014One of our local favorites. Interesting menu and good, affordable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love The Granery!!SharonDined on 10/3/2014We absolutely love The Granery. Great food and great service. We would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Oasis in the Desert1opinionDined on 10/2/2014The Granary is located in a cozy village and full of friendly people. In the 'fast food desert' in which it is located, it is an oasis indeed. There are few small, cozy, interesting restaurants with healthy food on this stretch of highway 15/501.Special Features:
- Seasonal and PerfectendorphinjunkieDined on 9/29/2014The food we ordered was seasonal and prepared beautifully. We ordered the beet salad with mushroom soup and meatloaf. Everyone was satisfied with both the quality and quantity of the food ordered.Special Features:
- Always exceptional in every wayFL32963Dined on 9/27/2014Another delicious dinner at the Granary Restaurant. We dine here regularly and always find the food, service and ambiance exceptional. This time we had a family dinner and everyone had a great time and enjoyed their dinners. Thanks to everyone at the Granary!Special Features:
- Awesome!hungryVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great lunch at Fearrington, food was spot on, fresh greens, butternut squash soup was incredible! Open face steak sandwich cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Martha Gradisher-KrancegranarygobblerDined on 9/19/2014We had a GREAT time celebrating our anniversary there. The food was just terrrific, perfectly prepared, and handsomely presented by the chef. Our waiter was knowledgeable and witty. For once I ate everything on my plate, AND ordered dessert which was equally as sumptious.Special Features:
- grevinVIPDined on 9/18/2014really great food and a nice price. The manager Phillip is very attentive as well... he know how to make you feel comfortable and welcome.Special Features:
- Salmon - yumFoodieDined on 9/17/2014Our salmon was cooked perfectly. The accompaniment of the small beats, potatoes and onions with a delightful light sauce was just a perfect light meal.Special Features:
- A fabulous dinnerAnightoutDined on 9/13/2014Able to get a reservation the day before when the Restaurant at the Fearrington Inn was booked. Food was great. Sommelier was helpful, wine paired perfectly. Delighted to find out about this gem. Will be back.Special Features:
- GranaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014I love the Granary for lunch or brunch. This was the first time we went for dinner. The menu is very limited for vegetarians. Only one entree- salmon. Other things that might have been vegetarian were made with chicken broth or had meat in them. The atmosphere is good and it is a great place in terms of service, setting, and low level of noise. The meat eaters were pleased with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great loc and service,good foodRayCVIPDined on 9/10/2014First time to Fearrington Village and ate at The Granary.Driving there via backroads was beautiful.Walked around the village,it was relaxing and enjoyable.The dinner service was exceptional.The atmosphere was relaxing and fun. We were excited with our order Roasted Chicken w/Chicken Confit and Roasted Salmon with Potato Salad w/Sugar Snap,Beet,Carrot Salad,Zucchini.Were somewhat disappointed with both as they were EXTREMELY rich,tasted as if LOADED with butter.The heavy taste of butter was over the top.The preparation and taste would have been wonderful.We also had Roasted pepper soup that was amazing and a Vichyssoise soup that was just good.Overall,enjoyable.Next time we'll be extremely careful on ordering for not so heavy dishes.Special Features:
- Hanger steak was greatLindaDined on 9/9/2014I almost always enjoy the Granary with its low key atmosphere and friendly service. Tried the hanger steak and found it delicious.Special Features:
- Fitting for VillageNanaDined on 9/7/2014Love eating here. Village is fun, and Granary gives nice place to meet and eat. Food presentation is always nice, and choices varied. A very nice addition to Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFriendDined on 9/7/2014As always, the meal was divine. We stayed for a nice long chat and our server was attentive and friendly throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious burgers and fun spotRMMLDined on 9/6/2014We went for dinner and loved our burgers. They were phenomenal and perfectly done - one of the best we've had! Great ambiance, beautiful setting, and a great place to walk around afterwards. Service was a little slow, but thankfully the character of the place made up for it.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food in Beautiful SettingChathamRootsDined on 9/5/2014While everything we've had has been wonderful, standouts include the Mussels, Slider Trio, Goat Cheese Souffle, and, of course, the Truffle Fries! Service is welcoming and thoughtful. The interior is beautiful, and on nice days, sitting outside surrounded by gardens can't be beat! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and huge pricesErshar11Dined on 9/5/2014Our waitress was very nice but she clearly exaggerated the size of the portions. My "huge" fried chicken plate had 2 very small pieces, about 4 oz each, a tiny amount of broccoli ni and a little mac and cheese. The food is excellent but $22 for that meal was a bit exorbitant.Special Features:
- great findwendleDined on 9/2/2014the chef accommodated special dietary concern. everyone was attentive (but not too much), and very friendly. food was excellent and nicely prepared. good selection of entrees. we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNaomilDined on 8/31/2014We have enjoyed eating at the Granary several times and decided to return this weekend as we had enjoyed it a great deal last year for our double birthday celebration. This year the food was mediocre, the service brusque and worst, we were told the lattes were undrinkable. Not exactly a recommendation. I had mentioned on my reservation that this was a birthday celebration but we were offered no special dessert. In fact there were only two desserts available (Aside from the sorbet and ice cream.) We tried the sorbet and it had lumps of ice in it....not what I expect. I don't know what was going on last Sunday but I think they need to up their game.
- Granary ReviewSusieVIPDined on 8/27/2014I've eaten here several times and enjoyed it every time. There are a variety of choices on the menu whether you are celebrating an important event or want a quick snack. Everything I've eaten was terrific and of the highest quality. The Granary is a special benefit of living in Fearrington Village.Special Features:
- Outstanding food but much too noisyncgambistDined on 8/27/2014The food was delicious and beautifully presented, but the noise level made it difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Terrific BrunchNeuroMitchVIPDined on 8/24/2014The shrimp and grits at Crook's has always been the gold standard in this area, but Granary is in the running. A terrifically zingy version of this classic dish. Fried chicken and waffles...truly a great blending of breakfast and luncheon fare. Delicious food in a beautiful setting. A great Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Great occasional family dinning,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Ambience is wonderful. Menu provides variety of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food too richLindaDined on 8/23/2014I have always loved the Granary for its good food and ambiance, but recently I am finding the food too rich. I couldn't finish my meatloaf and red cabbage during my most recent visit because of the fat overload. My husband felt the same about his shrimp and grits. I think the quality is getting a little spotty. My friend's salad looked a little wilted from across the table and on this particular night I got some bread that didn't seem fresh. However, the service is friendly and helpful. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service matters hereVforvDined on 8/22/2014Our server Jennifer was excellent. The staff overall was very accommodating. We arrived after a storm but they honored our request to sit on the patio and set it up again just for us. Our server Jennifer was highly attentive and professional. Food is always good and sometimes extraordinary. Our favorite close to eat spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodislovefoodisloveDined on 8/22/2014We just moved to the area from southern CT and my husband is a serious foodie so exploring options is serious business! We wanted to stay local to Chapel Hill and took family from Raleigh here as a thank you for helping us relocate. A first visit here for them as well and we were all thrilled to find the Granary is not only a lovely spot but that the menu is interesting and the food is terrific. Crab sausage with risotto was unique and satisfying. One serious meat eater, a vegetarian and a sweet tooth all found something that they would return for. Service was accommodating but not over bearing. All that and very reasonable prices. Can see this will become a spot we return to often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.