9811 York Road
Cockeysville, MD 21030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fazzinis.com/
- Phone: 4106676104x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ari Brownstein
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Fazzini's offers our full menu of classic home made Italian dishes for drop off catering. Please visit us at www.fazzinis.com to view the menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Fazzini's is the perfect location for next your private gathering! Everything that we serve is carefully prepared and cared for until the moment it hits your table. Allow our skilled staff to manage the details as you and your guests enjoy delicious cuisine and an event to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8882251937
A word from Fazzini's Taverna
Fazzini's Taverna Specializes in Homemade Pastas, Breads, Sauces and meatballs. Everything that we serve is carefully prepared and cared for until the moment it hits your table. Fazzini's will truly wow you with our homemade food, modest prices and large portions. If you have not been to Fazzini's I urge you to give us an evening and make you a customer for life. We are owner-operated and always have the best interest of our guests and their families in mind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fazzini's Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (89)good for groups (63)fit for foodies (44)great for lunch (38)special occasion (38)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (36)kid-friendly (33)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (15)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)scenic view (1)Show More
- mixed resultmackDined on 9/20/2014My wife had the swordfish and liked it, the other couple was satisfied with their food, but I didn't like mine. I ordered the ravioli with sausage. The pasta did taste freshly made, but the marinara sauce, which I consider myself knowledgeable about, was very disappointing. It was goupy and heavy, like it contained far too much tomato paste, and had too much red pepper. No chance for any delicate fresh tomato or herb flavors to emerge through that over peppered sludge. I would have tried one of my favorites, Veal Marsala, but they were out of veal. The house salad look mixed and good, but the Caesar I ordered was just iceberg lettuce and standard Caesar dressing, hardly any croutons or tasty cheese shavings. Not worth eating.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It was our first time and it will not be our last. We all had something different and everything was very good. Kim, our waitress, was very attentive and talkative sharing what was good and general conversation. A very good Saturday dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointingBurkbobVIPDined on 9/10/2014Based on a review, my wife and I had high expectations. Unfortunately, the food (average and overpriced) and the less than satisfactory service disappointed us. The shrimp scampi my wife ordered lacked seasoning and her tiramisu was an unappealing mess that looked as though it had been thrown together as an afterthought. The worst part of it was that our dinner, such as it was, ended up costing me $100 (if you include the tip) - way too much for a mediocre meal. Just one final point: when was the last time you went out to eat and your server waited until you had finished your entree before asking you "How is everything?" 'Nuff said.
- Just perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014we've made this our Friday night end-of-the week spot and it hasn't disappointed the three times we've made!Special Features:
- Good meal, strange servicejohndpDined on 8/31/2014Our waiter greeted us literally seconds after being seated, and announced that he was going to give us a little more time with the menu. That made us laugh, since we had at that point no time at all. Then we ordered a carafe of red wine. When it arrived, he asked whether we wanted him to put it "on ice." Red wine? Really? Then he brought over an older woman and told us that she would be "leading," and he would just be "observing." It wasn't clear why; he wasn't new to the restaurant. It almost seemed like there had been a disagreement over whose table it was supposed to be. The new woman took our order -- but wrote down the wrong, more expensive salads -- and we ended up getting charged for them even though we pointed out the mistake.Special Features:
- Nice SurprisejtomneyDined on 8/29/2014We wanted to grab a bite to eat before heading to an Orioles game so we made 5:30 p.m. reservations. We were seated promptly and our server was attentive but not obtrusive. My wife's Veal Marsala was really good, and my Bologense was solid. We both had a glass of wine with the meal as well - came to under 60 dollars without tip. Will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:
- DisappointedallaboutDtailsDined on 8/28/2014Having previously visited Fazzini's for lunch, I expected better. The flavors were satisfying, BUT... the Margherita pizza crust was overcooked and tough, the toppings were sparse and dried out, the lettuce at the bottom of the salad Nicoise was soggy, and the server was too chummy. None of this left the best impression.
- excellent ItalianbaltimorefoodieDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed the classic Italian food, bread to start was hot with a good garlic and hot pepper oil dipping plate. Every plate was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not pleasedjustmythoughtsDined on 8/24/2014For an Italian restaurant that advertises fresh pasta, very dissatisfied. Went with elderly parents [it's a Sunday thing], I ordered shrimp scampi that came with 5 shrimp and angle hair pasta that was so drenched with glop that the pasta could not be separated. Mom ordered the scallops with spinach. tomato,basil. The dish was so smothered in tomato that was all she could taste, again the pasta was lost. Dad got the lasagna and thought it was very good. Was upset there was no garlic bread to be had. One and done.
- Great timeJesskDined on 8/23/2014I took my family out for a birthday dinner. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful with wine questions! The good was delicious and brought out at good times compared to when we were done out previous course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best servicesd53Dined on 8/23/2014Food was fresh and flavorful, loved the garlic. Second visit and every bite was delicious. Hats off to Kim, our server. Appreciated her friendlinessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....service not soMareDined on 8/21/2014Tried this place after being familiar with the old Fazzinis on Cranbrook. The food was amazing - prosciutto wrapped melon, albondigas, gnocchi, lasagna....but the service was lackluster. We ordered a bottle of Albariño and when I tasted it, it was warm! The two servers snagged an ice bucket on a frankly rickety stand, plunged the bottle in and said something like "this bottle will be chilled in no time!" Well, it's not "no time" - a warm bottle of wine will take upwards of 45 minutes to chill to 48-50 in ice water and this was no exception - and not once during this 45 minutes did anyone stop by to apologize, offer a cold glass from the bar while we waited, nothing.Special Features:
- Worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The menu sounded similar to other italian restaurants but the food is way above the average italian restaurants. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was not the "chain like" food. They have some creative cocktails and if you want it non-alcoholic they have a list of those as well. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:
- Good, but overpricedFoodiePatootieDined on 8/20/2014I have a hard time paying almost $20 for Chicken Alfredo, which was one of the cheapest dishes on the menu aside from pizza. It was good but nothing to be overly excited about. My Mom got the lasagna which was dry and again, not worth the $17 that it cost. The seating is also very cramped. We might as well have been sitting with the people at the table next to us because we could hear their entire conversation which made it very awkward. Overall I wasn't very pleased and I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon. They were also out of the wine we wanted. I didn't mind but I would think that with 100 bottles of wine on their "bottle only" list, they would at least keep the 8 types of wine they offer by the glass fully stocked.
- Proud to see them grow!WickedFan1Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I have been patronizing Fazzini's since it was a little hole in the wall in Cranbrook - now look at them! The new BIG free-standing restaurant is absolutely gorgeous and good to know quality of food and service did not suffer. This place rocks!!!Special Features:
- Could have been betterBrunchinBabeDined on 8/15/2014I've eaten here several times since the new Fazzini's has opened. Previously, service was extraordinary and I've rated the restaurant with 5 stars. This time, not such a great experience. I had taken a group to dine that had not eaten there yet. We were seated in a large room that had two other tables occupied (one large group and one couple.) It seemed that the server was overwhelmed - possibly with tables in another section of the restaurant - since we waited forever for appetizers; then, after the appetizers, there was another long wait for our entrees. The bottled water - usually cold - was actually warm. The main redeeming factor was the good food. Hoping my next time there will revert to the previously great experience.Special Features:
- JoycierOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Great food, fabulous service and the staff is anxious to please. We will definitely be back. We especially love the garlic dipping oil for the bread and for the fresh, crisp delicious salads.Special Features:
- First timeRselma1Dined on 8/9/2014This was my first time to Fazzinis since they moved locations and expanded. They still stick to the same principals. Scratch made pastas, pizza doughs, etc. Excellent menu. Diverse. A lot of the old and some new. They also carry gluten free pasta for those with Celiacs. Our server was absolutely perfect. Will definitely be returning there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, even for a NYerDuckieDined on 8/9/2014I'm an Italian transplant from NYC and I took some visiting family to Fazzini's for dinner. Our waiter, Erik, was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and was very attentive. We started with the baccala fritters. I never had better baccala in my life (don't tell my grandmother)! I had the risotto with roast pork, arugula & green apples and it was amazing. I tried my mother's house-made gnocchi and it melted in my mouth. Usually New Yorkers always have a place back home that is better than anywhere you take them, but everyone agreed that it was just as good, or better, than what they can get back home. Which is really saying something. Just a note- the children's menu items are a bit small, especially if you have a kid that likes to eat.Special Features:
- A changed venue!Foodie4everDined on 8/8/2014There was something "special" about Fazzini's on Cranbrook Road. Small, BYOB, but excellent food! Now it is like so many restaurants in Cockeysville. The food is fine and the service and ambience above average. however, it is not so "special" anymore!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic dining experience!PenitaVIPDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I took a friend to dinner, and we were impressed with the excellent food and service! Our waitress, Kim, was most efficient and personable as were Jeb, the owner, and Amanda, the hostess. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Burratta appetizer was great! Johnny, our server, was excellent. Gnocchi entree very tasty. The creme brulee is large enough for two to three people to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Italian Food!!!AnnRDined on 8/3/2014My family tried Fazzini's for the first time this past Sunday evening. It was awesome!!!!!!! We are picky Italian food eaters, so we are thrilled to have an amazing Italian restaurant up in our area that is both family friendly and not super fancy. Everything from the delicious garlic and olive oil dipping oil to the salad, the entrees and desserts, were just wonderful!! The eggplant parm and the lasagna were incredible (my husband said it's the best he ever had). The wait staff were wonderful too. I usually don't go on and on about a restaurant, but Fazinni's deserves the praise! Can't wait to go again and try something else! p.s. the food portions were great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food took forever!RobinDined on 8/3/2014My family and I went to Fazzini's for my birthday because we had heard good things about it. Unfortunately, our experience wasn't as good as others. The appetizers came pretty quick, but then we waited an hour after that before we received our dinner entrees. Our server was very nice, but didn't communicate to us at all about the delay. The food was just average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New local fave!jassbluDined on 8/3/2014We started going to Fazzini's earlier this summer. It quickly became a favorite. We feel like regulars now and love that the manager recognizes us and remembers notable things about our previous visits. Fazzini's has a nice homey atmosphere. The service is great and the food is amazing. We have tried many things on the menu and have never been disappointed. For our most recent visit, we celebrated two birthdays. Our family loved it and wants to make plans to go back. I would highly recommend Fazzini's for any special occasion!Special Features:
- Great Outdoor DiningjodyzDined on 8/2/2014I loved the outdoor seating. I felt as if I were away on vacation. Great food & ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014This was our time at Fazzini's and we couldn't have been more pleased. The staff were very accommodating as far as placing us at a perfect table for 5, including my mobility challenged mother. The server was very helpful and energetic. All of our meals were great - the standouts were the pizza appetizer with duck and the scallops! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- a winnergrumpyDined on 7/31/20145 friends who are critical and difficult to please all said that they enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. What more can I say?Special Features:
- Disappointedlifes2shortDined on 7/28/2014I was hoping that moving to a larger space would not affect the quality of the food, which was so good at the former Fazzini's. I was disappointed in the food (which turned out to cause gastro intestinal problems for both parties), the prices ($52.00 for two pastas dishes and 2 glass of wine), and service (our water was never refilled over several hours). I will not be recommending the "new but not as good" Fazzini's.Special Features:
- KarenDined on 7/25/2014Very impressed by Fazzini's - food was delicious, service & atmosphere delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be back.BaltimoredinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Was hoping to love this place based on early reviews and the menu, which looked great. First impression not great. Had a 6:45 reservation on a Thursday night and couldn't find a parking space because the (huge) lot was full. Waited and finally found one and went inside to a very, very loud atmosphere. It sort of has a sports bar (tv's on), suburban mall feeling to it. Filled with seniors and families with kids (which is fine) and feeling very casual, but with a menu of quite expensive food. The kids menu has $9 chicken nuggets that weren't that great and then milk is another $3. All this while we waited 30+ minutes for our food and had to shout to be heard. My pasta dish was good.My husband's was cold and had been reheated. Won't be back.
- Great Resturant !FoodloverDined on 7/23/2014Loved it! Our server was way to pushy about our buying an expensive bottle of wine. Quite a turn off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014food was about a C+ better and more crusty bread neededSpecial Features:
- Overpriced with Terrible ServiceBardeenDined on 7/20/2014I had decided to take my parents to Fazzini's for their 42nd wedding anniversary and was extremly dissapointed from the moment we were "greeted" by the hostess. Every single associate from the Hostess to the Food Runner lacked the customer service skills necessary for a restaurant charging over $20/plate. The hostess was extremly rude, the waitress continually forget to bring items requested, and to be quite frank, the food was subpar at best. Save your energy and go to Little Italy if you want Italian food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Very good food at reasonable prices with a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!MaryAntoinetteDined on 7/19/2014Really enjoyed dining at Fazzini Taverna on a recent Saturday evening. Loved the calamari appetizer, and the homemade pasta is the best - Rigatoni with bolognese sauce and Gnochietti [pasta] with broccoli rabe and sausage. Everything was freshly prepared, the sauces were flavorful and the service attentive and not rushed!Special Features:
- Great food and even better service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014A destination restaurant! We went for the food and will return because of the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to the neighborhoodroscosmamaDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I both enjoyed the pasta entrees that we ordered, but both felt something was missing from the dishes to make them "exceptional". Definitely plan to return and trying the brick oven pizza which looked and smelled amazing!!! I also like that they offer carryout, including 6 packs, and if you order online they offer coupons and deals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedEmerilDined on 7/16/2014Tried this restaurant for the first time following a newspaper review that raved about the eggplant parmigiana. The place was noisy so I could barely converse with others in my party of five. The service and the salad were ok but the eggplant parmigiana was a great disappointment. The plate and outer portion were piping hot but the center cold. Heavy on the cheese and light on the eggplant. Obviously prepared much earlier and popped in a hot oven. A cheap trick from cheap restaurants. As I said a great disappointment considering what I was led to believe by the article I had just read.Special Features:
- A non-chain on York Road!! Yay!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I enjoyed happy hour at Fazzini's on a busy Tuesday night. The service was wonderful and the staff was attentive and friendly. Wines by the glass are $2 off during happy hour (bar only) and the wine list is fun and interesting. We split a great and sizable chicken pesto pizza for $10 (happy hour special), baked shrimp with lemon and garlic (a little over cooked but high quality and generous size for $8), a house salad with a sweet Italian dressing and the cream of crab soup. Its so wonderful to have a local restaurant in our neighborhood with quality homemade food. This place will be a success. AND, they provided a complimentary lemoncello shot after our meal - great touch!Special Features: