9811 York Road
Cockeysville, MD 21030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fazzinis.com/
- Phone: (410) 667-6104
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ari Brownstein
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Fazzini's offers our full menu of classic home made Italian dishes for drop off catering. Please visit us at www.fazzinis.com to view the menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Fazzini's is the perfect location for next your private gathering! Everything that we serve is carefully prepared and cared for until the moment it hits your table. Allow our skilled staff to manage the details as you and your guests enjoy delicious cuisine and an event to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8882251937
A word from Fazzini's Taverna
Fazzini's Taverna specializes in house made Pastas, Breads, Sauces and Cocktails. Everything that we serve is carefully prepared and cared for until the moment it is delivered to your table. Fazzini's Taverna will truly impress you with our house made food, modest prices and unique beverage and wine selections. Our private function rooms are well equipped for corporate as well as private events with the latest in Audio/Video technologies. We are owner-operated and always have the best interest of our clients, guests and their families in mind. Download our App to receive special members only offers as well as menus, events and reservation options right from your Open Table account!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fazzini's Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (33)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (20)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (14)hot spot (13)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- Excellent food, even for a NYerDuckieDined on 8/9/2014I'm an Italian transplant from NYC and I took some visiting family to Fazzini's for dinner. Our waiter, Erik, was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and was very attentive. We started with the baccala fritters. I never had better baccala in my life (don't tell my grandmother)! I had the risotto with roast pork, arugula & green apples and it was amazing. I tried my mother's house-made gnocchi and it melted in my mouth. Usually New Yorkers always have a place back home that is better than anywhere you take them, but everyone agreed that it was just as good, or better, than what they can get back home. Which is really saying something. Just a note- the children's menu items are a bit small, especially if you have a kid that likes to eat.Special Features:
- A changed venue!Foodie4everDined on 8/8/2014There was something "special" about Fazzini's on Cranbrook Road. Small, BYOB, but excellent food! Now it is like so many restaurants in Cockeysville. The food is fine and the service and ambience above average. however, it is not so "special" anymore!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic dining experience!PenitaVIPDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I took a friend to dinner, and we were impressed with the excellent food and service! Our waitress, Kim, was most efficient and personable as were Jeb, the owner, and Amanda, the hostess. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFamily48VIPDined on 8/6/2014I had a great date with my son, despite the service being slow and the food was nothing spectacular. My linguine with clams was very salty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Burratta appetizer was great! Johnny, our server, was excellent. Gnocchi entree very tasty. The creme brulee is large enough for two to three people to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Italian Food!!!AnnRDined on 8/3/2014My family tried Fazzini's for the first time this past Sunday evening. It was awesome!!!!!!! We are picky Italian food eaters, so we are thrilled to have an amazing Italian restaurant up in our area that is both family friendly and not super fancy. Everything from the delicious garlic and olive oil dipping oil to the salad, the entrees and desserts, were just wonderful!! The eggplant parm and the lasagna were incredible (my husband said it's the best he ever had). The wait staff were wonderful too. I usually don't go on and on about a restaurant, but Fazinni's deserves the praise! Can't wait to go again and try something else! p.s. the food portions were great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food took forever!RobinDined on 8/3/2014My family and I went to Fazzini's for my birthday because we had heard good things about it. Unfortunately, our experience wasn't as good as others. The appetizers came pretty quick, but then we waited an hour after that before we received our dinner entrees. Our server was very nice, but didn't communicate to us at all about the delay. The food was just average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New local fave!jassbluDined on 8/3/2014We started going to Fazzini's earlier this summer. It quickly became a favorite. We feel like regulars now and love that the manager recognizes us and remembers notable things about our previous visits. Fazzini's has a nice homey atmosphere. The service is great and the food is amazing. We have tried many things on the menu and have never been disappointed. For our most recent visit, we celebrated two birthdays. Our family loved it and wants to make plans to go back. I would highly recommend Fazzini's for any special occasion!Special Features:
- Great Outdoor DiningjodyzDined on 8/2/2014I loved the outdoor seating. I felt as if I were away on vacation. Great food & ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014This was our time at Fazzini's and we couldn't have been more pleased. The staff were very accommodating as far as placing us at a perfect table for 5, including my mobility challenged mother. The server was very helpful and energetic. All of our meals were great - the standouts were the pizza appetizer with duck and the scallops! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- a winnergrumpyDined on 7/31/20145 friends who are critical and difficult to please all said that they enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. What more can I say?Special Features:
- The following 110 reviews are from the Fazzini's Taverna reviews archive.
- Disappointedlifes2shortDined on 7/28/2014I was hoping that moving to a larger space would not affect the quality of the food, which was so good at the former Fazzini's. I was disappointed in the food (which turned out to cause gastro intestinal problems for both parties), the prices ($52.00 for two pastas dishes and 2 glass of wine), and service (our water was never refilled over several hours). I will not be recommending the "new but not as good" Fazzini's.Special Features:
- KarenDined on 7/25/2014Very impressed by Fazzini's - food was delicious, service & atmosphere delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be back.BaltimoredinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Was hoping to love this place based on early reviews and the menu, which looked great. First impression not great. Had a 6:45 reservation on a Thursday night and couldn't find a parking space because the (huge) lot was full. Waited and finally found one and went inside to a very, very loud atmosphere. It sort of has a sports bar (tv's on), suburban mall feeling to it. Filled with seniors and families with kids (which is fine) and feeling very casual, but with a menu of quite expensive food. The kids menu has $9 chicken nuggets that weren't that great and then milk is another $3. All this while we waited 30+ minutes for our food and had to shout to be heard. My pasta dish was good.My husband's was cold and had been reheated. Won't be back.
- Great Resturant !FoodloverDined on 7/23/2014Loved it! Our server was way to pushy about our buying an expensive bottle of wine. Quite a turn off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014food was about a C+ better and more crusty bread neededSpecial Features:
- Overpriced with Terrible ServiceBardeenDined on 7/20/2014I had decided to take my parents to Fazzini's for their 42nd wedding anniversary and was extremly dissapointed from the moment we were "greeted" by the hostess. Every single associate from the Hostess to the Food Runner lacked the customer service skills necessary for a restaurant charging over $20/plate. The hostess was extremly rude, the waitress continually forget to bring items requested, and to be quite frank, the food was subpar at best. Save your energy and go to Little Italy if you want Italian food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Very good food at reasonable prices with a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!MaryAntoinetteDined on 7/19/2014Really enjoyed dining at Fazzini Taverna on a recent Saturday evening. Loved the calamari appetizer, and the homemade pasta is the best - Rigatoni with bolognese sauce and Gnochietti [pasta] with broccoli rabe and sausage. Everything was freshly prepared, the sauces were flavorful and the service attentive and not rushed!Special Features:
- Great food and even better service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014A destination restaurant! We went for the food and will return because of the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to the neighborhoodroscosmamaDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I both enjoyed the pasta entrees that we ordered, but both felt something was missing from the dishes to make them "exceptional". Definitely plan to return and trying the brick oven pizza which looked and smelled amazing!!! I also like that they offer carryout, including 6 packs, and if you order online they offer coupons and deals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedEmerilDined on 7/16/2014Tried this restaurant for the first time following a newspaper review that raved about the eggplant parmigiana. The place was noisy so I could barely converse with others in my party of five. The service and the salad were ok but the eggplant parmigiana was a great disappointment. The plate and outer portion were piping hot but the center cold. Heavy on the cheese and light on the eggplant. Obviously prepared much earlier and popped in a hot oven. A cheap trick from cheap restaurants. As I said a great disappointment considering what I was led to believe by the article I had just read.Special Features:
- A non-chain on York Road!! Yay!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I enjoyed happy hour at Fazzini's on a busy Tuesday night. The service was wonderful and the staff was attentive and friendly. Wines by the glass are $2 off during happy hour (bar only) and the wine list is fun and interesting. We split a great and sizable chicken pesto pizza for $10 (happy hour special), baked shrimp with lemon and garlic (a little over cooked but high quality and generous size for $8), a house salad with a sweet Italian dressing and the cream of crab soup. Its so wonderful to have a local restaurant in our neighborhood with quality homemade food. This place will be a success. AND, they provided a complimentary lemoncello shot after our meal - great touch!Special Features:
- dgm1Dined on 7/14/2014Service was excellent. Waiter was the best! Food was good but a little over bakedSpecial Features:
- Nice addition to the communityTabithaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Gazpacho was excellent; ravioli sauce was just okay; tiramisu was gigantic and superb! Server was very competent and friendly, but there was too much down time between courses. I will return to try the other entrees.Special Features:
- DecentLilyhillVIPDined on 7/13/2014We wanted to love Fazzini's. We'd heard good things and it's nice to have outside-the-beltway options. Unfortunately, while there was no glaring problem, our experience just 'missed'. It wasn't the food or drink's fault. That was fine. (We had the eggplant parm and the shrimp scampi. No complaints.) So what's the problem? The setting was a bit of a turn-off. The restaurant is a typical suburban box and it's a little noisy. It's casual (fine) but we saw customers wearing gym shorts and flip flops (seriously?). It's also an older crowd...which is fine (I'm no spring chicken, myself!) but all that adds up to a touch of a south Florida, cafeteria-in-a-shopping-mall vibe. We may go back but we won't add it to our regular restaurant rotation.
- Still a Great Restaurant!chicken1Dined on 7/13/2014This was our first time to the new location. Even though the restaurant is much larger, it still has retained all of its original personality. The food was delicious and the wait staff was fabulous.Special Features:
- Not Comparable to the KitchenHBPLVIPDined on 7/12/2014From rigotini with moist chunks of chicken smothered in cheese, to chicken parm with a sweet and savory marinara sauce, Fazzini's Taverna is a great addition to the Timonium/Cockeysville big appetite, restaurant scene We loved the Kitchen when we lived near it, but that was just a stepping stone to the Taverna. We look forward to coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is GreatMoeBDined on 7/12/2014I recommend it very much!!! I love the mushroom ravioli. My friend loved the shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with no kidsHebel31Dined on 7/12/2014First time at Fazzinis and it was great evening. The calamari appetizer was the best I've had. It had a nice spicy kick to it which was fantastic since I like spicy food. We each got one of the homemade pastas which were good but were average in my opinion. Nothing really stuck out to make it memorable. For dessert we got the creme brule which was definitely big enough for two at a nice price. I would go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than averageTheMixDined on 7/11/2014A bit pricy compared to other area restaurants but very good quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started rocky...ended smoothbaltimorebornDined on 7/11/2014I will start with the positive. Our server and the food were fantastic! Our server, Lauren recognized that "entry" had been rough and wanted to do everything she could to win us over. The food was so great. House salad, pasta, and lasagna were exactly like days of old. Now, I back up to our arrival. When we arrived ten minutes before our reservation we were still short two people in our party. They would not seat us. Many tables were open. Weird. It really put a bad taste in our mouth. We wanted to sit,relax, and order a cocktail. Then when we were seated we asked to sit in a booth, the hostess asked if we had requested that ahead of time. What? She then went on to argue a lengthy explanation. We chalked it up to youth. So, overall..good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2014Very disappointing. Especially after reading the review in the food section of The Baltimore Sun newspaper. The only good thing that I can say about the food is that it did come out hot. As far as flavor is concerned, it was alright, just ok, nothing more. Our food took a very long time to come out of the kitchen. Our server was very friendly and did a nice job.
- Just a wonderful findReservationMomVIPDined on 7/9/2014From the moment you walk in, expect to be treated like family. So refreshing to see people who are smiling and appear to enjoy their jobs! This goes from the manager down to the buss staff. So helpful and when they ask if everything is fine and do you need anything, they really mean it! As far as the menu, it offers a range of selections so all should be happy. The food, although not haute cuisine , is down home, fresh comfort Italian! Serving sizes are extremely ample , so take home bags are the usual!. Pastas are homemade and excellent! Save room for dessert, as this is one of the best tiramisu that I have ever had. Our server Kris was outstanding! I highly recommend that you give this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fazzin's Taverna a Family TreatButlerDined on 7/9/2014We read the article in the Sunday Sun on the Fazzini's Tavern and decided to give it a try. We took our two grown daughters and the fiancé of the younger one to enjoy the food and drinks at Fazzini's-- and enjoy it we all did. The food was terrific, well prepared, tasty, varied, and not too expensive. We will be back soon to sample other menu items, like the woodfire baked pizzas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2014Very disappointing. Service was very spotty and the food mediocre. I have no desire to return soon.
- DeliciousAnnB3VIPDined on 7/7/2014Fazzinis has recently moved to York Road and what a great decesion. They have my favorite dish, chicken piccata. I have been there twice. Ate inside on one occasion and outside on the other. Service is great. Food is delicious. Give it a trySpecial Features:
- GrillMarXFANVIPDined on 7/5/2014Restaurant is still new and doesn't have all the kinks ironed out. We'll consider going back to give them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor dining space.CJOMDined on 7/5/2014First visit - sat outdoors which was very nice. Service was consistently good and thoughtful, no rushing. Good was great. Would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiterGoodfoodie3VIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a great meal. The shrimp fra diavolo was unique yet delicious. They had a great wine list, good kids' menu and the bread was great. The roasted garlic in olive oil was also delicious. The menu was full of great choices. The only problem was the service. They are working out kinks since they just opened, so we are understanding to some issues, just not our actual waiter. They seemed to be extremely over staffed, which you could overhear staff complaining about, but that will get worked out over time. Our waiter was very hard to understand, inefficient and extremely pushy. We asked for the check 3 times and he would not bring it. He kept trying to get us to buy more food. After speaking to the owner, I am sure he will get better.Special Features: