9811 York Road
Cockeysville, MD 21030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fazzinis.com/
- Phone: 4106676104x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ari Brownstein
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Fazzini's offers our full menu of classic home made Italian dishes for drop off catering. Please visit us at www.fazzinis.com to view the menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Fazzini's is the perfect location for next your private gathering! Everything that we serve is carefully prepared and cared for until the moment it hits your table. Allow our skilled staff to manage the details as you and your guests enjoy delicious cuisine and an event to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8882251937
A word from Fazzini's Taverna
Fazzini's Taverna specializes in house made Pastas, Breads, Sauces and Cocktails. Everything that we serve is carefully prepared and cared for until the moment it is delivered to your table. Fazzini's Taverna will truly impress you with our house made food, modest prices and unique beverage and wine selections. Our private function rooms are well equipped for corporate as well as private events with the latest in Audio/Video technologies. We are owner-operated and always have the best interest of our clients, guests and their families in mind. Download our App to receive special members only offers as well as menus, events and reservation options right from your Open Table account!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fazzini's Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (77)good for groups (58)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (35)special occasion (34)great for outdoor dining (28)kid-friendly (26)great for lunch (25)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (10)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Overall not a great experience-waitress was nice but was too busy to be attentive-very disappointing. Salad and apps good- pasta was alittle dry-needed more sauce. I felt dinner was on the higher end of prices but the service did not live up to it. Not sure if we will return.
- christianVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had heard a lot of good things about Fazzini's since they opened but had not dined there. (We had in the past picked up To Go food at their local original location and had been very happy.) Restaurant space is overall very nice and welcoming. The staff was also friendly and the service was overall good. Sadly the food (which is why we go out to eat) left a lot to be desired. We found the menu to be fairly limiting and they were also out of several things which were listed on the menu. Salad dressing (as noted in other reviews) was not good at all. Pasta was plentiful but sauce was flavorless and with 5 shrimp too expensive. Not sure what the hype is all about because there are lot of better alternatives!
- Ellen GordonElleDined on 10/12/2014What a treat. Menu is different and exciting yet offers traditional dishes for the timid. Portions are more than generous. Service is spectacular - very attentive. Drinks are generous and they offer lots of specialty cocktails. Great wine list, too. We eat there at least twice a month when in town. Gotta try it - but better make reservations!!!!!Special Features:
- Friendly Neighborhood PlaceBaltimoreBillDined on 10/11/2014My family and I had been to the old Fazzini's many times when it was a very simple place with great Italian food in a neighborhood strip center, but we hadn't yet gone to the new vastly expanded location. We were pleasantly surprised by the comfortable ambiance where we didn't need to shout to hear each other and the friendly service. The food was good and all but one of our party were happy with our meals. The one dissatisfied person had ordered an old favorite that is now prepared differently. The service was excellent and an offer was made to provide another meal to the less than satisfied party. A complimentary dessert with candle was provided in honor of a birthday (the occasion for the dinner). We'll be likely to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Food, Attentive Svc, PriceyOwenDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time at Fazzini's. We were seated promptly and our server soon appeared with bread, dipping oil, and glasses of Champagne since it was our anniversary. Daily specials sounded good but we stayed with the regular menu. The small Caesar salad was tasty with home-made croutons. My wife said the fagioli soup was different from what she was used to but still good. The Sausage Ravioli and Gnocchi were both delicious with generous portions; we took half home. We shared an apple crisp dessert, which was plenty for two. Throughout, service was prompt and attentive. We agree with others that Fazzini's is pricey, especially since everything is a la carte. Not sure the good experience justified the expense v. local competition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun New SpotcondoladylunchoutDined on 10/7/2014Four women for lunch (some hard to please) and Damien did a fantastic job. All had pink martini's and pannini's. One of us mentioned & received onion rings which were not on the menu. One of the owners overheard and said "we'll give it a try...onion rings you will have". Everything was tasty to the end...chocolate/raspberry mousse cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing FoodJen8828Dined on 10/4/2014My family and I were disappointed with the food. The ambiance of the restaurant was very good and the service was decent, though our waiter never asked if we wanted other drinks other than water, so I had to wait to order a soda until he came back to take our dinner orders. The salads were a good size but my sister and father did not care for the dressing. My mother did not like the dressing on the house salad either. The shrimp scampi was extremely small and way too expensive for only 5 small shrimp ($22). I also found the dish to be very plain. My mother did not like the summer fettuccine at all--she found the sauce to be runny and the pesto, corn, and crab did not go well together. My father said that the Baked Rig was nothing special.
- DinnerCml1VIPDined on 10/2/2014I have been to fazzinis before the food is excellent service is excellent relaxing and very amenable to eating. We were eating there during the Orioles playoff game and while that is a huge thing for Baltimore game and most importantly it's commercials they were blasting loud The game but most importantly the commercials the whole time and it was very very difficult to enjoy or relax and I could not hear the person across the table from me at all.The waitress asked for them to turn it down but a lot of the tables. That was a very disappointing visit but I'm sure the next visit will be great as they usually are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty FoodPezPazDined on 9/30/2014I was very pleased with the Veal Parmigiana that I ordered during my visit. The vegetable beef soup is something NOT to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitmichaelbDined on 9/25/2014Had a business meeting. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- mixed resultmackDined on 9/20/2014My wife had the swordfish and liked it, the other couple was satisfied with their food, but I didn't like mine. I ordered the ravioli with sausage. The pasta did taste freshly made, but the marinara sauce, which I consider myself knowledgeable about, was very disappointing. It was goupy and heavy, like it contained far too much tomato paste, and had too much red pepper. No chance for any delicate fresh tomato or herb flavors to emerge through that over peppered sludge. I would have tried one of my favorites, Veal Marsala, but they were out of veal. The house salad look mixed and good, but the Caesar I ordered was just iceberg lettuce and standard Caesar dressing, hardly any croutons or tasty cheese shavings. Not worth eating.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It was our first time and it will not be our last. We all had something different and everything was very good. Kim, our waitress, was very attentive and talkative sharing what was good and general conversation. A very good Saturday dinner.Special Features:
- Off night?DirkVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is our 3rd time to the new location, and was disappointing. Service was slow and incomplete (had to ask for bread). Veal parm was good, bake rigatoni was dry and asked for extra red sauce and received a tiny bowl of it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBurkbobVIPDined on 9/10/2014Based on a review, my wife and I had high expectations. Unfortunately, the food (average and overpriced) and the less than satisfactory service disappointed us. The shrimp scampi my wife ordered lacked seasoning and her tiramisu was an unappealing mess that looked as though it had been thrown together as an afterthought. The worst part of it was that our dinner, such as it was, ended up costing me $100 (if you include the tip) - way too much for a mediocre meal. Just one final point: when was the last time you went out to eat and your server waited until you had finished your entree before asking you "How is everything?" 'Nuff said.
- Just perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014we've made this our Friday night end-of-the week spot and it hasn't disappointed the three times we've made!Special Features:
- DeanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Apparently our waitress was new and even with help from an experienced waiter, service was poor for our party of seven. The menu is very limited and they would not allow us to order from the bar menu which had several items we would have liked. Food was good, but overall not a good experience.
- Good meal, strange servicejohndpDined on 8/31/2014Our waiter greeted us literally seconds after being seated, and announced that he was going to give us a little more time with the menu. That made us laugh, since we had at that point no time at all. Then we ordered a carafe of red wine. When it arrived, he asked whether we wanted him to put it "on ice." Red wine? Really? Then he brought over an older woman and told us that she would be "leading," and he would just be "observing." It wasn't clear why; he wasn't new to the restaurant. It almost seemed like there had been a disagreement over whose table it was supposed to be. The new woman took our order -- but wrote down the wrong, more expensive salads -- and we ended up getting charged for them even though we pointed out the mistake.Special Features:
- Nice SurprisejtomneyDined on 8/29/2014We wanted to grab a bite to eat before heading to an Orioles game so we made 5:30 p.m. reservations. We were seated promptly and our server was attentive but not obtrusive. My wife's Veal Marsala was really good, and my Bologense was solid. We both had a glass of wine with the meal as well - came to under 60 dollars without tip. Will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:
- DisappointedallaboutDtailsDined on 8/28/2014Having previously visited Fazzini's for lunch, I expected better. The flavors were satisfying, BUT... the Margherita pizza crust was overcooked and tough, the toppings were sparse and dried out, the lettuce at the bottom of the salad Nicoise was soggy, and the server was too chummy. None of this left the best impression.
- excellent ItalianbaltimorefoodieDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed the classic Italian food, bread to start was hot with a good garlic and hot pepper oil dipping plate. Every plate was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not pleasedjustmythoughtsDined on 8/24/2014For an Italian restaurant that advertises fresh pasta, very dissatisfied. Went with elderly parents [it's a Sunday thing], I ordered shrimp scampi that came with 5 shrimp and angle hair pasta that was so drenched with glop that the pasta could not be separated. Mom ordered the scallops with spinach. tomato,basil. The dish was so smothered in tomato that was all she could taste, again the pasta was lost. Dad got the lasagna and thought it was very good. Was upset there was no garlic bread to be had. One and done.
- Great timeJesskDined on 8/23/2014I took my family out for a birthday dinner. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful with wine questions! The good was delicious and brought out at good times compared to when we were done out previous course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best servicesd53Dined on 8/23/2014Food was fresh and flavorful, loved the garlic. Second visit and every bite was delicious. Hats off to Kim, our server. Appreciated her friendlinessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....service not soMareDined on 8/21/2014Tried this place after being familiar with the old Fazzinis on Cranbrook. The food was amazing - prosciutto wrapped melon, albondigas, gnocchi, lasagna....but the service was lackluster. We ordered a bottle of Albariño and when I tasted it, it was warm! The two servers snagged an ice bucket on a frankly rickety stand, plunged the bottle in and said something like "this bottle will be chilled in no time!" Well, it's not "no time" - a warm bottle of wine will take upwards of 45 minutes to chill to 48-50 in ice water and this was no exception - and not once during this 45 minutes did anyone stop by to apologize, offer a cold glass from the bar while we waited, nothing.Special Features:
- Worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The menu sounded similar to other italian restaurants but the food is way above the average italian restaurants. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was not the "chain like" food. They have some creative cocktails and if you want it non-alcoholic they have a list of those as well. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:
- Good, but overpricedFoodiePatootieDined on 8/20/2014I have a hard time paying almost $20 for Chicken Alfredo, which was one of the cheapest dishes on the menu aside from pizza. It was good but nothing to be overly excited about. My Mom got the lasagna which was dry and again, not worth the $17 that it cost. The seating is also very cramped. We might as well have been sitting with the people at the table next to us because we could hear their entire conversation which made it very awkward. Overall I wasn't very pleased and I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon. They were also out of the wine we wanted. I didn't mind but I would think that with 100 bottles of wine on their "bottle only" list, they would at least keep the 8 types of wine they offer by the glass fully stocked.
- Proud to see them grow!WickedFan1Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I have been patronizing Fazzini's since it was a little hole in the wall in Cranbrook - now look at them! The new BIG free-standing restaurant is absolutely gorgeous and good to know quality of food and service did not suffer. This place rocks!!!Special Features:
- Could have been betterBrunchinBabeDined on 8/15/2014I've eaten here several times since the new Fazzini's has opened. Previously, service was extraordinary and I've rated the restaurant with 5 stars. This time, not such a great experience. I had taken a group to dine that had not eaten there yet. We were seated in a large room that had two other tables occupied (one large group and one couple.) It seemed that the server was overwhelmed - possibly with tables in another section of the restaurant - since we waited forever for appetizers; then, after the appetizers, there was another long wait for our entrees. The bottled water - usually cold - was actually warm. The main redeeming factor was the good food. Hoping my next time there will revert to the previously great experience.Special Features:
- JoycierOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Great food, fabulous service and the staff is anxious to please. We will definitely be back. We especially love the garlic dipping oil for the bread and for the fresh, crisp delicious salads.Special Features:
- First timeRselma1Dined on 8/9/2014This was my first time to Fazzinis since they moved locations and expanded. They still stick to the same principals. Scratch made pastas, pizza doughs, etc. Excellent menu. Diverse. A lot of the old and some new. They also carry gluten free pasta for those with Celiacs. Our server was absolutely perfect. Will definitely be returning there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, even for a NYerDuckieDined on 8/9/2014I'm an Italian transplant from NYC and I took some visiting family to Fazzini's for dinner. Our waiter, Erik, was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and was very attentive. We started with the baccala fritters. I never had better baccala in my life (don't tell my grandmother)! I had the risotto with roast pork, arugula & green apples and it was amazing. I tried my mother's house-made gnocchi and it melted in my mouth. Usually New Yorkers always have a place back home that is better than anywhere you take them, but everyone agreed that it was just as good, or better, than what they can get back home. Which is really saying something. Just a note- the children's menu items are a bit small, especially if you have a kid that likes to eat.Special Features:
- A changed venue!Foodie4everDined on 8/8/2014There was something "special" about Fazzini's on Cranbrook Road. Small, BYOB, but excellent food! Now it is like so many restaurants in Cockeysville. The food is fine and the service and ambience above average. however, it is not so "special" anymore!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic dining experience!PenitaVIPDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I took a friend to dinner, and we were impressed with the excellent food and service! Our waitress, Kim, was most efficient and personable as were Jeb, the owner, and Amanda, the hostess. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFamily48VIPDined on 8/6/2014I had a great date with my son, despite the service being slow and the food was nothing spectacular. My linguine with clams was very salty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Burratta appetizer was great! Johnny, our server, was excellent. Gnocchi entree very tasty. The creme brulee is large enough for two to three people to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Italian Food!!!AnnRDined on 8/3/2014My family tried Fazzini's for the first time this past Sunday evening. It was awesome!!!!!!! We are picky Italian food eaters, so we are thrilled to have an amazing Italian restaurant up in our area that is both family friendly and not super fancy. Everything from the delicious garlic and olive oil dipping oil to the salad, the entrees and desserts, were just wonderful!! The eggplant parm and the lasagna were incredible (my husband said it's the best he ever had). The wait staff were wonderful too. I usually don't go on and on about a restaurant, but Fazinni's deserves the praise! Can't wait to go again and try something else! p.s. the food portions were great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food took forever!RobinDined on 8/3/2014My family and I went to Fazzini's for my birthday because we had heard good things about it. Unfortunately, our experience wasn't as good as others. The appetizers came pretty quick, but then we waited an hour after that before we received our dinner entrees. Our server was very nice, but didn't communicate to us at all about the delay. The food was just average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New local fave!jassbluDined on 8/3/2014We started going to Fazzini's earlier this summer. It quickly became a favorite. We feel like regulars now and love that the manager recognizes us and remembers notable things about our previous visits. Fazzini's has a nice homey atmosphere. The service is great and the food is amazing. We have tried many things on the menu and have never been disappointed. For our most recent visit, we celebrated two birthdays. Our family loved it and wants to make plans to go back. I would highly recommend Fazzini's for any special occasion!Special Features:
- Great Outdoor DiningjodyzDined on 8/2/2014I loved the outdoor seating. I felt as if I were away on vacation. Great food & ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014This was our time at Fazzini's and we couldn't have been more pleased. The staff were very accommodating as far as placing us at a perfect table for 5, including my mobility challenged mother. The server was very helpful and energetic. All of our meals were great - the standouts were the pizza appetizer with duck and the scallops! Can't wait to return.Special Features: