1108 North Mathilda Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94089Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fazrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (408) 752-8000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 10:00pm;
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4:00pm- 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Faz Poursohi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Call for details
- Entertainment: Piano Week nights
A word from Faz Sunnyvale
Faz Sunnyvale is a full service restaurant and bar offering guests a comfortably elegant ambiance with modular indoor and outdoor seating. Enjoy the distinctive Mediterranean style cuisine of Faz Poursohi . Whether dining in the warm, Galleria dining room, outside on the large courtyard patio, or at the antique Parisian bar, you’ll be wowed by the fabulous food, the great selection of wine & spirits, and the staff’s friendly knowledgeable service, all offered at an incredible value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Faz Sunnyvale - Best Restaurants in Sunnyvale ›
Faz Sunnyvale reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (31)great for lunch (28)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (11)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great spot for a business meetingBHubbsDined on 10/30/2013Outdoor " back patio". Very nice! Inside moderately quiet Food was good. Bartender was funSpecial Features:
- Happy to be back5918yDined on 10/30/2013It has been a long time since I dined at Fax in Sunnyvale. I was happy to be back and look forward to many more delicious meals in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great kabobsRoseDined on 10/29/2013We had prompt attentive service both at the bar and the table. The kabobs were great. it was busy with large groups but still very enjoyable. In a great central location for east bay and peninsula gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great servicecelestetDined on 10/24/2013Hello, I tried another different dish and it was wonderful. Faz has not disappointed yet. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Went there for lunch withAribVIPDined on 10/22/2013Went there for lunch with a colleague. Had reservations, so we were seated promptly; service was good; we both ordered the Chicken rolled Kebab; food was good not great. The place is very busy and you need reservations. Have gone there a few times and tried different options; Overall it's a good place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- ZZZZZZZZssssSmitaDined on 10/19/2013Food was ok...if you like left over Persian hummus, babaganoush and unseasoned kabobs. When I complained abt my kabobs not having any flavor...I was told that that is how they are made. I'm from the middle east and know better so was not only disappointed by the food but the sorry excuse I was offered.Special Features:
- Good Business Lunch SpotBusinessLunchVIPDined on 10/17/2013Nice salads. The place was crowded so business must be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and Delicousfoodie2heartDined on 10/15/2013Greeted by a nice hostess were sat right away. We sat outside in the patio, it was a bright and sunny afternoon perfect for the lemonade we ordered. Menu was full of choices but we had to order the sampler appetizer platter and Prawn & avocado grilled salad (YUM!), and the chicken & beef roll luncheon saffron rice. The staff was helpful they spilt our main meal for us as. Wish it was not a working lunch then I would have ordered wine. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- It's OK - not badHappyTummyVIPDined on 9/27/2013It's good if you're stuck in that part of town and want something different than the usual hotel food (steaks, American, Mexican, expensive salads). Their menu is mainly Persian sprinkled with Italian items. Our lamb/beef kebab combo and pomegranate chicken were very tasty but a bit on the dry side. We didn't have room for dessert, but the next table ordered tiramisu and said the center of it was still frozen! Frozen tiramisu?! That's so wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, server was a bit behindMikeDined on 9/26/2013Food was amazing, everything about it was unique. I'm usually wary of getting a pasta dish with a cream sauce because by the end of the pasta I have a massive amount of sauce left, but they used the perfect amount so that there was none left at the end but every bite was perfectly coated in it. Great ambiance. The only negative was our server seemed a bit behind, and when we asked about accommodating some common allergies (gluten, dairy) she seemed flustered & confused. In any case, we worked around it ourselves and really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for group lunches!DSW7Dined on 9/26/2013We had a party of nine for lunch. The restaurant was very busy, but our service was very good. We got our food, which was delicious, in a timely manner and the server was very friendly and attentive. I would definitely go back with a group or just a few friends. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Breast KabobLoriannDined on 9/22/2013The chicken breast kabob I have previously ordered seemed a bit smaller and the chicken was dry.Special Features:
- Not-so Fine DiningHowieDined on 9/19/2013Faz is great for a working dinner. It's not what I'd call a destination, nor do I agree with their own description of being "fine dining". The menu is predominately sea food with a Mediterranean bent. Near the bar the music is too loud, ask for the "Tea Room" for conversations in private. If you think good hotel food, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good dealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/18/2013I have dinned at the location multiple times and have never been disappointed. My reservation always been accurately recorded and had never been kept waiting. I like their Mediterranean dishes as well as selected few Persian dishes. Wine collection is good and prices are reasonable. Special lavash bread is made in the restaurant which is tasty. Service is friendly and prompt. Location is easily accessible from 101 and 237 freeways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faz has great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2013The food here is excellent. Well prepared and presented. Always served hot from the kitchen. I especially lover the fish. Very very good tasting food. The service is excellent. Prompt without bothering you. Wonderful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is nothing special about itAnnaDined on 9/13/2013The food was average, the service was OK, the waiting time was a little long, but it's OK. But for the price they charge everything should be 10 levels better. We are not disappointed, but not excited either. We do not mind to pay the price if it's worth it. This one was an average restaurant you can find anywhere, and less expensive.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2013I go to FAZ a lot becasue it is close to my work and I like the ambience. However, I always feel rushed, and the service leaves a lot to desire for. I am sure with better service and improved quality of food they can do much better.Special Features:
- Disappointed with food and serviceHerhsheygirl10Dined on 9/7/2013Service was bad and the quality of the food was poor. Will not be coming back. We went on a Saturday night and the place was empty. Now I know why. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Went for a business lunchPerryDined on 8/28/2013Went for a business lunch at 12:15 and did not receive food until 1:10. Everyone had to rush eating and leave without coffee or dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch or Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013Good impressions with a nice range of food or romantic intentions with a full wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food with spicesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2013Interesting food with spices from Middle East that are paired with salads, soups and appetizers. Portions are large and a good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2013Had an awards lunch there. Food was good and the service was friendly. Outdoor seating was great except for the umbrella falling on us a few time, and we had to fix it ourselves.Special Features:
- Too loud for easy conversationColHoganDined on 8/1/2013When the piano player is playing, it was difficult for conversation. For a hotel restaurant, it's a good choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at FAZOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2013The service could use some soft touch, some of the waiters seem to be in rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly!firsttimerDined on 7/10/2013It was my first time there, staff was very friendly. Food was a little cold due to it sitting for a while, refills were not as fas as I would want, but overall, good expierience. Might go there again in the future.Special Features:
- Good place for lunchCDubyaDined on 7/2/2013This was a quite pleasant experience. 3 of us had a business lunch outside on the terrace. The service was efficient, (appetizers delivered as we sat down) as we had menus and drinks delivered promptly. The rice and kabobs were delicate and delicious. The chicken on my kabob was already removed from the skewer and moist, which is not always the case with kabobs. It was warm and sunny outside, but, there was plenty of umbrella protection. It's a great place for a business lunch, especially if you work in the Sunnyvale area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only visited once, and Excellenthotspots2findDined on 6/25/2013Only visited once, and Excellent food & service. Good business lunch spot. Other members of my party have commented that they have been there before and we would definitely recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceArkitektonDined on 6/21/2013Excellent service food is OK also but nothing outstanding. Good for business lunch not too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for work meeting lunchesKathyCDined on 6/17/2013Always reliable. Nice menu selection, great service, nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for grownupsArLyneDined on 6/16/2013Faz Restaurant is a "white table" place where people can dine and actually hear each other talk. It is a quiet place, with excellent food and service. The menu is unusual but has something for everyone. I had the scallops - they were fresh and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Great experiencepepper03Dined on 6/15/2013Better than expected. Waiter was superb - Roxanne. She noted that I was deliberating between two pasta dishes and suggested they switch the sauces - white wine for marinara. I hadn't even thought of switching, but that is exactly what I wanted!!Special Features:
- Group lunchLanaDined on 5/24/2013I wanted to thank you the stuff for taking care of us. Food was very good and quick. I have been to Faz many times, but this time food was better then I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/22/2013Faz is attached to a Sheraton hotel, but the ambiance is that of a bustling, modern restaurant and meeting place. There is a well-appointed bar, interesting food and a decent wine list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love dining at Faz!Soniac64Dined on 5/22/2013We have a monthly executive dinner at Faz. Greg is our waiter he actually remembers our drinks from one month to next. He is the best waiter ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always check your bill asRippedOffVIPDined on 5/18/2013Always check your bill as I've had consistent overcharges and other issues with this place.
- Great selection and serviceNader128Dined on 5/14/2013I really like FAZ for business lunch and dinner. Great selection of Italian and Persian food. Great service and wonderful music the night we went. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Pleasant Mothers Day brunchfarefanDined on 5/12/2013Our family enjoyed the Mother's Day brunch at Faz. The food was good, and adequate variety. We also liked the ambience: classy and not overly mobbed. The automatic 20% service charge was unexpected for a party of 4, and for a self service buffet. This added an addional $25 to the bill. Our watress barely spoke to us. I'd recommend Faz for special occasions only.Special Features:
- Mothersday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Exceptional service. Food was good, maybe very good for a buffet. space is a bit limited, thus offerings are similarly limited. Also kids abound, most well behaved (I suppose this is to be expected on mothers day, but I personally hate it -- and I have kids) and the space is a bit crammed with tables. seems like a few more than normal. Overall a very nice brunch, though a bit pricey and the addition of a compulsory gratuity (for a party of three) is a bit much in a buffet situation. Having said that, the server was fantastic and was duly awarded an additional gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was non-existentOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/12/2013We went for their special Mother's day brunch and made reservations on Open Table for 9:30am. When we got there they told us the brunch didn't start until 10, but that we could sit and have coffee, tea and juice until then. Disappointing, but not much we could do. Drinks would have been nice, except not a single server came by. We sat neglected for more than a half an hour until we decided (after seeing other guests eating) that the buffet must have opened. I had to pour my own orange juice after spotting it on a nearby counter. Also my husband had to go to the bar and get our (complimentary) mimosas, as we had a server come by maybe twice the whole two hours we were there. The food itself was decent enough, but the service, unsatisfactory.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our evening...greatdinerVIPDined on 5/11/2013We enjoyed our evening...great food...we were given at a round table for 8 which we requested.....always enjoy our Faz experienceSpecial Features: