1108 North Mathilda Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94089Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fazrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4087528000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 10:00pm;
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4:00pm- 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Faz Poursohi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Call for details
- Entertainment: Piano Week nights
A word from Faz Sunnyvale
Faz Sunnyvale is a full service restaurant and bar offering guests a comfortably elegant ambiance with modular indoor and outdoor seating. Enjoy the distinctive Mediterranean style cuisine of Faz Poursohi . Whether dining in the warm, Galleria dining room, outside on the large courtyard patio, or at the antique Parisian bar, you’ll be wowed by the fabulous food, the great selection of wine & spirits, and the staff’s friendly knowledgeable service, all offered at an incredible value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Faz Sunnyvale - Best Restaurants in Sunnyvale ›
Faz Sunnyvale reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (32)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (6)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Plain average..JuleDined on 9/7/2014It's an OK, satisfactory place for on the road dining..Nice waiter. Nothing memorable for sure. They have quite a varied menu..It's just plain average. It's OK food. I would not go back . I was looking for a fancier place. I don't like to hurt their feelings but it's just nothing special.
- Great service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/2/2014It was my 2nd visit. And on my first visit there were two options on the menu that caught my eyes, one was kebab (after all it's a Mediterranean restaurant) for $16 and the 2nd one was a lobster and scallop pasta for $26. I picked the later one and absolutely loved it. After bragging about the lobster pasta I took my clients to Faz but to our surprises it wasn't a regular item on the menu. I asked the waiter if he could do anything about it and he made it happened for us! We gave him big tips after.Special Features:
- Snobbish greeter. Food just OKDatendineDined on 8/22/2014Missing salad plate. Waiter just casually picked up from other table. Nothing special abt restaurant.Special Features:
- Faz Business LunchhistandardsVIPDined on 8/14/2014Went back to Faz for a business lunch and was pleased once again with the quality and freshness of the food, the promptness of the service, and the open and airy atmosphere. Love the decor which is warm wood, but modern. Also I appreciate that the noise level isn't too bad, such that business or social conversations are easy to conduct and also possible to keep private.Special Features:
- So so...HumboldtCtDined on 8/5/2014Great food with good music. Service is a bit unpleasant - server will pick up your unfinished plates without even asking (very awkward). They do this if you don't order enough food. I find this behavior very rude. I'm not sure if we are coming back to this place nor will ever recommend this rest to others.Special Features:
- Horrible experiencePeggyVIPDined on 7/31/2014The hostess are inexperience. the food was horrible. we ordered an appetizer :Calamari, when it came to the table, there were 8 or 9 pieces, I told the server this must be a mistake, it can't be only 9 pieces of small soggy calamari, he took it back and return with few more ..it was tasteless and cold. My coworker and I both ordered steak salad. I ordered medium rare but the steak came in all cooked. I didn't even bother to have them take it back. The salad is ALL Spinach and few chunks of tasteless beef. This is the worst restaurant I've ever been to.
- Great food, good service in 101/237bigwindsDined on 7/23/2014If you want great Med. food, this is the place to go...the kabobs are a must do! The service is good, was great, but they are so crowded every day as they are the last business lunch restaurant in the area.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and tastyMaddyDined on 7/15/2014Faz is a great place for all types of events. I have been going to Faz since they opened for all types of events. From a celebration to a company dinner or lunch and meet up with the girls for Happy Hour. The staff is friendly and the food is always fresh and tasty. Very accommodating to any dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch and good food!TrustyVIPDined on 7/11/2014A couple colleagues and I had a great lunch at Faz on Friday. We ordered the Salmon, Lobster Pasta and kabobs and it was very tasty. The fish however was slightly overcooked and dry and if seasoned ahead of time with salt and pepper would have tasted even better. The only complaint was the service was very slow to start with. We sat at least 15-20 minutes before anyone came over to ask for drinks! This resulted in lunch taking 1.5 hours instead of 1 hour, getting me late to my next meeting in the office!Special Features:
- SalesmanagerDined on 7/8/2014Faz is in the Sheraton hotel in Sunnyvale. The food is very good and the chef always has fresh specials. It is very convenient to the freeway, so a good place to meet for business. The tables are a bit close together and the noise level is high. If you want to talk business and the weather permits, they have a nice outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch spot.ValdineDined on 6/27/2014Atmosphere is high energy. Food quality and service is excellent. This place should not be a well kept secret but we forgot about it until reviewing near by options on Yelp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and not-so-good.JulieYVIPDined on 6/24/2014I had the rolled chicken kabob, my friend had the chicken kabob. Both were wonderful!!! Moist and delicious. Fortunately for her, she substituted roast potatoes for the rice. She said potatoes were quite good. The rice was flavorless. I ate two bites. We shared the roasted beet salad which would have been too large as a pre-meal salad for just one person. It was uniquely and beautifully presented, but the ingredients just didn't work together for me: beet, cucumber, orange and goat cheese. And the orange slices were full of seeds. The saffron-pistachio ice cream was interesting...it tasted more like rosewater than saffron -- very unusual so worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MightyMulDined on 6/17/2014Anemic wine list. Food was bland though presented well. Wait staff and hostess were excellent and the only bright spot.
- Great mealbizdiner2Dined on 6/5/2014The food was delicious. I would say timing was not so good, we took one our largest customers and our conversation was interrupted a couple of times to place our food order while in the middle of an important discussion. Felt like the pace was a little rushed and we needed quality time with our customer...of course the food was wonderful and rest of the service high level.Special Features:
- Great Place, Great FoodMatttDined on 6/2/2014Hell of a restaurant. At the Sheraton; lots of Silicon Valley business type, but still great for a date!Special Features:
- Faz lunchDineDay1LoseDay2Dined on 5/30/2014Faz used to have a good Caesar salad for lunch. I was disappointed this time. Chicken was dry; dressing mediocre. Too noisy inside. Recommend that if you eat at Faz that you sit outside so you can communicate with your lunch companion. Price did not match the food this time.Special Features:
- The following 484 reviews are from the Faz Sunnyvale reviews archive.
- Food good, but service slipplingbigwindsDined on 5/22/2014Faz is the only restaurant in a growing area in the 237/101 area....waitor had too many tables and service suffered...food was good as usual but experience not as good as past few months...be careful!Special Features:
- You Don't Want to Eat Here!phyloDined on 5/18/2014What dismal service! I made reservations through Open Table and got there on time. We probably didn't need to make the reservations though, it was pretty empty. There was a class going on in the hotel and large party sitting outside on the patio. The waiter took us to the table and seated us. He took out drink order - came back, took our order. The we didn't see him for 40 full minutes! At some point in that 40 minutes, the class in the hotel let out for a break. Our waiter was their coffee guy, so we were just out of luck until they went back to class. He finally brought the food, which was pretty good. But certainly not worth that lack of attention. Save yourself some frustration - don't eat here!
- Fantastic business lunch locationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/16/2014Great atmosphere for a business lunch. The bacon wrapped scallops were absolutely amazing. Everyone at my table enjoyed their food and the timing of it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was expecting more.HugoWDined on 5/11/2014We made reservations for mother's day and my wife's B'Day. To my surprise the menu was really scant in options, but the food tasted good. There was supposed to have a glass of champagne for mother's day (in the advertisement) but we were not even offered that, though they came up with a little piece of tiramisou with a candle (at my nephew's request only), didn't check if that was charged or not. Maybe it was too late and the personnel was just ready to wrap it up but the place is very big and at that hour (8:30PM) looked and felt empty.Special Features:
- Bad Mothers Day VistNothappycustomerDined on 5/11/2014This past Mothers Day my wife and I had a very unpleasant visit to Faz! We haven't eaten there for sometime. The day prior I made dinner reservation through open table. I was glad they had an opening, especially for our group of 6. We arrived about 10 minutes till our reservation think that was the smart thing to do because it would be busy! Quite the contray very slow. Only about 14 tables out of 30-40 full. My party and the person in front of us waited for 15 after my reservation to be acknowledge. This after I went into the sitting area to get the hostes! He then went on to say "we may not want to eat here because they are very short staffed". My main complaint is why did they continue to take reservations? We found another restutant!!
- Terrible ExperiencejwsuDined on 5/11/2014This was literally the worst dining experience I have ever had in my life. We went here on Mother's Day and made reservations for a party of four. The service was extremely slow. Two waiters trying to cover the whole restaurant. There were dirty dishes and linens sitting on stands and tables scattered around the restaurant. The restaurant was horribly understaffed. We had to wait a long time to get our order taken, the food took a long time, and it seriously tasted HORRIBLE. The food is around $20 per dish and it was disgusting. My mom's dish was burned and we had to send it back. My husband ordered the filet mignon and the waiter didn't even ask how he wanted it cooked. I honestly would not come here again even if someone paid me to.
- Worst Mother's Day BrunchFabulousVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was the worst Brunch all three of us in our group have ever had. There was hardly any variety for breakfast items - more geared towards Iranian food. For the price ($45 per person) only the omelets were decent. But then mot toast or the usual breakfast breads!! Almost seemed like this was the first time for them to do this. Even the food containers were not marked and we had to open each one to see what was in it. The omelet station was on the opposite side of the rest of the buffet and its location was in a corner and not properly marked. The whole outing was terrible. Total waste of money. This restaurant is Zagat rated? Unbelievable.
- Good food. Sub par service.EstjohnDined on 5/6/2014I was very disappointed in the service level at Faz. We had to ask for water after sitting with empty glasses for about 20 min. We had paper menus where everyone around us had normal menus - no idea why. We had to continuously ask for drink refills. The place was not full so I'm not sure what the issue was but despite the good entrees the service was poor enough that I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Great Med. food in Silicon ValleybigwindsDined on 5/2/2014Great Mediterranean food in Silicon Valley with great service and great business location. The kabobs are a do not miss.Special Features:
- Not great, but ok. Nice settingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/30/2014The food is just ok, but it has great outdoor seating and is bustling at lunch. There isn't much around this area, so selection is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faz has really gone downhill...restaurantsbeatcookingVIPDined on 4/29/2014In the past Faz has been a solid place for work functions, either lunch or dinner. On my recent visit I was shocked to see the decline. The ambiance was chaotic, the service inattentive at best, and the food mediocre in taste and unappetizing in appearance. What happened?
- Faz ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014The service was good, the place was a bit too loud for my taste, and the food was not what this foodie was looking forward to. Perhaps I ordered the wrong dish...Special Features:
- Best Business lunch in 101/237 areabigwindsDined on 4/23/2014Faz is the last restaurant standing for business lunches in 237/101 area. Great food, great service, and good location to freeways. A must do for the power lunch crowd!Special Features:
- Not enough to feed a rabbit.UnhappyBunnyDined on 4/20/2014Went to the Easter Brunch which me and my family have been going there for the past 4 years. We all decided at the table on Sunday that this would be the last time we would come here for Easter Brunch. We were VERY disappointed in the food choices they had. They should hire a new chief. They had prime rib I got a big fat piece of fatty meat. You had nothing that goes with prime rib such as vegtables or mash potatoes. There was less food to pick from. The food just was tasteless. So the only thing we ate was the raw fish,salads, desserts. We paid over $200 dollars for the worst food.Special Features:
- Faz ' Great!EasteratFazDined on 4/20/2014Second Easter brunch with family. Place is spacious, bright and cheerful. Indoor looks to outside patio through French doors, beyond which is the greens and a nice gazebo(place for kids to run around, egg hunt without disturbing the dinners). 2014 food varieties seemingly shrank but appetizers station, salad stations and hot food stations remain excellent. prime rib and ham station excellent. Dessert can be better. Creme Brulee quite excellent.A room decorated with easter theme was available for picture taking was quite creative. So was the visit from Mr.Rabbit. My family enjoyed the time very much. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service exceptional, food ordinaryDiningoutDined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch on the patio at Faz was a wonderful way to spend the morning. The staff was very attentive and quick to address any request. The food was good, but not any better than what I could have made at home. Perhaps they aren't a normal buffet restaurant. I would go back for a traditional sit down meal, but not a brunch.Special Features:
- Awesome Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014There was a lot of choices from appetizers, salads, drinks and main courses. Food was awesome! :) Will recommend to others.Special Features:
- Great dinner and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2014Went to Faz for a going away party and had delightful service and food. My boss and one of our associates had been there before, and they are Persian, so they know good Mediterranean food. The complimentary bread was wonderful, and we also had the Mediterranean Platter to sample the stuffed grape leaves, hummus, tabouleh, and roasted eggplant puree. One of my colleagues had the roasted beet salad--so pretty and tasty! We pretty much all shared our dishes and found the rolled beef kabob and the scallops to be the best. The baklava was a tasty dessert, and the bar area seemed hopping when we went through to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service -OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/27/2014Great service - attentive, smart and funny. Some dishes were noticeably tasty; others were like you can easily make at home. Nice presentation.Special Features:
- Great food but ...PamelaDined on 3/19/2014Although I will certainly go back again, there was a noticeable lack of organization at the hostess station. there was a line of people going out the door and everyone had reservations! The host/hostess staff just was not getting people seated promptly. I thought maybe this was a one-time fluke due to an unexpected staff shortage but the person I was standing in line with said it's always like that at lunch time. The food was excellent but we had to flag down our server to get the bill. Maybe dinner time service is better? ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressed with theiluv2dineVIPDined on 3/16/2014Was not impressed with the server. And they charged us 20% service charge which I did not think he deserved. However, the food is pretty consistent here. The only reason I ate here was that I knew you did not have to fight the crowd for lunch on a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingValuvs2dineVIPDined on 3/12/2014This was my first time here and I must say, I was impressed. I invited a group from work and asked for a semi-private dining area for our small party. The room they set up was absolutely perfect - I was really impressed. The service was attentive and easy. Everyone was very kind and accommodating. And the food! Oh my goodness, the food was far better than I expected. Most of my coworkers have been there many times, but this was my first, and it won't be my last. The chicken in the Chicken Kabob Salad was seasoned perfectly - very flavorful, and the greens were lightly dressed. The saffron ice cream with pistachios was really interesting, and it was served with a delicious, chocolate chip cookie. Faz has a unique menu - I'm in a fan.Special Features:
- I haven't been to this FazF3OIDined on 3/5/2014I haven't been to this Faz in years............but after the recent visit in March- I can say that I will plan my business gatherings here from now on. A perfect location where its a far cry from those chains and strip mall joints that seem to invade our current options. Glad to have this gem where food and ambience are top notch without feeling too stuffy! Keep up the excellent status......you deserve it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good standby restaurant formarkVIPDined on 2/26/2014Good standby restaurant for business lunch or dinner. Nice décor, good service, quiet enough that you can carry on a business conversation. Not a place for dates or special events.