5121 Hopyard Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fazrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9254600444x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 9:30am, Saturday and Holidays: 7:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 7:00am - 9:30am;
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Faz Poursohi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Jessica at FAZ Catering to set up your special event.
- Entertainment: Light jazz and popular standards Mon-Fri 5pm-7pm in our cocktail lounge.
- Special Events: From private cooking classes to team buildings to holiday parties to weddings-Let us take care of you and your guests! Call today to set up your special event.
A word from Faz Pleasanton
Faz Pleasanton is a perfect place for an intimate dinner for two, an evening out with a group of family and friends, or business entertaining. Our chef draws inspiration from both contemporary and traditional styles of Mediterranean cooking to create unique, distinctive dishes. We offer semi-private areas to private rooms; ranging in capacity from 10 people to 250 people. Our friendly banquet staff will work with you to make sure your event is the perfect location for your needs. Faz delivers both great food and relaxing atmosphere. Our goal is to ensure you and your guests enjoy every moment of your special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Faz Pleasanton reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (8)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- 1 Server for whole restaurantNilesDogLoverDined on 10/28/2014meant that we, overall, had bad service. I regularly patronize Faz in Sunnyvale and have never been disappointed. This is the third time in Pleasanton with the same result: bad - or really - no service. One time we waited at the bar more than 20 minutes and never got served because, during happy hour, there was one bar tender. This time, like the last, there just are no servers so there just is no service. Pity because, once the order was corrected and delivered, the food was hot and very good. If you don't mind no service for the good food, knock yourself out.
- IT IS A QUIET PLACEJoe4dinnerDined on 9/29/2014IF YOU ARE HAVING A MEETING IT'S A GREAT PLACE. THE FOOD WAS OK BUT MY CHICKEN TIGHS WERE OK, BUT I HAD SIMILAR CHICKEN IN OTHER SIMILAR RESTAURANTS THAT WERE MUCH BETTER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAZ-Persian food in unlikely placeGsryDined on 9/17/2014Faz in Pleasanton is located in the Four Points Hotel building--an unexpected location for Faz---as its downtown Danville restaurant is standalone on Hartz Ave. You don't expect Persian kebobs in a decidedly mid-scale hotel setting. But here it is. Easy to find on Hopyard just off I-580. Plenty of parking. First impression was vibrant bar scene and only a few diners at 7pm. Service was attentive, menu was a pleasant surprise. Angus Sirloin kebobs were wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointedTinaDined on 9/14/2014We walked in and with a reservation and told us they didn't have one for us. They did accommodate with limited food selection. Service was not that good. We had to wait and the appetizer came with lunch. It was a birthday celebration but would not recommend this poor service to anyone. I was married in this hotel 14 years ago and was very surprised at the downgrade in service.
- nwlmsDined on 9/12/2014Easy on-line reservation, food good, waiter competent and attentive, but did miss a soup dish. Happy-hour crowd in the bar area a bit noisy for the dinner area. Next time I'll request a table either outside or further away from the noise.Special Features:
- the restaurant time forgotdisappointedVIPDined on 9/11/2014The ambiance and decor are very dated, however clean. The food just really couldn't be any worse: the fries were positively chewy in a truly terrible way. Even the salad dull and lifeless. Service was slow despite an empty seating area, but kind. Will definitely not return, ever.
- All FAZ Restaurants are not equal.Danville2Dined on 8/30/2014Pleasanton Faz should be avoided at all costs. We regularly dine at the Danville restaurant and enjoy the ambiance and food. Saturday's visit was very unsatisfactory both from the point of view of the management and the food. After a very slow start our order was taken and wine ordered and a Scotch for one guest and soft drink for another. The wine arrived but the other drinks did not. The meal arrived at that time. Eventually my husband went to the Bar and confronted the manager on the poor service and reminding him that we had been ignored and treated offhandedly ever since walking in the door. From that point on, the waiter did pick up the pace and apologized for the delays. This restaurant discredits the FAZ chain.
- Very decent foodomizzleVIPDined on 8/19/2014I've been to the Pleasanton Faz as of late, but I've also been to the other locations. The food is decent and the ambiance is okay, the service has been hit or miss. Nothing about this restaurant blows me away, I had a salad with the chicken kabob last time which was pretty good. It's usually easy to get a table and they have a lot of room so great if you need a table for 6-8Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceWaitertrainingNeeded11Dined on 8/8/2014With only two other tables being served, our young/inexperienced waiter took excessive time to hand out menus. After ordering a Stinger(aspperitif) he brought me something green, not a stinger(white creme de menthe & brandy). Much later , he brought the main courses, and was surprised when we asked where the appetizer was. He made no concessions. After dinner, I asked for the after dinner drink menu. He said we don't have that. We came at 6:25, and finished at 8:00, way tooo long, when we were only 1 of three table in the place. Jim Santa Maria 925-705-8623263 Vineyard Av. SP 87,Pleasanton,94566Special Features:
- Perfunctory but pleasantMcValentineVIPDined on 8/1/2014Faz Pleasanton is really just a suburban hotel dining room. The staff was pleasant. The ambience was non-existent. The food was very ordinary. With the exeption of three or four middle eastern or Persian dishes the menu was standard hotel issue. A restaurant for the tired business traveler, perhaps.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/17/2014My daughter and I searched OPEN TABLE for a within a particular mile range of our final destination. We chose FAZ. Not sure why, but we did. We have several dietary restrictions and FAZ seemed to have a little more of what we both could eat. It is located inside of a hotel. We were seated at a window seat which gave us a nice view of the hotel pool. We could have had a nice view anywhere we sat because we were literally the ONLY people in the restaurant. Service was superb. Although I ordered calamari as an appetizer and my main meal arrive first. I took the calamari to go. But reheated calamari is horrible. Limited lunch menu.Dinner menu is better. My daughter told them it was my birthday and they did nothing. DISAPPOINTEDSpecial Features:
- The following 290 reviews are from the Faz Pleasanton reviews archive.
- servicegbellDined on 6/29/2014The service was well placed. I enjoyed the quiet ambience of Faz.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/7/2014Our bar order came AFTER main entree served (1 glass wine & 1 diet coke)- 4-5 tables occupied on a Saturday evening
- excellentTylerHofingaVIPDined on 6/4/2014Very good food. very nice location, overlooking pool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotilovefoodVIPDined on 6/3/2014I'm always skeptical dining in hotel restaurant. Our group was pleasantly surprised by Faz. The food and the service was great. We had a table of 9 and had to get out in an hour. The staff at Faz were really accommodating and was able to get us in and out in an hour without feeling rushed or disappointed by the food. As for the food, we ordered many different dishes, but what stood out was the kabobs and chicken kabob salad, and the different spreads and pita bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had higher expectations!NinzDined on 5/25/2014I was expecting a bigger size dish for the amount i was paying. The food was good but not great.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchQueenbee47Dined on 5/25/2014Took my family for Sunday Brunch to celebrate my husband's birthday. It was perfect. The food was fresh, tasty and the mimosas were an added delight!Special Features:
- excellentTylerHofingaVIPDined on 5/23/2014Excellent as always. faz has been in business over 30 years in san francisco bay area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A late Mother's DayBigBearsDined on 5/17/2014When we could get our group tighter for Mother's day we decided on celebrating a week later, and chose Faz in Pleasanton. Our appointment was for 1 pm and when we got there we were seated right away. Everybody enjoyed they food, including my very fussy 8 years old granddaughter. It was definitely a very nice experience, and will use the Restaurant again in the near future.Special Features:
- Mothers DayhelipilotDined on 5/11/2014The brunch was ok, expected a bit more variety, the warm dishes got cool fast. I didn't feel the food was reflected in the cost.
- RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Under question #2 I suggest you add a "box" for "it's quiet"! Most restaurants are just too darn noisy; your's is not. For those of us over 65, this is an important criterion for choosing a restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014I am a vegan and appreciate having vegan options; and, or vegan adaptable options. I also appreciate the healthful quality of your food itself. While the noise level was not an issue at diner, at breakfast it was blaring rock & roll. It was not desirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAZMusselsVIPDined on 4/29/2014Restaurant located in a major chain hotel in Pleasanton and that turns many people away thinking it will be a typical over-priced, average restaurant, but food at this location is decent and prices are reasonable for the quality. There were very few diners on the evening we were there so we were surprised why service by our waiter was so slow and infrequent visits to our table. Quantity of food was huge. I ordered the lamb shank and the shank was literally covered with rice as there had to be at least 5 cups of it. The volume soaked up too much of the juices of the lamb shank and therefore made it very dry. My partner's smoke pork chop was also covered with vegetables next to a generous portion of pork.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Went here for Easter dinner and the food was really delicious and the staff very friendly. Would come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing AtmosphereSteveMDined on 4/20/2014Great for a nice quiet, slow dinner. Good food, good service and not rushed so they can turn tables.Special Features:
- Reliable Brunch for HolidaysblondieDined on 4/20/2014Although I gave 3 stars for the food being good at our Easter brunch, some of it was actually very good. That would include the prime rib, shrimp and the Lox (smoked salmon). There were a few disappointments which included the Bloody Mary's, completely bland, and cold/over cooked eggs benedict. The service was excellent and all staff was very friendly. This brunch is slightly over priced for the Pleasanton area.Special Features:
- Very pleasamt for lunchbelliniDined on 4/17/2014The food was nicely prepared and beautifully plated. We shared the fried calamari appetizer and were pleasantly surprised by the size of the portion. I had the Mediterranean appetizer platter for lunch. The baba ganoush was really good; the tabbouleh and the couscous were, to my taste, under-seasoned. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Menu has changedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014We preferred some of the ethnic dishes Faz used to serve. Our servers Alberto and José were absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service Good FoodAlexDined on 3/11/2014Food was good but service was slow. We were among the first few people in the restaurant and ordered quickly. After having to ask about our food and request the bill, lunch took an hour and a half and we were late to a business meeting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Faz of Christmas past....LindaluDined on 3/9/2014My husband and I so loved eating at Faz in the city and in Danville. The Sunday brunch at Faz Pleasanton was mediocre and that's not what we expected given the quality of their dinner service. We won't be returning to this location.
- Service here is perenniallyOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/21/2014Service here is perennially slow. Took 5 minutes to get seated, because no one was at greeter area. Told server I was pressed for time and he did his best to accommodate. As is often the case with Faz, what is described on the menu is not what shows up on your plate. Ordered the chicken kabob with roasted vegetables. Came out with steamed broccoli and cauliflower. This place is always just short of expectations and disproportionately priced for what is provided.
- Good food, but no time to enjoy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I really love the food here, and servers were nice; however, we felt rushed. Overall, the experience was just okay. It was Valentine's Day, so it would have bee nice to relax and enjoy it a bit. Instead, even though I told the server we were in no hurry, it felt like we were being pushed through the meal--from course one.
- Unhappy ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We went to Faz for Valentine's Day. Our first as a married couple. The menu was unimaginative and not well thought out or executed, the staff rushed us through our meal and the food was awful. Most of the menu was seafood, which is not the restaurants specialty and definitely not our preferred cuisine of choice. The seafood was beyond awful. The shrimp bisque smelled fishy and the lobster was rubbery and inedible. If you are going to do a limited menu for a holiday stick to what you know and what your customers have come to expect from you.
- Odd Valentine’s dinner at FazDrSweerDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had the most bewildering Valentine’s dinner at Faz … fixed price menu with no veggie options… manager said I should have known about the fixed menu because it’s on their website… because I’ve been to the restaurant before and made the reservation online through OpenTable, there wasn’t anything that compelled me to run to their website and check the menu for restrictions… I found it weird the manager was perfectly content blaming me for not checking the website… The bill came and they had charged us for two fixed price dinners AND the Mediterranean platter and veggie kabob… brought it to their attention… agonizing experience getting it fixed by the manager... bad combination of lazy/incompetent/disengaged... good luck...
- 0 CELL ZONEGMSRPDined on 2/6/2014FAZ HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY CHOICE THIS DECADE TO COME AND GET AWAY FROM THE HECTIC WORLD. WHERE ONE OR MORE CAN ENJOY GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE AND NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO EVEN 1 CELL PHONE RING DURING A PLEASANT MEAL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/31/2013I overheard the manager telling a guest that they were understaffed. It was Christmas Eve and people all around us were waiting for a long time for service. It took about 15 minutes for our waiter to come by to acknowledge us. We were served bread by another 'server' before the waiter came. Once he took our order, we waited about another 15-20 minutes. Once we received our food, he never came back asking if we wanted a refill or another cocktail (which I did want). At the end, when he came back with the check and asked us if we wanted dessert, we needed to leave immediately since we had another engagement. Even if the restaurant was understaffed, if the waiter was on his toes, he would have been able to handle the orders.
- Not as we remember itJustmeDined on 12/31/2013We have dined at Faz off and on over the past few years, so we decided it would be a good place to celebrate New Years Eve. Unfortunately it did not got as planned. They were short of wait staff so it took a while to do our order. The food was luke warm when it came out and they they were slow in bringing the check. The last straw was when they brought the check, the manager came over and said can you hurry and sign it and leave, we have a party waiting for your table.Special Features:
- Quiet Hidewaywineanddine62VIPDined on 12/30/2013My wife and I were joined by our friends on December 30,2013. Located next to the Sheraton Four Points Hotel (Faz is aligned with Sheraton in other cities as well). I was surprised at how dead it was. There were only three other groups there when we were dining. The food overall was good. We started with the complimentary flat bread and the sauce it comes with. The sauce was very good. The ladies both ordered the pomegranate chicken dish and both said it was very good. My friend ordered the shish kabob and said it was good but having had tasted his wife pomegranate chicken he said her dish was better and he would order that next time. I had the barg kabob. It was very good. Dessert was mud pie. All in all it was a good find.Special Features:
- Nice Holiday MealMAC13Dined on 12/25/2013Great food and excellent service. It was bit noisy but it was still tolerable. The food was excellent as well as the service and the staff were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Holiday buffetlolaDined on 12/25/2013The restaurant was very lovely, the room was nice, staff cordial and prompt. Food was excellent. Plenty and kept full for buffet.Special Features: