600 Hartz Avenue
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fazrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9258381320x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm ;
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Faz Poursohi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Surrounded by redwood trees, our gorgeous Danville location is one of the most sought after venues! Custom menus & on-site event coordinators.
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday & Friday Nights
A word from Faz Danville
Faz Danville offers celebrated Mediterranean cuisine including dishes such as our fragrant pizzas & fresh flat bread prepared in our wood-burning oven! An inviting patio in a redwood grove is at the heart of this restaurant. Floor to ceiling glass in the lounge, dining and banquet rooms brings the ambiance of the patio into our guests year round.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Faz Danville - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Faz Danville reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (50)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (24)great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)scenic view (10)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Always goodDanvilleDudeDined on 9/23/2014Excellent food and always good. Thanks for helping with the large table. It was good all around.Special Features:
- LunchDvineDined on 9/23/2014This is the best place. Beautiful outdoor dining with tall trees rock wall water fountain very tranquil. Great food at great prices. Service is wonderful. It's been around for a long time but never ceases to impress.Special Features:
- Bad weekend to goPoor5erviceDined on 9/21/2014There was a car show and I thougjt they were going to be prepared to serve but that was not the case, they had a limited menu, we ordered a sandwich that was supposed to come with fries and they didnt tell us they run out of fries until they served us the food. Really bad experience for a $14.00 sandwich.Special Features:
- Great night outElguapoDined on 9/19/2014I took my daughter for a special occasion hoping for a quiet table where we could talk and found perfect ambiance for us. Unlike other nice restaurants in the area, the tables are more than 6 inches apart. The filet Kababs were very good and the chocolate mud pie was incredible. Our server was very attentive and made some helpful recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat was toughGattopardoDined on 9/10/2014I ordered the tri-tip sandwich and the meat was so tough I couldn't chew it!Special Features:
- Delicious and DelightfulJoy2theworldDined on 9/9/2014Faz creates an ambience that allows you to feel you are up in the mountains surrounded by the giant redwoods while right in the heart of downtown Danville. The food is delicious and the offerings numerous. My favorites include the brick oven chicken and the pecan chocolate pie!Special Features:
- Service has declinedCarsonVIPDined on 9/6/2014Faz was one of my go to locations for dinner for quite some time. After not going for a year or so I noticed a big difference in the service. It was very slow and I had to ask to repeatedly for everything. The food was fine, but a bit dry. Definitely a decline from where it was. I really hope they improve.Special Features:
- What you want is what you getRussandMarilynVIPDined on 9/5/2014FAZ is changing the menu and is in transition right now...we have our favorites and they were not on the new menu...but we asked, and we got them...fabulous. The Executive Chef came out to meet us and we talked over menu items...she noted that they need to keep some of the super favorites that regulars love...and that will be done...overall, a fabulous time and super food.Special Features:
- Don't goSteveVIPDined on 8/29/2014Faz is worn, tired and well past its prime. We used to be frequent diners -- five years ago -- and decided to try it again. The deck furniture looks old. The deck planks are soft. The food is bad. Lamb shank was tasteless and the portion was small. The special petrale sole reminded us of a dish from a family coffee shop. A gentleman who we assumed to be the host was odd; he did not know the ingredients of dishes and was awkward in his appearance. The waitress was slightly dismissive of him. And for all this, a high price. We will not return any time soon.
- Sit under the starsWytocaDined on 8/27/2014Faz has the most delightful outdoor dining. You sit outside among the redwoods with a view of the stars. A rock waterfall providing a nice backdrop and a feeling of privacy. It is one of the nicest outdoor spaces in the Bay area.Special Features:
- LexigirlDined on 8/27/2014We were happy with our experience. The only advice would be that waiters should get the right dish to the right person. I ordered medium meat in my hamburger as did one other guest. The third guest ordered medium rare which is the plate I was given. By the time I received my plate the other person had taken a bite so I ate part of my meal and left the rare. I brought these three ladies to Faz because I always like the outside patio ... so did they. It was their first time at your restaurant. Two of the ladies are from out of town. The third lady and myself are from Danville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014We recently celebrated a birthday and Faz for the bill for a great lunch! The atmosphere was relaxing and friendly. The menu offers a balance selection for every palate. To sum it up in one word - tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food / Slow ServiceHappyDinerDined on 7/29/2014The menu has many great selections and the food is great. Great ambiance and setting. Friendly service, but very slow. On a slow weeknight, it took 50 minutes to get our entrée. The complimentary pita and sauce were not a great substitute for a very slow kitchen. Will definitely return, but only when I know I have enough time to waste an hour or so before eating.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent RestaurantGritboyVIPDined on 7/26/2014We have been patrons of Faz Danville for 20 years, and it always delivers excellent food and service in a very inviting atmosphere. The outdoor dining is the best in the East Bay, with a large enclosed deck, graced by several tall redwood trees. The salmon is always superb - the best we get at any restaurant. Danville has many excellent restaurants, and we dine out a lot. Faz is among the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReliableTravelgurudanvilleVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have been comingto Faz as long as the restaurant has been here, 25 or so years. What do we love? The beautiful outside deck set among huge redwoods and the tables set far enough apart so conversation is easy without having to strain to hear or needing to talk loud. The food is consistent and the nightly specials have always been good...particularly the fish. But the rest of the menu has not changed over the many years we have been frequenting the place, and while good, it would be nice to see it updated. It was nice to see some fresh new wait staff who were attentive, enthusiastic and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingstevejsDined on 7/22/2014Faz, it seems, has gone downhill from how it used to be. We visited the restaurant on a week night when it was not crowded and, despite this, received poor service overall. Our waitress did not take our order for almost 30 min., did not bring our drinks without several reminders, and did not check to see if our meals were okay once we received them. The rack of lamb we ordered was cooked rare, instead of medium-rare. At $32, this was not acceptable. We enjoyed one of the desserts (the chocolate pecan torte), but the other dessert was covered with a chocolate syrup, rather than a house-made chocolate topping, and disappointed. Though we have enjoyed dining at Faz in the past, we probably will not be back given this most recent experience.
- Surprisingly Poor Service1UnluckyExperienceDined on 7/22/2014We came in for our Anniversary, asked to sit outside but weather changed and ended up inside. Ordered the Rack of Lamb. First time it came out Well-done, Second time it came out Raw. Asked to speak with the Manager, and was told "No Manager on Duty". Could talk with either the Hostess or the Bartender. Wife ordered 16 oz. Tee-Bone Steak @ $32.00, and was told they were out, and substituted Filea. I was amazed that they charged the same price as Tee-Bone, and it was a very little piece of steak. Waitress offered to give us a Free Desert, brought it to the table, and spilled the cream. Thankfully, they did not charge for the Rack of Lamb. This was the first time this ever happened, maybe not a good idea to go during the middle of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill, needs a revampOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/19/2014The place could be great with the right people running it, needs a makeover bad. The outdoor setting could be awesome if they fixed it up. The old wood deck needs replacing, the tables and patio chair need replacing. The food quality needs improving, the items on special were good, but nothing from the menu were worth the price. I might return only for drinks to enjoy the patio, but that is it.
- Great local spotluv2eat4meDined on 7/10/2014The ambiance and service was excellent. Food was very good. Wine options excellent. The Thursday street fair blocked traffic access, unless you knew the alternate route. Therefore, the restaurant traffic was light. It meant we got extra attention. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caymanmama43VIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was good, ambiance by the water feature on the deck lovely, but the service was very slow. Then at the end of the meal, we were never asked about coffee and dessert. We had to request the menu and then wait again for the one dessert to arrive. In fact, one of our group had to leave before dessert or the check arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous outdoor seating!!Micheleb0706VIPDined on 7/5/2014My husband took me there for a special birthday celebration with another couple. It was simply perfect! A tiny bit noisy, give we were sitting outside right by the musician. Conversation was a little stretched...but that is so minor, I would not even call it a complaint. The food and service were top shelf. The ambiance sitting outside was perfection.Special Features:
- Intimate DiningKtDansrVIPDined on 6/20/2014Have enjoyed Faz for several years, for different occasions. Have attended several wonderful parties, both formal and casual. Food and drink service always exceptional. Bar service has always been top notch, whether ordering food or not. Table side service for 2 always seems to be slow as that must not be their top priority. My only complaint is the lack of vegetarian (preferably vegan) entrees. There are 2 items I can order without major modification. I'd love to see the chef get creative with vegetables! Us plant based diet folks are fast growing in number based on concerns for global warming in addition to health concerns. We'll be back as we dine out in Danville every Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerScooterDined on 6/15/2014Great setting in the trees. You'd never know you are in the middle of town. Nice range of dinner specials on top of an already-great menu. Great food. Waiter adjusted a number of items to accommodate dietary preferences. Very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation Dinner CelebrationHungryDinerDined on 6/13/2014Had a wonderful meal out on the beautiful patio. The service was taxed to the limit with the big crowd, but everyone was very pleasant and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- simply awful2000sfdinersDined on 6/13/2014Our white wine was warm when brought to table - we were told refrigerator was broken and told to put wine in ice bucket and wait for it to chill. Background musician thought he was giving a concert - music was very loud. Service was awful. Do not waste your money or time.
- Special that wasn'tWildaboutBoarDined on 6/13/2014My husband keeps telling me that at FAZ I have to stick with the pasta and other Mediterranean dishes. I ordered a fish "special" and it was so bland and boring I would have been embarrassed serving it for dinner at home. The crab cake disappointed as well. What has happened to FAZ???
- Danville Delighttreat2eatVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great wines, great food, great service. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedDWhiteDined on 6/7/2014We have been to Faz in Danville in the past for special occasions but this was by far our worst experience. The medium rare New York steak was very well done and we sent it back. Their expensive duck dish was dry. The chicken kabob was also dry. Because of the problem with the steak, the chef sent out a complimentary dessert dish for us to share but we would have rather had them take a portion off the bill since it was our son's birthday and we already had a homemade cake waiting for us at home. The patio tables and chairs are so old, outdated and dirty, I felt hesitant to sit down. They could update their outdoor furniture and clean it up a bit back there. We won't be back at those prices.
- Never againNotafanDined on 6/6/2014The staff was incompetent and inconsiderate. We left after drinks and went to another restaurant. The whole buzz at neighboring tables was about how disorganized and sub-par the service was. I have never waited so long for a drink.
- ServiceAnniversaryDined on 6/5/2014Service s very slow. WE have been to this restaurant several times and the service has been slow all of those times. The food this time was ordinary. We went especially for the steak and were disappointedSpecial Features:
- The following 739 reviews are from the Faz Danville reviews archive.
- UpdateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014The outdoor patio had a nice ambiance but it may be time to update the patio furniture especially the tables / chairs to compete with other restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014We were disappointed in the food. My wife and another in our party ordered a lamb entree. It did not taste good nor did it smell good. I think our waitress said they had taken it off the menu. A reliable restaurant would not have had it on the menu in the first place.
- A wonderful experiencegrassfedloverDined on 5/20/2014The rack of lamb was one of the best dishes I ever had. Served whole after being roasted in a wood burning oven, seasoned superbly with just the right touch of garlic and fresh herbs, served a medium rare as I asked. A rack from a small, young animal, not the old lamb that is so common today. Tender, so delicious I would take a bite, close my eyes, slowly chew the wonderful meat, and savor the experience. Served with perfectly roasted potatoes, crisp on the outside, tender on the inside. The broccoli and carrots also served were simple, yet delicious. Friendly competent service. The food took awhile to arrive, but tasted freshly cooked, not reheated. We enjoyed the view of redwoods while waiting. Relaxed and happy after the meal.Special Features:
- cfsimDined on 5/13/2014love the outdoor patio! The drinks were great and food is consistently yummySpecial Features:
- JulietDined on 5/11/2014I wish that I would have known that it was a buffet for Mother's Day Dinner. I was a bit disappointed by the food and very steep price for the Adult meal ($42.99).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiance at Faz4myfamilyoutingDined on 5/11/2014A great place for lunch or brunch, good service, excellent ambiance and reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchMarkDined on 5/11/2014The buffet was messy, food was not being replenished, food scrapes on the floor and around the dishes. Typical of a buffet the food was not had in some cases. Was a bad experience for Mother's day. We have had dinners there before without issue, but this was horrible. We expected expensive, but at 200 dollars for 4 people we had higher expectations.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014I took my mother here for brunch on Mother's day and it was outstanding. The food was delicious. There was a wide variety of items to choose from. But the service is what sold me. The wait staff was very attentive and sincere. What impressed me the most was Jonathan. He stopped by our table on more than one occasion to see how we were doing and to see if there was anything we needed. There was one hostess who was not very friendly and I just attributed that to the fact that maybe she didn't want to work on Mother's day.Special Features:
- great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We had a really great Mothers Day Brunch at Faz. The service was great, the food was great and we enjoyed out selves. The only downside was that we were first sat outside. The tables were too short (we are a pretty tall family). We requested to be moved indoors, which they happily did. The carving station was very good, buffet was great and we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, Gorgeous settingJimboDined on 5/11/2014Fa’s has long been a favorite for the wonderful outdoor setting among the redwoods, and for the delicious mediterranean fare. They did a wonderful job with mothers day brunch. All the traditional brunch fare, but also the worlds best baba ganoush, and a delicious selection of cheeses.Special Features: