Favorite Indian Restaurant - San Ramon
21001 San Ramon Valley Blvd.
San Ramon, CA 94583Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Favorite Indian Restaurant - San Ramon
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.favoriteindia.com/
- Phone: 9255609310
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Indian
- Executive Chef: Kuldip Singh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether the occasion is a birthday, a business meeting or an offsite arrangement, Favorite Indian Restaurant are able to provide you with the best Indian food, vegetarian or not, spicy or not! Check out our specials, for great food at great prices and we will deliver the food at your location with no extra charge.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room up to 50 person
- Private Party Contact: Manager 9255609310
A word from Favorite Indian Restaurant - San Ramon
Come to Favorite Indian Restaurant and enjoy the ultimate experience in fine Indian dining. We have been serving the people of East Bay with superb traditional Indian Cuisine for over 12 years. The relaxed, friendly atmosphere of our restaurants together with excellent service is something we take great pride in. We only serve North Indian food so you can really enjoy the genuine flavors. Our chefs have many years experience in home style Indian cooking and they share our desire to give you a meal you will remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Favorite Indian Restaurant - San Ramon reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent choices in buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2012Excellent choices in buffet and all the items are very good.Special Features:
- Excellent Fish Pakora. MangoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2012Excellent Fish Pakora. Mango Frozen yogurt is also my favorite dessert.Special Features:
- Had a delightful dining experience!JohnMartinVIPDined on 3/24/2012Had a delightful dining experience! Buffet was filled with a great variety of Indian delicacies! Service was impeccable!Special Features:
- Better than the average IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/10/2012Better than the average Indian restaurant. Very clean, good food, decent service. While the buffet was tasty the selection was about the same as other Indian restaurants
- We loved the vegetable samosasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/29/2012We loved the vegetable samosas and the tamarind dipping sauce. The tikka masala and the chicken biriyani were also good. The biriyani is a huge portion. The naan was excellent! I would come here again if in the area.
- Not sure what all the fussOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2012Not sure what all the fuss is about for this restaurant...the food was good but nothing to rave about. The atmosphere was just sad and needs a complete overhaul.
- I am no expert on Indian cuisine,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/6/2012I am no expert on Indian cuisine, but I've eaten here twice and everything I've ordered was delicious! I love curries and spicy foods. The dishes were aromatic and flavorful. The meats are cooked perfectly. Our server was very friendly and provided excellent service. Will return soon and try the buffet.Special Features:
- Decent Indian food. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/12/2012Decent Indian food. Service was slow, yet very kind. Will be back for sure. A lot of food and a great variety.
- Reasonable prices ad decentNummVIPDined on 1/6/2012Reasonable prices ad decent food, but the service was terrible. Very slow, long waits. They are understaffed.
- Great Buffet!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/4/2011We like coming here because the food is always good and we like being able to sit down quickly and start eating!Special Features:
- The Butter Chicken was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011The Butter Chicken was great. I think ordering from the menu is better than doing the buffet although the buffet brought in a lot of customers.Special Features:
- Went on a Friday night andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2011Went on a Friday night and it was BUSY! They serve a buffet dinner which looked good, but which we did not have. The price must have been right, as there were many families eating from the buffet. We chose the Thali dinner - mainly because we like service on a Thali set, and what we wanted to eat wasn't part of the buffet. Between the two of us, we had the channa masala and lamb vindaloo. I asked for the puris (pooris) in lieu of the naan, and they were very good - like the bhatura at Vik's (which I love). The lamb vindaloo was my husband's and it was very good, too! They have several Indian beer choices, which we like, because sometimes we feel like one over another.Special Features:
- Great food! They really needDavidVIPDined on 10/23/2011Great food! They really need someone at the front desk that understands English!
- We were not even offered aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2011We were not even offered a menu, told all they had was a buffet. Then a few other tables became occupied and those patrons got menus. Food was bland, not spicy and not particularly flavorful. Our server was essentially non existent. We will not be back.
- The food at Favorite IndianDavidVIPDined on 10/15/2011The food at Favorite Indian Restaurant was fantastic. The service was also good, except they weren't too sure what OpenTable was and I wasn't sure, at first, if they understood we had made our reservations through OpenTable. It would be easier to maneuver through if the host understood English a little better. I told them I had reservations for 7 pm; he understood I wanted a table for 7. It worked out in the end; and the food certainly made up for any deficiencies! I highly recommend their restaurant... we now have yet another great Indian restaurant to visit.Special Features:
- Great food!SanRamonDinerDined on 10/14/2011This neighborhood gem is a great value. Service is excellent and the variety of Indian dishes makes coming here a treat! The food is tasty and always fresh.Special Features:
- Maybe it was my timing, butsteve02aDined on 9/1/2011Maybe it was my timing, but I was there on a Thursday at 7pm and only one other couple was there. Very quiet in there. Food was delicious. Very nice variety on the menu. Waiter was fast and very helpful. This is a place I'll be returning to (esp. for their all you can eat lunch/dinner so I can sample other foods).Special Features:
- Evening Buffet was excellent,CathyDined on 7/30/2011Evening Buffet was excellent, many selections, very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Good Food - Small placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011I thought it was very nice place, but the place is very small and they are not able to accommodate big families. Nice place for groups of 4 or less.Special Features:
- Nice place. Friendly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/16/2011Nice place. Friendly service. Very good food. Great prices.Special Features:
- Great Indian buffet! AlltwgpVIPDined on 2/21/2011Great Indian buffet! All items are freshly prepared. LOVE the mango soft ice cream machine!! We come here atleast twice a month.Special Features:
- Good solid Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2011The lunch buffet is a good way to sample all the various items on the menu. The food was very good. Each dish had its own distinct spices without being overpowering. Fresh from the tandoori oven Nan kept coming as the bread basket emptied quickly. Service was good, they kept our water glasses and beverages filled, and provided new plates at appropriate intervals. The food at Favorite Indian is consistent each time we've dined there. Great addition to the neighborhood. This is the go-to place if I need an Indian food fix.Special Features:
- Staff was not helpful and/orOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/8/2011Staff was not helpful and/or friendly. When we arrived a man pointed to a table and left us there - no one asked if we wanted to order off the menu or have the buffet. The curries were watered down - not the rich sauces one would expect at an Indian restaurant. Tandoor chicken didn't have any flavor. We were not asked if we'd like a beverage but water was left on the table when we walked over to the buffet. My husband is Indian and we have eaten at most restaurant in the Tri Valley area - this one is not up to par.
- Favorite Indian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/7/2011Favorite Indian Restaurant was packed when we arrived and our reservation made no difference - we had approx 30 minute wait. The place was very understaffed as well. The food was buffet style at a good price and had good flavor although some of the food on the buffet was barely warm. The staff was friendly. I can't recommend this place, but we'll probably give it another try at some point. The friendly staff and good tasting food lead me to believe that we just hit a bad day.
- This place is fantastic! MyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2010This place is fantastic! My Nathan and I were blown away by the value.Special Features: