Favaloro's Big Night Bistro
545 Lighthouse Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Favaloro's Big Night Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.favalorosbignightbistro.com/
- Phone: 831-373-8523
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Nino and Marie Favaloro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for planning your menu.
A word from Favaloro's Big Night Bistro
This inviting and exciting bistro serves the best Italian and seafood fare in the area. Participants of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Program serving all sustainable foods. All is prepared when ordered and desserts and bread are made daily. A real mom and pop restaurant! Family run and operated where a husband and wife team do all the cooking and baking daily. Nino was also a commercial fisherman and has knowledge on fresh fish and shellfish. You have to try the Monterey Bay Spot Prawns and the Cioppino. Menu items include an array of appetizers, salads along with a fresh soup of the day and many pasta selections. Our Meats selections include milk fed veal and steaks. We also serve a large selection of fresh fish and shellfish and raw oysters. Nice evening specials nightly. Whether out for a romantic dinner for two or family and friends...we will make it a special night here at the Big Night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Favaloro's Big Night Bistro - Best Restaurants in Pacific Grove ›
Favaloro's Big Night Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (19)romantic (18)notable wine list (12)good for groups (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Great service and great food! A true family run restaurant. Highly recommend this restaurant for a anniversary or a special date!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalvinhayCalvinhayDined on 8/23/2014I loved Favaloro's! The food and service were excellent! My wife and I were dressed casually, felt "at home and welcomed. I might consider a sports coat when I return. Located in Pacific Grove, Favaloro's as a comfortable neighborhood feel.Special Features:
- FredDined on 8/22/2014Tried Favaloro's for the first time, and found a new favorite Pacific Grove/Monterey Restaurant. It was great. My wife and I brought three guests and we all agreed that we would return.Special Features:
- Charming and Delicioso!justforthehalibutDined on 8/16/2014What a charming, charming restaurant! I am soooo glad we booked this wonderful restaurant when we were in Monterey for Concours week. The food was absolutely delicious--beautifully prepared. And the service was the best service we had anywhere in the area (which is saying a lot). Do NOT overlook this lovely restaurant--its reviews and its photos do NOT do it justice: It is romantic and charming and everyone on site takes incredible pride in their work and in their chef's work. The restaurant is small, so RESERVE; people were lining up at the door outside while we were eating (but NO one rushed us one little bit). We shall return!Special Features:
- Glad to Have Discovered Favaloro's!WaiterDined on 8/16/2014We were in search of a good restaurant somewhat away from the tourist spots. What a discovery in Favaloro's! We had a wonderful dinner, with excellent and friendly service by Jesse. Menu prices are very reasonable. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJGaltDined on 8/15/2014Family run Italian restaurant, service very good, food very disappointing. Could have been my dish, pasta and meatballs, flavor ok, red sauce watery and bland.
- Nice local gem in Pacific GroveagrimmittDined on 8/15/2014This time I took six of my friends to dinner during the Monterey Historics. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServicePhilVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is an outstanding restaurant. We had two of the specials for dinner - sea bass cooked in paper and seafood over pene pasta in a fennel tomato cream sauce. Both were outstanding. The service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Molto Bene!musickmakerDined on 8/2/2014Friends of ours had recommended this restaurant to us and we weren't disappointed. This is not your typical Italian restaurant. The ambiance inside is like being in a lovely dinning room in someone's home. I ordered the special (short ribs braised in a wine reduction served over polenta con funghi) and my husband had cioppiono. Both were wonderfully prepared and presented. The wait staff was knowledgeable and engaging making the experience that much more fun. This is a place that we will return to. I would recommend reservations as it seems the restaurant fills up fast. We also found out that the can accomodate gluten free diners also. This is a plus for us.Special Features:
- Fantastic menuTraveldivaDined on 7/25/2014I needed a restaurant that could accommodate several peoples tastes and Favaloro's was the perfect choice with a wide range of seafood, Italian and meat dishes. I had the halibut and it was cooked perfectly. My husband had their seafood pasta medley special and it had a nice spicy sauce that didn't overwhelm the seafood flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with my parentsanonymousDined on 6/28/2014This was our 3rd visit. The special truffle gnocchi & seafood pasta were amazing. Salads are always great. Wait staff & hostess really know their stuff. Def'ly going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, nuff saidOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/26/2014We were vacationing on the Monterey Peninsula and we wanted something good but not major expensive or difficult to dealmwith (like manynof the restaurants on cannery row). I found this restaurant online and it sounded perfect. It was. Wines were priced right by the bottle, their menu had a good selection of Itslian Foods and fish. They had several daily specials that added to the menu. It was a nice, quiet small restaurant. The service was great, the ambience was not stuffy but was very comfortable. We will be back the next time we are in Monterey/Pacific Grove. A plus....parking was easy too.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceScottDined on 6/20/2014Our server Nick was great - friendly and knowledgable. The food was outstanding Gnocci melted in your mouth veal was tender and flavorful.Special Features:
- Pacific Grove TripNickioVIPDined on 6/17/2014Food was delicious and the service was excellent! Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Charming neighborhood gem2travelersDined on 6/7/2014This latest incarnation of Favoloro's, after a move across Lighthouse Avenue and a major kitchen fire, is cozy and classic Italian. Service is prompt and polite, with recommendations gently offered and water refilled without asking. The food is unpretentiously delicious and served in large portions; Caprese salad could easily feed two as an appetizer. The pastas are made fresh and supported by excellent sauces. Even the stereotypical "red sauce" had a homemade richness, and nicely balanced meat tortellini with mushrooms. Desserts run the gamut from cheesecake and chocolate cake to spumoni ice cream, the latter served in a large sundae glass and studded with juicy candied fruit. A lovely end to a relaxed, delightful meal. Buon gusto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary TreasureDaisyDined on 5/20/2014We hosted our wedding rehearsal dinner with the Favaloro's at their initial Pacific Grove location. This is a restaurant that we like to bring out of town friends and always a treasured place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The staff and owners are always welcoming. The restaurant is family owned and operated and couldn't be more inviting. The menu is extensive and perfectly prepared; wine selection is very good and the service is excellent. Five Star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Delicious Food!Dani2ItalianDined on 5/11/2014We are italians and local too. This was one of the very best italian restaurant. We ordered appetizers, main meals and desserts and everything here was very good. Yes, it's pricey! We were 6 and paid a little over $300.00, but was for a special occasion so it was worth it. You could order just the main meal if your on a budget, but it's definitely great food here. The service was good too. We had a toddler boy here with us, and one of the customer screamed at me saying " can you stop him", that was the worse experience, but I had to calm myself and tried to ignore him, because my son is only 2 and is autistic. Nothing to defend my son here but he just screamed once when my daughter tried to sit in my lap. So who was not a kid once ?Special Features:
- The best.YummytummyDined on 5/10/2014Favaloros never disappoints. Huge menu, great family owned restaurant, and you always leave satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 131 reviews are from the Favaloro's Big Night Bistro reviews archive.
- Local Gem Consistently PerformsRustyDined on 5/2/2014Not only does Big Night offer friendly local ambiance with great service, the food easily competes with the much more highly priced "premiere" venues in Pebble Beach. Wines are excellent and modestly priced. A glass of Riesling at $6, and a bottle of Super Tuscan Chianti for $30. Along with other reviewers, we are smitten with the avocado stuffed with crab salad. Also, the gnocchi in Gorgonzola cream sauce heavenly. We have dined here many times over the years, and the food is consistently good, and the wait staff never changes... which is itself remarkable.Special Features:
- Not sure it's worthy of the hypeLuvGreatFoodVIPDined on 4/25/2014We were a bit underwhelmed with our meal, after reading the numerous, glowing reviews. We found our meals to be good, but not exceptional. And after a weekend of dining at excellent restaurants in Pacific Grove, we found that our highest tab was at Favaloro's (by about 30%)...which we wouldn't have minded, if it had been a "wow" meal, but it wasn't. The server was very knowledgable and they were able to accommodate our need for a gluten free meal. A good spot, but considering the multitude of outstanding restaurants in the area, not sure we'll return.
- 2retiredtravelersDined on 4/22/2014It was a lovely dinner. Very quiet as it was a Tuesday evening just following the Easter weekend. But our host/waiter was extremely cordial and delightful to chat with. His suggestions were the best and we both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. My husband thought the seafood past dish especially wonderful. Excellent sauce! We will return whenever we are again in Pacific Grove.
- a special dinnerArielDined on 4/19/2014my husband and I ate the last dinner of our honeymoon a Favaloro's. I indicated as much on the reservation and the manager (?) brought us a delicious lemon sorbet, on the house. yay! our food was exceptional and very unique. I was expecting a more standard menu and boisterous atmosphere (you know, a Big Night!!) but was delighted to by the cozy, warm, yet not at all cramped house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration Successtzep202Dined on 4/17/2014Enjoyed our dinner with our daughter on her birthday. Favaloro's is perfect for anyone looking for a nice dining experience. Being a weeknight, there were only a few tables full so the place was pretty quiet. The service was excellent. The best meal was one of the specials, a truffle gnocchi. It was delicious! The other meals were good but next time we'll opt to ordering the specials of the day. Our shared dessert, mascarpone with fresh berries was excellent. The prices were reasonable compared to other fine restaurants. We'll definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian foodRoDDDined on 4/12/2014Food was great, but waiter preoccupied with a large groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingcbozoDined on 4/12/2014The staff is friendly and accommodated our party of 12. They were patient with us and service was prompt and friendly. I had the flat iron steak was cooked to perfection. The starter of panko fried avocado with crab filling was delicious and serving size was plentiful. Thank you.Special Features:
- Fried avocados? Really? Yes indeed!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/12/2014It's a must-have: the panko-breaded fried avocado with crab salad as an appetizer to split. Or a couple of them for dinner. ;) Our green and caesar salads were good sized. The caesar dressing had just enough bite, and there were several anchovies draped over the salad -- yum! Seabass is one of my favorite fin-fish, moist & flavorful. They did a nice job pairing it with several prawns in a scampi. Cannelloni was rich and filling. Salmon main didn't turn out as expected, but was still good. I'd say FBNB is a reliable Italian resto with a few interesting twists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific Grove GemChristyTDined on 4/3/2014Favaloro's had been on our list for awhile, and we are so glad we finally had the opportunity to go. Small, intimate, great food and exceptional service - we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Italian RestaurantRJdineoutDined on 3/25/2014We always visit Favalaro's when spending a weekend on the Monterey Pensinsula. All the dishes we have ordered have been tasty and well prepared, the service excellent, and the atmosphere very pleasant.This is truly a gem of a restaurant located in the heart of Pacific Grove. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Pacific Grove gemkevinDined on 3/22/2014We spent a few days in Pacific Grove and on our last day, decided to just wander a rounding taking in the sights and stores. We had a reservation for an earlier setting somewhere else but changed it for a late seating here. Great move! We made a reservation and got the last free tale for a bit and there were many people who dropped in. the restaurant apparently also had a coffee shop next door so the folks got to sit and enjoy a glass of wine while they waited, so no one seemed too upset.mThe service was exceptional and the food delicious. Nico's special is worth going back for. A delightful find in downtown PG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in Pacific Grovefoodebrat2VIPDined on 3/22/2014Favolaro's Big Night Bistro is an excellent place for Italian food any night of the week. We were a party of six and everyone had a delicious meal, including two children. The service is friendly and efficient. The wine list was very good and the food was well prepared and interesting and yummy!Special Features:
- Perfect!StephefVIPDined on 3/20/2014The staff was super nice and attentive. They made us feel at home. The food was delicious. We were very fortunate to find this quaint little restaurant on open table!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicesfgalDined on 3/11/2014Food was very good, staff (owner's son) was very friendly and knowledgeable on both the food and local wines. Would go there anytime we're in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavaloroMichaelDined on 3/8/2014We picked this site as it was a short walk from the B&B where we were staying. What we found was a fantastic restaurant. The service was excellent, good wine choices, and the fresh petrale was cooked to perfection. We will definitely return and would highly recommend this establishment to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like familyJan15Dined on 2/22/2014We were a few minutes late to our reservation and Favaloro's gave our table to another patron. Rather then tell us to take a hike (as would happen in SF where we dine out more regularly), the owner apologized profusely and sat us in the cafe next door with drinks and an appetizer on the house until another table opened up. Once we were seated inside, food, service and ambience were all charmed and romantic. Simply put, we had a wonderful night from start to finish. We were out for a special night - an anniversary dinner and probably the last fancy meal we'll have for a while due to a baby on the way. Favaloro's treated us like treasured guests and made sure we had a night to remember. Thanks for the memorable evening!Special Features:
- good food in a modest settingLocaldinerDined on 2/22/2014Italian based but with a wide variety of options - unlike "Joe Rombi"- the hot crab avocado special was excellent! If anything the portion sizes are too generous.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable and recommendedWineDineDined on 2/15/2014Great oysters, good caprese salad, cioppino and veal entrees were excellent. Looking forward to trying other menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Favaloro'sMoon57VIPDined on 2/8/2014Starting with the genuinely friendly server and ending with the port, this was a great dining experience. This restaurant only serves wine and beer and BTW, the beer was retrieved from their establishment next door. None the less, the mindset of this place is to make your dining experience one that you'll remember for being almost at home. The sea bass was excellent, and the accompanying vegetables were awesome. All of my guest loved their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is no better Italian!!goodfoodgoodwineDined on 2/7/2014I love that Favaloro's is consistently phonemenal, from the service to the quality of the food. Our server, John, made outstanding recommendations that would pair well with the Dawns Dream Pinot Noir I brought in with me. This guy knows his stuff, let me tell you. We started with the Gorgonzola Gnocchi and steamed clams appetizers, for entree i had the short ribs special and my friend chose the Ninos Best, and both were outstanding. Dessert was tiramisu, and I don't know how I will be able to eat anyone else's tiramisu again, Favaloro's is simply the best. This is a small, family run restaurant that makes you feel like part of the family. You can see, hear, feel, and taste the passion they have for what they do. Authentic in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when in the area!GManDined on 2/6/2014We have eaten here on many occasions and the food is always excellent. The atmosphere is great and the service is excellent as well. They make you feel like you are at home but the food is way better and they serve plenty of it! Well worth eating here when you are in the area.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceFoodforlifeDined on 1/24/2014This restaurant is great for a romantic evening. The food and the service were impressive. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.