7910 3rd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fauxpasbistro.com/
- Phone: 3234244767
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sat 10:00am - 12:00am
Sun 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Diego Bernal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Call Private Party Number for more details (310) 626 - 0873
- Special Events: Please Call Private Party Number for more details (310) 626 - 0873
A word from Faux Pas
Faux Pas Bistro offers American-French style plates with California based ingredients to satisfy a variety of tastes and desires at affordable prices. Faux Pas serves all the traditional bistro classics from Onion soup, Mac and Cheese, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Seared Sea Bass to the Croque Monsieur and Pizzettes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Faux Pas reviews from OpenTable diners
- Best Brunch & Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/13/2013I went on the recommendation from a friend and I am so glad I did. There were two of us for brunch and a third joined us at the bar afterwards. The place was packed and every table was having a great time. Even though it was very busy there was no wait on the food coming out. The service was great, Jered was so friendly from the start and is one of the best servers I have ever met. All of the food we had was amazing. All three of us will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013Food was good. Service is fine. Ambiance feels rather stale. Has potential just needs something to shake it up a bit. But it's a good option if you're near the Grove and want to eat nearby. I'll definitely go back and check out the brunch.
- Went for brunch on SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/6/2013Went for brunch on Sunday and would not recommend for anyone over the age of 40 (which we are!). Very young, noisy crowd all debriefing on their prior night on the town. I thought the place would be more "charming" rather than a hang out. Food was average at best. Wide selection of mimosas was a nice touch.Staff was friendly, but hard to get their attention at times for drink refill, water etc.
- Nice option near The GroveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/4/2013Very nice people, good food, nice bar, fireplaces... Faux Pas was an enjoyable experience. Our waiter was very nice. Only downside was the wine list which was pretty pedestrian. Some more attention by a wine professional would set it apart.Special Features:
- Close but no cigarLadoodieVIPDined on 12/29/2012There was nothing wrong with faux pas but nothing to bring me back either. The wait staff was friendly, and helpful when they were there, but not super attentive. It was good value and the salad were nice. Don't bother with the pizzas, they tasted home made but not in a good way. The wine was very reasonably priced.
- The food was oaky, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012The food was oaky, but the service was spotty. The restaurant was virtually empty on this Sunday night and we had to ask twice for more water and 3 times to get more bread. I had a caesar salad that was very good. The onion soup was okay. The people were friendly. You just the idea they had not been trained.Special Features:
- Faux Pas is going down hill.OutstandingVIPDined on 12/16/2012Faux Pas is going down hill. I guess it was supposed to be a French inspired bistro but know when you ask for French Press coffee they say "we got rid of those since it was too hard running around with 40 french presses", Capuccino?, "No just coffee". Food is well prepared but standard eggs, toast, bacon, sausage. It's not too expensive so I guess it's just OK.Special Features:
- Service was nice, but slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012Service was nice, but slow. Food was very good and I love the set up of the place.Special Features:
- Group of 8 of us for SundayArissabrightVIPDined on 12/2/2012Group of 8 of us for Sunday brunch. Great place! Some very inventive dishes, and nice sized portions. Only complaints are that they ran out of potatoes, and my meal came out late and a little cold. Will definitely go back and give this place another chance. Atmosphere is fantastic, very New York industrial.Special Features:
- Faux Pas has a nice seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/30/2012Faux Pas has a nice seating area where you feel like you are sitting outdoors facing 3rd street. However, it's doubtful I would return based on the (lack of) service we received. We were seated right away but it took about 10 minutes before our server acknowledged us and asked what drinks we wanted and before we could even say, we're ready to place our order, she ran away. It was another 10 minutes before a different server gave us our water and another 10 minutes before I caught our server, as she once again tried whisking past our tabl,e to place our order. Our food came out relatively quick and it was fine. However, it was difficult to get our server's attention after our meal.. she never even asked us if we wanted dessert.
- weekend it was not too crowdedSammyVIPDined on 10/28/2012weekend it was not too crowded which was nice. structure fun and interesting. one of those places food looks good but not so tasty. much fried but bland. i did not complain but did not eat soup. etc. waitress not terrible but clearly not happy to be working.Special Features:
- Not overwhelmed. An overlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Not overwhelmed. An overly calculated attempt to fuse American with French, which comes out as a little tasteless, or too salty. Garlic ( good garlic, not the cheap stuff ) would make a huge difference. Having said that, the kids seemed to love it!Special Features:
- We went there, 4 of us onFirouDined on 10/18/2012We went there, 4 of us on a thursday night. the place was half empty. It is a nicely decorated french brasserie with an authentic feel. the music is also very Euro - which is nice. the only problem was that that type of slow edith piaf music on a thursday night is really not conducive to having a buzzing atmosphere and soon the rest of the clientel cleared out. The service was also really slow even though the waiter was nice enough. Otherwise the food was very nice, and the decor was perfect. so is the location.
- Changed their brunch menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012Changed their brunch menu for the worse. It's smaller, overly egg-heavy. They removed all the sandwiches, removed most of the pancakes, removed the french toast, and removed many of the good breakfast sides. The portions are also significantly smaller. Our waiter was also clueless about the new menu, hadn't tasted any of the new items, and seemed as annoyed as we were. Very disappointed.
- we went for happy hour, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2012we went for happy hour, but happy hour is only at the bar. We sat in the front main dining area that feels very open, like you're outdoors. Food was good, great specialty drinks.
- I think it would be wise toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012I think it would be wise to expand the menu so we have more choices. More choices often times leads to repeat customers because they want to come back and try something new. Excellent service. Very friendly.Special Features:
- Great find!RITParentVIPDined on 9/29/2012Last minute table for a group of five. Most area restaurants we knew didn't have space. We wanted decent casual dining, cocktails and wine. This place exceeded expectations. We ordered a number of different items, all were good. Food arrived promptly, hot and tasty. Cocktails excellent. Staff friendly and attentive. Two points: the free valet parking with carpool that is listed on Open Table doesn't exist any more, and also their steak frites came with very yummy roasted potatoes but I very seldom order a steak frites and would prefer frites to be frites. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner here.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2012We had a great dinner here. We ordered the French onion soup, mussels, the faux pas burger, and Brussel sprouts. The food was excellent and the service was even better. A real great find that we will return to very soon!Special Features:
- SadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2012After four months faux pas still hasn't figured it out. The wedge salad was willy and under dressed, the bacon on it hard as a rock an reminiscent of beef jerky. The pizzettes taste like frozen pizza, but worse! We asked if it was frozen dough and the waiter said no, it's hard to believe. The only reframing qualities? Ambience and bottomless mimosas. Our server worked hard but was clueless, and had to double check everything before he added "blue cheese" here or "mushrooms" there. Not a sign of a confident server. If I go back it will only be for the French pressed coffee and cheap buzz
- Horrible Service, do not go!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2012Upon arriving early, I was asked to wait at the bar, which I was fine with as we were 15 minutes early. My wife and I sat at the bar, and were completely ignored for about 5-7 minutes. When the waiter finally paid us attention, he said, "oh, my partner didn't help you? or are you just waiting for a table?" Poor service. My wife then ordered a glass of wine. Afterwards, we were given a menu showing drink specials. The bartender never told us about any of the specials, what was good or what he would recommend. My wife would have ordered the mimosa special if she was given the opportunity. When we asked the manager if she could exchange it, we were told no, even though she never drank. Other were complaning after we sat. We decided to leave.
- Such a good time and the bottomlessOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/2/2012Such a good time and the bottomless Mimosas where the best! So many flavors my siblings and i had the best time catching up in this neighborhood gem!!!Special Features:
- Open French Bistro is a WinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/1/2012This was my first time to Faux Pas. Went for late weekend brunch and really enjoyed it. Great ambiance with the high ceilings and openness of the space. Food was good, although it would be nice if they had a couple "non-breakfast" entree selections aside from salads and sandwiches/burgers. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- getting better and better!exexdir1VIPDined on 8/30/2012The first visit to Faux Pas was back in July for brunch. Not the greatest but we gave it another try for dinner last night and were won over! The calamari was extraordinary. The steak frites done perfectly. My braised short rib was on a wonderful bed of creamy polenta and beautifully done veggies. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 was the rib needed a bit more flavor. The pretzel bread was tasty and the buttercake with pineapple a perfect ending to the meal. Lots of stuff to take home and have for breakfast. New management, new waitstaff, new chef. They are trying for five stars and I'm certain that they will get them. Thank you. We will make this a neighborhood must go to from now on. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- I think Faux Pas is just gettingFoodie4LifeVIPDined on 8/23/2012I think Faux Pas is just getting ramped up. The food was very good however the restaurant hasn't developed much of an identity.Special Features:
- This is my 2nd time at thisDisappointedVIPDined on 8/20/2012This is my 2nd time at this restaurant. I w3anted so much to like this place, but the food does not measure up. I wanted ahi tuna, which was one of the few dishes that I liked, but it was not available, altho on the menu. Very disappointed.
- The only real complaint IEddieSuperstarDined on 8/9/2012The only real complaint I have is the slow service. The food was tasty, not the best, but decent. I feel though, the food would have been better, had the night started with good service.Special Features:
- Loved the food and the openOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/5/2012Loved the food and the open atmosphere. Not usually a huge fan of mimosas, but for some reason I had to try one and then two. The blueberry lime was amazing. Mac n Cheese was over the top good, as were the Brussels sprouts and every other part of the meal, including the tiramisu. I'll be back and we'll be telling all my friends and family about it.Special Features:
- My friends and I really enjoyedZhivagoVIPDined on 8/5/2012My friends and I really enjoyed the restaurant - the food, the service, and the space were all great. Two comments: it is much too loud, and the fried chicken sandwich should have been accompanied by either a green salad or cole slaw on the side. It looked very lonely on the plate by itself and I would have enjoyed the sandwich more with some salad.Special Features:
- I was so excited to go toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/4/2012I was so excited to go to Faux Paus. The decor and ambiance are amazing. definitely takes you away. Whether or not it is to France... not so sure. We ordered some salads (which were nice). Then the "bruschetta". It had three crostinis with a miniscule amount of tomatoes and capers. Not so exciting. Then we ordered the pomme frite. They were more like smashed whole fingerling or baby potatoes. The flavor was nice but they didn't really seem like pomme frite. Then we got the brussel sprout pizza. It was beautiful but not so layered in flavor. We also ordered the short ribs and they were so dry it was hard to choke them down. Lastly we got the tune tar-tar and it was decent. The drinks are delicious. Pretty decor and polite service.Special Features:
- Great local brasserie.JaneVIPDined on 7/27/2012This restaurant has two rooms. One is clubby in a very pleasant way, with great banquette booths and a very comfortable bar. The other is a lighter brasserie-type room with the entire front open to the street, which makes it nice and airy. The food is very good, the service excellent, and the prices moderate for well-sized portions. They have $15 bottomless margaritas, if you're interested in that. I've been there twice, and it's consistently good. The service is efficient and friendly without being obsequious. I'd recommend it as an excellent local choice for French brasserie food.Special Features:
- A great addition to the neighborhooNLFOODVIPDined on 7/21/2012A great addition to the neighborhood. The incredibly generous portions were absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- A fine place but not for us:OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012A fine place but not for us: too noisy for us and though convenient and good service, food was only passable so not a good match.Special Features:
- The goat cheese salad wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/14/2012The goat cheese salad was good. The brussel sprouts were way overcooked. Our party of 4 ordered two sides of them. The server probably should have mentioned the portion size was large enough for us to have ordered just one. The salmon was good. Too bad it was served on a plank that didn't have a groove to catch the juice. Ended up with lemon and sauce in my lap. Beautiful patio and lighting though
- Some interesting food, butLAtoUESGirlDined on 7/12/2012Some interesting food, but this restaurant might be better off sticking to basics and not trying so hard/-sometimes the innovations don't work (e.g. mussels). Service needs to be worked on--when I arrived, it was so cold, and when I asked to be moved, I was told no--it would throw off server balance. Manager did his best to work on temperature of the room. Dessert took forever to arrive, and rather than our server telling us why, we had to ask. Our neighbors' bottle of wine appeared in our bill. Once such examples are worked out, this will be a nice addition to the neighborhood. Very nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Good, not great. Worth a try.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2012Food and service were ok. It's a good (not great)place to have a business or casual dining experience. Great ambiance. Overpriced in my opinion - $19 for penne vodka.Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012The food was great and the server was very attentive. Good place for a date. No complaints.
- This was our 3rd time diningPageVIPDined on 6/30/2012This was our 3rd time dining at Faux Pas. While the food was great previously, the hamburger was not as tasty. I thought the aioli sauce was missing and the bun was hard and burnt on the top. The banana-pecan pancakes were enormous and spilled outside the plate...rather ridiculous looking. About 1/4 of it can be eaten and the rest went to waste. The Eggs Benedict looked the best and was enjoyed. I made our reservation through Open Table, checked in with the hostess with my reservation, but she obviously didn't confirm that we had arrived. I checked my email later, and my reservation had been cancelled by Faux Pas. I called the manager twice, but never received a phone call back. So much for a relaxing lunch!Special Features:
- The trout was a nice surprise.vininfoVIPDined on 6/25/2012The trout was a nice surprise. Delicious. The little fried onions on top were not necessary. The fish was great on its own.Special Features:
- Fun place with good food (OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2012Fun place with good food ( I live in the neighborhood and have been twice in one week). There is a lot of space (ie lots of tables) so even when its hopping, its not too busy. Lots of seats at the bar and several high top tables that are open seating. Everyone there is super friendly - service is great. Walking distance from the grove so it's a great option for the movie goers. Sangria was great and they have a good wine list as well.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere and a greatGeorgetownTeddVIPDined on 6/21/2012Fun atmosphere and a great front room! Go for drinks or dinner with a big group. Good times...Special Features: